A Violation To Symmetry- Deat...

By MajesticTeagle

Death The Kid is a perfect boy, with a very symmetrical lifestyle. BUT a new student, means changes could be... More

1: Welcome to the DWMA
2: Destroyer of art
3: Stories
4: Effort
5: Hearts of fear
6: Broken pieces
7: Waffling Around
8: Found
9: Unexplainable
10: Witch of the forest
11: The truth about Morgana
13: A Spoof
14: And So The Story Goes...
15: Asymetrical witch
16: Fateful but Greatful
17: Creator Of The Vase
18: Brooklyn
19: It's Love
20: Black*Star's Intuition
21: Not Welcome
22: Let the Investigation Commence
23: Day 2 In the Investigation...
24: Not a day over 10
25: A Parting Gift
26: Not the Time to play Hero
27: I'm not a man
28: Battle to the Death
29: Whole At Last
30: Loose Ends
31: The Old and the New

12: No more lies

360 13 33
By MajesticTeagle

Kid's P.O.V:

Gun shots were fired, surrounding furniture was damaged, and multiple wounds were received as well as dealt. My body was beginning to become tired and my head spun in circles from the countless injuries I've acquired in such short time. 

At this point, I've become too weak to be Rowena's concern. After all, I was just bait, wasn't I? As soon as Sam and Connor got here, I was most likely going to be tossed out like trash. Now there's a battle going on, and I feel as though I can't even lift my arms anymore. They've been slashed and hit, Rowena managed to take me down pretty easy, I doubt it could even be considered as a fight.

I looked over to Sam and Connor. Fighting like true warriors, against Sam's mother, who desires to Kill one and claim the other. It's sickening, Mother fighting Daughter, Daughter fighting Mother. They're family. Even witches should respect they're kids, right?

Well I suppose that's not how the story went for Crona and Medusa...

Sam throws the chain scythe at Rowena, tying her legs up. She pulled the chain and Rowena tumbled down on the ground. "Connor!" Sam shouts and instantly, Connor's form changes into a small dagger. Sam leans in close to Rowena in such speed that I found highly impossible, and the dagger comes flying down.

I expected to hear a scream, a squeal of terror, a shriek of pain. Instead I hear a high pitched deafening cackle, and Rowena removes Connor from her stomach. The wounds heal up, and she's good as new! How is that even possible! That shouldn't be able to happen! She should be dead, lying on the ground in agony! What I'm seeing here is the exact opposite. She's unfazed! How?!

"Kid, we've all got to get out of here!" Liz shrieked in fear from her pistol form.

"I know, but how will we get by her?" I asked. I got no response. I don't think she had any ideas up her sleeve. Though maybe, just maybe I might have a plan.

Rowena threw Connor to the other side of the room away from Sam, so now she was completely unarmed. Although, if she's a witch, she shouldn't need Connor to fight. If magic flows throughout her, Sam could easily send Rowena flying... But from the looks of it, Sam is doing the exact opposite. She's staring over at Connor, knowing that she won't be able to get to him in time.

"Have you forgotten already, sweetie?" Rowena smirked at Sam. The maroon haired girl smiled at Rowena and simply leaned back.

"I didn't forget, I was just hoping that you'd have let your guard down. I guess I should have learnt from the last few times that you wouldn't even think about it."

"Quite right you are. So tell me, is it my turn?"

In a split second, Sam was up against the cave walls. Rowena's hands wrapped around her throat and lifting her up so now the girl was in mid air, choking and desperately trying to free herself for air.

Come on, Sam, use your magic! If you really are a witch, free yourself and lets get going! Finish her already!

"Kid! Do something!" Patty screamed in fright. Connor was still in weapon form but I could hear his frantic cries for Sam. In this fight, no words would be able to pierce through the witches skin to make her stop.

Connor all of a sudden transforms back into his usual human form and takes several paces near Rowena.

"Excuse me," he says calmly. Did he forget that she's trying to kill his partner?!

"What is it?" Rowena asks, tightening her grip on Sam's neck. I can see her face turn slightly pale. Her cheeks puff out as she tries to regain breath but no air is sucked into her lungs. I can only imagine what she must feel right now. I need to do something! I probably should have thought of that maybe a few minutes ago...

"Do you have to be so heartless?" Connor asked. 

What?

"What do you mean, boy?"

"She's about to die. The least you could do is let her say her last words." Connor persuaded. 

