Bending or Breaking (S05 Liam...

De Love-N-Live

Six months after Mexico life seemed to be great for Phoebe. Her werewolf boyfriend was sweet, her friends and... Mai multe

Regression To The Mean
Theo
Imagined
Werewolf Tracy, Not Friend
Working With Brett
Masked Men
Emotional Wreck
Cursed Book - Part 1
Cursed Book - Part 2
Science Experiments
All I Need
Running Or Staying
No More
Death
The Changing
Control
Anchors And Symbols
Demon Wolf
The Hellhound And The Beast
Horrible Realisations
Planning Eichen Escape
Escape From Eichen - Part 1
Escape From Eichen - Part 2
Escape From Eichen - Part 3
Escape From Eichen - Part 4
Frequency
The Murder Game
Revealed
Origins
Blood Doesnt Always Mean Family
The man of Gévaudan
Submitted
Freed

Heartbreak Is Different To Pain

603 14 1
De Love-N-Live

I was riding my bike back to Sinema when I heard it. "Hayden, Hayden." My bike slowly died and I shook my head.

"No, no no no no. Come on baby, come on." I saw the lamp post up a head flicker and I swing off my bike and run my way up the hill. I saw the three doctors walking towards Hayden who was trapped in her own car.

Running forward I opened up my spear and stabbed it in one of the three guys legs. He stumbles and turns to me along with the other two. I saw Liam on top of Hayden's car breaking her out. One guy turns around and punches, I duck and stab his ribs. "Phoebe! Let's go!" Liam yells and I dive forward into a ball, avoiding their punches before running to catch up to Hayden and Liam.

We ran all the way to Scott's place and by that time we were out of breath. "So, those were the-."

"Dread doctors? Yeah." Liam says and I look between them and Liam explains. "When you left I told her about everything and she punched me in the face when I showed her my wolf side."

"Who can blame her, I probably would've done the same thing if I didn't get kidnapped by assassins." Hayden looks between us before I got her a chair and continued to explain everything. She did the same with the dread doctors. "Ok, your gonna be ok Hayden don't worry. We just need to text Scott he'll be here soon and we'll figure this out ok?"

She nods her head and both Liam and I leave the room. "She's handling this well," I say and he nods his head before pulling out his phone and texting Scott. Suddenly I heard Hayden's chair scrap the ground and we both run out to see her bolting up to Scott's room. "Hayden wait!" I yell but when I got there she locked herself into Scott's bathroom.

"Hayden, open the door it's gonna be ok." Liam says but the door didn't open. He kept trying but it was always the same result. Scott turned up a little later with stiles and he tried to get her to open the door.

He knocked, "Hayden it's Scott. I know that your scared but we just want to help." After a couple of seconds he turns to the two of us. "I can hear her heart beating she's really freaked out what happened."

"We don't know, she was ok when we got here, I went to text you for two seconds and she went and lockers herself in." Liam says and I nod in agreement.

"Why?" Stiles asks.

"We don't know." I answer.

"She's definitely a Chimera?" Scott asks.

"She said she heard a voice saying your condition improves." Scoot shared a look with stiles  before the skinny boy moved towards the door.

"Okay that's unsettling," he knocks on the door. "Hayden this is stiles, your sister works with my dad down at the station. Look just open the door ok you can trust us." When she didn't open the door I checked her emotions, she was definitely freaked out, but she was also scared, angry and sad.

I stepped forward and knocked on the door. "Hayden, it Phoebe. Look I don't know what you are going through but I know that when I first learned about the supernatural I thought the medication I was on were messing with my head. I was freaked out, a little ticked off but mainly I was scared that something was going to happen to my friends and I wouldn't be able to stop it.

You can trust us. All we want is to tell you the truth and that's usually better face to face without a door in the way. Your gonna need to unlock the door or Scott an Liam are gonna break it open. You don't have to talk or believe us, but we just need to know that your ok in there." I put a soothing power in my words in hopes that it'll calm her down. As I turned back around all three boys were staring at me. "What?"

"Nothing," Scott said as I traded spots with him, Liam took my hand and I hadn't realized how long it had been since we had done something like this. Scott was about to break the door down when we heard the door unlock. I stepped forward again and slowly pushed the door open.

