New Member

By rosebub6200

Maria finds out that she has won a competition to be in Nu'est! But how will her fellow members react? More

New Member
Surprise!
Into the crowd
First Meeting
Missions
Photogenic
Breakfast and Busan
Shall we dance?
Interview
Secret's out!
Still Missing You...
Do you believe in ghosts?
Nightmares
Season Finale
Back home
Visit
Frosty the Snowman!
Picturesque
We're going WHERE????
Getting ready
First Day
Sleepover~~
Photoshoot
Hello Venus!
Happy Birthday!
Frankie/ Insecurities
Family
Action!
Confessions^^

Dance

633 27 6
By rosebub6200

“C’mon hurry up!”

“Don’t be so loud or they’ll see us!”

“Quick out the back!”

We quietly creeped down hallways with grey carpeting and white walls- ducking behind vending machines and potted plants as we stalked forwards. We crept down the damp stairwell which smelled like a cellar and honestly creeped me out. I was with you and Jane and we were attempting to sneak out of our dorm. It was quite funny to be honest- three girls in heels and dresses trying to act like James Bond.

It wasn’t the safest thing either- I had wobbled and nearly fallen over too many times to count and Unnie practically tripped over her own dress.

And don’t even get me started on the masks that obstructed half of our vision.

“Why don’t we want them to see us again?” I whine when we finally get outside and walk towards school.

“1. Because I told them we’d meet them there.   2. because I didn’t want them to see us until we’re  under the full affect of the lights and music and-“

I wave my hand in front of her face to get her to stop. She had gotten this far away look in her eyes and I was afraid  she would trip over something if she wasn’t paying attention. You see, all three of us had a sleepover in our dorm so that we could prepare together for the dance and Jane hadn't let us talk to the boys once during that period because it was 'bad luck'. Was this a school dance or a wedding??

“Careful Unnie! We don’t want to ruin these dresses we worked so hard to find!” I scold.

“Remember that little boutique we got them at? It was adorable!” Luna smiles at Jane and pokes her stomach.

“You wouldn’t stop eating the sample cookies!”

“But they were sooo good!” Jane rubs her stomach and pouts. I giggle remembering the hard time we had finding the dresses.

*Flashback*

“No, No, No, Hell no, I’m not a hooker, no ,no ….” I search through the racks of dresses at the store pulling each one out to inspect before putting them away dejected.

“All these dresses look the same!” Luna whines as she frowned at her measly collection of dresses. She was right.

“I bet every girl in the school shopped here” Jane groans as she puts away one of the better dresses just as we saw a girl in our class purchase it at the counter.

“We need something…Unique!” I express.

“And different” Luna adds

“and individual- like us!” Jane finishes as we walk dejectedly out of the store

“My feet are killing me!” Jane sits down and massages her heel. I scoff.

“Then you shouldn’t have worn heels when we’d be walking all over the mall” I roll my eyes.

“Someone’s cranky” Unnie mumbles and I sigh.

“Sorry…just tired.” We started walking again but this time something caught my eye.

“Wait. Since when has that been here?” I point to a little shop at the corner of the mall. It’s sign had pink stripes with ‘Strictly You’ written in yellow cursive.

“Seems like our last hope” Jane shrugs and we head in the little store. The whole store smelled of Vanilla and sugar cookies and I soon saw why when I saw the plate of cookies on a little table.

They were awesome.

“Welcome to Strictly You! My name’s Lili! How may I help you?” A girl who couldn’t be older than 26 comes up to us and we bow.

“We’re looking for dresses to our school dance.” I explained and the girl smiled.

“Let me guess- something Unique, different, and Individual?”

I blink

“How did you…”

“You’d be surprised at how many girls just want what everyone else is wearing- not wanting to stand out- we only get the special ones who want to be themselves, Hence the stores name” She grinned and started taking our measurements  and asking us questions. The questions she explained, were to get a better understanding of our personalities. There were regular questions like ‘Favorite color’ and ‘favorite food’ but there were also other questions like what we thought about different situations or what we would want our future houses to look like. While some people might think these questions as weird- I actually enjoyed answering them. They made me even more excited about what kind of dresses we’d get.

