Hiding from Mr. Alpha, Ha Goo...

נכתב על ידי twitchylove

Don't get me wrong I love my brother and his friends, but it would be nice to make some friends of my own oth... עוד

Hiding from Mr. Alpha, Ha Good Luck
Chapter 2- Safe Haven
Chapter 3- Secrets
Chapter 4- What are you doing?
Chapter 5- I told you so..
Chapter 6- One hell of a headache
Chapter 7- Man, Oh, Man.
Chapter 8- Surprises
Chapter 9- Time crunch
Chapter 10- She's kidding right?
Chapter 11- Bro time
Chapter 12- Game on!
Chapter 13- She's gone...Like really gone!
Chapter 14- If it's war you want...Its war you shall get!
Chapter 15- You lookin for lil old me?
A/N
Chapter 16- To make you feel my love.
Chapter 17- Your part of the family now
Chapter 18 - Promises
Chapter 19- A rude awakening.
Chapter 20- Monkey see, Monkey do!
Chapter 21- He's a monkey, not a kid.
Chapter 22- Challenge accepted
Chapter 23 - What? Im a sucker for Legs!
Chapter 24- A flashy new Tattoo?
Chapter 25- Looks like your time is up
Chapter 26- Who's the crazy lady?
Chapter 27- What did I tell you about hanky panky?
Chapter 28- Friends in high places
Chapter 29 - The kind of trouble I live for
Chapter 30- Impossible
Chapter 31 - Sexy but Simple
Chapter 32- Down and Dirty.
Chapter 33- The Paintroom
Chapter 34- YOLO
Chapter 35- It's out of our hands.
Chapter 36- Admission is the first step
Chapter 37- Cheater
Chapter 38- Lessons
Chapter 40- Our loyalties lie with our true Alpha's
Chapter 41- Payback
Chapter 42- Driving ME insane?
Chapter 43- With cream you say?
Chapter 44- Unexpected night.
Chapter 45- Your the one calling the shots now, right?
Chapter 46- Riddles and Announcements.
Chapter 47- The hunt for my Luna.
Epilog - Hunting for my Luna- *title subject to change*
A/n

Chapter 39- A girls gotta do, what a girls gotta do.

84.5K 1.4K 85
נכתב על ידי twitchylove

You guys are totally AWESOME! So I gave you a bit of a longer Chapter! My word thingy said it was 11 pages so I hope you like it! Well Enjoy the show and if you have cupcakes enjoy that too cause I'm jealous!

Chapter 39- A girls gotta do, What a girls gotta do!

Faiths POV

OK I know what your thinking right now I need to stop being such a big baby but here’s the thing I don’t know if I have what it actually can. To be honest with you since we were in the gym I have pretty much done anything I could think of to steer clear of Nate. Right now Trisha would not be very happy with me knowing where I was hiding, and to be honest with you I’m not very happy with where I was hiding. I could hear the sales girls walking by outside the door talking quietly amongst themselves and that wasn’t helping at all. They obviously think I cant hear them or their snide little remarks on my size or how I couldn’t possibly be having that much trouble with a damn bra, and to be honest I wasn’t having any trouble at all. I was just taking my time.

I had 8 bras in here and I had been in here for 10 minutes already and I had only tried on 3 of them. Like I said I am hiding and taking my time. To say it was irritating me was an understatement of the year. All I really wanted to do was punch them right in their prissy little mouths, but in all reality if I did that I would probably really hurt them. Damn this werewolf strength sometimes. So I tried to ignore them the best I could.

 I have never been one to roll over and let people walk on me...well not until recently anyway. I used to be a lot like Eva underneath it all. I was loud, out spoken, strong willed, happy and most of all I wasn’t scared all the time. I mean yea I had the constant fear of the monster that lived under my bed but that was only because of that stupid movie, 'Don t look under the bed'. Stupid friggin Disney movies. I used to have my dad check under there every night for the boogieman when he tucked me in. Is it really pathetic of me to admit I check under my bed even now?

But if you think about it all I think I have a pretty good reason to have a constant state of fear. After all the things I have seen, heard, experienced and done you would too.

