Wrong Side of a Love Song (Mi...

By his-cleopatra

We all started off with pretty good lives. Loving families and friends to last a life time. We were.....happy... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 27

118 4 0
By his-cleopatra

(Jasmine's POV)

I woke up the next morning with a major IDGAF attitude. Like, I honestly am not in the mood today. I rolled over to check my phone, and saw that I had a text,

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

💙Chres💙: I know I'm probably the last person you want to hear from right now, but I'm sorry. I love you.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I'm really not in the mood to deal with his bullshit. And today I'm not going to school, I'm just going over to Larry and Eddie's mansion to finish the decorations for the dance on Friday, so I threw on some sweats, a tank top and a beanie with some old Yeezy's. After I finished getting ready, I ate and left for the house. When I got there, everyone noticed my attitude and questioned what was wrong.

"Chres pissed me off." I said as I unrolled some streamers.

"What'd he do?" Amilah asked.

"He had the nerve to tell me that I was making him wait too long for sex. Like what the fuck?"

"He just flat out said that?" Maia asked as she tied a balloon with her teeth."

"Well basically. He said he should've 'been seen' my body. then he was like 'I got bitches throwing pussy at me constantly' and some other shit so I kicked his cocky ass out the car, told him to get a ride from one of his bitches and went home."

"Damn...well I have heard that he used to be a player at orange park high." Breauna said.

"I'm kind of starting to wish I didn't say yes so quickly." I sighed.

"Then again, that boy went out of his way JUST to ask you out. That nigga had fireworks n shit..."

"You'll be surprised what boys will do for some pussy." I said.

"Do you know how he got home?" Alayah asked.

"No, and I really don't care."

"You know you care. You love him."

"Well yeah, I think I do. But I don't think I'm in love with him. It's too soon. We've only been dating for about 5 months. "

"I guess."

"Have y'all ever felt like someone was watching you?" Amilah spoke up.

".....yeah. Do you feel that way?" Maia said.

"Kind of......I don't know. Maybe it's just that movie I watched." She shrugged.

"What movie?"

"The conjuring. I'm getting creeped out just thinking about it." She shivered.

"Oh yeah I heard that movie was really creepy. Cute necklace by the way." Jessica complimented.

She looked down at her necklace and blushed, "Thanks. Craig gave it to me when I told him I was kind of scared."

"Aww"

"Yeah so y'all know we usually go around and talk about what's going on in life, so....what's up?" Bree asked.

"Still don't know if Prince is cheating or not, but he's been really sweet. He took me out for ice cream the other day." Maia said.

"That nigga sound guilty. Most guys try to make you think everything is ok when really, they're cheating." Alayah said.

"I guess."

"Well I haven't talked to Devin since Tuesday..." Jessica stated sadly.

"Are you serious? It's Monday! Are y'all fighting or some shit?" Alayah asked.

"No, he's just not talking to me."

"Well you need to talk to him and find out what's going on cause something's up." Amilah said.

"Yeah I guess so."

"So are you gonna talk to Roc?" Maia asked.

I contemplated for a little while before replying, "eventually."

(Chresanto's POV)

Today the homecoming committee had to decorate again, so I haven't seen Jazz all day. I'm kind of glad to be honest. This guilt is eating me alive, and Bahja clearly didn't get the "don't talk to me at school" memo. Well, she hasn't literally come up to me, but she keeps winking at me and shit. Like today in the hallway, I was talking to Prod and this bitch gon drop her stuff on the floor right in front of me. And when she bent down, her ass was literally right on my dick. Then she said a fake little "oops" and walked away. I think Prod knows something is up, and since he's my boy, I told him.

"Jasmine's gonna kill you bruh." He said shaking his head.

"I know man....I fucked up."

"You gotta tell her."

I looked at him like he was crazy. "Man hell naw. She wouldn't waste no time breaking up with me."

"Clearly you don't care about her, so why does it matter?"

"Don't even say that. I do care about her okay. I just....messed up. "

"Whatever man. All I know is, that if you don't tell her, somebody will." He said as he looked at Bahja.

"I guess. What up Prince?"I said as we dapped him up.

"Nothing much man. What y'all been up to?"

"Roc got himself in some shit."

"Man what you did now ?" Prince asked.

"I'll tell you later bruh. I gotta go."

"Aight man."

