Home Sick Mistake

Από Hidden-Red

She was a normal girl in a small town. She'd never asked for it. She'd never wish it on anyone. It just was... Περισσότερα

Authors Note
Chapter 1 - Memories
Chapter 3 - A Date?
AN - sorry
Chapter 4 - Baby Doll
Chapter 5 - Another Brother
Chapter 6 - I'm not worth your tears
Chapter 7 - 209 Years Ago
Chapter 8 - Drawings for Reality
Chapter 9 - Anger, Telepathy, and Surges
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ
Chapter 10 - Reuniting of the Eulis'
Chapter 11 - My Way or the Highway
Chapter 12 - The Heart of the City
Chapter 13 - I Will Always Love You
Chapter 14 - Carless Decisions
Chapter 15 - Worry, Ponder, and Wonder
Chapter 16 - British Banter
Chapter 17 - The Other Grimmer
Chapter 18 - Need What You Want
Chapter 19 - Surge
On Hold

Chapter 2 - A Grimmer to Remember

15 2 1
Από Hidden-Red

AN: Short chapter, sorry.

Enjoy!!

"Damon!" Laney shouted buried deep in her room.

"What!" He answered her.

"Hurry up we can't be late to school. It's my first day!" She whined.

The two days Laney had from when she got back on Friday had gone by faster than she imagined. Now she was fishing through her closet for an outfit, so far she had socks. She pulled and searched and dug. She tossed and threw and chucked. Finally. She wore a dark grey skirt with a loose fitting, white boyfriend tee. Her feet covered in low top black converse. She brushed her wavy hair and let it fall over her right shoulder. She grabbed her maroon colored backpack and headed down stairs where Damon stood by the door.

"I've been waiting her for ten minutes, Laney." Damon stated with a droll expression.

She glared at him, scowled almost. She opened the door, and rushed out of it into the morning sun. It had just started to peak over the distant mountains, which had a light dusting of snow on top. The cold autumn wind blew in their faces as they walked down the leaf-scattered road. The school was only about a five or ten minute walk from their house depending on how many times they stopped.

"Wait up! Laney!" A voice called from behind both Laney and Damon.

Whipping around, Laney saw Zee running in her sky blue flats. Her dark blue skinny jeans reaching her ankles, and a blue and white striped shirt stuck to her torso. She had her white backpack slung over her left shoulder and her hair neatly combed.

"Hey." She panted out of breath leaning over and placing a hand on her knee. "Man, I'm out of shape."

"Morning to you too." Damon chuckled from behind Laney.

"Shut it, Sanders." Zee glared at him taking the lead.

Laughing, Laney followed closely behind as they walked closer to the school. Laney's heart nagged against her chest like a mad beast. She was more than excited, but ecstatic. She couldn't wait to see all the classrooms and her friends. Maybe even join back on the cheer team. As they walked across the school lawn, scattered with benches and tables, they weaved through groups of chattering students. Finally the large doors came into view. Students were piling in and spilling out.

"Welcome back." Ruxin said approaching the three who stood still in the constantly moving crowd.

"Thanks." Laney grinned at him before walking to the office with Zee trailing behind.

Her converse scuffed the tan colored tiles of the schools hallway, and her bag zippers jangled with every step she took. She held a bright smile on her face as she saw more and more familiar faces. Making her way to the carpeted, cozy feeling office she stopped and turned to Zee,

"What's your first class?" Laney asked cautiously.

"History...with Mr. Hunter." She smiled.

"Ok, well, I'm getting my schedule now, only hope I can be in with you."

With that, she spun on her heel and entered the office. A petit woman about 30 years old, sat behind the large desk. She wore giant circular glasses that enlarged her eyes so they looked bigger than the sun. Her lips were pursed and her frizzy brunette hair encased her face and stopped abruptly at her chin. Her eyes flicked up at the sight of Laney, and smiled at her,

"May I help you young lady?"

"Uh, yes, Laney Sanders, I need my schedule." Laney said slowly.

"Ah, yes. Second new kid coming here this morning." She said before rummaging through a drawer.

"Second?" Laney questioned.

"Yes, Bodhi Grimmer was his name," She glanced at my schedule. "Here you are, History down the hall to your right. Have fun!" She squeaked.

Laney nodded with a smile bigger than ever. She squealed on her way out with a hop and shoved her schedule to Zee.

"History?" Zee laughed.

"Yep." Laney said popping the p.

"Oh my god, Mr. Hunter is totally like, the hottest teacher here, Laney."

"Zee, he's a teacher." Laney discouraged her friend.

"A hot one." Zee mumbled silently.

The two hopped off to first period. Not that Zee wasn't right about the teacher, but once they entered the classroom, Laney already felt like she and Mr. Hunter weren't going to be the best of friends. He stared daggers her way as his icy blue eyes followed her to her seat. His lips formed a scowl and his eyebrows turned down in anger. Zee, the whole time, smiled profusely as she kept her intense gaze at the 'hot teacher'. With a huff, Laney pushed her bag to the side as she rook her seat next to Zee. Mr. Hunter's gaze still locked on Laney. Ignoring him, she turned to Zee to talk for the fifteen minutes before class.