                                                    **Flashback**

"Faith come on, we're gonna be late" Tommy yelled.
I smiled double checking my clothes making sure I looked presentable.
"I’m coming" I yelled.
I turned and picked up my phone and ran down the hall to meet him at the door. The rest of my family had already left and we were all that was left in the house.

You see today was a big day. Today was the day that my dad was handing the pack down to my brother and the whole pack was waiting for us in the meeting hall. I was excited but Tommy,  He was nervous but he had no reason to be. He tried to hide it behind his kind smile but I could see it in his eyes. Tommy had been helping my dad for a few years now, and he was ready. He was a strong leader and an even better person under his Alpha status. I smiled brightly back at him.

"Lets go." I chirped at him.
He nodded and lead the way out the door. The meeting hall was only a few city blocks away from our house so there was really no reason to drive. Tommy and I chatted while we were walking. I did what ever I could to make him smile and relax. I noticed little things around me were off. The birds weren’t singing, and I couldn’t hear the scurrying of little animals in the forest close by. I honestly don’t remember a time when I didn’t hear them. But stupid me I brushed it off.

"So, I just want to tell you that I think you will make an amazing Alpha big brother." I encouraged. Though I meant every word it still felt like I was trying too hard to tell him. He scoffed and smirked.
"Thanks Pop-tart, but Its not you I’m really worried about impressing." Tommy said with a sigh.
"Why are you trying to impress anyone? Everyone who knows you, thinks the same way. I’m just the only one who's voiced it." I told him with a smile.
"Thank you Faith. But that’s not what I am worried about." He said softly.
"OK then whats on your mind?" I asked.
"Nothing you should worry your pretty little head about." He told me with a small smile.

There was something in his eyes that told me something different. I didn’t know what it was but I know him and I also know he doesn't keep things from me. Maybe it was just my imagination but something felt... off. Should he be happy right now?

"OK just remember if you want some solid advice I’m always here." I smirked up at him.
"I’m not sure if its gonna help shrimp but thanks anyway. but you can promise me something." His voice was suddenly pained and worry was thick in his eyes now. I've never been one to ignore when my brother was distracted by something. Usually anything he had to tell me had something to directly do with whatever he was worried about. I nodded in agreement. "Depends" I started but he cut me off with a look that told me he wasn’t playing around.

"I’m serious Faith. I need you to promise me that no matter what happens after today you wont stop fighting. I may not always be around to protect you and I want to make sure I have your word that you wont let anything happen you yourself just because I’m not there. Do you understand?" He said it like he was talking to a child. I rolled my eyes and smirked.
"Don t you know by now that I always fight? What makes you think that just because your gonna be Alpha in a few minutes that you have to worry about me?" I questioned.
"Faith I'm not playing here. I need your word..No matter what, promise me you wont give up." His voice was again pained by something and I honestly had no choice but to agree to his request.
"Of course I wont give up. I promise." I told him.
He nodded. "Thank you Faith. You really do brighten up the world." He said with a small smile.

He shocked me when he pulled me into a tight hug. Something about the way he was hugging me made me want to cry. I almost did when I realized that his hug felt like he was saying goodbye.
"I love you Faith." He whispered.
"I love you too Tommy boy." I whispered back using my nickname for him.

I heard him chuckle lightly in my ear. He pulled away from me taking my arm and lacing it through his as if he was escorting me and we continued walking and chatting. He made an effort to talk happily with me but something about him was way off and I knew it.

"You know, I kinda feel sorry for who ever your mate might be." He said jokingly.
"Oh really? Cause I haven't thought that about a million times about yours?" I shot back at him.
"No really, Your a handful. I hope he's prepared." He smirked.
"Oh gee thanks, I feel so much better now."
"Well you are. Trust me! Even though he has his hands full with you, I cant honestly think for one moment that he wont be able to resist loving you. Actually you irritate the piss out of me but I cant help it. Your just so darn loveable Pop-tart!" He joked again as we reached the doors to the meeting hall. He stopped and turned to me with a small smile.
"Thanks a lot I'll make sure to tell him just as soon as I find him." I smirked.
He took a deep breath and I only then actually noticed how quiet it really was. No birds, no animals, no wind, no nothing.
"OK How do I look?" He asked me. I returned his smile and gave him a once over.
"Eh, I hate that shirt but I guess it will do." I mused.
"Thanks for the vote of confidence sis." He scoffed.
"Don t worry so much. You will do great. I can't wait for you to realize that." I told him.
"Is it just me or is it quiet...almost too quiet?" I asked him after a moment.
"No I noticed it too...actually it was too quiet the whole way here." He told me lowly. I nodded at him. I could see he was on high alert and that made my wolf a little jumpy.

