What goes around, comes aroun...

Av lovinghimonly

Thranduil chooses a bride for his son. A love story, featuring Legolas and Thranduil. The king of the... Mer

Unwanted guests
Falling in love with the wrong elleth
Legolas dishonest effort
Taking advantage of Tinnueth's habits
Mutual Yearning
The plan works
Thranduil discovers the deceit
An unexpected opponent
An unwise interrogation
Caught in the act
Drama in Mirkwood
Blessings
Discovering the truth
Breaking the spell
The ultimate plan
A moment of comfort
Kidnapped
A race against time
Lost and found
Back in the king's halls
Battling the darkness
Confessions
Supporting the desire of the Prince
A moment for reflection
Revenge is sweet
Worries of The Heart
Of fear and longing
Love means ...
Coined for the first time
Thranduil's concerns
A special day
Daughter of star

Nothing goes as planned

1.6K 37 7
Av lovinghimonly

Thranduil turned around and saw his son approaching them. He looked at Belegur and Istor proudly.

"This is my son, Legolas."

Belegur pulled Legolas in an unexpected embrace.

"You look just like your father and it seems that you are as much of a warrior as he is. Your body is strong and your muscles are trained."

Legolas was overcome with pride on hearing these words. He only hoped that the beautiful elleth standing close by had heard them, too. Legolas was greeted by Istor in a similar manner. He embraced the prince and eyed him closely.

"We have already heard many tales of your brave deeds during the War of the Ring. I am very much looking forward to hearing your own version of the dark war."

Legolas smiled at him and nodded. "If time should permit it, I will gladly tell you about the war which destroyed the darkness once and for all."

Thranduil had kept an eye on the two young elleth and now turned towards Belegur.

"Let us lead you to the chambers that have been arranged for your stay here. You must be weary from you long journey."

The king led them into his halls and his guests were amazed by their beauty. When everyone was accommodated in their chambers, they began to assemble in the king's private dining room. Everything had been arranged and Legolas found the opportunity to introduce himself to the sons of the two lords. He was pleased that he would enjoy their company for the following months. They were all well educated and had unique features. Legolas, joyous to be around them, sat at the table and soon the young ellyn were engaged in a conversation.

Thranduil was talking with Belegur and Istor while the ellith were the last ones to arrive. First Riniel and Galliel walked into the dining room and took their seats. Within minutes after their mothers' appearance, Tinnueth and Esteleth arrived. They were smiling at each other and speaking in hushed voices. Legolas was sitting at the table, listening with great interest to the tales of the elven settlements in the north. When the doors opened, he noticed the two young ellith walking into the dining room.

His attention to the conversation waned as Legolas' eyes drank in her beauty. He felt his whole being attracted to her. She was now wearing a light yellow dress with small flower patterns embroidered on its sleeves. Her eyes were glittering with delight. Legolas noticed that the pace of his heart had quickened when she had entered the room. He would not mind to sit all night and watch her every move and listen to every word she spoke. The enthralled prince could not take his eyes off her. A faint smile graced his thin lips and his heart was carried away by her glowing presence.

When everyone was seated, Thranduil spoke a few words before they began to eat. Legolas was so enchanted by the young elleth that he did not even pay attention to what he was eating. For him the festival had paid off already. He was absolutely satisfied. It would be easy to fulfill his father's wish. He hoped that the elleth would develop a similar feeling for him as he already felt for her.

Esteleth and Tinnueth did not notice Legolas' stares. Quite fatigued and hungry after their long journey, they ate and talked of the dark forest, in which they would spend their days for the following months. Mirkwood still lived up to its name. A part of it remained dark and dangerous, and the Mirkwood elves were still fighting hard against the remnants of the vile influence which had been lying upon the forest for thousands of years. It was a slow, yet definite process. They had freed large areas around the palace from unwanted inhabitants over the last decades.

Thranduil was deeply absorbed by his conversation with Belegur and Istor. The latter were aware of the purpose of the festival and Thranduil hoped that they would have an open mind regarding their daughters' marriage.

"Lord Elrond is here, as well and the Lady and the Lord of Lothlorien. Together we had decided to arrange this festival for those elves that were still unwed in order for them to find a suitable spouse. It has been successful during the past years. You have two beautiful daughters and they may be lucky enough to find a spouse during these festivities".

Belegur and Istor looked at each other and then over to their daughters who were busy finishing their meal. Istor smiled.

"My king, I would hope so, but I truly doubt it. Our daughters are hard to impress. It would be no easy task for an ellon to win their hearts."

Thranduil looked at Tinnueth and smirked. "We will see... We will see."

While Barhador and the other ellyn continued their conversation with Legolas, the ellith began to converse on the beauty of the king's halls. Both mothers and daughters were very impressed and hoped they would see more of the realm during their stay. Thranduil kept a close eye on Tinnueth and Legolas. He had caught his son glancing over to the elleth a few times and hoped that they would soon become attracted to each other.

Thranduil cleared his throat. "We still haven't introduced everyone to my son. Belegur and Istor, could you please introduce your families to Legolas?"

Belegur nodded. "It would be my pleasure. Legolas, you have already spoken to my sons Barhador and Tuven. They are very much looking forward to training with you at archery. Opposite you, seated on the right side, there's my lovely daughter Tinnueth. She had long..."

