Pertemis: Timeless

By Adaminus_de_Laserose

(Completed story) βœ… Well, before all of this, I didn't know who I was and who were my parents. I just only kn... More

Welcome
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Important Notice!
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 6

23.6K 449 144
By Adaminus_de_Laserose

Artemis's POV

"Ahahahah!!!"

We were falling down with incredible speed. If that idiot didn't pull me in, I wouldn't have been in this situation now.

"Hey hold on!" Percy screamed.

"Hold on!?" I yelled. "There's nothing for us to hold on."

"Can't you use teleportation!?" He screamed. "get us out of here!"

"If I could I would've done it by now!" I yelled back. "No need for an idiot like you to remind me!"

I closed my eyes and waited for what I was about to face. There could be anything down there. Sharp spears pointing up at the bottom for us to fall in so that they could piercing through us, or some kind of monsters down there. Who knows what would happen.

Just then, Percy jumped to me and embraced me, pulling me so close to him that I could feel his warmth and breath.

"H-hey..." I stuttered, my cheek was burning red. I'd never been this close to a man before. Not to mention he's hugging me now.

He didn't answer instead. He just flipped his body on mid air so that now his back was facing the pit below. He wanted to be a shield. Oh gods, the impact could tear him apart.

"Stop this nonsense!" I yelled. "You're gonna crash to death!"

"I'm a god!" He said. "I can't die!"

And before I could say anything more. We already hit the ground and we both fell into unconsciousness.

A moment later

"Urggg" I groaned, trying to sit up from my position but I fell something was wrapping around my back, holding me down.

That was when everything slowly came back to me. I looked down, despite the fact it was pitched black down here. I could still see the person was laying below me.

"P-Perseus?" I shook him gently. "Hey don't joke with me you idiot. Hey!"

Yet there was no response from him. That was when I started to get panic. This was considered my fault in the first place if someone found out about this. If he's dead, I would be taking on the whole responsibility. I didn't care much about the punishment Zeus would put for me. I just didn't know what to say to Hestia. She had taken interest in him after all, she would be so angry or disappointed if she knew.

I looked down at him again, trying to search through the dark to see if he had any injury on his face. I just leaned closer and closer until I realised I was too close to him.

I didn't complain that his arms was around my waist and I was laying on top of him. I was nervous now that our faces were so close. The tip of my nose nearly touched his. My eyes just stick to his closed eyes, the curl of his eyelashes fascinated me so much that I didn't dare to move a muscle.

Then all of a sudden, curiosity came flooding in. I have never been this close to a male. And now when I was so close to one, I didn't know what to do.

You like him.

Urg just shut up already.

That bloody voice had been persisting me for awhile now. If it wasn't because of that voice, I'm wouldn't have said something stupid and be in this situation now. Despite the fact I was pretty irritated, the thought of being this close to Perseus somehow was drawing me closer to him. Damn you curiosity and your female intuition

I tried to resist the urge to touch his lips with mine. I meant he was already dead. That would be so gross to kiss a dead person. But now my lips and his were only a few millimetres apart. My curiosity wanted to move, but parts of my brain were yelling me to stop.

"What do you think you are doing?"

I suddenly heard a voice and opened my eyes to see a Perseus staring up at me.

"Oh...uh-it's was...just uh nothing..." I stuttered, quickly climbed off him.

Now I actually said thanks to the dark because he couldn't see how red my face had become.

He tried to sit up and looked around.

"Where the hell are we?" He said, scratching the back of his head.

I was about to say something when he started first. "Wait a minute..." He looked up to me. "You tried to trap me. You tried to kill me!"

"Hey if you are going to say something, at least make it right!" I flared up. "I just wanted to scare you. I didn't want to kill you!"

"Oh yeah so why are we here?"

"If you didn't get me mad!" I walked closer to him. "You wouldn't be standing here right now. This is just a lesson."

"Fine fine" he threw his hands up. "How can we get out now?"

That was until I realised it. I was a goddess of the hunt. Of course I could be able to see every trap. But making it was not my domain. Now I wished Hephaestus was here. He was the one who built this place after all.

The wall was rock solid, I estimated the thickness of it. None of us could able to breach through the wall. We were hundred feet below from the ground. It was impossible to climb up and beside, the wall was too steep and high. I tried to use teleportation, but of course, it didn't work otherwise it wouldn't have been called trap.

