One Last Chance

By AFallensDesire

There are five packs in America and all soon to be alphas are 18. All females around their age are brought to... More

One Last Chance
Chapter One
Chapter two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two

Chapter Twenty Six

1.5K 67 3
By AFallensDesire

Enjoy, Comment, Vote! 

____________________________________________________________

Chapter 26

Ashton

I sighed heavily, pulling Belle closer to me out of instinct. Reece followed the motion and offered me a sad smile. I buried my head into her neck and she turned in my arms, hugging me back. I let her title my head up so that we were peering into each other’s eyes.

“It’s gonna be okay.” She breathed and I smiled, moving so that I could run my fingers over her lower lip. I couldn’t resist kissing her. She felt too sweet against my lips for me to be able to help myself.

“Wasn’t I supposed to say that?” I smiled when she giggled, and she put her arms around my neck as she kissed me again.

“I hate to say this, but they are not the type to wait. You’ll have to hurry over there, or they might be in even worse mood than they are right now. It doesn’t help you were supposed to be there, Ash.” He murmured, looking down.

I wanted to say it’s not his fault he had to break the news to us, but Maddie beat me to it as she burst out of the bathroom and pretty literally threw herself on him. Reece stumbled and fell again the wall. This didn’t faze Maddie in the least though as she proceeded to give him a kiss.  “It’s not your fault. We don’t blame you! Do we guys?” She sang, glaring at us for backup.

I chuckled. You could always count on Maddie to lighten the mood. “She’s right.” I sighed. “Besides, I really should have been there. I could have helped change their opinion.” I shrugged. “I can’t do anything now.”

I felt as if I failed her, but the feeling was scattered away when she smiled at me and put her hand on my cheek. I captured it there, ravishing in the way she made me feel just by touching me. “We’ll be okay.” She repeated, and the words drew a smile to my face.

“I’m all right as long as you’re by my side.” I breathed, and she blushed in response, rewarding me with a kiss. Maddie giggled and grinned like an idiot, catching hold of Reece’s hand and smiling at him softly. They had it easy at the moment. I almost felt jealous of them.

“We should go.” I finally said with a sigh. I hated the thought of leaving the safe small bubble we created around us, the one that allowed us to ignore reality. Hesitation flashed across Belle’s features for a split second before I gave her hand a gentle squeeze.

We made our way to the door when I realised Reece hadn’t made a move to join us. “Aren’t ya coming along, Reece?” I wondered , looking back to where they climbed onto the bed. He shook his head and offered me an apologetic smile.

“Only family and the Alphas allowed. We’re still not exactly Alphas so...” He shrugged. “I’m sorry I can’t be there with you.”

I smiled back at him. “Don’t worry, and keep Maddie company.” I said with a smirk. “Just try not to break the bed again.” I grinned and pulled laughing Belle out of the room before Maddie had a chance to shout at us.

She laughed for a couple more moments, but as we left the house both of us fell silent. It was easy talking about consequences, but it was a whole different matter facing them. If they decided to throw her out of the ceremony, and I followed her I wouldn’t only lose my title. I would be treated as if I died. There was no worse thing that an Alpha forsaking his own pack.

I sighed, closing my eyes. I knew my sister would find a way to sneak around the rules and see me, but would my parents even bother trying?

“Ash?” Belle whispered and I turned to face her, hiding away the pain. She didn’t buy it though. She stopped, catching both of my hands and turning me to face her. “If... if they decide to... and if it’s too hard for you, you should... I can’t ask you to...” She stumbled over her words, unable to properly say what she wanted. I could see it hurt her to say those things.

I kissed her, stopping her tantrum. “It’s okay Belle. It’s worth it.” I smiled a pained smile and tugged on her hands, begging her to resume walking while both of us still had the strength to face the Alphas head on.

I hesitated by the doors. Reluctant to finally put an end to that chapter of our lives. Belle smiled at me encouragingly and I pushed the doors open with a sigh. Alphas were scattered all around the room, every one of them seemed to have a different level of agitation on their face. The most livid one was Kyle, but it was hardly anything new.

I knew Belle’s family would be there. Her mother broke into crying the moment Belle stepped through the doors. But I was surprised to find my family there as well. My mother smiled at me encouragingly, and it gave me the strength I needed to finally get into the room.

“Ashton. Belle.” Kyle hissed as we entered, turning to face us. “We were waiting for you.”  His words were ominous on so many levels, but I ignored that as I pushed Belle behind me and faced his overwhelming presence.

“We are here now.” I said confidently, and I could see his eyes gleam dangerously as he took a step closer to us. I bit down on my lip, resisting the urge to growl at him. I could taste blood in my mouth as he got even closer to us.

He surprised me when he looked at Belle with something that I could only recognise as compassion. “Are you all right, Belle?” I almost laughed. Why bother asking if he didn’t really care in the first place?

“I’m okay, Alpha.” She muttered, looking to the floor. “Thank you for your concern.” He smiled nodding to her and motioning for us to take a seat on the couch. I hesitated for a second before taking Belle over to it and perching her next to me.

“Let’s start this.” Kyle announced and I heard Sydney snort. I couldn’t help but smirk. “Isabelle Night, daughter of my Beta, has recently been kidnapped. We are here to announce whether or not she can be allowed back into the mating ceremony after the events that took place during her capture.”

I almost gagged at his words. He was turning the whole deal into some official event of tremendous importance, when in reality all he had to do was say she was allowed back to the ceremony. I could tell my father wasn’t happy with him either as he growled and glared at the Alpha.

