Welcome to Zootopia! (One Sho...

By talle2014

Zootopia A heaven like city that big dreamers go. Like Judy Hopps! It's also a place where... Well, has the m... More

(1) Another Day another Way
(2) Meeting More Than One Bunny
(4) Claw-strophobic
(5) Carrot
(6) Au Naturel
(7) The "it"
(8) Purple
(9) Midnight Meal
(10) Partners
(11) Nick-Namer
(12) Teeny Weeny
(13) It's Called a Hustle Sweetheart
(14) Key Trustee
(15) Savage for Nothing
(16) Restored
(17) Just Like Me
(18) Inner Primitivity
(19) Bonnie, Stu and a Fox
A/N

(3) Knock It Down

1.3K 39 2
By talle2014

3rd person P.O.V

Judy sighed contently as the music from her phone blasted into her apartment.

Over the course of a year, Judy found herself moving once more into a larger apartment.

Her first one was cosy but almost to small. The neighbours were loud and she could never have a spare moment to truly relax.

So, like a good friend should, Nick found her a new place which was closer to not only his own home but to the ZPD as well.

Judy admitted it was a nice change, being able to scream at the top of her lungs if she wanted with ought having to worry about waking neighbours up.

Nick would also drop in every once in a while, okay make that every day.

The two would always spend their time finishing paper work for the office then stay up watching movies until Nick would leave for home.

Most animals would point out the obvious fact that it was outstanding the two had gotten along.

Predators and prey had only recently become a normal thing but natural enemies? Not as much.

But still, Nick, being a fox and Judy, being a bunny, set aside those differences and never really bothered to talk about them.

It was only when her small alarm read 1:30 that Judy jumped from her comfortable position on her bed and started to tidy up the house.

She never liked a clutter of mess whenever someone was over, even if that meant Nick who would usually destroy the orderly house within seconds upon arrival.

Judy eventually found her earphones and plugged them into her phone, placing them in her ears and turning the volume down to one decibel.

That alone was loud enough, having a stronger sense in hearing, one decibel was very loud for a young bunny.

It was so loud, she didn't hear her front door knock until her favourite Gazelle song had stopped to change to a new one.

Quickly, the bunny hopped off her bed and bounded to the door, peering through the peep hole to see the familiar face of a fox.

With a click, the door opened and Nick entered the room. "Finally! You know how long I was waiting Carrots?" Nick exaggerated.

"Um two minutes?" Judy guessed, closing the door.

"More like a million minutes!" Nick exclaimed. "How come you didn't answer straight away?"

Judy brought her paper work to the dinner table and began to start as Nick brought his stuff over.

"Nah I couldn't hear ya- I was listening to some music!" Judy exclaimed, producing her phone with its earbuds and placing it on the table.

"Let me guess- Gazelle's latest album?" Nick smirked knowingly.

"What?! It has good songs! Clawhauster even got Cheif Bogo into it!" Judy exclaimed in defence.

"Yeah but if anyone hangs with that cheetah for long enough, they either get a migraine- which I'm surprised the chief doesn't have- or they become like him." Nick replied.

"Clawhauster isn't annoying!" Judy folded her arms.

"I never said annoying." Nick said.

"You implied it." Judy pointed it, scrolling though her phone for a new song to listen to.

"Alright then-" Nick grabbed her phone from her, "lets see what this song is all about." He took one of the ear buds and placed it into his ear and handed the other to his friend.

Judy rolled her eyes as she continued to work and listen to the music. Even with only one earbud, the song was fairly loud.

As for Nick, well, being a fox did have its perks but amazing hearing wasn't one of them.

It was a strain to listen to the music which was playing so quietly you could still have heard a pin drop.

It was a miracle that even Judy could hear it in his opinion. He pretended to listen and enjoy the song either way, filling out paper work and signing documents for their latest case.

Since the pair were partners at the ZPD, it made things a lot easier as it meant half the hustle.