"I...don't know" I muttered.

"You what!?" Percy exclaimed. "You got us both in here and now you don't know how to get out?"

"Hey I intended to bring you out ok!" I countered back. "If you didn't grab my hand and pulled me down with you at the last minute. You would be standing on the ground by now."

"Oh yeah so now you say it is my fault!" He pointed at his chest. "Weren't you the one that being a sore loser and can't accept defeat?"

"You have guts Jackson" I pulled out my dagger. "If you didn't humiliate me. I wouldn't have done that."

"You were the one that caused all of this!" He flared up. "I didn't even want to be here in the first place! I didn't even want to be a god!"

That was totally surprised me. Now guilt
was building up and I didn't know what to say.

"You could've just left me back to the world. You could've just erase my memory about all this crazy thing. Yet you brought me to this world" he was on the roll "you said it's my fault. Then what did I even do to get you mad!? Perhaps because you have a grudge against men? You said I humiliated you, then have ever you considered humiliating me when you, a goddess of man haters volunteer to train me!?"

"Percy I was just..." I lowered my voice.

"Forget about it." He waved his hand and turned away. "Now all my concern is how to get out of here"

I didn't say anything more but to look away, trying to find a way out. Now guilt was flooding all over me. I didn't mean to hurt him that much, well just only physical. But now, I accidentally got him mentally. Even though I upset him, my mouth couldn't form word sorry. Perhaps it was to hard for me to say because I didn't use it for so long. Now it seemed impossible to say it. Then I remembered what he just said and I was shocked. I've lived through four millennia and he was the first that didn't like to be a god. Mortals would die a hundred times just to be a minor god. This person got a position amongst the twelve Olympians and yet, he doesn't like it. Then suddenly I remembered the stupid promise I made and flashback came.

3 thousand years ago.....

"Apollo can you stop pestering for just one second in your life?" I groaned, walking through the forest.

"Sis I'm immortal, so I don't know the definition of "a second"' he replied, trailing behind me. "Anyway, back to the point, will you please come with me to the party? I mean it occurs every 200 years. Rare occasions should be taken seriously you know?"

"Shut up already!" I turned around and snapped at him. "All you want is to hook me up with a male. I know your old plot with Aphrodite Apollo. Don't expect me to fall for it"

"That's a bonus" he scratched the back of his head, darting his eyes around but directly at me. "Anyway Aphrodite and me have been planning on this party for months now. Don't you want the surprises I've prepared for you?"

"Yeah "surprises. I'm so excited"' I rolled my eyes.

"I mean it's been a millennium. At least you should consider about the opposite sex right? Mortal, immortal, primordial. Is there a single person that you actually have an eye on?"

"Blah blah blah" I rolled my eyes at the sky. "All you want is to tease me the moment I decide to break my oath."

Suddenly, the idiot ran up to me and turned me to face him sharply. The serious look on his face took me off guard for a second.

"I'm doing this for you sis" he said with a strange tone that I never heard before. "I don't want you to turn into a sassy old stormy lady that only knows kill and kill. Sometimes what you hate is what that brings you happiness sister. I don't have a father and a mother to share my love. All I have is you sis and if you're gonna be here and blabbing in about your stupid oath. Then I'm just gonna keep pestering you."

His words made my eyes sting a little. All I wanted at the moment was to hug the annoying brother of mine. Damn you Apollo, why sometimes you have to make things emotional.

I averted my gaze from his eyes and sighed.

"Fine. If you want me to be with someone, then I must make him special right?"

I walked around in circle, tapping my lips and think of an impossible male that would never exist in this word. Something that's not too perfect and the perfection and speciality of that person must be acquired, not simply make it to appear. That suitor can only be a mortal.

"Hah" an idea came to me. "I promise you I'll fall for the person that must be a mortal because immortals can simply achieve my requirements easily. He also must be strong and honest. He must be respectful, especially to women and finally, he must deny godhood if it's ever offered to him or at least does not labour the desire to become a god. If that person can have these standards, he'll be my suitor."

"Sis" Apollo closed his eyes and sighed. "Be respectful, strong and honest is easy. But asking a mortal to deny godhood? That's impossible! They would die just to be a citizen on Olympus. Taking about being a god."

