Beyond the Portals

By DragonAlpha

There comes a point in your life where you have to grow up. You can't hold onto the fantasies to keep you sta... More

Introductions
...
Prologue
After the Passing of Bellona
Female Roommate Required
Ms. Uley
Christmas Special 2020
Grizzly's Diner
Clearwater
New Book Cover
Gum
Jared Cameron
Tattoos and Haircuts
Art Club
Paul Lahote
Officer Burke
Dr. Cullen
The Breakup
Curtains Blowing
She Knows
Carnival
Rumors Spread
Edward Cullen
Authors Note
Christmas Special 2018

Samuel Uley

294 4 3
By DragonAlpha

"Does you turning into a literal bitch have anything to do with you being an metaphorical bitch?"

"Just part of my charm sweetie."

When Azazel came to she had a pounding in her head and was sprawled across a mossy forest floor. How hard did that car hit them? It knocked them into the fucking forest! She pulled herself onto all fours lifting her hand to her head. She could feel the world still spinning and couldn't get the image of Lunettes face out of her head.

Lunette!

Azazel's green eyes turned about wildly to see if she could find the girl with the doe eyes but... she didn't even recognize the forest she was in. "What the fuck?" There was no car wreckage, no sounds of traffic, no flashing police signs. Just the overwhelming pain that one could associate with an accident, but there was no blood... no bruising. Just the pain and a backpack with her initial on it? It looked just like the backpack she used to carry around in middle school.

Where the fuck was she?

Where the fuck was Lunette?

She opened her mouth calling out for the doe eyed girl and forced herself to stand up. She leaned against the tree calling out Lunette's name again when she heard it... the tell tale sound of heavy breathing. "Fuck. Lune." She gasped limping over to the sound of the breathing. The pain seemed to be going away and Azazel was just grateful because it made moving that much easier.

"Lunette. Please... I'm so sorry I-" and the words caught in her throat because that wasn't Lunette.

It was a man... dark tan skin, long silky black hair and brown eyes that were terrified. Azazel's hands lifted when he startled back as she tried not to scare him anymore. "Who are you?!" He asked and irrationally a small part of Azazel exhaled in relief. He was nude but he spoke English. Without thinking twice she slid off the jacket she had on and threw it at him to cover himself when she noticed he was trying to cover himself using his hands.

"Hey hey. Chill out man. I'm not gonna hurt you." She spoke squatting down to make herself less of a threat. "I'm Azazel Addanc Mohinga... call me Az or Dan." He looked like a man but his eyes were so scared. Almost like he was crying. "What's your name kid?" She asked watching as he took the jacket covering himself.

The man stayed quiet for a moment panting before answering, "Sam ... Samuel Uley."

"Okay. Sam?" She bit her bottom lip trying to figure out how to address this. "Have you seen anyone else while out here? A girl, light skin short brown hair? Brown doe eyes?" She asked glancing over her shoulder and when he shook his head she nodded. "Okay. Okay that's okay."

"I'm not a child." He finally spoke obviously not comfortable with the way she kept her voice soft and Azazel felt her temper flare but she reeled it in. She was trained for this. She didn't know what happened but this man was a victim of something. "I'm seventeen." Azazel's eyes bugged out of her head. Seventeen? He was fucking 6'6 and ripped.

"The fuck?" The words came out before she could stop herself and she pressed her lips together before addressing Sam. "Sorry it's just... you're just a kid." She finally answered.

"So are you!" He snapped at her making Azazel lean back her lips curling in distaste. With that attitude... definitely a teenager. "Sorry..." his apology was sincere though so she softened her gaze to the best of her abilities.

It took an hour but eventually Sam told Azazel where they were and while the more she listened to him and took in her situation... the more she started to realize that this wasn't her reality anymore. Which she accepted a lot smoother then she had expected herself too, she had died and killed Lunette along with her. The feeling left a hot churning in her stomach that she forced herself to calm down with but her hands still shook.

"Let's get you home-"

"No!" Sam snapped pulling back his hands shaking.

"No?"

"I'm a monster!" He murmured pulling his hands back, his eyes darkening.

Okay sure she didn't know the boy from Adam, but the way he had spoke about his mom and the reservation he was from... no way in hell was he actually a monster. And she placed a hand on his shoulder only to notice how hot he was. Did he have a fever? Exactly how long was he away from home?

"If you truly care about your mom.... you'll go back to her." Azazel challenged him.

"No! I'm doing this for her!" He snapped. "You don't know what it's like!"

"Then explain it to me." Azazel snapped her own temper flaring. "As far as I see, there's a wanna be nudist coward hiding in the fucking forest and forcing him mom to hurt!" She spat shoving him lightly with each insult . At the last statement however she shoved his back hard enough for him to fall , face flat into the earth. However as he fell forward in the earth his body began vibrating, to the point he was getting blurry and then like a furry grenade went off. Azazel came face to face with a large black wolf the size of a horse.

"Fuck."

