What goes around, comes aroun...

Da lovinghimonly

Thranduil chooses a bride for his son. A love story, featuring Legolas and Thranduil. The king of the... Altro

Unwanted guests
Falling in love with the wrong elleth
Nothing goes as planned
Legolas dishonest effort
Taking advantage of Tinnueth's habits
Mutual Yearning
The plan works
Thranduil discovers the deceit
An unexpected opponent
An unwise interrogation
Caught in the act
Drama in Mirkwood
Blessings
Discovering the truth
Breaking the spell
The ultimate plan
A moment of comfort
Kidnapped
A race against time
Lost and found
Back in the king's halls
Battling the darkness
Confessions
Supporting the desire of the Prince
A moment for reflection
Worries of The Heart
Of fear and longing
Love means ...
Coined for the first time
Thranduil's concerns
A special day
Daughter of star

Revenge is sweet

553 23 2
Da lovinghimonly

Legolas was nervous. His thoughts revolved only around the words of his father. From the moment when he had entered the great hall, he felt that everyone was staring at him. His gaze was fixed on the ground as he followed his father to the center of the hall.

Elrond had awaited their arrival, and looked the king questioningly.

"Is Legolas having second thoughts," he inquired, while he gazed at the prince.

Thranduil smirked and remained silent. It amused him to see his son's embarrassment. It has been a long time since he had last seen Legolas like that. But then the king's smirk disappeared and he scowled regretfully. He was playing with Legolas' feelings on his special day. His son had been so eager to share this auspicious occasion with him, but now Thranduil was ruining it. He gazed at Legolas before he turned to him.

"Legolas, please don't take my words too serious. It was not entirely true what I had said. No one except your father and mother can notice the fine traits of lust which linger in your aura."

Legolas gazed at his father and frowned.

"Do you know that I believed any of your words," he said, feeling relieved.

Now Thranduil felt even guiltier than before.

"I know. That's why I thought it would be best, if I ended your ordeal."

Legolas grinned now and rubbed his forehead with his hand.

"Do you realize that I could take revenge?"

Thranduil chuckled and wondered if Legolas might be serious.

"You would not fool around with my old father," he asked cautiously.

"If you do fool around with your only son on a day like this, then you have put yourself at risk."

Thranduil smiled and his gaze traveled through the large hall. His eyes widened when he spotted their guests.

"Here come our future relatives," he remarked, with a smile on his lips.

The prince gazed towards the end of the hall where he spotted the two families, who had just entered the large hall. Legolas took a deep breath and straightened his back. In his mind, the engagement was already over and Legolas was alone with Esteleth. He gazed at his father who stood next to him. Thranduil's hands were clasped behind his back and he observed the elves.

"Ada, how long must we remain at the festivities?"

Thranduil immediately understood the reason for Legolas' question.

"Until sun rise, I guess."

Legolas' head whipped around and he frowned. Thranduil gave him a side glance and remarked, "That counts for you and Esteleth. I and Tinnueth however, will leave the celebrations soon."

Thranduil could not suppress his smirk. He could swear that he saw envy in his son's eyes. Legolas remained quiet.

"Believe me my son, if could change the past, I would do so. I would rather spend a thousand nights with Tinnueth, celebrating our betrothal until sunrise, than bringing her back to her chamber tonight. It's her poor health which will force us to leave the celebration earlier."

Legolas saw the pain in his father's eyes and nodded silently. His father was right. Tinnueth needed rest. His gaze wandered to Esteleth's family and Legolas was glad, that she had not gone through the ordeal, which Tinnueth had been through. The prince watched as they approached and his attention fell on Tinnueth's family. They were obviously happy but Legolas could see that beneath their smiles was still the shock and fear which they had experienced.

-----

Tinnueth stared at her reflection in the mirror. She marveled how fast the ellith's had sewn her gown, which looked absolutely stunning. Tinnueth turned her head and looked over her shoulder at Esteleth, who stood behind her.

"If someone had told me a year ago that this would happen, I would not have believed it," Tinnueth said, with a smile on her lips.

Esteleth nodded silently. She was still flustered by the sudden change in her own life.

Tinnueth sighed.

"Shall we go," she asked.

"Yes, let's go."