The quiet music stopped which took Nick a while to realise had stopped.

"Well Carrots- I believe I was mistaken about that song." He lied, not wanting to hurt his friend's feelings.

"Told ya!" She grinned, hopping out of her chair. Nick turned to look at her.

"Woah where are you going?" He asked.

"Bathroom- do you need to know every detail? Do you need to know what I'm gonna do in there? Oh gosh if you say yes-"

"NO! Just got confused! Damn you bunnies are so over dramatic." Nick rolled his eyes as she left the room.

"Oh, and don't play the music while I'm gone!" She exclaimed as the bathroom door shut.

Nick looked at her phone and turned it on. One decibel?! They were listening to a song on ONE decibel?! No wonder he couldn't hear!

Nick pressed the little plus button in the side of the phone, turning it up to half way.

The music wasn't very loud still but surely it was louder than before.

Nick continued to finish up his work, stacking the papers and counting them as Judy returned, placing her ear bud in her ear and hitting the play button.

A violent tug of the ear buds caused Nick to jump in alarm. "AGH NICK!!!"

"What's wrong?! Carrots?! What's gotten into you?!" Nick worried.

"Nick!!! Did you turn the volume up or something?!" She yelped, rubbing her ear.

"Yeah I guess but it's only up to the fifth decibel! That's still so very quiet!" Nick reasoned.

Judy sighed and rubbed her ear which was still ringing from the loud explosion of Gazelle's "Try Everything".

"Nick... That was very loud for me!" Judy sighed. It took Nick a while to figure out what she had meant.

His eyes widened as he wrapped his friend in a hug. "I'm so sorry Judy! I completely forgot about your abnormal hearing senses!" Judy broke the hug off and punched Nick.

"That's for turning up the volume." She spat, hitting his chest.

"OW!" He yelled. "You bunnies are feisty."

"And that's for calling my hearing abnormal- all bunnies have it! It's like with you and your night vision stuff." Nick nodded as he rubbed his head which had just been hit again.

"OW! What was that one for?!" He called out.

"Calling me feisty." Judy smirked as Nick sighed.

"Look, I'm sorry Carrots, I completely forgot about your hearing abilities..." Nick winced at the expected slap that never came.

"It's cool... And I'm sorry to." She grinned. Nick frowned in confusion.

"Sorry? For what?" He asked, only to be met with a whack on the back."AGH! OW! HELP! KILLER RABBIT ON THE LOOSE!" Nick yelled as Judy hit him again.

"JUDY!" He called as she laughed.

"Okay no more." She said, hugging her friend. Nick sighed in relief as his friend separated the hug.

"How about we listen to the song with ought head phones hmm?" Nick asked her.

Judy looked at him. "Perhaps suggesting that BEFORE my ear gets busted would be the smart thing to do." She said.

Nick held his paws up in defence. "I didn't really think about it till now- sorry Carrots." Judy rolled her eyes as she pulled the cord out of her phone and hit play.

The music filled the apartment as she and Nick tidied up their reports, both really into their jobs and the song which Nick could finally agree was probably one of the best songs he had heard in a while.

While the fox and the bunny had their differences, they still managed to work their way around them- just like any pair of friends could.

And that's what made Judy and Nick unique.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18K 243 6
From the largest elephant to the smallest shrew, the city of Zootopia is a mammal metropolis where various animals live and thrive. When Judy Hopps a...
535 3 19
Welcome to Fictionopolis. A place where fictional characters of all franchise can just sit back, relax, and enjoy life to the fullest; it also the bi...
450K 12.8K 73
[BOOK 2 NOW INCLUDED] Nick Wilde is hopelessly in love with the magnificent Judy Hopps, and wants to claim her as his own. But it's not easy to be th...
5.3K 202 65
Vixy Wilde is the most happiest vixen in the world, with her family, her friends, her home, her work, she doesn't seem to have a problem in her past...