When the wolf charged at her she grit her teeth bracing herself for the impact but then when she felt like a hot blast of heat and pain shoot through her skin and when she opened her eyes again she was pinning Sam, the wolf, down to the floor and an animalistic snarl was leaving her lips.

"You... you shift too?" Sam's voice was as clear as day in her head and she stepped off him snorting and shaking her head side to side. Azazel could feel the panic and disbelief rushing through her... but at the same time... she did die so she guessed she didn't need anything to make sense to her anymore.

"You died?" Sam's yap made her lift her head and she looked to Sam the wolf. How... how did he know?"

"I guess I can read your mind in this form?" Sam murmured and if he was human, he would be rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Thats fucking inconvenient." Azazel hissed wanting to attack the male but settled for pacing in a circle. "How do we shift back?" She asked almost demandingly as her heart thudded wildly in her chest. She knew that her thoughts could go to dark places and Sam didn't need to keep seeing Lunette's last expression. Every time she closed her eyes it was all she could see. And now all Sam could see.

"I... I don't know how to change back. Last time I did was because I fell asleep!" Sam's somber tone caused her to look at him. His hair was crazy long as a wolf too and seemed to be tangled in all sorts of sticks and dirt from their small fight. Sam's thoughts of the night he slept, how much he wished to just change back into a human...

It was hard for Azazel to think with how fast her heart was pounding... that's it!

"What's it?"

"Like anything else. It's visualized and we calm our hearts down. But that's just a theory." Azazel explained to Sam.

~~~

It would just be easier to say that it didn't work the first time. However they did manage to fall asleep while in their wolf forms... and waking had been a rather unpleasant experience.

"You know... you actually have a lot of tattoos-"

"I thought we agreed to Never talk about it!"

And after that final exchange, it would be ,hopefully, the last time they ever spoke about their awakening.

As a matter of clothing Azazel had found the bag with her initials and that had looked like her backpack from high school was actually hers... how that happened? She didn't know. But she had other things to worry about. As she and Sam clothed themselves, they talked about everything, and that included what he had seen in her brain.

As Azazel emptied the backpack looking for anything to cover Sam with she came across a wallet. "I'm telling you. If I didn't read your mind, I would have never believed you."

As Azazel skimmed through the wallet she fell back on her , now jean covered, ass. "Well I can't fucking believe that apparently in this world I was born in fucking 1990. What year is this?"

"2005.... you're the same age as Jacob Black! He just turned fifteen! We all celebrated it!" He blinked incredulously. "Well we as in the Quilutes, were all pretty close on the Rez." Azazel exhaled shoving everything back in her bag throwing at Sam a pair of booty shorts, a shirt and black sandals. "I'm supposed to wear this?" He asked and Azazel rolled her eyes standing up.

"Considering it's all I have that could fit around your fat ass, yes! It's the biggest shirt in there and those sandals are the only thing that are gonna actually stay on you Bigfoot." Azazel slung the backpack over her shoulder, not once looking at Sam as he pulled on the outfit.

"Okay and the booty shorts?"

"Waist is elastic. Keep up fuckface."

"You were a lot nicer earlier. I gotta ask. Does you turning into a literal bitch have anything to do with you being an metaphorical bitch?" Sam scowled and at the snap of his waist band Azazel turned to look at him with a sardonic smile. Oh he looked ridiculous.

"No. This is my classic charm sweetie." She drawled. "Let's go. The sooner you go home, the sooner your mom stops worrying and don't worry, I'll get the fuck out of your life." She snapped. She started walking in the direction that Sam had mentioned La Push would be in before realizing that he hadn't followed her. "What are you doing? Come on, your mom needs you." She asked her tone no longer biting.

Sam rocked on the back of his heels looking absolutely ridiculous in what he wore, and if he didn't look like a kicked puppy at the moment she would have laughed at him. Running a finger through his hair Sam asked softly, "What if you stay? I mean we're both figuring somethings out, she technically you are fifteen again. Why not? You'll be living with a roof over your head and I... I won't be alone in this." As he said the last word he gestured to the forest and himself and she realized he meant their newfound talent for becoming poofy Pomeranians.

She wanted to tell him no. To fuck off. She had her own shit to worry about, but she remembered another seventeen year old and wondered how she'd feel if someone had told him no when he needed help.

"Alright... I'll stay."

~~~~

(Ajax and Azazel depicted Below. Program Used was Picrew)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 7 38
This is about a female girl Olivia, Liv for short, that is daughter of the alpha. she is the youngest of her kind to become an alpha. she hates when...
535K 13.1K 76
Cover by @WHORV06 It's always quite hard to believe that creatures like Vampires and Shapeshifters exist. Both are natural swore enemies that are hel...
68.1K 2K 14
Sequel to "A New Cullen Sister". *Twilight Fanfiction. *Set after Breaking Dawn. Amelia's change was inevitable - after living with the Cullens for f...
120K 2.4K 15
Charlotte-Anne Swan, known to Forks, Washington and surrounding area as 'Little Charlie', 'Charlie II', or simply as 'Junior', may not have been clos...