Kuai and Zuko 2 [ON HIATUS]

By irishloveoftx

[ON HIATUS] After finding his mother in the Fire Nation town of Hira'a, Zuko runs into an old love, Kuai. How... More

Prologue: It's Been Two Years
Chapter 1: Aren't Big Fans
Chapter 2: Because I'm the Firelord
Chapter 3: But Never Fear
Chapter 4: AGH! Why did I look?!
Chapter 5: It's just...
Chapter 6: If You Stopped Interrupting
Chapter 7: W-wait...What?
Chapter 8: Since When Do You Wear My Mask?
Chapter 9: Oogies Saved Me
Chapter 10: Do Not Speak To Me Of Respect
Chapter 11: I-I Did It-t
Chapter 12: I've Been Summoned
Chapter 13: Should I Be Honored?
Chapter 14: It's Not Your Fault
Chapter 15: Oh My Gosh, Yay Yay Yay!
Chapter 16: We Need To Leave Now
Chapter 17: Pointy-Hat Guy Told Me To Get You
Chapter 18: Their 10 Year Wedding Anniversary
Chapter 19: She Seemed Happier to Tell You
Chapter 20: I'll See What I Can Do
Chapter 21: Where's My Daughter?

Chapter 22: It Was Just a Nightmare

80 4 4
By irishloveoftx

*6 days later*

Kuai: WHAT?!?!

Lee: I'm sorry, my lady, I wasn't supposed to inform you of this.

Kuai: Who told you not to tell me?!

Lee: Um, Firelord Zuko...

Kuai: Bring me to him, I need to speak with him at once!

Lee: Please, your highness, I really don't want to get in trouble with him.

Kuai: Then bring me to them!

Lee: I don't think that is a good idea, my lady.

Kuai: Did I even ask you if it was a good idea?!

Lee: No, madam. They're in the building that used to be for the Kiyoshi Warriors to practice in.

Kuai: Alright.

Lee: I think it's best to take some guards with you, in case, my lady.

Kuai: I can take care of myself.

With that, Kuai left to go see her parents, angrily. Lee ran to Zuko's office to inform him.

Lee: I couldn't stop her, your majesty. She went by herself to see her parents.

Zuko: How did she know they were even here?

Lee: I apologize, Firelord Zuko, she was inquiring too much about some of your secret meetings. Her curiosity is insane.

Zuko: Ugh, come on. We have to catch her before she attacks them.

Lee: Attacks them?

Zuko: She has a lot of built up anger in her, and she's also pregnant.

Lee: Oh, true...

Zuko and Lee ran off to the guest house that Kuai's parents were staying in, to catch up with Kuai and make sure she wouldn't cause any violence. they got to the house as soon as Kuai was closing the door behind her. They ran inside and found her taking water out of the air. The volume of her water hadn't built up enough, so Zuko was able to stop her before she did anything rash.

Kuai: What the heck Zuko?!

Zuko: You can't do this, lovely. Please stop.

Kuai: They were trying to buy me back as if I was a piece of property!

Zuko: I understand your anger, and I'm angry, too, but this isn't a good idea. This could cause trouble with you, me, and the entire Fire Nation.

Kuai: But this isn't fair!

Zuko: I know, Kuai, but in this situation, I can't control that.

Kuai: And you can't control me either! *busts out of Zuko's arms*

Zuko: I'm just trying to keep you safe!

Kuai: I can handle this, cutie.

Zuko: I know you can, but no one is going to support you if you legally get in trouble for attacking them. 

Kuai: But... they never even tried to find me after the war, and now they act like they want me back. It's not alright, Zuko.

Zuko: They're messed up parents, Kuai, but it's not okay just to go around attacking everyone you hate. Because then you turn into someone with a reputation like mine.

Kuai: *sigh* Okay.

Lee: Wow, that didn't take much to convince her.

Zuko: Shut up, Lee.

Kuai: Mother, father, get out of the Fire Nation. Now.

Zuko: You're banished. It's as simple as that.

Lee guided them out, kicking the guards at the door to wake them up since they hadn't even noticed Kuai's attempt at an attack. Through the muffled objections of Kuai's parents, Lee told the guards to send them on their way back to the Northern Water Tribe.

Lee, Kuai, and Zuko headed back to the palace, being a bit tense from the situation. Lee caught up with TuoYan and Kuai and Zuko went to Zuko's office to talk about things.

