Welcome to Zootopia! (One Sho...

By talle2014

Zootopia A heaven like city that big dreamers go. Like Judy Hopps! It's also a place where... Well, has the m... More

(1) Another Day another Way
(2) Meeting More Than One Bunny
(3) Knock It Down
(4) Claw-strophobic
(5) Carrot
(6) Au Naturel
(8) Purple
(9) Midnight Meal
(10) Partners
(11) Nick-Namer
(12) Teeny Weeny
(13) It's Called a Hustle Sweetheart
(14) Key Trustee
(15) Savage for Nothing
(16) Restored
(17) Just Like Me
(18) Inner Primitivity
(19) Bonnie, Stu and a Fox
A/N

(7) The "it"

1.1K 29 4
By talle2014

3rd person P.O.V

It was still there.

A permanent memory of what Judy had been warned about. The thing that got her so worked up about her best friend Nick.

Deep down, very deep down in her heart, she still had a nagging for the fear of him.

It was when ever Nick became frustrated, mad or angry that got Judy worked up.

Even if they were friends and society has dubbed them "harmless" Nick was still a fox.

Her natural enemy.

Her predator.

Specifically hers.

And she just didn't have the heart to tell him.

She had been very scared this morning. Like usual, they were driving to work. The streets were always busy at this time so traffic had been an issue that was in the process of being corrected.

Nick slammed his head against the wheel in impatience, causing Judy to jump.

Of course this was a normal thing for Nick to do but the current worries in her head and "it" being a permanent reminder made the situation worse.

Eventually it was to much. "I swear!" He had yelled, "if people don't stop trying to drive around other cars on the stupid footpath I shall -" Judy had popped the lock on her door before he could finish his sentence.

"If you don't mind... I'm gonna walk to the ZPD..." She said quickly. "See you there!" She had climbed out of the car and hopped off before Nick could call her back.

He was confused. What had triggered Judy to run off like that?

Usually in the mornings she was patient to wait out the traffic. What made today any different?

Nick tried to spot out a variable that may have changed. Was it his shouting? He always shouted. The traffic? That was always there to... Had she not had enough sleep? No, Judy always sent a good night text to let him know not to call her at midnight, she had sent him one last night.

He was confused and slightly happy to finally notice the traffic moving once more.

Perhaps she just needed the exercise?

Judy meanwhile had just arrived at the station, running up to one of her good friends Clawhauser.

Surprised by her outburst into the room, he looked down at her and offered a donut. "No thanks..." She panted.

"Where's Nick?" He asked her. Judy stiffened at the name of her partner. Clawhauser could tell something was up. "Is he coming in today?" He asked.

The convenient sound of Nick's car being parked alerted Judy. "No he's parking his car right now! Look, tell him I've gone home sick and uh... Give him a lot of work today to keep him busy!" She trembled as she dashed behind the counter and hid behind Clawhauser.

"Judy?" Clawhauser looked at her in confusion, only to see her press her paw over her mouth in attempt to tell him to be quiet.

"Ah! If it isn't my favourite cheetah!" Nick's voice was heard. Clawhauser could feel Judy shake under him.

"Um yeah! Want one?" The cheetah offered a donut.

"Nah, is Judy here yet? She got out of the car on the way to work this morning and decided to ditch me in the traffic... I hope she's okay..." Nick was clearly concerned for her.

But Judy was far to terrified to admit she was hiding underneath the mammal he was talking to.

Why had she suddenly become so scared? "It" never really bothered her until now, had she just suddenly become aware of what she was dealing with?

"Oh Judy is uh at home sick, she came in here not to long ago actually... But um she told me to tell you not to worry." Clawhauser exclaimed.

"I see..." Nick said. "Anywho, I better get to roll call, I'll tell the Beef Cheif." Nick said, his footsteps getting quieter and quieter. Clawhauser stifled a giggle at the nickname his chief was given.

Once Judy could barely hear Nick's footsteps, she crawled out of her hiding spot. "Thank you, I owe you one." She said, dusting herself off.

