BOSS LOVE LESSONS [completed]

By mightygoat

Aomine Axton is smart, ruthless, arrogant and controlling. A CEO and a player who builds a hotel empire acros... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue
New story to check out!
NEW BOOK (LIMIT OF DEVOTION)

Chapter 31

89.1K 2.8K 186
By mightygoat

Aurora Atticus's POV

It's yet another week. Somehow, I dread working later-- actually, during the weekend. Because there's always that lingering feeling and lingering thoughts about Aomine. The thought where I will see him there. I should have known that I shouldn't even be thinking about him anymore since it's unfair to Zed, but the mind.... I couldn't stop it.

I walked and pass through the hotel, to get to the pool by passing through the garden when I saw my brother's ex-girlfriend-- Scarlett Annesley, standing with Zed. While sadly, my brother and her ended on a bad note because that brother of mine wanted to focus on his career and gave up on this amazing lady; Scarlett and I have remained in contact as friends. I remembered she called me few days back to let me know that she is coming back here for good, but totally pre-occupied with work and other unrelated things, I totally forgot about it.

I observed the two of them together.  Zed and Scarlett still looked like an awkward turtle whenever they are together. I never get the two of them, they barely talk at all even when my brother and Scarlett are together. Yet surprisingly, Zed and her have known each other since high school. Shouldn't they have a lot to talk about?

I was about to approached them when Scarlett started talking.

"I've missed you" She smiled to Zed. I stopped in my tracks and decided to continue and eavesdrop on their conversations.

Zed smiled, "How was life?" He asked, ignoring her question while she answered something inaudible for my ears. Though that nod probably means it's good. "... and you are still avoiding my 'i miss you'. You know, it's not easy forgetting my first crush" First crush? Could... Zed be her first crush? 

"Red...." Zed started, calling her by her nickname.

"No, it's okay. I totally know what you are going to say. I'm just thinking if I have really gotten over my first crush. I wonder..." She mused to herself. "Though I am glad you are not avoiding me... and at least you asked me something with three words" 

"Red..." Zed said again. "I am together with Aura now" 

Her face immediately changed-- as if she was surprised, like it was unexpected. "Oh" she forced a smile. "Thats... unexpected but... well, I am happy for you. I guess" She smiled, looking away.

"Thank you. So you are here to find Aura then?" Zed questioned and she nodded. 

"Aurora" A familiar voice jolted and startled me from the back. "Holy-!" I tripped by the safety barrier but ended in the hands of the caller-- Aomine. Of all times...

"Why are you behaving like you just got caught-" He said and looked around, until his eyes landed on Zed and Scarlett. "Oh, Zed and Red" He spoke.

"You know Scarlett?" I asked. Why is everyone connected? Is the world really that small?

"Zed, Red and I went to the same high school" He explained. 

"Oh right" So the three of them knew each other. That's interesting. But wait a minute...

Why am I talking to Aomine?... His lips on mine... The memories replayed instantly as I instantly bit on my lips. Don't think about it Aura! Stop!

He smirks. "Don't bite those lips Aurora, because believe me. I do want to kiss those lips" His eyes travelled down to my lips, "again" He finished as I slowly backed away from him and tripped on a stone that led me to fell right on my butt on that field of grass- that garden.

Aomine laughed at me, while I heard Zed called on to me. Why do I have the feeling of being caught?

"Aomine?" Scarlett called. "Oh my, it's really you! Saw you everywhere in the magazines but wow, never thought you'd grow up to be this ... well" She praised.

"Thank you, Red. Never thought you'd grow up to be this beautiful either" Aomine praised her. What the hell just happen? Seriously? Did he just-

Zed helped to pick me up, disrupting me off my thoughts. 

"Hey, if you three are free can you all accompany me for some coffee then? C'mon Aomine, I'm sure you'll spare Aura for awhile off her work. Wont' you?" She asked.

Aomine let a small smile. 

Why is he always smiling around Scarlett? This man. I hate to say this word but this man slut... I cursed in my mind.

"Why not? Shall we go, then?" He led the way, while the rest of us followed him. Why am I even being dragged into this? Is this karma for the words I said in the morning when I said I didn't want to go to work?  I groaned internally.

