Nocturnal Nights ( Harry Pott...

By IconiclySuffering

Thisbe Robinson only wanted something normal to happen to her life for once . This is proven difficult when h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37

Chapter 31

689 52 9
By IconiclySuffering

Arriving back to the castle, I transformed back into my human body. My whole entire dress outfit was soaking wet and my hair was matted and damp. Coming back to Europe from America I was rudely thrown into a large storm that knocked me off course three times. I almost got turned into roasted bird once when I nearly got struck by lightning. It was horrid to say the least.

Sighing heavily, I dragged myself through all of the halls earning many looks from students. I would be looking at me as well, if I too looked liked I just swam in the Black lake. Which, really wouldn't happen because I have no bloody clue how to swim. Guess staying inside for my whole entire childhood really had its cons.

Making it down to the Hufflepuff barrels, I lazily tapped the third barrel to the left and the tunnel opened up. Crawling through, I came out into the Common Room.

"Thisbe! Oh.. you look.." One of the other third year boys, Preston Dozier trailed off as he caught sight of me.

Giving him a look, I walked past him giving a sarcastic response," Lovely, I know." Going through the girls dorm door, I went to the third one on the right and crawled in. With out anymore energy, I landed into my bed making it all soaked as well.

"Ew, no. You will not be going to bed like that, go take a shower." Victoria demanded, throwing one of her shoes at my bed, hitting my in the back. I groaned loudly into my pillow, throwing my legs onto the bed.

"Oh come one, at least get ready for dinner. I bet you're starving." Jolie told me, combing out her long blonde hair.

Jolting up, I twisted behind me causing my hair to stick to my face in a directions," Did someone say dinner?" It was still time for dinner?

I was a sucker for food, and to be honest, sleep could wait if that meant I could eat my heart out. "And maybe even dessert if you clean up first." Jolie taunted like I was a kid. I hurled myself into the bathroom, pushing the blonde out of the way at the same time. Slamming the door, I turned the shower on and rushed to get my clothes off.