Clawhauser wasn't interested in that however, he was concerned for his friend. "Judy," he said seriously, causing the bunny to look at him, "what's up? Why are you hiding from Nick? You seem so... I'm sorry to say but scared."

Judy looked at the cheetah in disbelief. Her ears dropped as Clawhauser gasped. "ARE you scared?"

"I ... I don't know..." Judy shook her head.

"What made you change your point of view?" Clawhauser asked, astonished that she would behave this way.

"I... I think it's just when ever Nick gets frustrated or mad or angry... Which is strange because I used to never care..." Just began.

"So... What made you see otherwise?" Clawhauser asked.

"I think... I just became so open to the fact that I was working with a natural enemy... And his negative emotions just remind me of... Stuff..." Judy muttered.

"Well Nick is your friend, surely you can tell him how you feel? I'm sure he wouldn't do anything to you! You guys are so close that it breaks me almost as much as it breaks me to not be able to go to Gazelle's concert!" Clawhauser stated.

"Yeah but the more I try... The more "it" reminds me..." Judy sighed.

"It?" Clawhauser asked confused. Judy looked at him before rubbing her cheek, she brushed her fur aside to reveal three gash like scars.

"This is "it"..."

There was silence as her friend stared at the scars. He had never seen anything so savage like before.

He never knew that under that layer of cuddly fur was three scars that must have ruined her life.

"I was a kid defending my friends from this bully... Who happened to be a fox." Judy explained.

"His name was Gideon... He is really nice now but before that he was horrible... He gave me these marks and I dunno... He was a fox... And... I just... Have a fear..." Judy sighed sadly.

"Well... Um Judy... I'm surprised you still chose to be partners with him..." Clawhauser exclaimed.

"I thought that foxes had changed which is still true but when ever the emotions start to tip.. It brings me back to that time I was a little bunny..."

Clawhauser pet her head before typing on the computer beside him.

"I signed you in... I think the more you hang around Nick the more you will realise that that was a past Judy, you were all kids and didn't know better... I think you should tell Nick how you feel so he is aware of your strange behaviour today, he was really worried by the sounds of things." Clawhauser said.

Judy looked up at him with doubt. "Are you sure it's a good idea?" She asked. The cheetah nodded his head.

"Like Gazelle said, "try everything." Judy smirked and rolled her eyes before agreeing.

She hesitantly walked towards their office and knocked on the door.

Nick opened it quickly and hugged Judy the moment he saw her. "There you are Carrots! Why did you run off like that?" He asked as she entered the room.

He shut the door with his paw and sat in front of her in an office chair.

"I wanted to get fresh air cause I was feeling sick-" Judy stopped abruptly.

She knew where lies would get her. There was no point.

"Well I assume you feel better?" Nick smiled. Judy sighed and shook her head.

"No... No I don't Nick. Honestly I wasn't sick." Nick looked at her in surprise. "I just had a lot on my mind."

"What was on your mind? You can tell me Carrots." Nick urged her. Judy folded her arms.

"Doesn't matter." She muttered before pulling some of the paper work Nick had started towards her. Nick placed a paw over the paper.

"Yes, yes it does Carrots, I'm worried about you." Nick said gently.

"I know and that's nice of you but I don't feel like sharing anything... With you." She answered.

"But you will share stuff with Clawhauser right?" Nick muttered darkly. Judy's eyes widened in surprise.

"What?!" She exclaimed.

"You obviously told Clawhauser the truth huh because he wouldn't be dumb enough to think you'd call in sick... " the fury was building up in Nick's eyes by now. Judy could see the mean glare.

"That's not the case Nick." Judy exclaimed.

"Really then?! Well why not ignore my worries huh? Because ever since this morning when you left I was worried I did something!" Nick had already crossed the line.

Judy could just see her past coming back. "YOU DID DO SOMETHING!" She shouted back, causing Nick to jump in surprise.

"I-I did?" He asked weakly.

"Yeah you did." Judy spat. "You... You made me- made me all... Like this!" She glared.

