Frozen Heart

By TeeNice

First Book of The Heart Series: The Frozen Heart She pulled back her power and saw the Alpha walking towards... More

Frozen Heart
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue
EXTRA CHAPTER I
EXTRA CHAPTER II (part 1)
EXTRA CHAPTER II (part 2)
Book II: Precious Heart

Chapter 21

2.2K 109 10
By TeeNice

The Seal

"If you spend your time hoping someone will suffer the consequences for what they did to your heart, then you're allowing them to hurt you a second time in your mind."

― Shannon L. Alder

Paige found herself in the dining area again but this time they were eating dinner.

She was staring at her food when she heard the boy speak, "mom, are you okay?"

Paige looked up and stared at the woman who smiled weakly at the boy. The man beside the woman put his arms on the woman's shoulder and gently massages it.

"Your mom just tired." The man answered.

"Tired?" her mouth open before she could realize it, "why?" she stared at the man too and noticed a tired looked on his face too.

The two adults stared at each other before they looked at her. "Your mom and I went to our neighboring pack to help them heal their son"

"What happen to him?" the boy asked.

The man smiled weakly and looked at the boy, "He was attacked by the Rouge. The wound is fatal."

Paige gasped worries swallowed her, "Is he okay?"

The two adult looked at each other again and shared a knowing look then the man looked at her, "Yes Paige, he's alright"

She exhales feeling relief hearing that the son of the neighboring pack is alright. She frowned mentally asking why she would feel like that.

They continue eating their food and creating a small conversation.

+++

Solomon was seating at the couch near at the bed where Paige was lying. It's been a two weeks and Paige is still unconscious. Doc put an IV fluid so that the nutrients she need can easily enter in her system since she couldn't eat.

Solomon never left her side after Beta Nicholas left carrying an unconscious Eaton in his shoulder. They still never told him what they did inside the room after Alpha Slade pull him outside.

Solomon was reading a book when someone knocks on the door. "Come in" he said without leaving his eyes on the book he was reading.

"Sorry to disturb you Alpha Solomon but Alpha Slade needs you in the meeting right now." Eaton informed Solomon. Eaton stayed unconscious for three days and after that he never set his foot in the room until now.

Solomon nodded, "I'll be there in a minute"

+++

A loud bang echo in the house and Paige knew that door just shattered into pieces due to the strong impact.

They immediately stood up and the man pushes them behind him as the woman drew her and the boy to her side.

A large man entered the dining area and bow at the presence of the man, "Alpha, we are under attack" the large man said. Paige saw the large man's shirt was ripped and there are stains of blood on it.

The man growled and cursed incoherently, "You know what to do" the large man nodded and left.

The man turn around to face them he was about to speak but the woman beat him to it, "I should have known." her violet eyes was glowing "He was waiting for this opportunity. He knew that we are weak"

The man put his hands in the woman's cheeks lovingly seeing tears were starting to gather in her eyes, "Finish the rituals. There's nothing we can do to defeat him not in this condition"

The woman nodded and held Paige and the boy tightly in her body. The man led them outside only to be welcome by a dreadful sight.

Paige gasped seeing a lot of dead bodies everywhere and she felt like all the food she ate wanted to come out as if her body was rejecting it but that sight didn't let them stop from going to the forest.

As they got near in the forest, they bump into a hard wall but when Paige looked there was no wall there. She ran again and realized there's an invisible wall there trapping them.

A menacing deep laugh caught their attention and it was very familiar to Paige. They looked at where it came from and saw a man cloth in black walking slowly as if he has all the time of the world towards them.

Then a few large wolves stood beside them creating a semicircle defense protecting them.

"Prius" the woman said as she glared to the man who was wearing black.

Prius – the man in black grinned at them, "It is such an honor Lady Lucille for you to remember my name."

'Lucille?' Paige thought as she looked at the woman. She heard the name before but she couldn't remember where.

The man growled at Prius.

"Oh Vigo, I didn't know you are there" Prius said innocently.