He gave me another quick hug before we turned back to the doors. "Well here goes nothing." He mused.

We pushed open the doors together and I really didn’t know what I was expecting but it surly wasn’t this. We both froze in the door way when we realized why it was so quiet. Now I have never seen a battle but if I had I was willing to bet it would look like this when it was over. There was blood splatters on the walls and pools of blood on the floor. I was shocked to say the least. Surely this wasn’t how we passed down the Alpha title...was it?

My head snapped to the left when I heard a sound beside me. When the arms wrapped around me tightly, I thrashed around at the foreign hold. I didn’t know who had a hold of me. I was afraid to even make a sound, I panicked.
"Stop fuckin moving" The person with the iron arms growled at me.
I frantically looked at Tommy who was watching me closely. The look in his eyes was pained and pissed.
"Let her go...Now." He snapped.
The iron armed guy laughed darkly. "Don’t worry I don’t plan on letting anything happen to her Alpha Redwood."
"Then let her go." My brother growled at him.
"You might want to mind that attitude or you will end up like the rest of your pack." He replied.

Tommy made a move like he was going to attack him but the man's hand moved to my throat and held me by my neck effectively slowing my airway and blood flow to my head. I gasped for air. I cant even remember a time when I was this scared. I glanced around the room and couldn’t recognize a single form in the room that had now filled with men I didn’t recognize For the first time in my life I was scared for my life, my brothers life...my family... my pack.

I didn’t know who was dead and who was alive. Tears welled up and spilled over effectively blurring my vision. I was only slightly thankful for that. I couldn’t see the bloodbath that was around me. 
"Tommy" I cried.
I don’t know why I called him or even what he would be able to do to help me but I knew I needed his help.
"Where's the rest of the pack Vance?" Tommy asked. His eyes were no longer on me they were on a figure behind me.
Vance? As in Beta Vance? What the hell is going on here?
"What you see, is what you get." Vance told him stopping right next to me.

He looked over at me and smirked a smile I have never seen before. I can honestly say I thought I knew this guy pretty well. We were all raised together. He was in our lives as long as I could remember.
"Bullshit! Where are they?" Tommy demanded again. I watched his eyes harden and grow dark. I could easily feel the presents of his alpha.
"Well most of the men are in this room, the children and women have been taken too the cellars. So basically like I said, What you see is what you get."
"Take me to them." Tommy demanded.
"On one condition." Vance said.
"I don’t make deals with demons." Tommy snarled. I thrashed again under the iron grip of my captor. Vance turned to me again and smirked.

"Don’t worry so much Faith, your safe. It's not you we're after." Vance said lifting his hand and softly ran it down my face. I flinched away and growled lowly. I felt my own wolf stir angrily under his touch.

He chuckled mockingly at me. "It's only a matter of time Faith. You will be mine."

I growled in reply to his statement. Come to think of it I really never did like this guy. He took over the Beta position after his father died a few years ago. Although no one actually knew the details of how he died just that he left on patrol then a few hours later the patrol team came back and he didn’t Vance and Tommy used to be close but the last few months they barely talked.

Vance hadn’t dropped his hand from my face and it was thoroughly pissing my wolf and me off. I snapped my head as best as I could through the restrictions of the hand around my throat and snapped at it, nipping the skin. Not enough to break the skin but definitely enough to pinch.
I watched black flash through his eyes before he pulled back as if to hit me. Another low vicious growl sounded through the room.

"Don’t you dare touch her." Tommy growled.
"It doesn’t look like there's much you can do about it, Tommy." Vance smirked.
I looked at Tommy again and couldn’t help but cry out for his help, again.

"Tommy" I choked out.
The guy holding me tightened his grip. "Shut up girl."

