Obsessed

By aurora_rain

Kristen is an average senior student. She has a group of girl-friends, a crush and a mostly-functional family... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56

Chapter 38

5.5K 176 26
By aurora_rain

The next morning we clean up, get ready and head out for breakfast at the buffet downstairs. This hotel must have cost a fortune.

We sit down and eat the lovely food. Croissants, Danishes, French toast, bacon, eggs. They have everything. And, in turn, I eat everything. We all do. Especially Toby and Dylan. I mean, I knew Dylan ate a lot. Toby doesn't eat a lot, he just eats unhealthily. His plate is full of sweet pastries and sugar.

Dylan freaks out when he hears about what happened last night. "So you're saying that psycho who hates you took photos of us sleeping?!"

"That's what it looked like." Sierra says.

"That's some freaky shiz. Can't we call the cops or something?"

"We could."

"Then why don't you? She took your little game too far." Dylan moans. "Especially since now I'm involved."

"He's right. You should tell the authorities." Josh says.

"I can't! She's got too much on me. If she knows about Vanessa then we are definitely screwed." Sierra complains.

"That's probably why she showed up at the party then, so that you knew she has something." Josh explains.

"What exactly happened with you and Vanessa?" Bridgette pipes in.

"It's none of your business. But to sum it up, it can get me in a ton of trouble. And to be honest, I don't think putting her in prison is worth having a cell next to her." Sierra grumbles.

"What did you do?" Harmony exclaims. "I mean, if you're a criminal, can't we be called accomplices or something?"

"What I did can't hurt you guys." Sierra assures us. "Loreen can't act like she knows the truth. The only people who know are me and Vanessa. Plus, all she has is pictures of you sleeping. If she spreads them around, it's only herself she'll get in trouble."

"Other than be a real creep, there isn't much she can do. Is there?"

***

We're on the road again at around midday. Jitters for the formal hits everyone around then. Even Harmony seems nervous. I call Kyle but he doesn't pick up. Toby asks me what's wrong. I try answering normally. For some reason, I can't seem to forget his expression in the photo booth. It really looked like he was going to kiss me. Like he wanted to. Maybe I'm just overreacting.

That is until I look over and see him staring at me weirdly. "What's up?" I say, snapping him out of his daze.

"Nothing. I was just wondering about Kyle."

"Yeah?"

"You're still pretty shocked about everything." He says this like a statement, like he can read me as if I'm an open book.

"I don't know."

"So you're saying the fact his father's abusive, he's having a half-sibling and still doesn't tell you everything isn't even slightly surprising you." He raises an eyebrow.

"Well when you put it like that... What do you mean he doesn't tell me everything?"

"Things would be different if he did. At least that's what he says."

"You don't make any sense." I sigh and bring my hand to my forehead.

"Neither do you." He mumbles under his breath. I must have heard him wrong. My stomach knots. I cringe at the idea of anything bad happening to Kyle. "Don't worry about him. He's doing alright." Toby says and pats my arm. "Are you ready for your prom?"

***

I spend the day getting ready. All of us girls split up this time. Usually I like to get ready with them, but we decided it's better not to this time. My nails are painted, hair and makeup done – thanks to Mum's friend Mara, and now all I have to do is slide on the dress.

I take off Kyle's necklace for the first time and put on my smallish pearl necklace and a matching bracelet. Mara did my hair in perfect curls and she put on soft makeup. Everything fits perfectly. I zip up the back of the dress and look in the mirror.

It's beautiful. The violet colour of the dress in this lighting is so pretty. I almost trip when I walk so I put on my heels. It's floor length, strapless and just overall perfect. There were other dresses at Molly's store that I liked just as much, they looked awful on me though. My size and fit is kind of awkward for most dresses.

The doorbell rings. I almost fall down the stairs. Mum and Gran are downstairs and they open the door for Kyle. He looks stunning in his suit. All black and a white button shirt thing underneath. He isn't wearing a tie, which reminds me to go up and grab him his. His follows up the stairs behind me.

"Hold up."

"I got it." I hand him the tie. But he grabs my arms and pulls me into him. The embrace is tight, but not in a suffocating way.

"You look beautiful." Not butterflies, more like a stampede is released in my stomach.

"So do you."

"No, I look sexy." We both laugh softly. He cups my face in his hands and plants a kiss on my lips. "Time to go."

"Wait, your tie."

"I don't know how to put it on."

"Come here." I tie it around him, making sure to go very slowly so that I can stay near him for as long as possible.

"C'mon Kristen."

"Why are you in such a rush."

"Because I left the engine on and we're going to run out of fuel."

"You're so smart." I tease.

He holds my hand and we walk down the stairs. Mums sitting on the couch and Gran is hugging her. Mum's face is wet and her cheeks look shiny. "You're so beautiful." She says and lets out a sob. "Y-your father would have been so p-proud." More sobs.

I rush over to her and wrap my arms around her middle. She looks up at me and tries to smile. Gran pats mums hair and then gestures for Kyle and I to take a photo quickly before we leave. "Go on." Gran says, taking out her iPhone, that Lewis bought her over the holidays, and fixing Kyle's tie. I thought I tied it well but obviously not.

She takes a couple of pictures then hugs me good bye after threatening Kyle that if he doesn't get me back home safely, she'll kill him. She adds in a quick wink. But at the same time, I don't think she's joking...

Mum hugs me on the way out and again tells me how proud dad would be. I try my hardest to hold back the tears. I don't want to ruin the makeup and I don't want to set tonight off in a sad mood. I'd prefer to remember dad for what he did get to do with me, like all the birthdays, all the family game nights, all the math problems. Instead of remembering that he wasn't here for my formal, my drivers licence, my wedding, the birth of my kids...