"What do you want?!" Vigo spat.

Prius shook his head clicking his tongue; "You know what I want" Vigo growled loudly, "Give me Lucille"

Vigo bares his sharps canines to Prius, "Never!"

"Wrong answer Vigo" Prius wickedly smiled then a group of Rouge appeared behind him, "Kill everyone except Lady Lucille" Prius ordered to the Rouges.

The Rouges growled before they charge towards them. The Large wolves that surround them counter attack the Rouges protecting the Alpha's family till their very last breath.

Everything was so fast that Paige didn't comprehend everything. Everything becomes blurred.

She blinked a few times trying to catch everything that happen around her but it was too late.

The scream of the boy brought her vision cleared again and all that she can see is the Lady Lucille lifeless body in the dirty ground and Vigo panting trying to get more oxygen to his lungs.

Paige didn't know why but her body move towards Vigo. "Dad?" tears escape from her eyes as she called Vigo. Vigo looked at her smiling weakly, gently wiping the tears in her cheeks. "Smile my beloved daughter" Those words only brought more tears in her eyes.

Vigo's hand in her cheeks fell up to her chest where her heart is, and then he speaks in ancient language – his voice sounds like multiple people speaking while his glowing silver eyes looked straight to her violet eyes without wavering.

"I, Vigo Patriarcha Crescent will give the title of Alpha of the Crescent Pack to my beloved daughter, Paige Violetta Crescent. May the gods and goddesses guide you."

Paige opens her eyes finally regaining her consciousness.

The sealed is broken.

+++

The meeting with the Alpha started without Solomon. Everyone was reporting anything about their collected information. All the Alphas were busy discussing every detail when one of the Alphas asked looking for Solomon.

Alpha Slade recognized who was asking and it was Alpha Angelo.

Alpha Angelo is the most prideful and not-so-bright Alpha that Alpha Slade had ever known. Alpha Angelo is too proud that he didn't even attend every shift ceremony or even this kind of meeting that is why Alpha Slade was wondering what the hell is he doing here?

"Solomon is attending something important." Alpha Slade answered, "He'll probably late"

"What's so important than this meeting?" Alpha Angelo asked and Alpha Slade knew that he was trying to create an argument.

Alpha Slade sighed, "His mate needs him" he simply answered trying not to prolong the coming argument.

"His bitch!" Alpha Angelo said in low voice but it was clearly heard in the meeting hall.

"Would you say that again?" Solomon said as he lean in the door frame crossing his arms in his chest.

Alpha Angelo rolled his eye, "So your bitch is more important than the future of all the pack in the continent." He snorted. "All pack in the continent is at stake" he added as if he was concerned about the future of the other packs, "A very irresponsible and selfish Alpha."

Solomon let out a thunderous growled that shook the meeting hall. "YOU!"

Alpha Slade was fast enough to retrain Solomon from attacking the arrogant Alpha. Everyone shudder seeing Solomon glowing silver eyes, even Alpha Angelo who refused to show it.

"Calm down Solomon." Alpha Slade whispered in his ears. "Remember you are in my territory."

Solomon gritted his teeth so hard that it can shattered due to strong force. He closed his eyes took a few deep breath to calm himself and his wolf.

Solomon opens his eyes and seated. As much as possible, he avoids letting his eyes see the Alpha Angelo. Even Solomon was wondering why Alpha Angelo attends this meeting. Solomon knew that Alpha Angelo rarely attends this kind of meeting and if he does, he never fail to trigger a fight, so it is better – much better to not let him attend the meeting.

"Let's continue the meeting" Alpha Slade said meeting everyone's gazes but the tension between Solomon and Alpha Angelo is still there.

"I'm afraid, Alpha Slade" The Alpha of another small pack that was beside the Crescent territory said, "We fail to gather information about this unknown pack" he paused. "There is something in the territory border that was protecting the territory."

"What do you mean?" Alpha Slade frowned.