Vance turned his attention back to Tommy. "You know what I want Tommy. Give it to me and you can all live." His voice was ice cold.
Tommy looked at me then to Vance. "Show me they are still alive and we will talk."
"I think I can manage that." Vance said almost triumphant

Vance began walking out the doors, with Tommy and several others following including iron arms and myself. Not that I had much of a choice in the matter mind you. When we reached the cellars Tommy and Vance were the only ones who continued walking to the doors.
I didn’t want him to leave me here with these crazy Were's. I cant honestly tell you how I mustered enough strength to call out to him again this time a little louder.

"Tommy don’t leave me." I cried though my tears. He turned around with his hard eyes.
"Remember your promise." He growled at me before turning back to follow Vance. My mouth snapped shut immediately as I comprehended his words. So this is what he meant. Did he know this was gonna happen?

It seemed like forever before they came back, my father, sister and mother all behind them. My family was all bound in what looked like silver. I cant honestly tell you if it was a relief to see them or if it made my fear worse but I can tell you silver binds suck. My family was stopped in front of me when Vance took me from the iron gripped guy.

I gasped for air as he released me, my head swam as the blood rushed back to it. Vance clasped the silver chain around my wrists and waist as they watched. Tommy was the only one of my family not in binds. My father looked nothing more than pissed, my mother looked pained but as she watched me her eyes melted away from pain to anger. Trish however looked scared out of her mind. Her eyes red and puffy, make up smeared down her face.

"Now you know what I want Tommy, now if you give it to me. No harm will come to them. But if you don’t..well its your loss I guess." Vance told him.
"Why are you doing this?" Tommy asked him. He had the look of a broken man.
"Because I can that’s why...That and I couldn’t get what I wanted with out the title now could I?" He said.
"Why do you want her so bad?" Tommy asked.
Her? Who's her? I wondered. I could hear the pack link full of chatter until I heard one voice particularly that made me stop thinking.

'Faith, honey its you he wants.' My father's strong voice sounded so defeated.
'Why me?' I asked.
'He thinks you are the key to power. If Tommy doesn’t hand the Alpha position over to him, he will probably kill him for it. If he does give it to him he will probably kill us all on principal alone. I doubt he will kill you though, its you he wants. You have always been destine for greatness. We raised a powerful Luna, and we are very proud of you.' My daddy said.

I watched him as he spoke to me through our pack link. For the first time in my life I saw something I never thought I would ever see, and something I not only never wanted to see but never would see again. Tears welled up in his eyes as he spoke softly in my head and I could feel his pain.
'What can I do?' I asked.
'There's nothing you can do.' He said to me.

I turned to Tommy when an idea hit me. "Vance?" I asked softly.
He stopped talking to his big body guard guy and turned to me. "Yes Faith?" He asked lightly.
I could tell his tone was fake but I could only hope I could try to keep him at bay.

"What will it take to spare them?" I asked him as if I was doing a businesslike transaction.
He turned to Tommy and smiled.
"Now that was the right question." Then he turned back to me and smiled. To say it was the creepiest smile I had ever seen was an understatement. It sent chills down my spine and chilled my bones it was so creepy.
"But the proper question is, what would you be willing to do for me to spare them Faith?" He asked.
Now I was never taught how to negotiate at all but this was my family so what else could I do? "What do you want?" I asked in a croaky voice.
"Isn’t it obvious?" He questioned.
"Call me ignorant or whatever but no really its not." I said trying to steady my voice to hide the fear.
He chuckled. "Well it looks like no one has talked to you. How sad really. I'd think they would have by now." He told me.
"What do you mean?" I questioned.
"Faith, this didn’t just happen. They were warned. If they didn’t give me what I wanted then I would take it." He told me almost softly.
There was no regret in his eyes what so ever. I almost wish there was, it would be easier to convince him to let them live. At this point it would have been easier to convince a shark not to attack when it smelled blood in the water.

"What did you want?" I asked again.
"I want you, but in order to have you I have to have the Alpha title." He told me. I feared that to be honest. I straightened up and nodded.
"Now, the question remains What are you willing to do to keep them alive?" He asked me.