They dapped me up and I walked into the parking lot towards my car. As I pulled out onto the road, "Power Trip" came on and I thought of Jasmine. She loves this song. I took my phone out and began to dial her number, but I was interrupted by another call. I don't fuck with unknown numbers AT ALL. Call me mean, but everyone who calls me on an unknown number gets cussed the fuck out.

"Who the fuck is this and why are you calling me on private?" I spat into the phone.

The other person chuckled before replying, "That's no way to talk to your Uncle Chronic now is it, nephew?"

"Oh, uhm..sorry bout all that."

"It's all good. So I see you got TWO bitches huh? Your uncle taught you well."

"How do you know?" I asked surprisingly.

"I know where you are and what you're doing at all times, whether you know it or not."

"Man what you want? I know you want something. "

"You don't need to worry about it too much right now. But who's the bitch with the brown hair? You know, short, kinda thick? I'd fuck the shit outta her. And the one with the pink hair? She a fucking thot but she can suck my dick any time"

"Don't call her a bitch. And that's my girlfriend. "

"Aww man. Don't tell me she made you a pussy! Don't you remember what happened last time you got soft on me?"

I shuddered at the thought. "Y-yeah I remember."

"Well we don't want that to happen again. I have a job for you. "

"Um..ok. but did I actually kill people last time?"

"Yep. You're a certified killer."

"WHAT THE FUCK CHRONIC!"

"Listen here muthafucka. You might wanna watch your mouth. I have no problem teaching you some respect. Now pull over and listen to what I got to say."

How did he know I was driving? I pulled into a 7-11 and parked.

"What do you want?"

"We have suspicion that 2 students going to your school are related to our rival drug dealers. We want you to become friends with them, and invite them to the warehouse after school. We got some questions to ask them."

"Um...ok who is it?"

"We've never seen her, but their names are Maia Higa and Jasmine Lopez."

"Nah...never heard of them." I lied. I don't know what he'll do to them.

"Well we don't have pictures yet but i'll send them to you as soon as we get them"

"Alright."

"And don't get too attached to these girls. Try to protect them, and someone else will pay."

And with that, he hung up.

My uncle is after my girlfriend. I don't know what I'm gonna do.

Let me call her.

(Phone ringing)

J: yes?

C: damn a nigga can't get a hello?

J: what do you want Chres?

C: where are you?

J: I'm getting ready to leave the mansion. Why?

C: come to my house.

J: I really don't feel like talking to you right now.

C: that's fine. Just talk to me later. At my house.

She mumbled some stuff under breath before saying "alright" and hanging up. I got a lot of sucking up to do....

(??? POV)

I'm almost done. He WILL regret threatening me.

(Jessica's POV)

I haven't talked to Devin for almost a whole week. I love him, but I need to know what's going on and what we can do to fix it, cause right now we're not looking too good. So I texted him.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Meet me @ the coffee shop on Page street.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I sent the message and made my way to Sharon's. When I pulled in the parking lot, I saw his car, so he must've already been in the area. I walked inside to find him sitting in the corner on his phone. He looked up and saw me, and gave me one of those head nods he gives to his homeboys. Usually he'd smile and give me a hug. Something is seriously wrong.

"I'm glad you told me to meet you." He said giving me some type of indication that he missed me.

"Really?" I replied trying not to show my excitement.

"Yeah I need to talk to you bout some things.."

"Well what's up? That's actually why I called you here anyway. To talk."

"Yeah.....I don't think this is working out." He replied looking out the window.

I was somewhat shocked at what I was hearing.

"Well what's wrong? I know we haven't been talking that often, but that's something we can fix isn't it?" I asked, sadness seeping through my words.

"I just think we should see other people. You're a cool girl and all, but honestly, I don't want to do this anymore. You know, the 'it's not you, it's me.' type thing. We can still be friends though.

My heart shattered into a million pieces. My voice cracked as I spoke.

"Oh...um..y-yeah, that's c-cool..."

"So...we still good?" He asked finally looking at me.

"Oh of course.." I replied like he didn't just break my fucking heart.

"Great! Well I uh...I guess I'll see you around..."

"Yeah..."

He gave me a slight smile before leaving me alone at the table. It slowly started to rain outside like this was a movie. I wasted 9 months of my life with someone who just up and decides they don't want me anymore. Is it me? Is it another girl? Unanswered questions make a break up 10 times worse I swear. A waitress came up and asked me if I wanted anything, but I ignored her and walked out. AND homecoming is on Friday. Fuck my life.