"There is something inside that makes our wolves anxious and restless if we ever set our foot in the territory." The Alpha said tiredly. "Even our finest trackers used their heighten senses to sense any presences inside. They say that they felt someone was blocking them."

Everyone in the meeting tenses hearing the report except Alpha Angelo who just laughed mockingly to the Alpha who reported.

"Just admit that your pack is nothing but a weak pathetic pack" Alpha Angelo said.

Everyone chooses to ignored Alpha Angelo and continue the meeting.

"Perhaps a Sorcerer?" another Alpha asked.

Alpha Slade considered that thought. It is highly possible that it was a work of the sorcerer.

Alpha Slade looked at Solomon then to the other Alphas. "We caught a Rouge and held him in the cell for the questioning" everyone looked at Alpha Slade. "The Rouge said that a certain sorcerer was gathering all the Rouge in the land and he controls them against their will."

"It is the same sorcerer that trespass your territory?" another Alpha asked to Alpha Slade.

The news about the intruders in the Wolfsbane Pack two weeks ago spread quickly as the fire devouring the forest.

Alpha Slade kept his mouth shut. He couldn't answer because he didn't encounter the sorcerer who trespass his territory himself.

"No" Solomon answered. "The sorcerer that we met in the cell that controlling the Rouges has a glowing violet eyes while the intruder two weeks ago has a glowing silver eyes." Solomon looked at Alpha Slade. "But they both want one person"

'Another silver eyes?' Alpha Slade thought.

"Who are they after?" a curious Alpha asked.

"They are after Paige" Alpha Slade was the first one to answer, "The strongest Sentinel in my pack"

"Why would they –"

Alpha Angelo laughed interrupting the Another Alpha and stood up. "That bitch is still alive" he said in low voice. Alpha couldn't believe it that his slave who ran five years ago is here in the Wolfsbane pack. "You welcome a pathetic freak she-wolf in your pack?" Alpha Angelo looked at Alpha Slade disgustingly; totally disrespecting the Alpha of the territory where he was standing.

Alpha Slade looked at Alpha Angelo, 'so he was her former Alpha that made her suffer too much that she wanted to kill herself' he thought, 'why I'm not surprise?' 

Alpha Angelo is the most ambitious, proud, and arrogant Alpha the continent has ever known. 

Solomon stood up making his chair fall backwards and glared at Alpha Angelo. "That pathetic freak she-wolf you are calling is my mate" he spat. His patience was so thin that another one word from Alpha Angelo it will snapped. "If you disrespect my mate again, I'll kill you" Solomon warned.

Alpha Angelo laughed mockingly again ignoring Solomon warning. "I felt sorry for the future of the Sage Pack." He grinned, "Having such a pathetic she-wolf as a Luna"

Alpha Slade stood up too, to stop the fight before it's too late. He looked at Alpha Angelo, "Angelo back down!" he ordered using his Alpha tone.

Alpha Angelo gritted his teeth trying to fight off the order.

Alpha Slade glance to Solomon seeing his eyes was flicking to glowing silver eyes again. He was so sure to himself that he already saw that kind of eyes, he just can't pin point it where.

"Silver eyes?" another Alpha asked that caught everyone's attention. "Isn't the Crescent pack bears a rare silver eyes."

Then Alpha Slade finally realized, "The gift of the goddess of moon." he whispered.

"You are all fools!" Alpha Angelo suddenly shouted making everyone stood up and growled at him. "It is impossible! The Crescent Pack was annihilated seventeen years ago. No one survive according to the information."

In a split of second, they heard a loud thud sound that shook the wooden oval table. It was so fast that they didn't saw how Alpha Angelo was violently pinned in the table with a great force creating a dent and a few cracks in the wooden table.

"It seems that you got a wrong information" a cold voice said freezing everyone in the meeting hall. "Half of my pack survived the attack"

Alpha Angelo shivered and he could feel the pain spreading in his back. He looked up to see his attacker. "Pai –... Paige?" fears consumed him as he saw Paige's eyes turns to glowing violet and midnight black hair slowly turning to silver white color. She was leaning closer to Alpha Angelo.