I drug my eyes from Vance to look over at my family who were all shaking their heads at me 'no'. I knew I shouldn’t agree to his terms but I hoped there was a way around this. "Why me?" I asked.
"Your the daughter of an ancient Alpha line." He said.
"So wouldn’t just the title of the ancient Alpha line be enough?" I countered quickly. Tommy chimed in quickly behind my words.
"If you spare her, and my family I will happily give you the title Vance. But you cant force her into a Mating." Tommy told him. I could see he was grasping at straws at this point.
"No I cant, but by the time the day is out she will agree to it." Vance growled.

What happened next was such a shock that I didn’t even have time to process what he had said yet. I didn’t even see the dagger in his hand before he took 3 quick steps to my father and plunged it to the hilt into his chest. I could hear the blade tear through every tendon and muscle before landing deep within my fathers heart. I heard my mother scream as the yanked the dagger back out and my father fell to the ground.

I couldn’t stop the anger the built up in my wolf. I had one problem with a shift, I was bound in silver, but Tommy how ever was not bound in silver and that was all it took to cause an involuntary shift in him.

From the emotionless look in Vance's eyes and the smirk on his face this was what he wanted to begin with. I gasped as I watched Tommy shift. Both Trish and I screamed "Tommy, NO!" but it was too late. Tommy in a blind rage attacked the man who just murdered our father. I could feel the blood-lust in his thoughts but he failed to account for the blade still in Vance's hand as it slid easily into my brothers neck as he lunged for his throat.

With in a minute both my brother and my Father had died. Vance turned to me and gave me the choice either my mother or my sister could live if I agreed. If I didn’t they both died and He would mark me anyway. It only took me a moment to decide. Knowing my mother wouldn’t be able to live very long without my father I choose Trisha. Though if I had the choice I wouldn’t have choose at all. But I didn’t want to live my entire life knowing it was my fault they were all dead. As it was it was still my fault. 

Vance informed us that he didn’t have any plans on killing anymore of the pack that they had already taken care of the ones he had to worry about. Like it was supposed to comfort us in someway.

After a heated discussion with Trisha she finally got him to agree to wait till I was 17 to Mark me, with the excuse that the bond wouldn’t solidify until after I was anyway. It was a few short days later that we ran. Until one fateful day... when we went to a mall in a new town we were passing through.

                                                                             **End Flashback**

My mind ran with all the things that brought me here. I couldn’t help but smile lightly when I thought about how we got here. If it wasn’t for me whining and crying about being hungry we wouldn’t have came to this mall, and we would have never ran in to Eva. In turn Trisha would have never been able to meet Kevin.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by a shrill giggle. It was only a few short seconds later that I felt the hair on my arms stand on end and the light static in the air around me, and I knew exactly who just walked into the store. I could hear the two prissy sales girls hushed whispers about how hot he was and why he would be walking into a store like this.

They both giggled as they talked. Silence filled the air around me as I heard one of them walk off after the other complained about having to stay to watch the dressing rooms. It was only a few seconds later that the other girl came back and told the girl waiting by my door that he was looking for someone.
Once she described me to the other one, I could hear the doubt in her voice. "It cant be her." She said making it sound more like a statement than a question.

This however stirred my wolf. Now my wolf is a difficult one to piss off and from the sounds of the growls in my head she just figured out one sure fire way to do just that. Man did I want to punch little miss priss out there right in her fake little nose. I sighed loudly as I hung the last of the bra's back on the hangers.
I had already gotten dressed so now I was just literally hiding from him. Though with the way they were talking out there it sounded as though he was close by. I listened to their plan to try to convince him to go out with one of them and I tried to stifle back a smirk knowing it wouldn’t work. Though, My wolf wanted nothing more than to spill their blood but I had a better plan, and I actually wanted to see what he would do when one of them approached him. 

"Are you OK sweetie?" One of the sales girls asked.
"Yea just getting to the last one now." I lied. I know its wrong to lie but I wanted to see what he would do.
"Well take your time you want to make sure they fit properly." She called through the door before tacking on under her breath. 'Not like it would help anyway.'
Now for that I did stifle a growl with a fake cough. I heard the heavy footfalls close by. I stretched out my hearing as I waited, and sure enough it sounded like the red head from hell that was 'Assisting' me as she annoyingly giggled at my soon to be mate. I say soon to be because I wasn’t 17 yet and there was not reason for me to actually call him my mate for another 3 weeks.

