It Only Takes Once

By Its_Imani

Shakayln Smith, a 26 year old lawyer, goes out one night in three years and finds herself pregnant by kingpin... More

It Only Takes Once (Chapter 1)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 2)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 3)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 4)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 5)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 6)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 7)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 9)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 10)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 11)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 12)
Attention!!
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 13)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 14)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 15)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 16)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 17)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 18)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 19)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 20)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 21)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 22)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 23)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 24)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 25)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 26)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 27)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 28)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 29)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 30)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 31)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 32)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 33)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 34)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 35)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 36)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 37)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 38)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 39)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 40)
It Only Takes Once (Epilogue Part I)
It Only Takes Once (Epilogue Part II)
It Only Takes Once (Epilouge Part III)

It Only Takes Once (Chapter 8)

249K 4.4K 833
By Its_Imani

"Shakalyn can you iron my pants?" Khadarious asked coming into the guest room I slept in last night. I was putting on Cocoa Butter before getting dressed for church.

"Hell no" I said simply before putting the bottle of lotion on the dresser.

"Are you really still mad about last night?" He asked smacking his lips "I said I was sorry" He said shrugging his shoulders.

"No you didn't, you told me to get over it and come to bed" I argued while standing up to put on my black and white stripped Maxi skirt.

"Same thing, you knew what I meant" He said shrugging his shoulders again.

"Whatever" I said rolling my eyes before stepping into my skirt.

"I'm sorry Shakayln" He said walking towards me.

"For?" I asked folding my arms over my chest

"Being rude" He mumbled rolling his eyes

"Thank you, that wasn't so hard was it" I said cocking my head to the side.

"Hell yeah it was, I'm not the type of nigga to apologize" He said coming and sitting on the bed.

"Well you are now" I said kissing the top of his head before leaving the room to go get the iron and ironing board.

"Thanks babe" He said kissing me on my nose before kissing my lips.

"You're welcome, now hurry before we're late" I said patting his butt before shooing him out of the room so I could finish getting ready.

On the way to and from church Khadarious held my hand and during church his arm was around my waist the whole time.

After church we all went out to eat at this Italian restaurant. "So where's the wedding, we don't know any details all we know is, is that ya'll are getting married August 25." Shakayla complained looking at me.

"Well we weren't going to do anything special. Just go to the courthouse and then maybe a reception" I said shrugging my shoulders before taking a bite of my breadstick.

"Why the hell not?" Kamile asked wrinkling up her face.

"Too short of notice" I said simply

"Fine, do what you want" She said huffing making me laugh. The rest of dinner went great; we talked about the babies and motherhood.

"Goodnight Khadarious" I said kissing the top of his head.

"What you mean goodnight?" He asked scrunching up his face. "It's only three in the afternoon" He said pointing to the watch on his wrist that I bought him.

"I'm tired, you know I gotta get in my Sunday nap" I said laughing

"No, stay up with me. You can sleep later, come watch a movie with me or something" He said pulling me down in his lap.

"But I'm sleepy" I whined

"You can sleep later" He said kissing my neck

"Ugh fine" I groaned

"Okay let's have sex, I'm horny as fuck and you wouldn't let me get none last night" He said trying to take my top off.

"Nope, I'm holding out until we get married" I said shaking my head.

"You serious?" He asked raising his eyebrow up at me.

"Yes I'm serious Khadarious" I said laughing after I saw the look he had on his face. "Come on, let's go.watch a movie" I said getting off his lap and leading him to movie theatre that was on the second floor of the house.

"What you wanna watch?" I asked flipping through the movie collection on Netflix.

"Your titties bouncing while you-" He said biting his lip

"Khadarious!" I yelled before slapping his chest "You're gross" I said scrunching up my face.

"Shut up" He said kissing me.

After a while of debating on what movie to watch we finally decided on 'Temptation. After we finished watching 'Temptation' Khadarious wanted to watch '42'. When that was over we decided to eat something then we would watch one more movie together before going to bed. We made taco's, mexican rice, and refried beans together. When the food was done we headed back to the media room with our plates and drinks.

While we were making the food it started raining but I didn't think anything if it. We weren't twenty minutes into watching 'Madea's Big Happy Family' when it started thundering and lightning.

"Oh God" I groaned while pulling my knees up to my chest.

"What's wrong?" Khadarious asked raising an eyebrow at me

"I hate thunder and lightning, especially when the lights go out" I said looking at him.

"Come on, you too tough to be scared of a lil thunder and lightning" He said bumping his shoulder with mine.

"Appearently not" I mumbled before jumping at the sound of loud crackling thunder.

"Come here big baby" He said opening his arms up to me when another rumble of thunder hit.

I immediately went and sat in his lap, he wrapped his arms around me and we continued watching the movie. A couple minutes later the lights started flickering and the roaring sound of thunder increased causing my heart rate to sky rocket.

"Ahhhhh" I screamed when there was a loud boom and finally the electricity shut off leaving us in total darkness.

"Shakayln shut up, I'm right here" Khadarious said laughing.

"I know but that doesn't change the fact that it's dark" I said trying to get my eyes accustomed to the light.

"Okay, but quit all that hollering" He said kissing the back of my head.

"I guess we should go to bed then" I said about to get out of his lap.

"Noooo let's stay up" He whined pulling me back down on his lap.