"Hello Alpha Angelo" Paige greets her former Alpha, "I've been dying to have this great opportunity to end your life" Paige looked straight to her former Alpha's eyes.

She put her right hand in his chest while the other hand is gripping his neck. She can feel the erratic heartbeat of her former Alpha.

Paige slowly thrust her hand in her former Alpha's chest; drawing blood as her sharp claws puncture through the clothes and skin. "I'll make you feel the pain you and your pack has caused me"

Alpha Angelo screamed at the top of his lungs feeling the unbearable pain in his chest. He opens his mouth to beg but blood came out from his mouth.

Everyone took a step backwards unconsciously trying to get away from the scene they were watching as possible.

Paige was taking her time as she push her hand deeper in her former Alpha's chest, enjoying the pain looked of the Alpha. She stops until she can literally touch the heart.

Alpha Angelo screamed.

Solomon cringed at the sight. He couldn't even move to stop his mate. He felt this is not the Paige he knew these past few weeks. She was a different person inside Paige's body.

He frowned; but he didn't feel anything like disgust or fear seeing his mate killing someone let alone an Alpha. He feels like Alpha Angelo deserves it. His eyes were fix at Paige.

All this time Paige spend her time hoping someone will suffer the consequences for what they did to her heart, then she's allowing them to hurt her a second time in her mind; and that worries Solomon most.

Alpha Angelo was whimpering and crying. He couldn't form any words as blood continuously came out from his mouth. His body was frozen as he stared at the glowing violet eyes; it was cold and emotionless. He knew that no matter how much he beg using his eyes it won't reach her.

Paige shushes the crying Alpha softly like she was cooing a child. "Oh Alpha Angelo I like the way your face distorted every time you feel the pain." Paige smiled coldly. "Do you want me to end your pain?" She innocently asked while her hand is still inside the Alpha's chest.

Without second thought, Alpha Angelo frantically nodded as he gritted his teeth because of the pain. Every little movement of his body will worsen the pain he felt.

Paige snorted and pulls out her hand in the Alpha's chest. She stood up straight and didn't even bother that her hand was dripping with blood.

Paige looked at every Alpha in the meeting hall. No one dared to uttered a word or even made a sound, only the frantic breathing of the half dead Alpha is heard.

Paige pulled out her Wolfsbane sword in its sheath. "Anyone who will insult my name or my mate or even this Pack with or without my presence..." She raised the sword; the blade was pointing at the open wound of the Alpha's chest. "Will have the same fate as Alpha Angelo." Without hesitation she brought the sword down stabbing Alpha Angelo's heart killing the Alpha while his eyes were wide open. It was through and through that it penetrates through the wooden table.

Paige looked at the corpse without remorse. "I'm doing your pack a favor" then she pulled out the sword. She walked toward the chair that was designed for the Alpha of the Crescent Pack. "Now let's continue the meeting..." she sat comfortably crossing her legs. She didn't even care about the dead body lying in the wooded table as the blood was starting pooled in the floor.

No one moved.

===============================

Author's note:

Hi everyone! I have a favor to ask. I badly need to know what is in your mind while reading this chapter:) PLEASE! this is the longest chapter I ever made in this book. thank you!:)

love, 

teenice 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

264K 8.8K 26
This story is about a girl with no name. This girl is the definition of powerful; she is the most feared werewolf warrior in the world. Not only is s...
109K 3K 29
For the last seven years, she wanted nothing more than a normal, free life. Abuse and neglect were her everyday companions. As her twenty-first birth...
17.3M 543K 37
"It's like he's a different breed of werewolf. Something... beyond us." • • • Adrienne Gage has spent her entire life being shunned and punished for...
730K 16.4K 47
Ava, a lonely abused wolf. Forever alone is her motto. Jace, a feared alpha, know as heartless,uncaring,and rude. Jace always wanted a mate through...