Figured might as well let him get it all out of his system now right? Or so I thought as I listened to her offer him her number and him politely reply he wasn’t interested and that the person he was looking for was in the dressing room. This surprised me enough to make me smile.
She then asked him to describe me again. I heard his annoyed sigh before he began a description of me again to the girl.
I took that as my Que and picked up my purse and walked out of the dressing room.

Now normally I am SO not this Fearless and bold but these girls were pissing me off and my wolf had a little more control over my emotions than I really would like but they needed to back off, and you know a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. So I forgive me for not being a normal chick who would have already jumped down her throat for talking to him, I had no right to do that just yet...But I did have a right to detour her away from him... quickly.

I smirked as passed the first sales girl.

Nate’s eyes turned to me and a smile formed on his lips. I winked as I approached him and surprisingly he caught on quickly as I reached up on my tip toes and wrapped my arms around his neck and Kissed him. To which he responded the way I hoped he would. His arms snaked around me and held me to him almost possessively which I honestly didn't mind one little bit. 

Now I’m usually not the one to do things like this but desperate times call for desperate measures. Though the kiss was simple and sweet there may have been a little too much fire behind it cause when I pulled back I was a little light headed. We both smiled at each other.
"I see you found me." I chirped as I dropped my arms and slid them down his chest lightly. I felt a light shiver pass through him but I ignored it.
"Yea was told by a little birdy you were in the one place men shouldn’t go." He smirked.
"So you automatically think Victoria Secrets?" I asked.
"No I actually looked in all the women's rooms first. Then the hair dressers and as I passed Spencers I remembered there was one other place I hadn’t checked yet." He told me.
"How the hell did Spencers make you think Victoria Secret?" I asked amused by his answer.
"For that I have to show you." He smirked then looked around me.
"You find anything you like here?" He asked.
"Na None of them really fit me properly and even if they did its not like it would really help at all" I snipped catching the eye of the redhead who looked as though I just hit her in the face with a frying pan.... Ha I wish!

"I would beg to differ." Nate said with a smile but I watched his eyes darken into a smokey blue shade that I had yet to see on him and OH MY was it hot. I felt my breathing catch slightly and I waited only 2 heartbeats for his eyes for fade back to his normal bright blue eyes. I smiled at him shyly and nodded.
"Well Thank you for helping me find what I was looking for ladies, Have a nice day." Nate said as he took my hand and tugged me out the door.

We both busted up laughing the moment we were around the corner.
"OH my god did you see her face?" I giggled out.
"That was priceless, but I have to ask where did that come from?" He asked me.
"I got tired of listening to them talking and I had to shut them up before they pissed my wolf off anymore than they already had." I told him honestly with a smile.
"Awe was someone a little jealous?" Nate teased.
I scoffed. "No I was just getting tired of listening to their whinny friggin voices." I told him. Hey it was true ...kinda.. ok so It was only Half true, but true none the less.

"So you wouldn’t mind if I went back and got her number then right?" He questioned. I know I should have been able to control my wolf better but the low growl that slipped out was not my fault! I tried to cover it by clearing my throat. I looked up at his amused face with a smile.
"Sure but don’t expect any rewards for achieving your goal." I smirked.

His smile was a little brighter, I took the time to pick up my pace and walk a little faster causing him to fall behind slightly. I looked up to see Eva, Luke, Megan and the Twins lounging on the couches nearby. They were happily chatting with each other. I was shocked when a hand lightly hooked around my waist and I really wasn’t expecting the warm breath in my ear.

"Don’t worry red heads have nothing to do with my goals, Kitten. I prefer Petite blondes to be honest." And just as fast as he was there he was gone and in front of my leading us to the others. He turned back and looked over his shoulder at me and sent me a quick wink and low and behold a deep blush set in.
OK I know I shouldn’t say this but damn that boy was really hot and man was he gonna make things difficult on me.

Nate's POV

Holy shit! Faith my shy, petite quiet mate just friggin kissed me. No it wasn’t a heated kiss but it was her lips on mine none the less. I cant honestly say that there was going to be a way to wipe the grin off of my face. Then getting to see that blush on her, WOW! Now I understand why Luke does it so much.