"I don't care. If there isn't a person that can reach the potential. Then I'm not gonna accept anyone, no matter how perfect he can be."

Present

The flashback was like cold water splattered on my face. I was stunned, completely stunned. I turned to look at Perseus, whom was inspecting the walls and the escape route above us. Is this the line the Fates have been drawing for me. So my destiny is with this male. Oh Chaos, I thought you were kind and generous. Why did you set me up with the person I hate most right now. On top of it, my 'destined' suitor has to be a complete air head. You could have given a dude with a brain but no, I've to stuck with a dirt-filled head for a life.

Few hours passed which I assumed, there was still no way to get out from here. No teleportation, no light and no supply. We were already dead.

"Who the hell built this damn place anyway!?" Percy threw his sword away and sat on the ground.

The sword  bounced on the floor then flew past me and it cut my shoulder. I winced in pain at the deep cut and glared at the idiot. I wanted to yell at him, but consider the situation a moment ago. I just sat down, with one hand holding my wounded shoulder and kept my mount shut. Now maybe we are equal.

"Hephaestus of course." I said, trying to ignore the pain from the Celestial Bronze blade. "Who do you think is the master of it?"

He just ignored me and looked up to the light above. "Hey!" He screamed. "Is there anybody up there! Hey we are trapped down here! Help!"

"Stop screaming!" I told him. "Your throat gonna explode before someone arrive!"

He didn't say back to be, I instead he just gave me a glared and looked away. I glared back of course, also with a sneer before dozing to sleep with my injured shoulder.

It was nightfall I guess. I was having a really bad fever. I know gods would never have it. But since I was in this trap, most of my powers were stripped away. I'm like a mortal now and with the untreated wound, it was starting to have an effect me. Sweat was pouring down my forehead like I just had a shower, which I was dreaming of now. For awhile, everything around felt so cold that my lips shiver that I hugged my knees close. Then the temperature suddenly changed so hot that I wanted to rip my clothes off. And that all kept continuing for the night. Which I would say was very unpleasant and uncomfortable.

Then I heard someone moving closer to me. I turned to my side as Percy was walking across the room to my side. I sat up immediately and moved back until my back pressed the wall.

"H-hey" I stuttered. "What are you doing? Aren't your territory supposed to be over there?"

He didn't say, he didn't respond. He just walked closer until he was kneeling right in front of me. He put his hands on both sides of my hand and looked down.

Fear was driving down my body. His eyes kept lurking, tracing every part of mine. I just fold my arms across my chest, trying to hide every part of it.

"I-I swear to every being Jackson" I screamed. "You gonna pay if you do something stupid! Do you hear me!?"

He moved back, and for a moment, I thought everything was going to be alright. I just let out a small breath I was holding when Percy suddenly took of his shirt and tear it apart.

"What are you going to do!?" I screamed, trying to kick him away as he was unbelting the pants. "Hey get away from me you pervert! You gonna pay! Stay away!"

He leaned closer and I sank down in fear. I was too weak to fight him back. I had no strength left and then the wound on my shoulder. I closed my eyes for what was going to happen next when I felt someone was touch the wound.

I slowly opened my eyes to see Perseus was treating on my wounded shoulder with the cloth of his shirt.

"It was my fault wasn't it?" He asked with a gentle voice. "Why didn't you anything when the sword cut you?"

"I-uh-I thought..." I was to shock from what he was doing. How did he even find out it was part of his fault? Then he was brave enough to apologise, and I couldn't even do it.

After finishing, he leaned back and sat across from me. I checked my shoulder, which was wrapped neatly with his shirt.

"You learned this at school?" I asked.

"Yeah" he said. "Just once or twice when I got camp."

Now I looked at him with somewhat admiring and respectful. I mean he could've left me there to suffer as a payback. Yet he volunteered to ripped off the only fabric that kept him warm just to treat my wound. Now I felt so guilt of what I said early on. It was so awkward sitting I front of him now, let along with we just had an argument.

"H-how did you find out I was wounded."

Even in the darkness of this place, I could se him shrug. "I don't know. Instinct I guess?"

"Yeah right your little "instinct" got you cold now Mr" I said in sarcasm.