(Jasmine's POV)

As I drove to his house, it started raining. Call me weird but I love stormy weather. It's my favorite. I pulled into his driveway and saw his black range rover, so I knew he was home. I walked through the garage, since it was raining, and went inside.

"Hey Prince." I waved as I walked to the elevator.

"Oh hey Jazz."

"Did you see Roc go upstairs?"

"Yeah. He was in the gym but now he's in his room"

"Okay thanks."

When I got up to his floor, I walked in and saw him wiping his sweaty, shirtless body with a towel. I'm still pissed off but damn.

"What did you call me here for?"

"I need to talk to you."

"About what? We don't need to talk about anything." I said with and attitude.

" Clearly we do if you're still upset with me." he said as he tossed his towel on the bed and walked toward me.

" I have every right to be upset. You're lucky I even came over here."

He opened his arms and gestured with his fingers for me to come with him. " Come here."

"No. Now what the fuck do you want? hurry up or i'm leaving." I said, pushing him away from me.

He wrapped his arms around me, smothering me into his sweaty chest.

"Get the fuck off of me Chres! I'm not playing with you!" I said pushing against his chest.

"Fine!" he said backing away and putting his hands up in surrender. "I just need you to listen to me."

" I can listen without being touched, thank you."

He sighed and looked at me. "Why are you so fucking difficult man?"

" And why are you such as asshole?"

" I said I was sorry!" he exclaimed.

" Yeah you did! THROUGH A FUCKING TEXT!"

"Well there was no use in calling you! You were just going to ignore my calls anyway!"

" I'M HERE! SAY WHAT YOU GOT TO SAY! damn." He was seriously pissing me off. if you're just gonna stall, why the fuck am i here?

"You have THE WORST fucking attitude I swear."

" I'm leaving." i picked up my keys and began walking towards the door, but he got in front of me.

" You're not going ANYWHERE until you hear what i have to say."

" Chres, you're pissing me off. YOU STILL AIN'T SAID SHIT YET!" I yelled in his face.

He stayed silent as his face grew red with anger. Right when I thought he was gonna calmly say what he needed to say, he grabbed my shoulders and held me against the wall by my throat.

"SOMEBODY IS AFTER YOU! IF YOU DON'T LISTEN TO WHAT THE FUCK I GOT TO SAY YOU COULD DIE! I swear you make me so mad sometimes! If you'd stop with the fucking attitude for TWO seconds, you'd realize what i'm telling you is important! And you know why i'm telling you? BECAUSE I CARE ABOUT YOU JASMINE. I LOVE YOU BUT YOU STILL DON'T FUCKING GET IT!" he said panting with anger as he removed his hands from my neck.

I've never seen him this mad before, and he put his hands on me...I remained silent as tears began to roll down my cheeks.

"I'm so sorry....I'm so so sorry baby please forgive me I swear I didn't mean it-"

"Just stop" I said barely above a whisper.

He began walking toward me with open arms "I-I can fix it! I can! just come her-"

"DON'T TOUCH ME! " I said before right before I broke down.

"I'm turning into him. I promised myself I wouldn't turn into him and now look at me.." He rambled to himself as he paced worriedly back and forth.

My hands began to shake as I replayed the monster he turned into a few minutes ago over and over in my head. His face was red, his veins were pulsating out of his neck, and his warm, chocolate eyes had turned black with anger. What happened to my boyfriend? Eventually, I got lightheaded and everything faded to darkness.

(Chresanto's POV)

What's wrong with me? Why can't I control my anger? I'm turning into my father. I can't turn into him. I just can't.

As I was thinking to myself, I could hear her soft sobbing behind me, then it just stopped and I heard a small bump. I turned around and and saw that's she had passed out from crying. I went over and picked her up and laid her softly onto my bed. I sat down next to her and stared at her. Her makeup had made black streaks down her caramel cheeks from her tears. That's my fault. And her neck....oh my god her neck. I ran my fingertips over the red hand prints on her neck, slowly turning purple and blue. That's my fault too. I took her tear stained clothes off and put her in one of my T-shirts. Then I slid her shoes off and pulled the comforter over her. As I studied her features, I realized, this is a new type of pain for me. I'm suppose to protect her, yet I'm the one hurting her the most. Once she finds out about Bahja and I, I don't know what I'll do. I can't lose her. I actually love her. And not the fake love that I claimed I've had before, this is real. And I've already ruined it. She's my angel, and look what I've done to her. Before I knew it, a single tear managed to escape my eye, and it rolled down my cheek. I began to feel frustrated with myself and punched a hole in the wall as more tears rolled down my face. I laid in the bed next to her and pulled her close to me. I nestled my face in her neck and sobbed quietly in her soft, vanilla scented, curly hair.