I plopped down on the couch next to the twins with what I am sure Eva would have called a 'goofy grin' on my face.
"Whats up?" I chirped at them.
"I don’t know, why don’t you tell us?" Luke asked me with a smile.
"Don’t know what your talking about." I mused moving my eyes from his to rake over the rest of them to land on the quiet arrival of My little Kitten.

She silently sat down next to Eva across from me looking as though she was deep in thought and it just felt wrong to pull her away from her thoughts so I reluctantly pulled my eyes away from her and looked over to the twins.

"So the last time I saw you three you were buying Spencers out of all their shit, whatcha get?" I asked trying to sound as passive about it as I could.
I’m guessing I failed because Megan smiled at me brightly. "And the last time I saw you, you were peeping in to ladies rooms. Did you find what you were looking for?" She mused at me.
"Sure did, Thanks for your concern. Woulda been nice to have some help but all worked out better than I expected so don’t fret." I teased back trying not to look over at my (I’m sure, blushing) mate.

"Oh don’t worry I wasn’t fretting on it! It was a one man mission and I wasn’t about to get kicked out of the mall with you when you started checking the dressing rooms." Megan popped back at me.

"I did no such thing! I politely asked, Didn’t I?" I questioned turning my gaze back to Faith.

Faith nodded without saying a word. She lifted her head and gave me a small smile. There was a round of laughter before another conversation got started again. I couldn’t actually blame myself every time I glanced over at my little kitten, she was just too cute not too... irresistibly so actually.

I watched her as she watched the crowd around us pass by. I tried to keep the giddy smile off of my face.  I watched her sniff the air discreetly then quickly stiffen. Her eyes passed over the rest of us then landed on me. Honestly I have only felt my heart stop one other time and this would be the other. Her eyes held so much sudden fear that it was not possible for me not to get up and go to her.

I was crouched in front of her in an instant. "Kitten, whats wrong?" I asked her softly.
My wolf wanted nothing more than to protect her. "This cant be happening. We were safe." She whispered.
I watched her closely for a split second knowing she knew something that I didn’t but that didn’t stop me from responding.
"You are safe honey. What's wrong?" I questioned laying my hand on hers hoping that it would relax her enough to talk to me. Out of the corner of my eye I could see she had everyone's attention.
"Where's Trisha?" I asked them with out taking my eyes off Faith.
"With Kevin in Vintage Stock." Luke told me.
I nodded. "Faith you need to tell me whats going on. I’m not the only one picking up on your sudden Fear." I told her in the softest tone I could.

Her breathing had picked up and I could tell she was only moments away from a panic attack. Tears pooled in her eyes as she locked them with mine. I wanted nothing more than to just hold her and make it all go away.
"They found us." She whispered.

And just like I thought her body went limp and she slouched over. I had her in my arms the instant she passed out and paced quickly away without drawing too much attention to us, too vintage stock.

I didn’t need to look behind me to know that the others were all behind me, I could hear their foot steps and I knew the sounds of their heart beats individually

I guess Luke had called Kevin to meet us because he was in pure Beta mode as he gripped a hold of Trisha's hand and pulled her helplessly behind him. She pulled her hand out of his grip much to his displeasure the moment her eyes fell on the precious creature in my arms.
"Oh my god what happened?" Trisha demanded.
"We don’t know, All she said was 'This cant be happening. We were safe and They found us.' That’s it she passed out seconds later. Now can you explain it to me before I loose my patience and start tearing throats out of every passing Were I see?" I growled lowly at her as we found a lounge area tucked in a corner giving us a little privacy.

Trisha's eyes flashed with the same fear I just saw in her sisters eyes. She shook her head and I actually though she was going to tell me she didn’t know but I know better than that shit.
"Don’t lie to me Trisha. I see the same fear in your eyes that was just held in hers." I snapped as I felt my Alpha start to pour through my tone, causing Kevin to growl lowly at me for snapping at his mate. He stepped in front of her and took a protective stance before she could answer. I knew I stepped over the line the second I heard the growl but in all honesty I really didn’t care at this point, I just wanted answers so that I could properly protect my frightened little kitten before she does something she will regret.