"What?! I-how?!" Nick exclaimed. By now, Judy had began to shrink into a ball on her seat.

"I've just had enough... It's just gotten to me." Judy said. Nick frowned in confusion.

"WHAT DID I DO?!" He yelled.

"That!" Judy squeaked. Nick blinked at her stupidly.

"That? I don't-"

"You yelled... You get angry, mad and frustrated so much... It freaks me out." She whispered, tears fresh in her eyes.

"Why? Wait... Hold up." Nick said. "You think I'm gonna HURT you?! Is that it?! Oh god Judy you never changed..." Nick spat.

"You have no idea... What... I've been through." Judy retorted.

"We have been partners for a year now!" Nick shot her a dirty look. Judy glared menacingly.

She brushed aside the fur on her cheeks once more to reveal the scars again. "This is what's been getting me worked up." She fumed.

Nicks pupils dilated as his ears lay flat. "J-Judy?" He asked shocked to see the marks.

They were definitely claw marks. An animal had done this. "Who... What animal- wait..." He muttered in realisation. "A fox did that to you?!" He gasped. He looked at his own paws. A person from the same species did that to Judy.

The fact that she still held his paw or let him pet her on the head or tickle her, it astounded him. Someone before with very much the same claws had hurt her yet she was still willing to try and let that go.

Judy hid the scar as she nodded, tears fell from her eyes as she tries to wipe them away.

Nick understood why she was upset. It all made sense. He stepped towards her crying figure but felt a pang of hurt in his heart when she shuffled back.

"Judy..." He whispered, "I'm... I-I'm so sorry..." He said. Judy wiped her eyes as her nose twitched with a sniffle.

"I know... I-it's just.... I-" Nick ran and scooped her up in a hug as she collapsed into tears.

"Carrots? It's okay... I'm not mad- I'd never do such a thing to you, do you understand?" Nick asked, looking into her eyes.

Judy blinked several times before nodding. "I'm sorry- I'm stupid to think you'd do anything... That was all in the past anyways..." She mumbled.

Nick pet her head as they separated the hug. "I'll try not to get so angry okay? I'll try." Nick muttered. Judy nodded into his chest.

"How about we do something to freshen up? Hmm?" Nick asked her.

Judy looked into his green eyes. Would he really hurt her? Judy felt as if a giant weight had been lifted off her shoulders.

Of course not. He was Nick Wilde. Natural enemy, predator, fox and complete opposite of herself.

But he was also Nick Wilde, police officer, work partner, best friend and consultant.

Judy wasn't scared of him, she could finally smile and say that yes, she was best friends with a natural enemy but she wasn't scared.

"It"- that scar that she had was a reminder of what had happened years ago but that scar was no longer visible unless you really tried to look for it.

And - just like the scar- that fear of savageness was no longer seen around these days unless you really tried to look for it.

Judy grasped Nick's paw before rushing out the office with him. "That sounds like a wonderful idea." She smirked as they raced past Clawhauser.

"Hey guys!" He called cheerfully. The two friends waved a quick hello as the exited the station.

"Told ya Judy!" Clawhauser called, "you just gotta-"

"Try everything!" Judy called, dragging poor Nick with her.

Clawhauser laughed and shook his head. It was nice to see the police station back in order, especially his friends.

It was also nice to know that Judy and Nick had resolved the Issue on their own with "it".

And "It" may still have been there as a reminder.

But it was no longer a problem.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.7K 1.9K 94
Zootopia seems to always change, even the districts. Everything is dynamic. But what if... Dynamic is only standing still? What if there's some sor...
25.4K 882 12
Follow the lives of Officers Nick Wilde and Judy Hopps. A large compilation of my zootopia drabbles. Some are individual stories, others are in parts.
28.8K 1K 14
in a world where our two favourite anthropomorphic animals never met, crime rates in the thriving metropolis of zootopia are at an all time high; and...
139 0 1
It's two days before Christmas, and Nick Wilde and Judy Hopps are tasked with bringing Christmas to Judy's hometown of Bunnyburrow. But can Nick get...