“Okay girls I put your dresses in each of the changing rooms- get changed and lets see how it goes!” Lili clapped her hands together and rushed us into 3 separate dressing rooms. They were just 3 separate rooms with pink curtains to serve as doors for privacy. Inside was more spacious than I expected and there were cute stools inside as well as little mirrors

“Okay guys on three” I say.

“1…”

“2…”

“THREE” we all shout and throw back the curtains- making a gigantic ‘swoosh’ noise that filled the room, only to be replaced by the squeals of three adolescent girls.

“MARIA- JANE! YOU GUYS  LOOK AWESOME!” Unnie says as she admires our dresses.

“What about you! You look like you just stepped out of a magazine!” I take her hands and we twirl around laughing.

“Well you all  have to look at ourselves don’t you?” Lili  ushers us towards a huge mirror in the center of the room and looks satisfied at our dumbfounded expressions.

Dresses:

Jane:

Luna

Maria

“It’s…Perfect” I breathe and Lili chuckles.

“Of course it is- It’s strictly you”

*End of flashback*

“We need to go back there again if we ever need dresses” Jane declared- and we all agreed. We arrive at the school and we can hear the music pounding from all the way outside. I tentatively touch the hair clip Ren gave to me on my birthday- it somehow calmed me. I’ll get to see him soon.

“Masks on girls?” Jane said and we made sure they were on tight.

“Lets do this”

Meanwhile:

“Hyung is killing me!” Minhyun choked on the tie that Aron was attempting to tie around the boys neck. It didn’t help that Minhyun was taller than he was and he was almost choking him by tying it too tight.

“Where’s my left shoe?” Baekho was running around the dorm- diving under tables and couches to look for the missing item.

“I look like a kid in his dad’s suit!” Ren whined.

“All of you! Shut it!- we’re going to be late!” JR was hoping on one foot while putting his shoe on.

“The girls will beat us there!”

That had them all scrambling for their things.

They had to admit to themselves though- they cleaned up nicely.

Warning: upcoming story has sever fluff and cheesiness. You have been warned.

Baekho+Jane

“Hey Unnie let’s split up and look for the boys- ok?” Maria tells Jane and she nods silently.

They’re probably scrambling looking for ties and shoes

She thinks to herself- a grin apparent on her face as she thought of Baekho running around looking for shoes or a tie. A small giggle escaped her lips.

“What’s so funny?” Arms wrapped around her waist and she craned her neck to see behind her. The Mohawk was unmistakable.

“Baekho oppa! How did you know it was me?” She asked surprised. She barely recognized herself with her mask on.

“I’ll always know your laugh” He smiles and takes her hand as she lets him lead her to  the dance floor.

JR

+

Luna

Luna was in the middle of the dance floor- she didn’t know how she got there because she was just walking but suddenly a wave of people came and she got swept in all the madness. Bodies bumped against her as she desperately tried to squeeze past but to no avail. At this rate she wouldn’t be surprised if you got trampled. Someone’s strong arm reached out and pulled her against their chest- leading her to the outer parts of the dance floor where there were less people. She heaved a huge sigh of relief and turned to her savior.

“Surprise” JR smirked at her slightly and she gaped at him. All coherent thoughts escaped her brain as she stared at the suit he was wearing that almost matched his midnight hair perfectly. His hair covered one eye and he flipped it back reflexively to reveal the most dazzling eyes she had ever seen.

“I’m glad I found you” He continues as a small smile plays at the corner of his lips. She chuckled nervously.

“I’m sorry…were you looking for a long time?” she suddenly felt guilty for some reason. JR, guessing her thoughts, quickly laughs it off.