*************

"-I know, I remembered! Gosh, It's been way too long!" Scarlett equaled too excitedly. Sitting by the round table, Aomine and Scarlett sat together; while Zed and I are sitting across them. While I am liking this arrangement, I dislike it too at the same time. I don't even know why.

I sipped on my coffee while avoiding any eye contact with Aomine-- since he have been looking at me blatantly in the daylight even though Zed had noticed it. Amidst all the greetings and laughter that mostly Aomine and Scarlett are sharing, my eyes decided to look up and just at that right time, it happened to connect with Aomine's eyes. I immediately looked away, though, I could feel that he is smirking to himself after that.

"Oh and, do you know Zed and Aurora are a thing now? Aura's brother is my ex-boyfriend by the way" She shared. 

Suddenly, Aomine stopped laughing and smiling. "Yeah.. Yeah, I knew that" I caught a glimpse of Aomine out of the corner of my eyes  and is hit by a sudden wave of unknown emotions.

I really can't do this. All the guilt, all the memories... They are gushing back again. I need some air. 

I excused myself and decided to head to the washroom. While they don't exactly have the best air there, at least, it could cool me off my emotions. I leaned by the wall outside the washroom that turns out to be unisex inside the coffee shop since the washroom is currently occupied; and let out a sigh. 

"Hey" Aomine called out. It's him again. Why is he always around me?

I glared at him and took out my phone and played it in silence, ignoring him. 

"Hmm... you play this game too?" He peeked in and leaned in by the wall next to me. I continued to ignore him.

"Aurora, Are you really going to do this?" He asked and turns to stand over in front of me clearly annoyed at the situation; and I snapped back just the same. "Do what, Mr. Axton?"

"Pretend that I don't exist. Seriously? It's not going to work, Aurora"

"What do you mean?!" I questioned, still very much annoyed.

"I'm still going to continue to be in love with you even if you ignore me" He said.

Shit, I hate where this conversation is going. This isn't supposed to turn out this way.

"I'm going back. My pee just went back right in after seeing your face" I excused myself. Though I regretted the second part of the sentence I just said. Why did I even add that? Oh gosh, Aura. Sometimes my choice of words are really... top-notch.

"Glad I didn't make you wet right now, because you'd be in a mess. And I would have the responsibility to help you clear them" He said, clearly looking sarcastic.

Huh, what? What does he even mean by that? He doesn't have any responsibility to clean me up.. What is he even talking about- Never mind. It's alright, I don't even want to know. I walked back, flustered and confused, leaving him there; though-- he followed just right behind me.

The table are in an awkward silence when we are back; and it dawns on me that it was just both Zed and Scarlett there. It's no wonder.

Scarlett observes Aomine while he quietly made his way to sit beside her in a moody silence. 

"What happened to you? You look... weird. After coming back-" She exchange looks around the table; looking to see if we have any idea about it. Of course I do. Not sure about Zed though. 

"It's nothing" Aomine cleared his throat and answered her.

"Okay..." She trailed. "By the way Aomine, a friend of mine wanted to know if you're single. She'd like to know you and was hoping I could introduce you to her. Do you have girlfriend currently?" Scarlett asked and all eyes went on to Aomine suddenly. 

A part of me wanted him to outrightly reject her offer.... and another part of me. Just want to selfishly announce him as being mine. But... I couldn't. I have Zed. I can't.

"No, Red, I do not have a girlfriend now." Aomine answered, and I felt my heart stop.

*************

a/n

+270 votes for another chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.1K 349 22
She styles him for one photoshoot...and he doesn't take no for an answer. ↴ ❧ πŒπ€π„π•π„ π‘πŽπ’π„πππ‹πŽπŽπŒ is a small-town girl just trying to mak...
3.7M 18K 11
Meet Christina A. Cruz. Single. Simple. Incredibly Beautiful. She's the girl who possesses refined manners and right conduct_ well- disciplined, k...
7.1M 260K 60
Olive Montgomery, a hardworking and passionate girl who writes her own destiny. She lives her life to the fullest and won't fail to put a smile on yo...
499 111 28
Iris Astor, the heiress to multi-billionaire Company is the epitome of confidence and determination. She knows what she wants, and she's not afraid...