Spiritual Ascend (Book 1 of t...

By _allyondra_

Leah Sparks thought her life was just normal. That is, until she finds out the reason why she was beginning t... More

1.) Spiritual Ascend
2.) Spiritual Ascend
3.) Spiritual Ascend
4.) Spiritual Ascend
5.) Spiritual Ascend
6.) Spiritual Ascend
7.) Spiritual Ascend
8.) Spiritual Ascend
9.) Spiritual Ascend
10.) Spiritual Ascend
11.) Spiritual Ascend
12.) Spiritual Ascend
13.) Spiritual Ascend
15.) Spiritual Ascend
16.) Spiritual Ascend
17.) Spiritual Ascend
18.) Spiritual Ascend
19.) Spiritual Ascend
20.) Spiritual Ascend
21.) Spiritual Ascend
22.) Spiritual Ascend

14.) Spiritual Ascend

285 14 9
By _allyondra_

ENJOY!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Fourteen:

It’s been three days since Heather came to us in the clearing and three days since we received our weapons. And ever since then, training has become a bit more stressing because we were preparing for the battles that were sure as hell to come.

It must suck for Heather, being there in the clearing for three whole days with nothing better to do. But then again, her powers must be entertaining her every now and then. Damn, she’s one lucky witch.

There were no classes today in preparation for the football game tomorrow and the homecoming dance on Friday. I can’t believe the school gave everyone a day off when it was supposedly for the players only. Principal Winston was really an awesome one. He gives lollipops to the kids who enter his office. Weird, right?

And apparently, JETS—see how cleverly I mashed the first letter of their names together?—got dates for the dance. And no one asked me so obviously I would be left at home, all alone.

The girls were getting their dresses today and they invited me to come with. I just refused. To tell you the truth, shopping was never one of my best interests and I had no need of a dress anyway.

My parents had gone out to work and Amy was in middle-school. So I was left all alone here at home. Mom and dad allowed me to go to the mall in the afternoon, in case I got bored at home. They even left some pocket money. Sweet! Too bad I wasn’t going anytime soon.

I lay on my bed at twelve, listening to 2NE1’s Lonely that was playing from my IPod. How ironic right? Very cool IPod, very cool. Note the sarcasm.

I decided try and learn this song on the guitar since I didn’t have anything else better to do. I thoroughly bored surfing the net and I was also very bored rereading all my novels here so why not learn a new song on the guitar? It’s the best option right now.

After an hour and a half, I was able to master the song until the bridge. The plucking part was so difficult! But the song was still awesome even though it’s in another language.

I was playing the chorus, singing softly, when I heard knocking on the door.

Ugh. Did that person really have to disturb my personal time with my guitar?

I gently laid my guitar on my bed and made my way downstairs. I opened the door to yell at the person who dared disturb my moment and stopped. I gulped down my shout and had to blink twice just so I wasn’t imagining things. I looked away from Nate’s beautiful greenish-blue eyes. It was embarrassing enough I had my bed-head on together with my pajamas but to let him see me, now that’s a different story. What was he doing here anyways?

My question was answered a second later. “Hey, Leah, do you wanna hang out?”

Why would someone like him want to be with someone like me? He doesn’t care about his reputation or something? Eh, oh well.

“Ah, sure,” I said slowly, still in shock. “Let me just go get ready.”

Fifteen minutes later, I was out of my shower and in my outfit: black skinny jeans, a black and white striped shirt, and my checkered sneakers of the same colors. I definitely looked like a zebra—that I’m sure off.

I bounded down the stairs to see Nate lounging on one of the couches. He looked up and gave me an appreciative look. “Like your outfit, Lee. With that, you could be a pedestrian lane.”

I rolled my eyes playfully. “Shut up, Nate,” I glanced at my watch for a moment before looking up again. “C’mon, we’d better go before mom and dad arrives.”

He quickly got up and together, we headed for the door. I sneaked a peek at him and took in what he was wearing. He wore a plaid button-down shirt and worn-out dark-wash jeans with his Sneakers. Nice.

His hair was tossed carefully to the side to give him that ‘natural’ look….wait. That is his natural haircut. Whoa…never knew that.

“See something you like?” His voice came ringing to my ears, shaking me out of my ogling session. He smirked when he caught me staring.

Damn! He caught me! Think of something fast, Leah, or he will definitely tease you because he got the wrong message. “Yeah, that vase right behind you. It’s oh so beautiful!”