No offence to Connor, but does he really think the witch is that stupid to just give in and let Sam go to give them a chance to retaliate? I doubt Rowena is that dumb.

Rowena's eyes soften a little. No, she can't really be falling for this, can she?

Her grip loosens and Sam falls to the ground coughing and spluttering and taking in deep gasps to drag the air around her into her lungs.

Wait...did Rowena seriously just let her go?!

"Very well. Child, speak your last words and make it snappy. I don't have all day you know, I have to take over the world and that is way too time consuming. I have a busy schedule." 

"Y-yes...of course, Ma'am." Sam croaked, managing to breathe properly now.

"Hey Kid," Patty whispered, "Can we go now? Sam's free."

"She may be free, but if we go now, there's a good chance Rowena will follow us," I said, processing the outcome. "I have have a feeling that Connor and Sam may have some sort of a plan formulating. I don't think they'd just do this all for nothing. Connor must have thought up something."

Sam stood up tall and straight, and cleared her throat somewhat dramatically. She inhaled deeply and exhaled just as deep, and then cracked her knuckles, dragging it on.

Rowena yawned and leaned against the wall waiting for the girl to hurry up and say what she wants to say.

"I have only one thing that needs to be said," she spoke, "And that is to my dear friend Connor. If you don't mind, I'd like to have... some tiger claws, if you will."

"Wait, hang on-"

Rowena was cut off when Connor disappeared and fitted over Samantha's knuckles, a small weapon and as the name suggests, is like tiger claws. Three small blades slashed into Rowena's side and the witch yelled out in pain, just as someone would expect when you get cut.

"Kid! Back them up and we can get out of here!" Liz shouts, and I waste no time in raising my tired arms and shooting rapidly at Rowena to keep her down.

"Shoot the roof!" Connor shouts out to me. I follow as instructed and aim for the roof and the roof collapses onto the witch. Another thing, if we didn't move now, we would join Rowena under the rubble!

Sam charged to us and grasped my arm and instantly ran dragging me behind her. A warm sensation flooding once again from where she holds.

"Hey! Wait-"

"If we wait, we'll be dug up in 50 years as nothing but rotten bones, now get your ass moving!"  she shouts. 

Well...as harsh as that was...I can't argue with that.

We ran having rocks only just missing us. I had the strange feeling that something was on our tails, something that wasn't just falling rocks and rubble. I glanced back and realised that a weapon was flying at us!

"What the hell?!" I exclaimed. Sam turned back and Connor cursed.

"Sam! Watch it!" Connor warned the girl. Huh?! What about me?!

Sam began picking up speed and for a second I thought she was going to leave me behind!

"Hurry up Kid! You're gonna get crushed!" Liz yelled.

"Yeah! I kind of figured that!"

I was about to summon Beelzebub when I felt my body become lighter and suddenly I wasn't running anymore. I was being carried bridal style?!

"I can run on my own you know!" I growled.

"If you're going to slow down, don't get too close! For Death's sake you were about to get crushed dammit! Don't worry me like that!" Sam scolded staring straight ahead. Eyes focused and Connor still in the tiger claw form.

I felt my face heat up a little. I worried her? I shake it off and end up holding onto Sam for dear life as the crashing down ceiling comes so close to dropping on top of us. Although I should be thankful that Sam is saving me, something about this feels wrong. For starters, I feel like a sissy little girl being carried like this. I never asked for Sam to carry me. My legs still worked perfectly!

Finally Sam makes it out of the cave and into the night air. Just in time too. Small rocks and dust fly up as the cave completely seals itself, and Rowena with it. It wasn't a time to celebrate though.

Sam drops me instantly and jumps to the side as the knife flies at her. It doesn't go after me, or Liz and Patty that have just now changed back into human form. It chased Samantha. She ran backwards and forwards trying to shake it off. Connor transformed back and tried grabbing at it, but it's like it had a mind of its own!

It completely ignored Connor and still insisted on going for Sam. The poor girl was getting tired. I went to go help Sam and charged afterwards trying to catch it like Connor was doing. Sam stopped for one second, and that was enough for it to pierce her flesh.

"ARGH!" she screamed and fell to the ground as the knife stuck out of her leg. It was going for her stomach, but she had used her leg to shield that area.

She clutched her leg as blood spilled out, making her black jeans turn a few shades darker.

"Eek!" Patty screams and hides her face in her hands to prevent herself from looking. 