Hayden's eyes were bright yellow and her teeth canines. Her nails were claws but her face was sad. "I believe you."

~~~~

I spent the day at home with my parents and Cammi, telling them about the plan tonight about trapping a dread doctor while keeping Hayden safe. "I don't like how your putting yourself in danger like this Phoebe, they already tricked you once by hacking your mothers phone to lead you to the hospital." My father said.

I nodded my head as the sun started to sink below the horizon. "I know dad but I need to protect my friends and I can't do that if your gonna keep me under house arrest every time something dangerous is going to happen." I answered around the circular table.

My mother was standing next to Cammi but she moved around to my side before pulling me into a hug. "I just wished that you didn't have to grow up so fast." She said with a hiccup. I smiled and hugged her back.

"Mum, I'm still young at heart and will be a child until I turn old with grey hair, and even then I'll be young at heart." She put me at arms length and nodded her head.

"Ok, ok sweetie. Just remember the balance will always come back to the middle at any price." I nodded my head and turned to my ancestor.

"Cammi, I'm gonna need your help." She raised an eyebrow at me "well more like your Jaguar help." She nodded her head and her green eyes shined brightly when she smiled.

"What do you need La Loba?" And I nodded before pulling out my spear.

"I need you to have my back but remain anonymous to everyone else." She nods her head. I got to the school to find everyone else already there. I swung my leg off the bike and took my helmet off before looking around and seeing a pair of bright emerald eyes and a pure black jaguar string at me. I nodded my head and walked towards the school in black jeans, white and black athlete shoes and a grey niki shirt. I entered the school and found everyone in the boys locker room.

I helped Hayden move a large object in front of the back door to stop it from opening. Later that night, I stared at Hayden from across the room as she looked at herself in the mirror. "Don't worry, you'll learn how to control it." Liam said.

"I'm not like you," she said. "I wasn't bitten by a wolf I was, somebody's science experiment. This is so bizarre." I watched as Liam comforted her.

"I know but your gonna be ok, I promise." I felt my heart slowly break.

"What am I?" She asked and Liam being Liam says the right thing.

"Your Hayden." That put the biggest smile on her face and she turns to face him.

"By the way, if you get me out of this, I'll forget all about sixth grade." He smiles and I couldn't take anymore, just as I turned away I caught Hayden's eyes and a look of realization crossed them but I just shook my head and walked away. I took a seat on the far end of the room and let my heart break. I felt Lydia sit next to me and all she did was rub my arm.

"I guess a had to know that we would have to part was sooner or later," I said in a whisper. "I mean, now that he's a werewolf he doesn't have to worry about growing old but I still have to age." Even with my powers some part of me is still human so I will grow old like Lydia and stiles.

"You could always ask Scott for the bite." She said and I shook my head.

"That's where your wrong Lydia. I want to grow old, I want to experience life as a human. Grow old with the man of my dreams watch my children grow old and have grandchildren. I can't do that if I'm a supernatural creature, I mean sure I can have children but I won't grow old." I pulled out my pole and stared at it, "I won't ever be able to put down my weapon.

Lydia stares at me before rubbing my shoulder one more time before getting up and walking away. I felt Cammi trying to sooth me through the bond we have, since I brought her back from the dead, but it didn't help. Huffing a breath I stayed where I was. "At least when your human your heart breaks only so many times before you finally find a love that sticks." I said to myself.

I don't know how much time went by before I got up and walked around the lockers but the first thing I saw was Liam and Hayden sitting next to each other, with her head on his shoulder and him looking at her. Change of plans I thought and sat back down this time facing away from the two of them and pulling out my own black bag and school books.

If I'm dying tonight I am not failing English. More time past before I heard the sound of chains ringing. Peaking out from around the lockers I saw Liam holding a bunch of chains and locks. "What are you going to do with these?" He asks Scott.

"Brought them just in case." He answered and I climbed to my feet.

"In case of what?" Liam asks.

"In case we had a chance to catch one of them." Lydia answers and I stare at the two of them in shock.

"If we can't make the school a fortress then maybe we can make it a trap." Scott continues. Liam turns to me and I stare back.

"What?" I ask.

"Did you know about this?" He asks and I shake my head.

