What goes around, comes aroun...

By lovinghimonly

Thranduil chooses a bride for his son. A love story, featuring Legolas and Thranduil. The king of the... More

Unwanted guests
Falling in love with the wrong elleth
Nothing goes as planned
Legolas dishonest effort
Taking advantage of Tinnueth's habits
Mutual Yearning
The plan works
Thranduil discovers the deceit
An unexpected opponent
An unwise interrogation
Caught in the act
Drama in Mirkwood
Blessings
Discovering the truth
Breaking the spell
The ultimate plan
A moment of comfort
Kidnapped
A race against time
Lost and found
Back in the king's halls
Battling the darkness
Confessions
Supporting the desire of the Prince
A moment for reflection
Revenge is sweet
Of fear and longing
Love means ...
Coined for the first time
Thranduil's concerns
A special day
Daughter of star

Worries of The Heart

518 19 0
By lovinghimonly

"I could not sleep all night, "said Tinnueth softly.

Thranduil cupped her cheek with his hand and looked deep into her worried eyes.

"Why did not you come to me," he asked.

Tinnueth looked away from him and said nothing.

"Know that you can come at any time to me, even if it is in the middle of the night." Thranduil understood her concern and tried to soothe her. "This is my forest and I know its dangers better than anyone else," he said quietly. "I promise you that I will not do anything careless. I will return to you every night."

Tinnueth nodded silently.

Thranduil placed a kiss on her forehead and turned around. He went to his horse and gave a couple of commands before the elves left the halls of the woodland realm.

Tinnueth lowered her head and sighed softly as Esteleth put her hand on her shoulder. Together they went back into the halls of the king. Tinnueth sat on her settee and looked thoughtfully into the empty fireplace.

"Why do you worry so much," asked Esteleth, "The king is riding into his forest. He will return in the evening."

Tinnueth furrowed her brow, "Yes, but what can happen in the meantime?"

Esteleth could not understand Tinnueth's concern.

"Perhaps he will be injured," said Tinnueth, her voice shaking with excitement as she looked at Esteleth desperately. "Don't you worry about Legolas safety?"

"Don't you think that you are exaggerating with your fear," Esteleth asked cautiously.

"You do not know what is lurking in this forest. You were not there. Therefore, you can not understand my fear," replied Tinnueth.

Esteleth was speechless. She knew what had happened to Tinnueth. Although Tinnueth had never spoken to her about it, she had heard much from Legolas. Tinnueth's fear was justified. Esteleth had not given much thought about the reason why the elves rode into the forest. Legolas had told her, but Esteleth had never seen it as Tinnueth did. While she thought only that Legolas would come back in the evening and they could spend time together, Tinnueth was concerned about the safety of the king. She was afraid that he might get injured. Esteleth suddenly felt guilty. The same could happen to Legolas. She had said goodbye to Legolas with a smile, while Tinnueth concern for Thranduil had been written all over her face. Esteleth leaned back and stared at the ceiling. Why had she been so naive? Esteleth gazed to the window and waited that it would finally be evening.

*****

Galion had ultimately been able to convince Tinnueth to go to her chamber after she had been waiting for hours at the main gate for Thranduil's return. It was late evening when the guards at the gate heard the horses' hooves in the distance. Not long after the elves reached the halls of the woodland realm. Thranduil dismounted his horse and walked quickly over to Galion, who had been expecting him. The facial expression of the king told Galion that he was satisfied.

"I see you were successful," said Galion, when he accepted Thranduil's swords.

Thranduil nodded.

"Yes, we have come a long way. However, at the end of the day we encountered a pack of orcs. After we had killed them, we had to first ascertain whether they were the only orcs in this area before we started our way back. Legolas and the Captain of the guards will write a detailed report, which you will please submit to my Council later on."

Galion nodded and hesitated for a moment before he spoke.

"Tinnueth was here," he said.

Thranduil stopped and looked at Galion questioningly.

"She lingered for hours here at the gate until I could persuade her finally, to return to her chamber. She was worried about you."

