The Adventures of Will Irving...

By countcurt

Will Irving is a mid 20's private investigator and mechanical tinkerer who was gifted an automaton by his fat... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45

Chapter 42

251 31 0
By countcurt

Several days had passed since the giant automaton had been destroyed. During that time, Walter and Arthur's secret compound had been found by the police. However, the entire facility had been burned to the ground before it was found. No causalities were reported, and there were no traces of any records, documents, prototypes, or equipment. Sal, Lana, Diego, and the other staff members had all vanished. The self-destruction of the giant automaton had been utterly complete, leaving no salvageable parts from which to glean any information regarding its construction. Arthur had been thorough and efficient even to the end.

Will decided to have a barbeque at his house exactly one week after the big incident. In addition to having Hank, Jennifer, and Claire come over, he also invited Sam, Anne, and Alastair. The day of the barbeque finally came, and everyone had arrived except for Hank.

"Where's your uncle?" Will asked Jennifer.

"I don't know," Jennifer replied with a shrug. "He said he had to run an errand before coming over, so he told me to meet him here."

"That's strange," Will commented.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang, and Will trotted over to the front door and opened it. There stood Hank and Sue.

"Hank! Sue!" Will greeted.

"Hi, Will!" Sue greeted in return.

Hank allowed Sue to enter first, and then he followed. As he entered, Will gave him a little smile and then playfully nudged him with his elbow.

"Way to go!" Will whispered.

Hank just smiled and shook his head.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

371K 14K 20
Special Agent Lucy Reynolds is searching for her missing sister in Atlanta. She'll do whatever it takes to find her, even if that means compromising...
29 1 9
Willa stayed in her bed when a spaceship landed near her home and the interstellar invaders she calls Ironhides abducted children from her neighborho...
326 14 14
Robots have become a modern staple. The Big Three, three mega-robotics companies, have set up a monopolistic control of the worldwide robotics marke...
34.1K 716 51
THIS BOOK WILL NOT BE FINISHED IM SO SORRY. "It's just another kill like she's just another love, right?" -M.H✈︎ *** All she wanted a fresh start, n...