He looked behind him and indeed saw my mom’s ceramic vase that was on top of the brown table. I gave soft sigh of relief. When he turned back to me, he had a slight frown on his face.

“Really? That vase? You live here, Lee, don’t you think that you see it every day?” He skeptically said.

“Yeah, but seeing it every day doesn’t mean I couldn’t appreciate it more and more, Nate.” And with that said, we both got out of the house, with me locking the door behind us, and got in the car…in silence.

As soon as we pulled out of the driveway, I asked. “So, where are we going?”

“To the movies. I hope you like Three Idiots.”

“What’s that?” I made a face.

“You'll see.”

[Two hours before Nate and Leah left for the movies]

(Tori’s POV)

“Tor, how does this look on me?” Elaine asked, holding up a baby blue dress that was a halter top, had a fitted, and a puffy skirt. Sequins lined up the hem, making it shine after every twirl.

“Hmm…” I trailed off, imagining how Elaine would look in that dress. “It’s okay, I guess.”

“I guess?” Elaine rolled her eyes at me and placed the dress back in its rack. She casually touched my letter charm on my bracelet and I heard her in my mind. ‘I’m gonna imitate Sandra and Bea.’ She started cat-walking down the aisle, flipping her golden blonde hair to one side and gave me a thousand-watt smile—which was what Sandra was well-known for.

Then she went all whiny slut like Bea. She made her voice go nasal condition-y like Trixie from Hannah Montana. “Girl, with that dress, I’d be hotter than the Sahara desert in summer.”

I cracked up laughing at her face as she imitated Bea’s trying-hard-to-look-sultry face. I was about to comment on that when I was rudely cut off by the bitches themselves.

Sandra cocked her hips to the side and scrutinized Elaine. Then she scoffed. “Keep talking, Rogers. We all know you aren’t going to make it anywhere since a nerd asked you out. How could you be so cheap?”

Bea laughed and high-fived her best friend, “And what’s worst was you actually said yes.”

“Yes, very pathetic if you might say,” Sandra agreed. Her cold blue eyes roamed over the Elaine and I.

That angered me. No one messes with me or my friends. “Um, excuse me?” I started as I got up from my seat. I shot daggers to both of them and made my voice cold like ice. “Did anyone ask you to join our conversation? No? Then get the hell away from here.

They were both taken aback for a moment, probably not expecting any of us stand up, but then it was replaced by a mask of coldness.

“You’d better watch your mouth, Fletcher. If I were you, you’d watch your back as well.” Bea said, looking down on me. Ugh, curse her for her height.

“But sadly, you aren’t me. Now piss off!”

Sandra just smirked. “Oh, how I pity you, Rogers. You got the worst dogs of the school as your friends.” She pulled Bea by the arm, leading her out of the store. “C’mon Bey, we’ve got better things to do.”

I just shook my head, a small frown forming on my face. What the hell was wrong with them? Why did they even bother butting in like that when it was just complete waste of their time? That was just so low of them. But then again, we’re talking about Sandra Lenner and Bea Santiago. Whatever they do is always a complete waste of their time.

I turned back to my friend who had stiffened at their words. “Don’t mind them, Elaine. They’re just being completely ridiculous.”

“Yeah, but they were totally dissing out you and Simon!” She clenched and unclenched her fists. Before I knew it, she gave them the finger and actually threw her shoe just as the bitches went out the door. Her sneaker rebounded off the wall, making a very loud sound and earning us a glare from the saleswoman. It slid all the way to Julie’s walking foot.

She picked the shoe up gingerly and looked towards me and a seething Elaine. “Uh, what’s going on?”

“Sandra and Bea, that’s what.” She tossed me the shoe and I handed it back to Elaine.

I noticed that ever since the whole school witnessed Simon Nichols asking Elaine to the homecoming dance, the cheerleaders and the jocks have been giving both of them a rough time. And I could tell—you know, ‘cause of the whole aura-reading thing—Elaine truly does care for this Simon dude and her worry has been going up lately with all the tension going around. But aside from that, he’s one very lucky boy.

“Thanks,” Elaine muttered as she bent over to put her foot back in the shoe. “I just can’t believe they could be so shallow. They freaking jump to conclusions without even finding more about it. Ugh! I. Hate. Them.”