Thranduil nodded silently and gave Galion his bow and quiver before he quickly went into the halls. He knew how hard it would be for her and hoped that it would get easier with time. It would take many weeks to achieve a lasting improvement in his forest.

Tinnueth sighed in relief as Thranduil entered her chamber. She walked quickly towards him. Her worried expression had left a horizontal crease on her forehead. He raised his hand and his fingers ran gently over it.

"I have come back, as I promised you," he said, before he smiled at her.

"It's so late," she replied anxiously as her gaze wandered over his armor.

Thranduil smiled and cupped her cheeks with his hands.

"I'm going to change my clothes and then I'll come back to you," he said, kissing her forehead.

Tinnueth sighed deeply when he had left her chamber. This day had sapped her energy and she was glad that Thranduil was now back. She sat on her settee, waiting that he would return.

*****

Legolas was very surprised when he did not find Esteleth in his chamber. He finally found in her room, her face sorrowful. The Prince was very surprised by her mood.

"Why are you so sad," he said.

Esteleth looked up at him.

"In my euphoria, I did not recognize the seriousness of the situation," she said regretfully. "I am ashamed that I had not worried about you, as Tinnueth worried about your father."

Legolas began to slowly shake his head as he took her hands in his.

"I understand Tinnueth's fears very well. But you need not be ashamed that you did not share her worry. We ride in the forest, ready to fight. We are well prepared for getting into an ambush. What we do, is much safer than to journey to Dale."

Esteleth looked at him doubtfully.

He raised her hands and kissed her knuckles before he stroked her cheek. His thumb ran over her furrowed brow and he kissed her forehead gently.

"Please believe me that it is relatively safe, what we do," he said.

"Relatively," said Esteleth amused.

He grinned, "We are accompanied not only by our guards. We have Lord Elrond and Lord Celeborn with us and Lady Galadriel. Although she carries no weapons with her, the power of the Lady of the light can have a devastating effect."

Esteleth smiled reassured, "I believe you," she said finally.

Legolas was relieved and went with her to the settee.

"It does not bother you that I wear my dirty armor," Legolas asked.

Esteleth ran her fingers over the cold steel and shook her head.

"No. I do not care what kind of clothes you wear and how you look," she replied with a grin.

Then she sat astride his lap and kissed him. Legolas returned her kiss passionately. The prince growled when someone knocked at the door. Esteleth stood abruptly and Legolas opened the door. A little later, Legolas turned to Esteleth and looked at her apologetically.

"I have to write a report for the council tonight, "he said, "Since it is already very late, I have to do this now."

Esteleth smiled at him and nodded. Situations like this happened daily. Legolas went over to her and gave her a peck on the lips before he left.

*****

Nine weeks had passed in which the elves rode daily out into the woods. The air had changed. It was cold and damp in the morning. Even the midday sun brought little warmth into the forest. The elves had made good progress and had established a new border, which was always guarded. The hard work had the advantage that it was quiet around the palace. Nothing stirred except the animals of the forest, which now lived in peace. Lord Elrond had returned a few days ago to Imladris. The first snow would soon fall in the mountains and thus make the high pass impassable.
Legolas had not ridden in recent weeks into the forest, because he had to fulfill his duties at the palace. Esteleth benefited from his presence, but Tinnueth felt often alone. However, she was not as afraid as she had been at the beginning, when the king left the palace in the morning. There had been a few injured elves, but the king had never been one of them.

She sat across from Legolas and wrote focused. The prince watched her closely and wondered how she had convinced his father to do this.

"What did you tell him," Legolas asked.

Tinnueth looked up at him, "What do you mean?"

"What did you tell my father that he allows you to work?"

"The truth," she replied.

"And what is the truth," Legolas asked curiously.

"I am feeling much better when I'm busy. Thranduil's gone all day and I want to feel useful."

"Do you know that he has forbidden Esteleth to help me," Legolas asked.

Tinnueth smiled at the prince.

"He has forbidden it," she asked, surprised.