"And do what Khadarious?" I questioned raising my eyebrow although he couldn't see me.

"Let's play a game" He suggested

"What kind of game?" I asked confused. "Ooooh we can play truth or dare" I said grinning.

"Alright, but Imma go get some flashlights from the work room. I'll be back" He said placing me in the seat he was sitting in.

"No, don't leave me here" I whined hurrying to get up to follow him in the darkness.

"Scary ass" He said. I padded my way to him and jumped on his back.

"Okay, so is it true that you lost your virginity when you were 16?" I asked

"Hell no, I lost it on my eleventh birthday" He said laughing. My jaw dropped and my eyes got wide.

"Oh my God, I wasn't even thinking about boys let alone sex at the age of eleven" I said shaking my head. We were seated on the floor across from each other using candles, our phones, and flashlights for light.

"Good, when did you lose your virginity?" He asked crossing his legs at his ankles.

"Well I lost it half-way when I was 17 but then I fully lost it when I was 21" I said nodding my head

"What you mean half-way?" He asked with a smirk on his face.

"I only let him put the tip in" I said shrugging. Moments later Khadarious busted out laughing.

"What's funny?" I asked crossing my arms across my chest and raising my eyebrow at him.

"Nothing, I was just thinking about the first time we had sex. You was hollering and digging holes in my back and I didn't even have the tip in. He said before laughing again.

"That's not funny" I said rolling my eyes. "In my defense I hadn't had sex in three years and who I was with wasn't all that" I said making him grin at me.

"Who was it?" He asked after minutes if silence between us.

"Who?" I asked confused

"The person who took your virginity" He said keeping eye contact with me.

"My ex boyfriend, Byron" I said rolling my eyes at the thought of him.

"Ain't that the dude Rodney was telling me about? You bleached his clothes and keyed his Benz or some crazy shit like that" Khadarious said laughing.

"Yeah that's him" I said laughing to myself

"What happened between ya'll anyway?" He asked cocking his head to the side.

"He cheated on me with my best friend" I said leaving out certain details of the story on purpose.

"That's fucked up, how long were ya'll together"

"We got togther my sophomore year in high school and broke up just before my junior year of college" I said pickinfmg at my nails.

"I bet you loved him huh?" He asked after a brief moment of silence between us.

"Yeah I did, but ebough about me. What about you, any ex girlfriends I should know about?" I asked him

"Naw, never been a relationship type of guy, fuck em and duck em" He said shrugging his shoulders

"What about Rayne?" I asked. For a moment there was a look in his eyes but it was gone before I could even decipher the emotion.

"Like I said before, fuck em and duck em" He said looking at me.

"So you had sex with her?" I asked cocking my head to the side and biting on the inside of my cheek.

"Yeah, plenty of times but it's been a while" He said with ease

"How long ago?"

"Like two weeks ago" He said making my eyes almost pop out of there sockets. We were together two weeks ago!!!!

"Babe what's wrong?" Khadarious asked coming into the room with me. The power was still out and I was about to take a bubble bath to relieve the stress and tension in my body. I was irritated as hell and I just wanted to get away from Khadarious but everywhere I would go, his ass would follow.

"Nothing" I said simply before putting my silk robe over my naked body, grabbing my phone and heading towards the bathroom.

I closed and locked the door so I wouldn't be interrupted, then I filled the jacuzzi tub with hot water and my favorite body wash. I lit some scented candles for light and relaxation purposes and then I turned my Pandora station onto my Melanie Fiona station and let the calmness over take me.

I woke up to loud banging in the bathroom door. I sat up in the lukewarm water and looked down at my wrinkled skin.

"Shakayln" Khadarious yelled from the other side of the door breaking me out of my thoughts.

"What?" I asked in a hoarse voice

"You alright in there, you've been in there for almost two hours" He said while I was draining the tub.

"I'm fine, I'm coming out now" I said before getting the black plush towel from the counter and drying my body off with it.

I blew out the candles and got my phone before walking back into the bedroom. I walked to my closet in search of sleepwear; I put on a pink and purple matching bra and panty set before slipping on an oversized t shirt, I put on a pair of knee high Batman socks and threw my hair up in a ponytail.

"Goodnight babe" Khadarious said attaching his body to mine. He put his face in the crook of my neck before placing his hand on my stomach and rubbing small circles.

"Goodnight" I mumbled before scooting closer to his touch, although I was pissed off at him earlier God knows I can't resist him or his touch.

Vote

Comment

Follow

Share

Greatly Appreciated ♥♥♥

They're getting married in the next chapter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also the epilouge for "Trust Issues" is now up so now ya'll can leave me the hell alone about updating lol. The sequel "Trust Isn't The Only Issue" will be posted in September.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 89 5
Who knew being in the arms of the one you love would cause a person so much pain?
Blanks By Jen

Fanfiction

5.6K 796 16
Based off the one shot by the same title. Andy and Mel Barber have the perfect family life with Mel having her stepson Jacob and everything in their...
694K 15.8K 42
19 Year Old Nina Is Fresh Out Of High School, On Her Way To College To Get Her Associate's Degrees She Only Have Her Grandad Who Is Fighting Lung Can...
855 22 20
Candy Love 24 years old had had her fair share of relationships. She now understands why people say love hurts. Her ex and many other people in her l...