Kuai: Why didn't you tell me about this?

Zuko: Because I knew you would freak out this way.

Kuai: Ugh, sorry cutie.

Zuko: I think TuoYan might stay the night, since she hasn't left yet *laughs*

Kuai: Yeah, maybe. We could have the servants set up a room for her and Lee, and they could have a miniature weekend vacation here.

Zuko: That would be nice. Lee needs it after having to deal with me and Izumi all the time.

Kuai: That's very true.

Zuko: And TuoYan needs a break from all the stress you put her under.

Kuai: Hey!

Zuko: What? You know I'm right.

Kuai: Ugh. *yells* Servants!

Two servants came running to her call.

Servant1: Yes, my lady? *bows with other servant*

Kuai: Can you prepare a guest room for Lee and his wife, please?

Servant1: Yes, my lady.

Kuai: Oh, and can you tell the chefs that 2 more people will be accompanying us for dinner and breakfast?

Servant2: Yes, my lady.

The servants went to do what they were told. Kuai left Zuko to do some more work in his office and walked through the garden with TuoYan. Kuai, Zuko, Lee, TuoYan, and Izumi ate dinner together before going to bed.

Kuai: Goodnight, cutie. *kisses Zuko*

Zuko: Goodnight, lovely.

They went to sleep.

Kuai was pulled out of her bed by an assassin. Zuko woke to her screams and he burned an entire wing of the palace trying to kill the assassin. The murderer was a waterbender who collected ice into shards and shot them at Kuai. Zuko caught up to them and killed the assassin, who couldn't be identified do to burns. In her dying breaths, as she bled to death, she spoke

Kuai: I love you, cutie.

Zuko: No,no,no...stop this!

Kuai: Bye Zuko

And she died in his arms.

Zuko: I love you, too.

He gripped her tighter as he knelt and wept. Her face went pale and her scars seemed to get darker. His guards took her body from him, to preserve it before the cremation that was to be had. Zuko wiped his tears from his face and walked down the halls to his bedroom. He felt a tugging on his robe and he turned to see a tired Izumi behind him.

Izumi: Daddy, why were you crying?

Zuko: It's nothing, go back to sleep.

Izumi: I can't go to sleep without bedtime kisses from you and mommy.

Zuko: Mommy's not here.

Izumi: Where is she?

Zuko: With the guards.

Izumi: Why do I smell smoke?

Zuko: Someone attacked us. I attacked them back.

Izumi: They hurt mommy, didn't they?

Zuko began to weep again, unable to hide his pain from his daughter. She began to cry as well, realizing what happened.

Izumi: Why would someone do this, daddy? Why?

Zuko: I don't know, I really don't know.

Izumi: *mutters to self* Bye bye mommy.

Zuko knelt and hugged Izumi as they both wept loudly and painfully. He had lost his beautiful and caring wife, and who would've been his strong and loyal son.

Zuko woke up early the next morning, screaming and crying. He looked beside him, seeing the silouette of his wife, who had just woken up to his screams. He hugged her tightly, almost too tight.

Kuai: What's wrong, cutie?

Zuko: Nothing *sobs* It was just a nightmare.

______________________________________________________________

Hey lovelies, sorry for the insane wait.

I've been having crazy writer's block, specifically for this story. And as the story comes to an end, I'm just not as excited to write it anymore.

There should only be 1 or 2 more chapters in this book, so stay tuned to whenever my block let's me get another part out.

I love y'all, keep reading and writing!

Have a nice day for me, will ya?

<33333IrishLove

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21K 769 20
ᵃ ᶻᵘᵏᵒ ˣ ʳᵉᵃᵈᵉʳ - 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐝 - "𝙺𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚒𝚝 𝚊 𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚝..𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎?" 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚝 𝙸𝚛𝚘𝚑 𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚍. ➪ A story about a y...
168K 3.2K 40
your name is Nami you are a unknown bender that was born in the fire nation by a water bending mother in prison, they took you away as a child, The f...
880K 23.4K 78
***CURRENTLY UNDER EDITING*** Broken, filled with loss, pain, and anger of her people's death... she could only hope she had died with them. An Air B...
102K 3.4K 18
| Being gone from the world for a hundred years changes someone. And for her, he was her change. | <>•<>•<>• "I couldn't save him." "How could you...