Devoted // l.s

By larriessecrets

Louis moves to LA and meets a grieving Harry, due to his mother recently passing away. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 1.5
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 6

238 21 3
By larriessecrets

Louis' POV

I oddly can't stop thinking about the talk I had with Harry a few days ago. I just feel so bad for him. I can't imagine what he must feel. I also hate that lately I've been siding with him when Liam and Niall try to push him "through" it ... That's something you can never really get through 100%.

"Louis!" The door swung open revealing a frustrated Niall and Lydia.

"What's up Niall-"

"Have you seen Harry or Liam?" Niall interrupted me yet again.

"No but Liam should be coming soon. I'm pretty sure his class ended. And why Harry?"

"He's not talking to anyone. A few days ago he was alright but now he's just pushing me away again. What his deal!"

"Calm down Niall. He's uh probably busy or something? I haven't spoke to him." Niall's eyes pierced through me. He was always good at reading people.

"Liar. Where is he?"

"I really don't know..."

"Louis. You do know. Tell me!" Niall grabbed my shoulders and started squinting.

"Niall?" Liam laughed as he came in.

"H-Hi. You haven't talked to me in ages!" Niall ran up to Liam and pouted.

"I talked to you this morning. Why are you two holding Louis hostage." Liam chuckled giving Niall a raised brow.

"Technically ... I'm not. This is your guys' room so yeah." Niall looked at Liam who was eyeballing Lydia's neck. Niall then stared at her neck as well.

"What?" Lydia gave him a confused look.

Niall moved her hair and gasped. "Hickey! Liam I never ever thought!" He covered his mouth but began laughing.

"Shut up." Lydia turned red and smacked Niall's arm.

I started laughing but then Liam's phone buzzed.

"Hello?" he answered.

No response.

"Hello??" He repeated and someone spoke. "The police station? What did you do?"

After a few minutes, Liam ended the call. "Let's go guys. Harry's at the station." He sighed and took his keys out.

The police station? What in the world did Harry do?!

~~~~~~~

As we arrived, Niall ran in and walked up to the front desk. He told the officer he was here to get Harry. The lady left and came back with Harry in cuffs.

"Harry? What the fuck!" Niall yelled only inches away from Harry.

"I'm right here damn take it down a notch." Harry hissed. The officer uncuffed him and Harry stumbled a bit and rubbed his wrists.

"Are you fucking drunk dude?!" Niall grabbed his shoulder and look straight in his eyes.

"Fuck off Niall." He started walking out of the station and started going down the street. "This is what you wanted"

"No Harry. You said you'd stop a few days ago." Niall was walking right next to him. "You told me you would."

"Well if it makes the pain go away and it makes everyone leave then great. I'm better off alone."

"That's not what it does. It feels like it's going away but it only emphasizes it." I chimed in. Harry looked at me but looked back at Niall. I've always disliked alcohol. It's an easy scapegoat everyone goes to but they never realize it's actual impact. Especially on the people around them.

"It wasn't your fault. You know that. My dad went through-"

"Niall just shut up already."

"Harry just fucking listen! I'm trying my best to help you! We've been friends since middle school and you never acted like this."

"Oh! Well a lot has changed since middle school! My mum fucking died Niall ... died! You still don't seem to understand that. I'm hurting every fucking day. She was my mother you piece of shit. Don't get me started on my sister who doesn't talk to me anymore. Oh! And everyone around me treating me like I'm a fragile piece of shit! I'm fine!" Harry shoved Niall and started leaving.

"You sure damn act fragile. You snap every second. You switch moods! You act as if you were bipolar!"

"No shit I'm acting like this! I can't control it Niall. You and Liam both treat it as if I'm throwing a fit over something. I'm not. I'm hurting and you both don't seem to understand that. You think I want to act like this? I have no idea how to cope or even-" Right then and there, Harry grabbed Niall's collar and punched Niall in the jaw. Was Niall in the wrong? Yes. But did he deserve to be turned into a punching bag...? No ...

"Harry! What the hell!" I yelled and pulled him away.

Liam bent down to see if Niall was okay. Niall was on the floor and wiped a small spot of blood from the corner of his mouth.

"You two could learn a thing or two about being a friend from Louis. He barely met me and has already been there for me more than the two of you combined. I guess the amount of time you know a person really doesn't fucking matter!" Harry mumbled on last thing but I couldn't hear it. He ended up storming off, walking side to side

"Are you fine?" I asked Niall.

"Yeah." That hurt like a bitch though." He groaned holding his mouth. Niall signaled me to catch Harry. I don't want to be a punching bag. Oh I hope I'm not.

I started running to catch up to Harry. I think he noticed because he ended up running too. He ran around a corner and collapsed. Nice one.

"Harry." I puffed and took a deep breathe.

He rolled onto his back and sat up. "Why are you always chasing me? You barely know me!"

"That doesn't matter. I know you enough to care. Niall cares about you and so does Liam. Yes they're complete idiots when it comes to helping a person but they're just as lost as you are." Harry looked up at me. "You also need to stop blaming yourself. It was something out of your control."

"But you weren't there. The look on Gemma's face ... she blames me."

"Maybe she does but she's grieving like you are. There's no real way to grieve or cope. She's hurting but looking for someone to blame to make it easier. Kind of a bitch move though ..."

"That's my sister your talking about." Harry smirked and began to chuckle.

"Shut up. You know it's true. If you were in my place I bet you'd say the same." I looked down pouting. I somewhat meant what I said but I've come to realize that laughter is a good way of making someone feel better. That was just a risky joke.

"Touché." He laughed and stood up. "Wow."

"What?" I looked at him confused and tilted my head.

"You're pretty fucking short." He smirked, taunting me by comparing his height to mine with the 'airplane' hand measurement.

"I'm not that short!" I rolled my eyes and hit his arm.

"Whatever you say shorty."

"I'm not short! I'm 5'9."

"5'9 my ass!" He stepped up his pace to stand next to me.

"I am! You're probably 6'2!"

"I'm 6'0 so you must be 5'7 or 5'8. You're very smol and a bad liar." He laughed. The thickness of his accent blurs the 'a' sound to an 'O'.

"Did you just say smol?!" I haven't heard that before, my nan has a thicker accent, yet she can say small.

"Yeah? Cause you are smol." He smiled.

"You mean small?"

"That's what I'm saying! Smol!"

"Ok whatever giraffe." I laughed and pointed.

"I'm no giraffe! More of a ... hm ..."

"A lovely ostrich!"

"No. Ostriches can go suck it. I'll accept a giraffe." Harry raised his hand and saluted. What a goof. "You're a mouse. So tiny." He pat my head. "So beautiful." He smiled and chucked.

"What's beautiful?" I looked around very confused and lost. He's probably seeing something from the alcohol.

"Uh. I mean let's go back to campus yeah?" His face got red and we walked to campus, fighting over what animal I resembled.

A hedgehog is what we concluded. A little fucking hedgehog.

Vote/Fan/Share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

211 1 11
Niall was a troubled kid from Ireland. His mother couldn't stand him any longer so she sent him to a school in London. He got paired up with 4 buddie...
24.2K 609 1
Louis leaves for another business trip, and Harry can't help but feel lonely without him.
2.1K 120 18
Louis moves to London from Doncaster when he gets a new job as a music teacher, he doesn't expect to meet any new friends, until a bleach blonde Iris...
1.2K 32 23
the story of larry..... will their love be strong to last years later