Since we all knew each other better now, we knew that when Elaine would start speaking in one-word sentences, it either meant she was extremely tired or just really pissed. Right now it’s the latter.

Julie immediately went over to her and began chanting soothing words while she patted Elaine at the back. A few minutes later, Elaine was back to breathing normally.

“Still hate them, though,” She muttered as she went cat-walking out the door.

“No argument there.” Julie and I glanced at each other before following Elaine out the door.

***

[Three hours later]

We finally found our dresses and I can totally say they were awesome! They fit us well and stuff and they were all just great. There was nothing left to say.

We were now headed for the movies since we were meeting with the boys there—the same boys that we were going to dance with. The fact that Victor was going to be there made me slightly jumpy. I always felt like this whenever I haven’t seen Victor over a period of time.

As I thought about my brown-haired, brown-eyed best friend, I couldn’t help but feel a little bit mixed up. His brown eyes always made me dizzy by just staring at them—now imagine feeling that thing for five years…yep, that's me right now. Fourth grade was when I first started crushing on him.

The feeling got stronger later on. Leah was gone for a whole month because she, Amy, Jake, and their parents went for a vacation. Robert had won six round-trip tickets to the Bahamas in a lotto. He pulled his family along with him without any second thoughts.

And they had to leave precisely the week before I received the news that my father died in a cave. So guess who was there to comfort me? Yep, that’s right, it was Victor.

He stayed with me all through the night, holding me while I stained his shirt with my salty tears. He was there for me when I needed him and it made very happy. He did the same thing when Nate’s father died—with the addition of Leah—which wasn’t that long after. They stayed with me while I cried all the water in my body out. They never knew who I was crying for but they knew that another important person has left. They never pushed me to tell them who died and for that, I was grateful.

“Tori? Earth to daydreaming zombie named Tori?” Sophie waved her hands in front of my face, snapping me back to reality.

I haven’t even noticed she arrived. “Hey, Soph. Didn’t see you there.”

“Nah, that’s okay. You were zombie-walking up until now, just so you know.”

I laughed. “You found your dress?”

Sophie nodded. “I left it back there because I so don’t want to be bringing that annoying paper bag around.”

Sophie had shopped in another place with Julie but the latter was the one to finish first. She said she was gonna meet us in front of McDonald's when we were done choosing our dresses. And what do you know? We were in front of the fast food shop.

We walked the rest of the way in silence.

Five minutes later, we arrived near the theatres. We scanned the crowds, looking for the boys. Just as we were about to give up in straining our necks, we heard a voice shout to us.

“Yo, girls! Over here!” I saw this tall dude with glasses waving his hand in the air, trying to get our attention. Behind him were three other dudes, one of them being Victor. We found them. Finally!

Elaine smiled warmly then made a bee line for them, with the rest of us trailing behind her. As we got closer, I recognized the faces of the other dudes now. I gasped. They were Julie and Sophie’s dates? Sweet.

It was Michael Hollister and his stepbrother, Cody. Both were from the Football team and let me tell you were smoking hot.

The stepbrothers may have been very good looking but my eyes were only set for the boy in the brown jacket who stood a little way apart from the group. As soon, as our eyes locked, I smirked. Gosh, he was so cute. Swoon. He smiled back at me and started to move towards me as well.

We were only a few feet away from each other—and a few feet away from me giving him a jab in the ribs—when someone inconveniently decided cut me off.

“Victoria Isabelle Fletcher, is that really you?”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was so mean when I gave that Author's note instead of the actual story...I hope this makes up for everything...and I hope you love it :D

So in this chapter, I took a break from Leah and Nate's little life and wrote about Tori and Victor's. I hope I didn't make it too much, you know.

And I would absolutely love it if you could point out ALL my errors. Thanks!

Please VOTE!!! COMMENT!!! and maybe even FAN?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

415K 8.2K 56
A different girl moves into La Push and imprints. But the thing is, when she finds out her imprint, already loves someone else. It broke her, but she...
14.7K 127 27
Unlike most werewolves Ariel isn't looking forward to meeting her mate. To her, mating would mean giving up her most important possession: her freedo...
13.4K 182 31
“Making friends is hard, falling in love is harder but falling in love with two wrong persons is astonishing easy. Still I would have preferred my li...
92K 2.5K 47
Carmela had the perfect friends, the perfect school, the dream life. She was the girl everyone wanted to be and the girl every guy wanted to have. Un...