Together they left her chamber. The guards at the door escorted them to the hall. Butterflies fluttered in their tummies when they approached the large hall. They held each others hands and approached the center where Thranduil and Legolas waited. Thranduil took a step towards Tinnueth and took hold of her hand. Her form reflected in his eyes which shone with the warmth of love. He lifted her hand and kissed her knuckles before he spoke.

"You look beautiful tonight".

Tinnueth smiled and tried not to blush, what was not possible. She noticed that the attention of the elves was directed toward them and found it rather strange to be in the center of attention.

"When I think back to our first argument, I must admit that I never thought that we could have something in common," she said with a smile.

Thranduil smirked at her.

"Nevertheless, I was right," said Thranduil. "And don't you try to convince me otherwise."

She smiled and leaned against him. Lord Elrond was ready and shared a meaningful glance with the king. They would be betrothed first, followed by Legolas and Esteleth. After that the other elven couples would have their ceremony.

"It's time," Thranduil whispered.

He looked at Tinnueth, who took a deep breath. Her smile wavered and she seemed to be nervous. They stepped forward and it became quiet in the large hall. Tinnueth's heart pounded so loud within her chest that she believed that everyone present could certainly hear it. Then she felt a warm and calm energy spread into her being. She gazed at the king's hand which held hers. Thranduil squeezed her hand gently and she saw the smile which played on his lips. Elrond cleared his throat and began the first betrothal speech of the night.
Tinnueth's body and mind were filled with the king's soothing energy which helped her to relax. He had reached out to her fëa, many times in this way, while she had been in the darkness. But now she felt his energy much more intense. It was strong, bright and beautiful. She had needed it while she had been in the dark, and now she needed it to remain in the light. Elrond brought forth the rings and Thranduil spoke his vows, followed by Tinnueth. Then he slid a ring onto her slender finger. Tinnueth's brows furrowed suddenly as she gazed at her hand. In her mind flashed pictures of the battle in which she had lost her finger. The empty space on her hand disturbed her suddenly. Thranduil understood her problem and clasped his hand around hers and covered the empty space with his own finger.
Tinnueth looked at him and a tear rolled down her cheek. Thranduil caught it mid way and wiped it away. She took the other ring from Elrond and slid it onto Thranduil's finger. His hands were so large, his fingers slender but rich in strength. Their eyes met and Thranduil kissed Tinnueth's brow before they stepped aside, making way for the prince and his beloved. Tinnueth's watched as Legolas and Esteleth exchanged their vows and rings. Her heart felt so glad in this moment. She took part in one of the most beautiful moments of her friend's life. Esteleth eyes sparkled with happiness when she glanced shortly at Tinnueth.

Then Legolas kissed Esteleth and Tinnueth was greatly surprised by the prince's public demonstration of affection. Thranduil smirked before he cleared his throat loud enough for everyone to hear. Legolas did not break their kiss and some elves began to chuckle. Tinnueth stared at them wide eyed. It was unusual that elves kissed in public, especially in such way. When Legolas finally broke their kiss Esteleth was deeply blushed and gasped for air.

"You should have warned me," she whispered breathlessly.

The prince smiled widely and led Esteleth to the side.

"Since when do you need a warning," he whispered back, "This wasn't the first time that we have kissed like that."

The long and exhausted sigh of Tinnueth caused Thranduil's attention to drift away from the ceremony.

"It's best if we go now. You need rest," he said in a low voice.

Tinnueth nodded and Thranduil took hold of her hand and led her out of the hall. The cool night air surrounded them as they walked towards their chambers. Thranduil placed his arm around her shoulders and pulled her closer. Tinnueth sighed when she finally walked inside her chamber. She walked over to the bed and lied down immediately.
Thranduil stood in the doorway and watched her silently for a few moments before he went into her chamber. He closed the door quietly and approached the bed. Her breathing was calm and he hesitated for a moment before he sat down at the foot of the bed. Thranduil removed her shoes and placed them onto the floor before he took her blanket. Then he covered Tinnueth and placed a kiss on her temple. When he stepped inside the corridor, he pondered briefly about the direction which he should take before he walked down the corridor. Thranduil decided to return to the celebration. Tinnueth was fast asleep and did not need him.

The ceremonies were over when Thranduil went into the large hall for the second time that evening. He strolled over to the long table where he sat beside Elrond. The Lord of Imladris did not hide his delight when he noticed Thranduil's presence.