"No time to gawk, help me Kid!" Connor said and helped Sam to stand on her one foot. She slung her arm around him  and hobbled forwards away from the cave. If I help, I'll get her blood on me! I can't dirty my clothes!

'Your clothes are already dirty, Kid, now suck it up and help me!' Connor's voice rung in my head.

What?! He's staring at me... almost glaring... yet his voice rings in my head?! 

"Kid, come on," Liz sighs and snags the other side of Sam. Sam grunts and lets out sharp exhales as her leg drips scarlet that floods the grass.

Remember, she's a witch. Her and Connor are enemies... My mind told me.

But why would they save me from being crushed?

To gain your trust of course... It's the only explanation... Why else would they?

Of course... that's the only reason.

I clenched my fist and turned to Patty who was staring at Sam with worried yet frightened eyes.

"Come on, Patty. Lets go home." I said softly. She nodded her head and we walked on after the others.

*************

We all walked through the door of Gallows Manor and Liz and Connor instantly dropped Samantha onto the couch. Blood spots covered the concrete outside all the way into the house, and they were splattered over the carpet. That's going to take me ages to get out! I frowned.

"Patty, go get the first aid kit!" Liz instructs. The younger sister salutes and nods yes then rushes into the kitchen knocking several things down in search for the kit.

I watch as Patty brings in everything and Connor rips the bottom of Sam's jeans, showing the mass of red that covers her shin. Blood spills onto the couch, and I feel myself becoming sick in the stomach. Screw the floor, that stain is going to take me months!

Sam sat up as Connor tended to her wound. I leaned on the wall observing Connor's work. He's quite skilled in patching it up. He stitched it up well and covered it with a nice big bandage. Aside from all the stains she's making, she should be good as new.

"I've had worse," Sam shrugged, causing Connor to chuckle and ruffle her bangs. He agreed with her slightly and I found myself staring intently at her leg.

Morgana has healing powers, right? She's Morgana, isn't she? Why doesn't she heal herself?

Those thoughts run in my mind. 

Come on, Sam, heal yourself. Prove to me that you're the darkest witch of all time. Prove it to me that you wield the power to destroy this city. Show me that you are my enemy.

Sam continues to converse with Connor with small laughs and giggles coming from both of them.  I can't take my eyes off of her bandaged leg. In my head, I keep chanting, Heal yourself, heal yourself, show me who you really are heal heal heal.

It's like I have a thirst for finding out who she really is. If she is a witch, maybe that was the special reasons for why they're here. But why? What could my Father have to gain by putting the whole city in danger?

This whole thing...it frustrates me! She needs to hurry up and do something! Before I lose my mind and take everything out on them!

I slam my fist up against the wall causing multiple pairs of eyes to look at me. Too late.

"Uh, Kid?" Liz asks unsure. I ignore her and stand in front of Connor and Sam.

"Tell me something. Connor, you're the legendary weapon Titan, are you not?" I asked him, a hint of anger sewn throughout each word. He gulped and nodded his head hesitantly.

I furrowed my brows and pointed at Sam. "Then that makes you the witch, Lady Morgana."

She frowned and didn't seem overly worried that I knew who they really are. Liz and Patty stayed silent and quietly moved away to sit down.

Sam stood up on her good leg, Connor helping her to keep stable, and with a small breath, looked me deep in the eyes.

"Yes. I am the witch Lady Morgana. If you don't mind, I'd prefer it if you address me as Samantha or Sam. Morgana is a name I abandoned ages ago."

"I can see why. You were the witch that caused all that destruction years ago, weren't you?!" I growled, completely losing my cool. Sam's eyes widened and Connor stared in confusion. I wasn't going to fall for their sorry looks. I knew now it was all fake. 

That's right, all fake. There are no friends with the enemy, right?

All they want is to destroy us, and  make sure that there are no survivors!

"Tell me something and be honest. Did you enjoy slaughtering all those innocent people? Did shedding their blood make you any happier?! Tell me! Did the terror you brought make you feel good?!"

"Kid..." Liz trailed off to get my attention. Once again I disregarded her. 

"And you, Connor, why would someone with your talents help her to create chaos? Do you have any morals?!"

"Kid, it's not like that," Connor said raising his arms in defense and also in an attempt to calm me down.

I turned away and scoffed. "I'm told to kill witches, Connor. Kill them. What is Samantha? A witch."

"Are you telling me you're going to kill her?" Connor asked preparing to attack me if I dared stepped any closer or made a move.