Legolas nodded.

"Yes and Esteleth was not happy about it. All the more it surprised me when you came to help me. But now I understand the reason."

Legoals paused, watching her in silence for a few moments. Then he cleared his throat.

"Can I ask you how you feel," he asked cautiously.

Tinnueth placed the quill on the desk and leaned back in her chair.

"I feel better. However, I often have nightmares. They are very real. Your father is always by my side when I need him. To know this is reassuring."

She looked at her battered hand and bit her lower lip.

"The missing finger is the worst. I feel incomplete."

Legolas looked at Tinnueth worriedly.

"Don't you feel better now that my father is by your side," he asked concerned.

Tinnueth thought briefly about Legolas' question before answering.

"It is different but," she paused for a moment and sighed, "He is there for me, but it is different than I had imagined."

Legolas nodded gravely.

"I think I know what you mean. Your bond is not yet complete. Do not worry too much, Tinnueth. Firstly, it will be different soon. My father will remain the whole winter in the palace. Secondly, everything will change fundamental when you get married. You're going to physically unite and thus you too will feel whole again."

Tinnueth blushed, "But it will not bring back my finger," she said softly.

"My father feels complete and you will share this feeling with him. Trust me, it will be as I say."

Tinnueth nodded slowly and looked at the prince thoughtfully, while she rubbed the scar on her hand.

"I hope that it will be so," she said with a sigh.

She took the quill again in her hand and began to write. Suddenly she stopped.

"Legolas, what are you doing here in the winter?"

The prince raised an eyebrow and looked at her smiling.

"Not much. It snows a lot, and little scum travels in the winter through our forest. Since we have a new border and there is no danger, we will spend plenty of time in the woods. And we celebrate various festivals in the winter time."

Tinnueth's eyes lit up and she smiled before she continued to write. The idea to go out in the woods, lifted her spirits.

A soft knock received both elves attention.

Esteleth came into the study and walked toward Legolas while grinning at Tinnueth.
Tinnueth observed as Esteleth stroked Legolas chest while she stood behind him and whispered something in his ear. The prince grinned and Tinnueth suddenly had the feeling that she should leave them alone. She stood up and left the study. As the door closed Legolas pulled Esteleth in his lap.

"You should not do this when we are not alone," he said sternly, while his hands ran down her waist.

"Are you telling me that you did not like it," she asked, as she intertwined her hands behind his neck and leaned towards him. Legolas kissed her boldly and pulled her closer to him.

"Of course I like it," Legolas said with a grin.

*****

Tinnueth sat in front of her fireplace and stared into the flames. She pulled the blanket tighter around her petite body, waiting for the evening. She and Thranduil spent despite his all-day absence a lot of time together. Nevertheless, she sometimes wondered what he felt for her. When she saw Esteleth and Legolas together, she was very conscious about how he looked at her and how they touched each other. In their touch Tinnueth clearly recognized a longing which both felt for each other. Thranduil had never looked at her that way. He had never touched Tinnueth in such a manner and she wondered why.

Night descended over the forest and the fire in the fireplace was extinguished. Tinnueth listened attentively and turned her head when she heard steps, which quickly approached her door.
Legolas entered her chamber without knocking, his expression worried.

"They have come back," he said.

Tinnueth rose slowly and looked at him frightened.

"Why did he not come to me," she asked.

"My father was injured," said the Prince.

Tinnueth leaned against the settee to keep from falling. That was exactly what she had feared all the time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

556K 21.6K 38
"What are you?" "Your lover my prince". Legolas x male oc Book 1 in the 'Luin the Blue' trilogy.
1K 12 10
A sequel to The Beginnings of a Prince set three years after Loraine's death. Thranduil has done his best raising Legolas on his own and is happy to...
1.2K 123 35
love story and the beginning of everything. Thranduil, and his nameless wife, but remain in his heart forever. the reason he decided to go to war aga...
36K 789 22
This story is all about legolas a charming handsome young elf prince who is full of love and compassion... Until one day he meets the love of his lif...