"Hey I should at lest get a thanks at most ya know" he tried to protect himself.

"I would but considering how stupid you are, I have to think about it. You know when we were falling, you shouldn't have used yourself as a shield because I'm immortal and the fall can't kill me right"

"Yes but you could've been hurt" he replied without a minute of thinking.

I was stunned. Like completely paralysed by those words. So he used his body to shield me from getting hurt despite the fact I was the one that got him into that situation. Are men like this exist? To be honest, maybe he just wanted to hit on me as if he showed off some of the bravery and I'd fall for him. Maybe it was lust he was seeking. Yet I could not trace any of it in his mind. His intention was pure. Beside, I was trying to be bitchy to let him hate me. So there was no way he did that just to let me like him. Maybe what he said was true. Maybe it was his instinct to protect people.

Suddenly, he leaned closer to my face and I thought he was about to do something again when I felt something swept across my forehead.

"Gosh you are sweating a lot." He said  while sweeping the sweat on my forehead with a part of his tattered shirt. "The cut must have gotten you bad. Sorry for that"

He was about to walk back to his original place when I called for him. "Hey!" And he turned back. "I'm...sorry too"

He didn't respond to me, but I'm  sure I could feel he was smiling in the dark.

"You can sit here you know!" I said. "It must be cold when staying there alone. Beside, it's brighter here."

The fact that I didn't want him to go. But more than that, I was scared. I couldn't believe I just said that, but being close to him. I just felt this kind of feeling. I felt safe and comfortable, and because of that, I also felt vulnerable and weak.

To my surprise he actually walked back and sat beside me. I moved a bit away from him.

"Your place is over this line" I declared. "Don't cross it or I'm gonna stick my dagger through your throat"

"With that condition of yours" he mocked. "I'm glad to hear that."

I huffed and looked away in frustration. Why does he always look at me like that? Like I was just a little princess or something, and I felt really frustrated when someone did that to me. Out of all people, it has to be Perseus Jackson. Great.

A few more hours passed and there was still no sign of help's arrival. Now the fever started too spread out again. I thought when the wound was treated, it would go away. But since I had lost a good amount of Ichor. My essence and energy went away with it. Now everything around me seemed to be so cold. I didn't know what to do. Hugging my knee, rolling around my spot and letting my lips and teeth clashing against each other.

Then suddenly, I stopped rolling. No, it was something on the way that made me to stop. I slowly turned my back to see someone was staring down at me.

"Ah!" I screamed, but I was to weak to make it loud.

Percy sat up, putting his palm on my forehead to check my temperature. His eyes showed all the concern. At that moment, I somehow felt some happiness inside, which I didn't know the answer to.

"This's bad" he grimaced. "You lost too much blood. The fever is getting worse."

"P-Perseus" I shivered. "I-I'm cold..."

Perseus was really freaked out now. He looked around, trying to find something, probably some herb. But around us was just moss.

In desperation, Percy laid down beside me and pulled me close to him. My head was at the crook of his neck. My hands were frozen on his naked and hard chest. My face was burning red and for a moment. I felt like something exploded inside me, like fireworks like butterflies were flying in my stomach.

"Does this feel better?" He whispered on top of my head.

I gave him a slight nod. It just really warm when staying close to him. Just so comfortable, more then the fur bed sheet, or the sofa. This position just somehow felt so comfortable. His arms around me and my hands on his chest. Though, my face was still like tomato despite the fact that a few minutes already past.

"Are we gonna get out of here?" I asked, looking down at his chest.

"Yeah" he reassured me. "We will"

I was so close. Every muscle, every trace of his skin. My curiosity  just came flooding out. I wanted to explore more, to feel and touch more. But I tried hard to hold back my self. Demeter must be jealous to death if she saw this.

"D-don't spread anything about this to anyone ok?" I stuttered, felt even more embarrassing when saying that.

Percy chuckled as he pulled me closer "just for tonight. I promise, I won't"

I just smiled at his words and slowly, cuddling with him to sleep.

A/N like the chapter. I'm really appreciated if you guys could smash the like button below and comment on this chapter. Any ideas please share with me and thank you for your kind supports.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

289K 6.6K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
650K 32.6K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, a powerful d...
478K 10.1K 37
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
979K 53.2K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...