Kyle ignored him as he proceeded. “After taking everything into consideration we have decided on what shall be of her.” I growled this time, I wanted him to get over whit the whole chit chat and just tell us the decision. “She will be allowed to remain in Alpha competition under one condition.”

I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do first. Grin like an idiot and kiss her, twirling her around or rip his head off. They were treating her as if it was her fault she got kidnapped. “A condition?” Belle breathed, going pale.

I squeezed her hand and turned to Alpha, growling. “What is the meaning of this? None of this is her fault!” He glared at me, but other than that he ignored me entirely as he took a step toward Belle and looked her straight into her eye.

“Isabelle Night is to immediately renew her connection with her pack. Only if she agrees to do so, and once again obey all of the rules of our pack, accepting me as her pack leader, will she be allowed to remain in the mating ceremony.”

Isabelle

The silence that followed was so thick it threatened to choke me. All eyes were glued to me and Ash squeezed my hand.

Renew my connection to the pack? It was closed off for three years, opening it again would be a pain, I thought looking at the floor.

“Why should she have to when you were the one who closed it off?” Sid snapped.

Ash grinned at her and rounded on Kyle. “Yeah, why should she?”

He growled but said nothing. Sydney stalked forward and questioned. “Why should she be forced back into a pack that rejected her? Why should she be forced back in?”

“Sydney!” My mother gasped and I was shocked when Marie said nothing, neither scolding her child nor cheering her on. But I could see the way Marie glowered at Kyle that she agreed with her daughter.

“What? You were embarrassed of your daughter yet now you all suddenly want her back!?” Sydney scoffed. “That’s the biggest bullshit ever!”

“Young lady-,” Kyle began.

“No you listen,” she spat. “You don’t care about her! If you did then you wouldn’t force this on her and try to take her from my brother! She’s loved him for over four years! It was always him! Not Cameron and you can’t stand that!”

I flinched and took my hand from Ash’s as he went to stand by his sister in case she attacked Kyle. I’d never seen Sid like this before.

“She is my sister!” She roared. “You will not hurt her anymore!”

“Enough!” Kyle bellowed at her and took a step forward.

If this kept going the way it was, he would hit her and then Jordan would attack him. It would be total bloodshed. I couldn’t let that happen.

Seeing no other choice, I retreated back into my mind finding the locked and barred down bond that I’d clawed open before to save Maddie. I hesitated for just a moment before picking the locks open and flinging them away. My wolf tensed ready for the onslaught of emotions from the pack.

With the strength of my shields that door begins to dent and creak open. With a whoosh it flies free and I see the link to my pack. Gulping, I reach out and grasp it.

The combination of voices and feelings hit me hard and I barely feel the floor as I collapse under the pressure. My wolf howled as others brush to close to her.

Ugh, get off my bed! I screeched at Maddie through my newly formed bond. I didn’t like what I saw them doing.

Belle? GET OUT OF MY MIND! She screamed back.

GET OFF MY BED THEN!

Iz?

I stiffened slightly feeling his presence wash over me through the bond. My wolf huffed when we felt his and she stuck her nose up at him. She didn’t like him after what he’d done and hated me for kissing him. I couldn’t blame her; I had no idea what I was thinking.

Yo, I murmured and he chuckled through the bond. I felt my parents swarm over me, my mother overwhelming me with her worry and happiness and love, my father hovered nearby, a silent and protecting figure.

It was getting to be too much, the pack was overwhelming me with their greetings. My wolf was backing away not wanting to meet any of those who turned on us. I wish I could do the same but now that it was open I could never close the bond by myself. Not until I was mated to a different pack then my bond would shift to them.

Suddenly they were gone and the silence was just as bad.

I groaned and panted where I lay on the floor. Kyle and my parents hovered over me as I struggled into sitting position and smiled warily.

“There, done.”

“How d you feel? Are you alright?” Dad asked concern flowing through his eyes. I nodded and pinched the bridge of my nose.

“Fine, just a headache,” I muttered getting to my feet.

“You should have warned us,” Alpha Kyle chastised me with a frown.

I shrugged. “It’s done now.”

“It is,” he agreed with a smile. “Now return to your house and send Reece back here. We have more to discuss.”

“Like what?” Ash asked taking my hand.

“Like what to do in case of another attack and how to proceed with the ceremony.”

My parents and Ash’s family were shooed out of the house before me and I walked slowly back toward our house. I knew Ash would follow, probably before he did so I waited just within the tree line.

“You sure you’re OK?” he asked cupping my cheeks and looking me over.

“Yes,” I replied. “I just need sleep.”

“Alright, I’ll see you tomorrow. We’re going out for breakfast,” he declared and kissed me quickly before hurrying back into the house.

I touched my lips and smiled to myself as I walked back to the house. I banged loudly on my bedroom door before entering.

“Good, you’re dressed,” I smirked. “Reece you need to head back, alpha’s orders.”

He nodded and while I watched kissed Maddie once more before leaving. When he passed me he ruffled my hair and laughed when I growled in annoyance. Jumping on the bed I laid next to a grinning Maddie and fell asleep within moments.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

671K 15.5K 37
19 year old werewolf, Madeline Night has never had life handed to her. When her parents left her at the young age of 7 she learned quickly that she w...
9.7M 331K 46
(Completed) My back ran into the wood door as he held my arms at my side, my breath heavy and my knees weak. "Say it." He demanded. I shook my...
690K 22.3K 37
There once were two wolves who each lost a mate. Against all odds, they were brought together through an arrangement. Emerson, Alpha of the Ni...
222K 7.1K 35
We all know the cliche story about the girl whose mate is the alpha and she gets rejected then kidnapped and all of a sudden they are in love and hav...