I glared hard at the two, and then stared deep into Sam's eyes. The blue wavering orbs of sadness and yet confusion remained. My thoughts were clouded and scattered all over the place. I began having the idea that my thoughts weren't my own. 

Sam closes her eyes lightly and it's almost like she's accepting her fate. I glance over to Liz and Patty. Their shocked faces say it all. But if I asked them to kill Sam and Connor, I know that they won't. I don't want to kill them either, but they entered into Death city and I can't let them do any harm to anyone. Especially all my friends at the academy.

I glanced at Patty and Liz and being my partners, they do as I command, transforming and resting in my hands. Connor goes to step forward but Sam blocks his path with an arm held out. She looks without emotion down at the floor. 

"Don't," she said to her partner quietly. Her head tilts up to catch eye contact with me once again. "Kid, I don't know what happened to you before we got to the cave, I don't know what Rowena told you about Connor and I, but obviously it must have been something to get you this riled up. Whatever she told you, I can assure you that there are probably some truth to it, but there's always room for lies with Rowena. I'll be honest with you. I really dislike you, Kid. Always have from day one. But you surprise me. Your relationship with your partners can only be described as admirable. You're strong willed and are headstrong at times, something I can respect. I can see you are respected by many, and you also carry a lot of respect for others. Loyalty to your father is also something to smile upon," she stopped to smile slightly and then she went back to frowning. "You follow the rules, and if I must die, then I die."

She dropped to her knees and we all stared at her  with shocked expressions. Connor tried to make her stand up but she shook him off and stayed put. "Well Kid? What are you waiting for? Kill me. I deserve it, don't I?"

"Sam, you can't be serious, can you?!" Connor exclaimed pulling on her arm. I pointed the pistols at her head ready to hit the triggers. 

"Kid! Please!" Patty begged, crying in her pistol form. Liz stayed quietly probably sobbing at what I'm about to do. Sam still sits facing the reality of the situation and not hesitating at all. She accepts that she's a witch and the fact that coming into Death City has a penalty.

I stare holes into her judging her from her head to her toe. She lifts her head up a little and that's when I see it. The small glint of admiration in her eyes. Respect. For me and the girls. If I shoot, she's not going to move away. She has no tricks. She's ordered Connor to do absolutely nothing.

She said she was being honest, but she wasn't at all. She doesn't dislike me. She see's me as an equal now. She sees me on the same level as Maka, Black*star and everyone else. 

Shoot her! She's ready to die now!  Shoot! Shoot!

She saved my life for a reason. That's a debt that can't be left unpaid. Then again...

Shoot! Shoot the girl!

I aimed at her and she closed her eyes ready to hear the bang.

I lowered my arms and placed them at my side.

"Get out of here, both of you. I'll let you go this once. A life for a life."

Sam looked up surprised and Connor mirrored it. 

"What?" Patty asked. They transformed into humans and looked at me expectantly.

"You saved my life before, so I shall spare your lives. Now get out of my sight before I change my mind," I growled and walked off up the stairs. Connor helped Sam hobble to the front door. Opening it welcomed them the cold air, and the growl of thunder. Rain drops fell from the sky, and Sam turned back at me as I stopped halfway up. A pang of guilt struck me, but I can't let it get to me.

"Go," I said firmly.

"Kid! Isn't that a bit harsh?" Patty asked giving me the doggy eyes. I looked away from her. Any longer and I would have given in.

Sam gulps and Connor helps her outside the door.

"One thing, Kid," Connor shouts back, "Next time gather the whole truth before you make assumptions. Don't believe everything  you hear from a witch."

And with that, they disappeared out into the rain.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

387 50 28
Eliza Storm is a new comer to DWMA and so is her weapon Rosa Storm who is her twin sister (by five minutes). Kid saw that she was the most beautiful...
5.3K 83 15
- A story about Maka's twin sis joining DWMA. Just a normal girl who has her own weapon. - Rewriting (in progress) ☁️ ⚠️ Warning !! β€’ THE OLD VER...
41.3K 1K 58
An X Reader fanfic about the reader's adventure in Soul Eater. This is a Death the Kid X Reader, Soul X Maka and Black Star X Tsubaki fanfic with som...
24.1K 414 3
Snow is an ordinary Soul Eater fan. She reads the manga, watches the show, ect. But one day, after going to bed, she finds herself in the DWMA! After...