"No Liam I didn't." He shakes his head and I felt myself flinch. "You don't believe me?"

"No, I don't and I really wish I did but I don't." I simply stare. "They're coming for her and I know you don't like that we have a history or that we've become friends-."

"I never said that! And sure I'm jealous but it doesn't mean I would put my friend in danger of a trap or worse use her as bait!" I cried but he just stares at me.

"I think we need a break." I kept my face clear of emotion even though inside was like a cyclone of emotion. "I don't believe you Pheebs and right now I can't deal with anymore lies." He turns around and shoves the chains back into the bag.

"Liam, we brought her here to protect her." Lydia says calmly but the pain of my breaking heart was all I could really feel.

"And now she's bait." He says.

"Am I?" Hayden asks now fully awake.

"No no ones bait, but we can't be body guards to everyone every night."

"Then why aren't we talking to stiles' dad? Why aren't we doing doing something better than hiding in a school." He says clearly angry, which was making me angry.

"Because we still don't know anything about them or what they want. Ok they're winning and we don't even know what the game is."

"What if they come in here and those things don't work?" He says waving at the things that parish made to stop the doctors. "What if you have an asthma attack again? What are we gonna do?"

"I don't know," Scott says.

"This plan sucks." Liam says.

"You got a better one?" He asks but my ex boyfriend says nothing. "Kids are dying and she's next. So someone has to something someone's got to save everyone so someone got to be the bait." He all but screams and Liam simply stares at him with a look while the alpha backs up.

I just stood there while Liam walks up and whispers to the a calmer Scott. "Scott, promise me you'll do everything you can to save her." It was then that I knew we were truly over. Touching my bracelet that Liam got me I choked back a sob and held back my tears. Looking up I found Hayden's eyes and she stared at me with sadness, she even took a step forward but I shook my head.

She goes to her bag and I felt her emotions change into panic. "Guys I think I might need a little right now. I've got a bottle in my locker, I can get them but-."

"I'll get them," Scott cut in and I was gonna speak up but a look passed through him and Liam and I knew he was trying to make it up to him. "What's your combination?" I moved back around the lockers and tried to keep my mind busy but my heart was in so much pain.

I felt Liam move behind me but I didn't want to talk, instead I walked away from him and to Lydia who was guarding the doors. "He should've been back by now," I said and she nodded.

"Stay here and guard the doors." I went to argue but she was already walking down the hallway. My phones buzzed and I pulled it out to see Cammi's ID.

"They're in the school, Phoebe you have to get out of there right now!" She screamed and I looked back to see Lydia on the ground and the dread doctors walking past her.

I didn't say anything before ending the call and closing the door. "Liam, Hayden you might want to hide." I said and they stare at me.

"Are you crazy?" Liam says and I look at him and shake my head.

"No, and I'm sorry." He looks at me confused before I pull out a sedative and inject it in him. He looked at me shock before collapsing to the ground. I look at a shocked Hayden. "He wasn't going to leave the room when I told him to run so here's the deal when I say so run." I pulled Liam's body into the shower room and cover him in a bunch of random clothes. Just then the door opened to reveal three masked men.

They walked towards us before stopping at one of the frequency machines. The one with the spear pulled it down and smashed it. "We are on a frequency you can't possibly imagine." He said.

"Yeah? Well imagine this," I pulled out my spear and attacked. I kept them at spear length and used my rage and pain to guide me. I saw an opening that Hayden could get through and out the door. "Run hayden!" And she did, without hesitation only to stop at the very end. She turns and stared at me just as I blocked s hit to my face. "What are you doing? Run."

A doctor caught my side with a punch and I went down. The last thing I saw was Hayden running towards me.

Comment
Vote
Rate
#

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

17.3K 594 36
What happens when what your family wants and what you want is different. Jenny has to juggle her family's wants to what she wants. And what if she ca...
117K 2.2K 16
Emma Bradley is back. After ending sophomore year by defeating the kanima, she had to leave Beacon Hills for her secret. Her sickness had forced her...
1.1K 23 12
Two months after the end of Season 3 and still healing from tragic losses (Allison, Boyd, Erica and Aiden), Scott, Stiles, Lydia and Kira return to a...
332K 102 6
This story continues where Letting Him Go left off. After Nick's death, Allie is left lost and heartbroken. Six months pregnant with daughter Ari, sh...