“No I actually found you quite easily.” He’s quiet for a moment.

“Besides, I could never miss someone as beautiful as you” he mumbled so quietly she wondered if he even said anything at all. She looked down- still feeling bad about him having to look for her but she felt hot breath on her ear as JR leaned in close.

“Even if i was looking forever, you’re someone worth searching for”

Maria+Ren

I kept my head down as I pulled nervously at the hem of my dress. The satin had an interesting texture but in all honesty I rather pay attention to it rather than the boys staring at me with a creepy look in their eyes.

I’m going to count to four…

I decided because I had never liked odd numbers.

deep breaths Maria.

Shit one of them is coming closer!

1…

Please walk away

2….

Just keep walking just keep walking

3…  

Maybe if I close my eyes they won’t see me.

“Maria!” The voice I had been longing to hear since that morning came from right in front of me. I opened my eyes and saw Ren (That blond hair was unmistakable) cut off the guy who was walking towards me- sending him off dejectedly back to his buddies.

Oh thank goodness

“Ren!” I cheered and hugged him. It was awkward but nice at the same time. I pulled away and smacked his arm

“what took you so long?” I tease as he grins sheepishly at me.

“You know how disorganized we are! You shouldn’t be surprised!”

“You’re right- I shouldn’t- I wonder how you lived without me till now!” They probably were starved like homeless kittens.

“I honestly don’t know” He said as his eyes met mine and everything around me went black until I saw only him. He reached out and touched my hairclip- his gift to me- a joyful expression on his face. A slow song came on and somehow drifted into my mind- mixing in with the beautiful boy that I couldn’t believe was here with me right now. He bowed

“May I have this dance?” I smile as I take his outstretched hand but am surprised when we walk away from the dance floor- instead going to the little garden that the agriculture club used.

We could still hear the music floating through the air mixing with the sweet scent of the flowers around us. I recognized the song as Shinee’s replay

A/N

*Play it now the words are so perfect! Just ignore the fact that Ren is older than Maria for now*

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XJWDJIWeBA

We put our arms around each other and swayed back and forth- not really knowing what we were doing but not really caring at the same time. We were the only ones who existed at this moment.

“Why me?” I whisper.

“What?” He seems bemused at my question.

“Why did you pick me? There were other girls way prettier than me that would have killed to be were I am now- why me and not them?” I look down- wishing I had just stayed silent. Slowly he to my face in his hands and made me look at him.

“Maria ever since I first saw you I knew you were different. I just didn’t know how until I got to know you. How sweet you were, kind and putting everyone before yourself. You’re beautiful inside and out and I promise- no I swear I will love you every day and be the person who deserves a girl like you.”

At this point I was trying hard not to cry. I didn’t know any boy could have such heartfelt words and say them out loud. He takes my pinky in his and I remember teaching him the gesture what seemed like years ago.

I was so happy I could fly. Wait if I was happy… I had made a promise too didn’t I? Not so long ago too.

“Thank you…Minki” I blush as his face turns from surprise to pure untainted joy as his arms wrap around me.

“I love you” He whispers and leans in to kiss me- his lips were perfectly smooth and as soft as satin. They molded into mine as his sweet breath filled my head. We broke away- panting and blushing like crazy.

“I love you too”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

167K 2.6K 79
Being the only girl in a whole boy group seems challenging as well as fun. So you are Anna Stanley from New York,USA. You came to Korea and joined t...
77.6K 1.5K 39
"Hi, Im Mila Park and Im the new member of NCT", Mila greeted the camera with a bow and closed eye smile. The staffs behind the cameras looked at the...
230K 7K 72
"Wait! Please! I really do know someone here!" He grabbed her hand and pulled her next to him, "Look officer! This is my girlfriend. She lives in thi...
4K 168 14
-Y/N have a crush on Renjun since they're in middle school -Would Y/N choice to be his friend? Or more than that? Or would she lost both? -How will R...