Nothing gets between me and food.

~~~~

After eating what felt like Christmas dinner, I stayed back to chat with my friends. I told them about my time in America, the horrendous lightning storm I had flown through, and even stopping by a sweet store to buy Dumbledore some chocolate frogs.

"I swear, the old man might be wise but he's just like a little kid when it comes to nick-nacks." I giggled, placing my head on my hands. 

"Well I don't blame him. I bet his life gets awfully boring looking after Hogwarts. " Alyssa put in, still eating her food. "I would kill my self if I had to watch over hundreds of kids."

Everyone had small agreements with small nods of there heads. "Hey, do any of you know what work I missed?" I asked out in the blue, suddenly remembering that I had in fact missed four whole days. 

Alyssa had scoffed loudly, rolling her eyes at me and leaning over the table more to face me." I swear Thisbe," She groaned, "You're as bad as the Ravenclaws. You can't spend one moment without thinking about your grades." She complained. 

Defending myself, I spluttered out words," W-well, I mean, I have a good reason!" I stuttered. "And who's to say knowing is bad?"

"Still, you get a bit too obsessed. It's like if you miss one paper, it might be your death. Would it really hurt to get a bad grade?"

"You're only like that because you were raised around a family of Gryffindors who couldn't give a crap of a bad grade . Lay of her you numb skull." Jolie laughed, mocking Alyssa and hitting her head playfully. She huffed, but went back to eating her food because there was no lie there.

"Still though, what did I miss."

And suddenly, the long haired brunette I formally know as Victoria had gasped loudly and started to quickly tap my arm in a harsh manner. Wincing, I told her to knock it off and tell me what she's so happy about. "Guess who volunteered to be your  partner on your potions project?"

"We have a potions project?" I questioned stupidly. 

"Never mind that!" She exclaimed, earning a few looks from around. She apologized, and then took me by the shoulders. "The Remus Lupin wanted to be your potions partner." At that, I snapped out of my school given trance and looked back at her. The shock on my face must have been obvious because all the of them gave off laughs.

"Remus Lupin the Marauder?"

"There's another one other than him?" Jolie joked.

So many things went by in my head that it made me freak out. I remember the first time I had seen Remus on the train, and I thought he was going to be one of my greatest friends. I felt so connected to him, and it was saddening to think that the separation of the houses stopped that. That he had joined the Marauders, some of my worst enemies at this school. But looking back at it, I could never find a way to hate him. He was too kind of a boy and too sweet, and I always wanted to know why he always looked hurt. Why did he have claw marks all over his face , so I became so curious to know, that I couldn't even realize what was happening. 

All of the teases from the girls, and the denying of only saying we're friends only leads to this. Reality.

I had actually liked him. The way he was always conserved and isn't as reckless as the other Gryffindors. That he loved to read more than anything, and how his hair was never combed back neatly but instead just a mess. The way how he was insecure about his scars but I find them to be one of the most interesting things about him. Not to mention he was incredibly handsome. I could go on and on but the truth is I like him.

I always have.

Sure it was a silly crush and there wasn't much of anything, but everything starts from a something.

"I'm sure he just got stuck working with me, right?" I doubted, running a hand through my hair. 

"No, not at all. He actually told the Professor Slughorn that he would work with you." Alyssa told me in a much calmer tone.

I stuttered for a moment, trying to find a valid reason." Well he's my friend, he maybe wanted to do so."

"Yeah but think about it Thisbe. Its a big project, we're nearing OWLs right. You're going to have to meet with him after classes and maybe stay up late together." Victoria went on, starting to swoon." Maybe he might make a move or what if you two end up like falling asleep or something working late, that would be so adorable-" I cut her off there, stopping the young girl from her fantasies. 

 "Look Victoria. As much as you want it to happen , lets be a bit more realistic. Do you really think that I would have enough confidence to make any move?" I countered.

"Well maybe he does." Alyssa chimed in.

" Well maybe he doesn't even like me , ever think of that?" I shot back. Their faces dawned, recalling that that might actually be a possibility." -and besides, hes most likely just like me. Remus doesn't seem like the guy to just ask some girl out."

"But you're not just some girl." Victoria, our hopeless romantic reminded me."You're Thisbe Pyramus Robinson, "

"-Don't call me Pyramus."

"-What ever Thisle- , our colorblind , too smart for her own good gal. The way you two look at each other is undeniably something. I can see it in your eyes." She stated as a matter of fact.

I hummed, squinting my eyes slightly as a thought came up."How does one see such vivid expressions in the eyes?" I questioned quite curiously. Everyone in our group groaned at me.

Jolie, who had her face in her hands, said," Oh my god, you can not even stay on one topic for a minute."

"Well I'm quite curious. Things that bore me don't hold much importance to my time." I defended myself.

"But we're talking about you and Remus." Victoria said flabbergasted. 

"Well..." I paused trying to come up with something logical." Maybe I'm just not ready for anyone. I have lots of school work and-"

I was rudely cut off by Alyssa,"That isn't the problem is it-"

"She's scared-"

"Aw, is our little Thisle is scared of love?"

"Can you guys knock it off!" I finally exclaimed, getting tired of all of this. "I'm not scared of it, I'm just being realistic. No one likes a scrawny, lean , colorblind, freak like me. "

Everyone sobered up and gave me saddened looks. "Thisbe, you aren't a freak." Alyssa said softly.

"Oh yeah? My hair hardly has any pigment at all, It makes me look like I'm your grandma. My eyes are as whacked up as ever, not to mention that they are almost as pale as my hair. Do you know how many times I've been asked if I was albino? Too many to count." I ranted, all giving them a look. " I grew up with no childhood.I was raised so different then all of you, with no friends and no- no good memories with others. I hardly even remember what the outside of my house looks like because I've only seen it a few times. I have no social skills, and I can't even hold a conversation with out getting off topic, or just ignoring the person in all. I still don't see how you guys can handle me." 

Everyone was silent still, all watching me with sympathetic looks. The noise of the other students drown out my thoughts, but I was felt like going on and on about every single imperfection about me. It hurt how disconnected I truly was with the world. Finally, after a long prolonged silence, Jolie was the first to speak up. " We can handle you, because you're just the right amount of Thisbe. We love everything about you, no matter how you look, or how much you make us agitated when you constantly change the topic."

"Or how you expressively tell us you couldn't be bothered and rather be reading your book." Alyssa added with a joking tone.

"Or how overwhelmed you feel about us playing Quidditch"

"The way you always run a hand through your messy hair to mess it up even more."

"Thisbe this list could go on forever. We like you for who you are and you certainly aren't any freak." Victoria finished solemly.

The other two nodded there heads in agreement and it made me small lightly. "I mean sure, you kind of can turn into an owl and everything but that's something totally different." Alyssa said quickly, trying to lighten the mood. I could help but let out a laugh at the girls silliness and I shook my head.

I'm glad to have my friends by my side.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

788 18 18
Seventh year was supposed to be great. It was their last year at Hogwarts. Things changed big time. Remus Lupin was no longer part of the Marauders...
246K 5.7K 35
"I can't believe the things I reveal when I'm around you, it's like I can't even think straight. It's mad, this is mad, because you made me believe i...
165K 3.8K 38
Another Day. Wouldn't you love just one more day with the love you your life? Wouldn't you like one last chance at humanity? Well Eliza does. This is...
3.6K 42 12
Sirius Black has been disowned, Remus Lupin is struggling with the reality of being a werewolf. Neither of them knows what their futures hold. When R...