"I'm sorry baby. I'm so sorry."

The sound of the September rain and her soft breathing eventually lulled me to sleep.

::Dream Mode::

"Mama, where are you going?"

"Where are we going? I don't know baby. But I do know we need to get the hell up out of here and fast."

"Why you tryna go fast?"

"Chres, stop asking me questions. We got to go before your father gets ho-"

"RISSA! WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU!?" A masculine voice yelled with hate.

"Baby go hide in that closet for me and don't come out until he leaves ok? I'm serious Chres don-"

Her sentence was interrupted by the sound of stomping up the stairs. She pushed me in the closet and stood in front of it once he came in.

He looked over to the bed and saw our suitcases filled with clothes. "Oh you're tryna leave me Clarissa? Huh? Am I not good enough for you? ANSWER ME!" He yelled as he slammed her shoulders against the closet door. I flinched at the sound.

"N-No I was just-"

Her words were cut off by his hand going across her face.

"I'll give you a reason to leave right now since you wanna go so bad. Where's that bitch ass son of yours?"

"He's uh..he's at Meena's house.."

"Huh. Lucky him."

"Renzo please....I'm sorry, I'M SORRY!" Was the last thing she could get out before he punched her in her face, kicked her in her head and her stomach, and stomped on her,

over....

and over...

and over again.

Soon enough, her ear-piercing screams faded, and she stopped moving.

He kicked her one last time in her face and went downstairs.

"I'm tired of this bitch. I'm bout to end this once and for all.." He mumbled to himself as he fumbled through drawers and closets looking for his gun. He realized it wasn't inside the house and went in the backyard to go look in the shed. Just then, I remembered that there was a phone in the closet that my mom told me to use when she needed help. I picked up the phone and dialed 9-1-1.

The operator answered, "911 whats your emergency?"

"Daddy beat up my mommy and now she not moving!" I whispered.

"Okay, what's your name sweetie?"

"Cwesanto August."

"How old are you?"

"4 years old"

"Is your daddy still there?"

"No he went outside"

"Where are you?"

"Mommy pushed me in her closet even though dats not nice."

"Mommy was trying to protect you, now can you see if mommy's still breathing?"

"Otay."

I quietly snuck out the closet and went over to my mommy.

"She's- she's bleeding!" I began to cry.

"Shhhh honey I need you to big a big boy for mommy okay? Now is she still breathing?"

"Y-yes"

"Okay well the police and the ambulance are on the way to help you and your mommy."

I heard the back door open and shut.

"He's coming back!"

"Okay get back in the closet and be quiet. Don't hang up."

I did as I was told, and minutes later, he came back with a gun.

Tears began racing down my red cheeks as I prepared myself for the loss of my mother. Right as he was about to pull the trigger, a dog from the K-9 unit charged him. He tried to shoot the dog, but was immediately shot in the chest by the officers. They put him in handcuffs and sent him and my mother to the hospital. They almost left the scene until they realized that I was still in the house. A tall officer told me to come out.

"Chresanto? Are you in here buddy? I'm an officer. I'm here to help you and your mommy. Where are you?" He asked.

The operator must've heard him because she told me it was okay for me to hang up and come out the closet.

I reluctantly walked out of the closet and the officer immediately looked at me.

"Are you chresanto?" He asked as he crouched down to my level.

"Yes" I rubbed my eyes.

"We'll I'm officer O'connell. Do you like puppies?"

"Yes."

"You can pet Major if you'd like. He's a good puppy." He said as he called his dog over to us.

Later that night, both my parents were taken to the hospital. They found out my dad was an illegal citizen and sent him back to Belize. From then on, it was just my mom and I. And then my uncle came. But that's another story.

:::::::

Just then, I woke up, to the sound of booming thunder and the howling wind and rain. I was sweating profusely, and breathing hard. I sighed in relief that it was only a flashback dream. Then again, I was a sad that I'm back to reality.