I held my hands up in a surrender motion and took a step back from them showing that I didn’t actually mean any harm to her.
"Trish, I need you to answer him." Luke said thick in his alpha tone.
Her eyes snapped to him. "There's only one person who would cause her to panic like this."
"Who's that?" I asked still a little to demanding I guess cause Kevin again growled warningly at me.
She took a deep breath and looked at her sister where I had laid her on a couch. "Vance."

One simple word had my blood boiling. One simple word made my wolf want blood on his hands. So I asked the only thing I could to the only person I could. "Now what do we do?"
My wolf responded before anyone else could. 'We kill him that’s what we do.'
'I agree but we cant do so here in a mall' I replied. 'on top of that I have no idea who I am looking for.'
My wolf only growled at me. He was just as annoyed as I was not having the information we needed.

Luke looked at me then to Trisha and asked her a series of questions, while I turned my attention to my now stirring Mate.
"Oh..oh...what happened?" She asked me quietly. The talking around me fell silent the moment everyone heard her voice.
"You had a panic attack and passed out." I told her honestly. I mean hell what was I gonna do lie to her?
Eva was the next one to speak. "Do you remember why you had a panic attack, Faith?" This was the first time I had heard Eva go full Luna. I could hear the Alpha in her tone and I knew why.
Faith nodded her head. "They are here, somewhere." She said barely above a whisper.
"Who?" I questioned.
"His enforcers. I smelled them." She told me. The fear was back in her eyes.
"Are you sure?" Trisha asked her.
"Its not a scent I'm likely to forget anytime soon Trish." She snapped back at her sister.
"Can you tell me what they look like so we know?" I asked her.
She thought about it for a moment then shook her head. I know she just didn’t want to tell us in fear of us getting hurt but I wasn’t having any of that.
"Faith, don’t worry so much about us and let us protect you, Thats what a pack does. Thats what family does. You can trust us, We need to know what they look like." I whispered to her.
"I cant tell you but I can show you." She told me.

Now the one really cool thing about being an Alpha is you can show someone images of things in detail, sights, sound, even scents. We can show images through our pack link but since we are not fully members of the shadow pack they are not as strong as the rest. Since I am an alpha and she has alpha blood all she as to do is touch me to make the connection. I nodded at her and held out my hand for her to take.

She hesitated for only a moment before she took my hand delicately in hers and I could feel the warmth spread up my arm. I instinctively let it calm my wolf before she started showing me images of things I really didn’t want to EVER see. But I knew if I wanted to help her which wasn’t even a question at this point, I had to see them. She even shared their scents with me so I would know, and she was right. The scents associated with her memories I had passed several times this afternoon and that in its self was enough to piss me off royally.

She dropped my hand less than a minute after she started sharing her memories with me. I almost recoiled and took her hand back but thought better of it.
I turned to Luke as I spoke. "According to some of what she shared, I have passed these scents today."
He nodded. "I think it's best we leave so we can regroup. I really don’t want a blood bath here. Not a cover up I am ready to make just yet." He said solemnly. We all nodded in agreement.

I helped Faith to her feet and tucked her under my arm. I scanned the area as we all filed out of the building. Gage and Molly quickly caught up to us outside while we waited for the car when the wind changed and I and Faith caught the scent she feared so desperately.

OK Well its not my best work but I’m building up too it. I know I was supposed to Put a Megan and the twins action in here but that’s gonna have to be later. I had to give some insight to Faith and Trisha's past before things really started to come together. Well I am off of here for the night.
For the next update I need at least 500 Votes and 75 comments. I know you can do it!
AND AS ALWAYS
VOTE
FAN
COMMENT
SHARE
AND BAKE SOME CUPCAKES WHILE YOU WAIT YOU MAY NEED THEM FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER!

Love always,
XoXo
Twitch

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

2K 29 12
I stop at the door taking another huge breath and walk in. I go up to the desk and wait for the lady to get off the phone which standing here is maki...
154K 6.5K 72
I never would wish anyone to lose their mate by rejection nor death. I never would wish this on my greatest enemy or my best friend. I never would wi...
183K 4.9K 45
""Kitten, you're worried about something, and you cannae lie. You're picking at your hands and looking around to clean up my room. Unlucky for you, m...
16.6M 310K 26
He leaned in closer, if that was even possible, his spearmint breath fanning across my face. My breathing got caught in my throat as he lowered his m...