"Oh look who's here." Laney smirked eyeing the boy that just walked in.

"Oh yeah." Laney deadpanned.

"He's coming this way, oh my gosh." She said as he sat...right next to Laney.

"Hey." He sighed while adjusting himself in the somewhat small seat.

"Uh...hi." Laney whispered avoiding his eyes.

"First day huh?" He asked looking at Laney, her light brown hair tied up in a messy bun, and her neck covered in a maroon scarf.

"Yeah." Laney said looking down at the desk, once again avoiding his gaze.

"Looks like we'll be sharing a few classes." He snickered with amusement.

Laney rolled her eyes and decided to face him. He has deep brown eyes that peered at her with something, something she couldn't describe. They made her feel like she was they only one there. His eyes only saw Laney. A petit, small, teenage girl who, in her opinion, wasn't anything special.

"Ok class," Mr. Hunter's voice tore the two from their stare down. "We have to new students this year. Would you like to introduce yourselves Mr. Grimmer and Ms....Sanders." He seemed to choke on her name.

Standing up, Bodhi opened his mouth to speak, "Uh, I'm Bodhi Grimmer." He gave a weak smile, which literally made the whole female population faint.

Whispers from the 'popular' girls rose up, but stopped as soon as Laney stood up. Bodhi fixated his gaze on her and smiled with a twinkle in his eyes. He knew, somehow Laney was much more than she portrayed.

"I'm Laney Sanders, and I'm uh, actually a returning student...I wasn't here last year." She said quietly feeling the burning stares of the girls around her.

"Alright then, shall we get started?" Mr. Hunter picked up a marker from his desk and wrote on the board:

Mr. Hunter – History

Semester 1

Welcome Back Students!

"Lets take out your History textbooks and turn to page 31. Please take your time to read and jot down some notes." He spoke with a frown.

Rustling erupted from the class. Zipping and unzipping of bags, paper being ripped and pulled, and whispers filled the floors. Laney pulled out a pen and paper as well as her book. Letting it slide on her desk, she turned to the page and started writing. Bodhi sat for a while, his eyes curious and searching. He looked and watched as Laney hunched over, her head bowed down to her book, and some loose strands of her wispy hair falling from behind her small ears. Bodhi took his gaze from her and slipped his black leather jacket off and placed it on his grey Vans backpack.

He picked up his pen and wrote, questions and thoughts swarming his head. Zee, on the other hand had her iPhone in hand texting Laney, though her friend sat less then a foot away.

She wrote in the textbox: I think Bodhi has something for you, Laney. Better keep Becca on a tight leash before she steals him ;)

*Plink*

Laney looked up with a shade of red creeping up her cheeks. She looked as Mr. Hunter's head shot up and his gaze instantly focusing on the red faced Laney Sanders. He scowled at her, throwing hate her way. Laney's eyes grew big as he spoke,

"Ms. Sanders? Is there a reason why your device is making sounds, disrupting my class?" At that all heads were turned toward Laney.

"No sir."

"Well, better quiet that thing before I confiscate it." He smiled, but one of utter disgust and anger.

Laney nodded and picked up her phone. The text had come from no other than Zee Eulis. Laney looked up to see Zee with an apologetic expression on her face. Laney narrowed her eyes and her lips making a frown as she read the text. She looked up at Zee again, shock written on her face. She shook her head and turned to her left where Bodhi sat. He wrote on his paper quietly. His pen strokes long, but his writing messy.

Laney pushed the thought of Bodhi out and let school thoughts swarm her brain. History, being her least favorite subject, made it harder for her to take long detailed notes. The fact that the teacher couldn't stop glaring at her didn't help the want to go to class.

"Alright, lets go over the notes." Mr. Hunter started talking and Laney blocked him out.

She directed her gaze at the board, but let other thoughts wonder off into a land of dreams. Letting all thoughts of school, Bodhi, Zee, and Damon flow out in a stream. She set them aside and thought of her past. Luke, her parents, and California. The summer fun, the friends, and the beach. Then, that day. The day she left him. The day Laney saw the hurt, and sorrow in Lukes face when she turned her back and left. When he called and covered his sadness and anger.

"Laney...psst." A voice called.

Laney brought herself back to reality and let her vision adjust. She saw the class pilling out of the single wood door. "Hmm?"

"Um, class is over." Zee said in a 'duh' tone.

"Oh right." Laney said with a sigh.

She slung her backpack over her shoulder and headed to her next class. She new today would be a very...very long day.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

Wolves Den Από Koda122

Ρομαντική

97 19 21
Remi has always loved the forest, the different sounds, smells, the way she could get lost in it and never have to go home to her non-existent parent...
470K 23.3K 65
"Do you remember calling me 'mate?'" he asked softly, pushing her wild curls away from her face. She blushed deeply, but he wouldn't let her look awa...
4.4K 203 25
[ Note : this was my first story ever, it's really bad (you seriously don't know how bad it is, there is no grammar) and I'm still trying to edit/ r...
World Of Colors Από Soumya

Φαντασίας

440 5 11
In a world full of colors., Elleen is bullied by her own people. They always made fun of her just because she was little different from them . But no...