"I did not expect you to return tonight," he said.

Thranduil gazed at him for a moment before he took his goblet of wine.

"Neither did I," he replied, as he let the wine swirl in the goblet. "Tinnueth is asleep and I thought I should celebrate this day with my subjects."

Elrond nodded and observed the king.

"Have you considered to celebrate this festival more often in your halls," he asked cautiously.

Thranduil grumbled something inaudible, before he gave Elrond his full attention.

"I'd rather discuss other matters tonight. Let us speak about the cleansing of my forest. To be honest, I will marry an elleth, which enjoyed the freedom of strolling through her father's woods. She was unarmed, unprotected and nothing bad happened."

He paused briefly before he continued, "I will never allow Tinnueth do do the same here, even if my realm should resemble Valinor in beauty and safety."

Elrond stared wide eyed at Thranduil, who readied himself to explain further.

"I know that I can not imprison her. But even if my forest was freed of all the filthy creatures, I would always have her guarded. I would never underestimate this world and its perils, after I witnessed the fate your wife suffered."

Elrond's expression became momentarily sad.

"I fear that Tinnueth will feel imprisoned in my kingdom. That's why I'm trying to find a solution to the problem. Despite my initial dislike of these festival, I am willing to discuss this topic at a later time."

Elrond was astonished on Thranduil's diplomatic viewpoint.

"I understand you more than anyone else. Tomorrow the celebrations will continue. Let us discuss the details on the day after that. I am sure that Galadriel and Celeborn will agree."

They gazed over to Galadriel, who nodded briefly.

"You see, that's done," said Elrond, sounding rather pleased.

"I can not understand how you can live with the fact that Galadriel knows your thoughts," said Thranduil and shook his head.

Elrond turned to Thranduil and appeared rather amused by his remark.

"How can you be sure that she does not know your thoughts," asked Elrond.

Thranduil eyes widened and his glance wandered once again to Galadriel who smiled at him with that kind of secrecy which he hated more than anything. Thranduil felt awkward and leaned back in his chair. He tried not to think, however, he did not succeed. How? Was it possible? Could she really...? Thranduil tried to control his thoughts what was surprisingly difficult.
He began to tap his goblet onto the table and received not only Elrond's full attention. That was an rather unpleasant idea. Who knew what she had found? He never knew that he was an open book to her. Oh, how he hated that fact. Thranduil glanced at Galadriel who was leaning closer to her husband, whispering something, while her eyes were fixed on Thranduil. He felt trapped, a feeling that he loathed. The longer he sat there idly, the worse he felt. Why had he always assumed that Galadriel could read only Elrond's mind? Why had he never thought about the possibility that Galadriel knew more about him, than he would divulge? Thranduil's train of thoughts was abruptly interrupted by his son, who sat next to him. Legolas grinned at Elrond before he grabbed a goblet of wine and drained it with a few gulps.

"How does it feel, ada," he asked.

Thranduil turned towards his son, who smirked at him.

"I beg your pardon," Thranduil said, sounding rather irritated.

Legolas leaned closer to him.

"How does it feel? It's rather uncomfortable, isn't it?"

Thranduil furrowed his brows and gazed at his son with great attention. What was Legolas implying? Then his eyes widened and he arched a brow.

"You didn't. You wouldn't do that."

Legolas laughed out and refilled his goblet.

"Ada, I told you less than two hours ago, that I could take revenge. We are even."

Thus the prince stood up and left his dumbfounded father behind.

"You bastards," Thranduil said, as his gaze wandered from Galadriel to Elrond. "You discussed this while I was gone, didn't you?"

"Of course. What did you think, why we were so delighted when you came back?" Elrond smiled and took a sip of his wine. "Thranduil, you should never underestimate your son - nor us."

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

964 25 12
This is a baby Legolas fanfic meant to make some kind of guess as to his past. A set of stories telling of Legolas's beginnings from birth to the dea...
21.7K 797 63
Young Thranduil brings back Aerneth to Doriath as his wife, making his abusive father furious. Through the Ages their hasty marriage is shadowed by w...
1K 12 10
A sequel to The Beginnings of a Prince set three years after Loraine's death. Thranduil has done his best raising Legolas on his own and is happy to...
11.7K 344 40
Fanfiction about a younger Thranduil and how he met Legolas' mother.