(Jasmine's POV)

The next morning I woke up with a pounding headache, puffy eyes and a red nose. I also had a sore throat, but this time it was on the outside of my neck. That made me remember last night. I tried to sit up but Chres had his arms around me. I looked down at his hands around my waist and saw his bloody knuckles. Then I turned to look at his face and I saw tear streaks. He was crying? Chresanto? Now I really don't know what happened to my boyfriend. He looks like a peaceful angel in his sleep, but I keep seeing his angry side in my head, and it's gonna take me a while to shake that thought. He must've realized I was awake and let go of my waist. He sat up and looked at me with red puffy eyes and a red nose like mine. He gently grabbed my face and kissed my lips. This was the most meaningful kiss we've ever shared. I felt his hot tear roll onto my cheek the same time one rolled down mine.

"I'm so sorry baby. Please forgive me..." He whispered against my lips.

I pulled away and saw true sincerity in his brown eyes. But I also saw something else. Pain and fear.

".....why did you do that?"

"I don't know. I just got angry and I blacked out. By the time I realized what was happening, it was too late. I already hurt you." He said sorrowfully.

"What are you so scared of?" I asked him.

"What do you mean ?"

"There's a fear in your eyes....what are you scared of?"

He pondered for awhile before finally answering.

"I don't wanna be like my dad.."

"Why?"

He told me everything he remembered about his father. It makes sense, but it's not an excuse.

"I....I think we need a break. " I said.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm kind of scared of you now in a sense. Every time I look at you I see the monster you turned into last night. I need a break."

"......are we still going to homecoming together?"

"I'll....think about it." I said as I prepared to drive home.

"Oh ok....I love you.." He sullenly.

I couldn't even say it back...I can't. I just grabbed my stuff and walked out.

(Gabby's POV)

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Ray:

Meet me at the top of the building.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I haven't talked to him since it happened, so this should be interesting. I asked my teacher to be excused to go to the restroom, and made my way up there. When I got there I saw him looking over the balcony. I walked up and stoop next to him.

"Hey. You called?" I asked him.

He turned to me, took my hands, and looked into my eyes.

"Yeah I did. I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry. I probably did say Alayah's name and I'm probably still in love with her. I want you to know that I do care for you and I do have feelings for you. This relationship is going to be a work in progress if you're willing to forgive me and move on from this. And honestly, I'm asking you to do way more than any girlfriend should have to do. And if you aren't ready for the responsibilities that may entail, I understand. It's time I man up and stop pretending like there's not a possibility I could be a father. Me holding a grudge has caused me not to talk to my brothers in almost a month, and if I am going to be a father, I need to be cordial to their mother at least. If you choose to remain by my side and be my right hand, then I'm ready. If not, I completely understand. I just wanted you to know how much I care, and that I'm sorry." He said before kissing my hands softly.

"What you said hurt me, honestly. But I've learned that, if I really want a relationship, I'm going to have to forgive. And I choose to forgive you. I care about you too, and I really want to make this work. So I'm gonna put the past behind us and start fresh. I'm also going to apologize to Alayah and anyone else I offended as well. Let's just.....start over. Deal?" I asked as I stuck my hand out to shake.

He smiled that cute little half smile of his, and pressed his lips against mine.

"Deal."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not the best I know, but hopefully next chapter will be better. Next chapter I plan on doing the homecoming dance.

Will Jasmine find out about Chres and Bahja?

How is Jessica going to take this breakup?

Why does Amilah feel watched?

Will Chronic get to Jasmine and Maia?

Will Chresanto get caught for those murders?

Are Jasmine and Chresanto gonna be okay?

Is Ray Ray ready to be a father if its him?

What if its Ramsey?

Is gabby really going to become friends with the other girls? Or is it just an act?

We'll see!

5+ votes and comments for the next chapter!

-Jazzy<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 6.3K 55
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ข'๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐œ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐š๐ฌ ๐š ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฉ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž-๐›...
129K 6.3K 21
Where Lewis Hamilton goes to a cafe after a hard year and is intrigued when the owner doesn't recognise him. "Who's Hamilton?" Luca says from the ba...
617K 7.9K 42
You're rafe Cameron's girlfriend. He's controlling, manipulative, and insanely jealous over you. (13/01/24) #1-Rafecameron (12/03/24) #1-Outerbanks ...