Legolas stared at Tinnueth and his heart sank in his chest. That was the elleth his father had chosen for him. He swallowed the lump in his throat and despite his sadness he made an effort to smile gently. Tinnueth smiled back at the prince though she had noticed the sudden change in his demeanor. Distantly Legolas heard Istor speak.

"...after the second time... she had been to Imladris once... there she learned from Lord Elrond..."

Legolas had missed all of Istor's narrations about his sons and his daughter Esteleth who had managed to stir the feelings in his heart. He stared at Tinnueth and had to remind himself to continue to breathe. With great endeavour he sat up and brought himself back to reality. Thranduil had watched his son's reaction to Lady Tinnueth and was greatly pleased. He was sure that Legolas had not listened to Istor's words. His son had been enraptured by Tinnueth's beauty. Thranduil smiled with satisfaction and drank a good amount of his favourite wine. This day had to be celebrated. His son would soon have a Sinda wife.

When their lengthy conversations had ended, the elves decided to retire to their chambers and rest after the long journey. After they had all gone, Legolas was about to leave the dining room when his father stopped him.

"Not you, my son. I wish to celebrate with you. Come here and let us drink together."

Legolas rolled his eyes and turned around to face his father. He obediently returned to the table, where his father filled for him a goblet with wine, and took a seat.

"My dear son, I am very happy to see that your heart has naturally found its way to lady Tinnueth. Let us celebrate and toast with a glass of sparkling wine."

Legolas gave his father a fake smile and drank the whole goblet of wine in two gulps. He did not care what his father thought. He was deeply miserable. After four more goblets of wine Legolas took his father's leave and retired to his chambers. What a fateful day this had been... A flood of swirling emotions. He stretched out on his bed and pulled a pillow onto his face. He wished that he could fall asleep and forget everything for a moment. But elves do not sleep and he spent all night in his balcony contemplating his life and worrying about the direction it might take. His father was not the kind of elf who would easily give in. It would be difficult to have him change his mind. Legolas sighed deeply. What should he do? Should he speak honestly to his father about the unfortunate situation? No. That would only make matters worse. Legolas would act according to his father's expectations and hope that the king would eventually be the one who would change his mind.

Legolas entered the large dining hall in the morning. He noticed that his father was already there conversing with Belegur. The king looked elated and utterly satisfied. Legolas knew the reason for his father's good mood. Thranduil looked towards his son. Suddenly his expression turned blank before anger crossed over his face. Legolas turned around to see what had upset his father. Lady Tinnueth had just entered the dining hall and Esgaron was right beside her, holding her hand gently within his own and kissing her knuckles repeatedly. Legolas, disgusted by this sight, looked into Tinnueth's face which was calm, her blue eyes wandering across the large hall.

Esteleth entered the dining hall and spotted Tinnueth who was standing near the doors with Esgaron. She boldly stepped between them, freeing her friend's hand from Esgaron's, and led her over to the long table. Legolas' eyes were steadily fixed on his fair Esteleth. As the two ellith walked past him, he deeply inhaled the air which carried her scent. She smelled of wild roses. He saw them sit down and stood still like a statue until a guard stepped up to him.

"My prince, please forgive me, but the king is calling for you".

Legolas awoke from his trance, walked over to the table and took his seat. Thranduil's gaze was murderous. Legolas tried to focus on his breakfast, which proved to be a difficult task. On one side sat his father who was apparently trying to murder him with his glance and on the other side sat the most beautiful and gentle elleth he had ever seen. He was having a hard time. When they finished their breakfast and the guests got up, Thranduil led them back into his hallways, to their chambers. He made sure that they would stay there for some time. Later we would personally give them a tour through his numerous halls.

Legolas was sitting in a chair he had placed on the balcony, when his father suddenly burst into his chambers. The door slammed behind the king and the prince knew that he had to face his father's wrath. Thranduil stomped to the balcony and grabbed the backrest of the chair, bending it backwards as he turned his son around to face him. His nose almost touched his son's when he hissed at him, his face red with anger.

"What kind of warrior are you? What is wrong with you? He comes into the dining hall, touching and kissing your future wife and you do nothing but stare at them! You just stood there and stared! Are you sane? Do you think that this is a game? If you do, let me tell you it is not!"

His father repeatedly shook the chair forcefully and Legolas grabbed hold of the seat with both hands.

"You will go out there today and impress the Lady. And tomorrow I want to see you on her side when she enters the dining room. And I will see a smile on her face! Now make yourself useful, and do not sit around lazily! Don't let that ellon come along and take away your bride! You are the prince! Start acting like one!"

Thranduil let go of the chair's backrest and turned around to leave. The chair fell backwards and Legolas landed on the floor with a loud thud, hitting the back of his head hard. He sat up and watched his furious father leave his chambers, slamming the door once again.

Legolas touched his sore head and sighed deeply. He was in trouble.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

6.3K 193 27
"I love her, she loves me. That's ALL THAT MATTERS to me in this dark, evil, corrupt world." After an attack on Mirkwood by an unknown enemy, Legolas...
11.7K 344 40
Fanfiction about a younger Thranduil and how he met Legolas' mother.
12.7K 541 17
A Thranduil Story
1K 12 10
A sequel to The Beginnings of a Prince set three years after Loraine's death. Thranduil has done his best raising Legolas on his own and is happy to...