Kyle nudges me gently and snaps me out of my memories. Thankfully, too, because I might have just started bawling right here right now.

Outside is a 1973 White Rolls-Royce Convertible. I'm shocked. I only know this car because Lewis had wanted to use the same, but black, for his formal. He ended up with a limo. My jaw drops. "How did you get a hold of one of these?"

"I rented it out for the night."

"That must of cost-"

"Nothing you aren't worth." I jump up and kiss his cheek then dash into the car. Hopefully the wind won't ruin my hair.

We start driving to school. I know, it's not that exciting. But hopefully the after party will be. Our school sometimes rents out halls to hold the formal, but they decided this year that the main multi-purpose hall, same for assemblies, would be fine to fit about five-hundred or something students.

The hall is set up averagely. There are tons of gold and black balloons and a drink stand and to the side there are some tables arranged nicely with white tablecloths and black cutlery. Which is pretty cool actually. I like the theme this year. I think Bridgette was part of the committee but I wasn't really talking to her when all that was being organized thanks to the Chase mishap.

Someone hugs me from behind. Bridgette. I know her hugs. It makes me sad. Tonight is my last night with her, until she leaves for France with her father. She'll have a great time. I wish I could go with her.

I turn around and see her wearing the most beautiful mint green chiffon dress that comes just above her knees. It suits her perfectly. Her hair is in adorable curls that finish a bit below her chin and her eyeshadow is just a lighter shade of the dress. She looks amazing. She hugs me tightly. Tears again are threatening to spill. Her cheeks go red and she bites her lip, obviously feeling the same thing.

Kyle looks between the two of us. "Am I missing something?" Dylan shows up behind us with two cups of punch.

"Bridge are you ok honey?" He puts his arm around her and almost spills the drink on her dress, so I take it from him and hand it to Bridgette.

"I'm just upset about leaving."

"I am too." For a moment, Dylan looks like he could cry. He stars at the floor. But within a few seconds, he lifts his head and drags her away. Saying something like, 'let's have fun while we still can.' And winking accordingly. He must be devastated, but trying to hold up just for her.

Sierra and Josh are the next people we see, on our way to the table our group is assigned to. Sierra's dress is just as beautiful as Bridgette's. It's got a black beaded sorta breast area and then the rest is a flowy baby pink that reaches the floor. She looks elegant, classy and still sassy all at the same time. Josh can't take his eyes of her. I think those two will always be my favourite couple. It's like she's holding balloons and flying so high. She lifts him up, but he keeps her level. They balance each other. It just works.

The night starts firing up and everyone is dancing. I haven't gotten the chance to catch up with Harmony yet. I have no idea where she's gone to. But I have a feeling she's with Don. The teachers make few announcements, and before we know it, the night is over. But the after party is only just beginning.

We all were invited to Jade Maddison's after party. I think she's in my math class and Sierra's Chemistry or Biology class. Oh well, either way, we were invited.

It's at Jade's house, which is massive. Her parents are overseas or something. There's a pool and a couple of kids are jumping in – they took off their tuxes and dresses though. I grab Kyle's arm and tell him right now that we are NOT swimming tonight. He just laughs lightly.

I see Jade on the other side of the room and she gestures for me to come over. "Just a second." I tell Kyle and then head over to her.

I thank her for inviting us and compliment her house. She seems like she's been drinking, but only a bit. I like Jade, she's always been a good kid. Behind her, I notice Loreen and Bethany. Fortunately, they haven't noticed me and seem to be eyeing Sierra and Josh who are sitting happily on the couch and nattering on the other side of the room.

I say bye to Jade and head over to Sierra to give her a thumbs up. Sierra seems annoyed that Loreen was even invited. "I can't believe that tramp." She exclaims.

"Don't worry about her. In a weeks' time, she'll be out of your hair for good." Josh calms her.

"Your right. There's nothing she can do. Nothing." Sierra pats down her dress then pulls Joshes arm and takes him to another room. Awkwardly, I head back to Kyle.

He's talking to a tall brunette with a stunning royal blue floor length dress. I know it's Harmony, even before she turns around, exposing her heart line strapless top – which is absolutely beautiful. She smiles and hugs me quickly, before saying that she needs to run off and will see me later. "See you later!" I call as she rushes off to do something in the other room. I trip on my dress and fall into Kyle. Which normally would be embarrassing but it's just another excuse to hug him. So I do.

Then I lean forward and kiss him softly. But he pulls away unexpectedly. He looks away. "What's wrong?" I say. He shakes his head and walks off. The music is too loud so I don't bother shouting over it.

He walks through the crowd and goes outside. I follow him and gradually, as we get further from the centre of the party, the music gets quieter. Now it just sounds like background music, as if we were in a horrible reality TV series.

"Kyle, where are you going?" He keeps walking through the heavily crowded cars. "Kyle!" I call. He turns around and grits his teeth.

"Is there anything you want to tell me Kristen?"

________________________________________________________________________

Ooooooh I hate what happens next.

Anways, I'd like to give credit to @xXHiddenTreeXx for Harmony, Sierra and Bridgette's dresses.

And @Aylah_Grace for Kristens dress.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

354K 13.8K 40
The rich kid with a perfect life is challenged to make the bad boy with a bad temper fall in love with him - and things get messy when he finds himse...
1.4M 52.3K 112
I anticipated every breath, and every word. Each day, you could only take an uneducated guess at what he would say. What he would do. My heart tremor...
800K 46.5K 32
When her ex-friend-turned-boyfriend reappears in her life, Anna must put her hurt and resentment aside to help him survive his withdrawal before he r...
635 165 31
Katie Bloom has a great life. Amazing, caring friends, a warm loving family and she is just starting to realise her interest in one of the boys in he...