Caught In The Middle

By SanC-Rylie

This is the continuation of Book 1 Daddy's Little Assassin. So before you even proceed to read this book plea... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Bonus Chapter
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Please Read- Author's Note
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Important Note
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
The Cast
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Book 3
Newest Mafia Novel
New Story Alert 🚨

Chapter 25

62.3K 2.4K 145
By SanC-Rylie

"This doesn't look very professional" I chuckled getting up off Gio.

"Hi, Callum" I smiled going up to him and stretching my hand towards him. "I'm Lexi".

"I figured that, the big guy here told me about you" Callum smiled shaking my hand. "Its nice meeting you Lexi".

"The big guy uh?" I teased looking at Gio.

"Don't"  Gio warned.

"What?" I shrugged innocently. "I didn't even do anything..... big guy".

"Cut it out" Gio said to me before turning to Callum, "She's yours now, teach her all she needs to know. I'll be over there punching those bags".

"Don't worry, I'll turn her into a pro when I'm done training her" Callum told him.

"I don't doubt it" Gio said to him before looking at me."Corporate".

"I'm always corporative" I smirked at him.

"Sure you are" Gio said sarcastically before walking off towards the punching bags.

I watched him grabbed two boxing gloves putting them on before going to punch the bag. Okay, so I think I now know what Gio was made of. I'm sure he could literally kill someone with just one of those punch.

"Alright me time now, you can admire your boyfriend later" Callum chuckled.

"He's intense" I said looking over at Gio once again.

"Yeah, he takes this very serious" Callum said to me. "So, are you ready to become intense as well?"

"I guess" I chuckled.

"We'll start off easy alright?" Callum said to me.

"Yeah okay" I nodded.

"Come on, stand here" Callum said to me.

Callum had been teaching me how to throw punches, dodge them as well as kicking and blocking hits for the past twenty minutes. He said we would be sticking with these basics since it was my first day but as time goes by our training would become more intense. I already knew how to do all these already, and even though I kept pretending to be pretty interested in learning how to throw punches and dodge them because I was supposedly an amateur or a novice, I was more interested in watching Gio punch that bag. Callum was teaching me how to dodge punches but I kept getting distracted by him each time and Callum had managed to land a few small jabs on me. Thankfully none to my face or none serious enough that they'd caused pain.

"You keep getting distracted by your boyfriend over there" Callum said to me as I told him I needed a break. "Seems he's gonna have to stay away from here for you to become a pro".

"I can't help if he's very appealing to the eyes" I defend.

"I get it" Callum chuckled. "I'll make sure he isn't here to distract you for the next training session though".

"Who says I'll be back for another session?" I asked him.

"You will" Callum said to me. "Knowing how persuasive Giovanni can be I think you'll be back".

"You're probably right" I said to him. "That's how I got here today...persuasion".

Callum laughed before replying. "So will you be ready to go again in five minutes?"

"Yeah, I guess so" I replied.

"Okay, I'll be back in five" Callum said before leaving.

I was sitting on the floor watching Gio continued punching that bag. It was amazing, I only say him stopped punching that bag for like a few seconds earlier and ever since he's been punching that bag and still have a lot of energy. After a few minutes Gio's phone started ringing and I saw him answered. I couldn't quite hear what he was saying because he was speaking lowly into the phone and was across the room from me but I could tell by the time he had hung up that whatever that call was about it was something urgent. Gio slipped the phone back in his pocket before hurrying to put back on his shirt. I immediately stood up going over to him.

"Hey is everything alright?" I asked.

"Something came up I gotta go babe" Gio said to me.

"Okay, let me go get my bag then" I said to him.

"No" Gio said quickly. "You stay, I gotta go handle this issue right away".

"How am I supposed to get home then?" I asked him. "And what issue? Why do you always have to be running off most of the time we're together? What's going on Gio?"

"Lexi, baby its some work issue that needs my immediate attention. I'm sorry, I'll explain later. And don't worry I'm gonna send someone to come get you once you're done training with Callum" Gio said to me.

"How about now then? I'm done training for the day Gio" I said to him.

"Alright, I'll just call Paolo then, he'll come pick you up and drop you back at my penthouse" Gio said taking out his phone once more.

"Great" I said seriously.

"You're mad" Gio stated studying my face intently.

"No I'm not mad, just confused. You're always seemed to be running off and today you're doing it again" I said to him.

"I'm sorry baby, I'll make it up to you but right now I have to " Gio said kissing me. "I love you"

"Love you too" I sighed watching him walked off.

I just have a not so good feelings about this so I went straight to my bag picking up my phone and immediately dialling Dominic.
I needed to know if this would have anything with the Luciano's group.

"Lexi, I really can't talk right now. I'm kinda busy with this deal" Dominic answered on the first ring.

"Where are you?" I asked nervously.

"We're at the dock, dealing with some shipments that just got in" Dominic replied. "What's wrong?"

"I don't know if this has anything to do with it but Gio just got a call and rushed out of here a minute ago" I replied quickly.

"Shit! Lexi I think it is exactly about this deal. Where was he?" Dominic said to me.

"We were at his gym Tauruses its about ten minutes away from his hotel" I responded.

"If he doesn't have his men on the way right now before we'd have at least twenty minutes before they get here" Dominic replied.

"Dominic could you and your guys just hurry up and get your shipments and get out of there" I said frantically.

"Lexi, were gonna try that but just know that there's gonna be war if your little boyfriend and his guys show up here and try anything. I'm not gonna hesitate" Dominic said to me.

"If he does show up there make sure he doesn't get hurt" I said to him still keeping my voice low.

"I can't promise you that..." Dominic started.

"Don't. Hurt. Him" I said. "I'm hanging up now and you and the guys are gonna move as fast as you can, get your stuff and get out if there. Just try and keep the peace this once. I'll talk to you later".

I hang up and throw my phone back into my bag before sitting on the ground sighing with my head in my hands. I hated being caught in the middle. I was in love with the guy who is now enemy to my family. I was loyal to being a Luciano, I don't want my brother or his guy's to get hurt in case a war starts between them but I didn't want Gio to get hurt either. How does one handle that? I should have never gotten this involved with Gio in the first place, this could've been avoided.

"Hey, you ready to go again?" Callum asked from behind me.

"Uhm Callum, do you think its alright if I tried practicing with the bags for the rest of the time? I mean I'm gonna have to leave in a few anyway" I said getting up from the ground and facing him.

"Sure, I don't see why not" Callum said before going over to where a box was looking through it before picking out a pair of black boxing gloves. "You're gonna need these".

"Oh thanks" I said to him.

"Let me help" Callum come and helping me put the gloves on.

"Thanks Callum" I smiled when he was finished.

"No problem. So maybe I should hold the bag for you?" Callum asked following me over to one of the bags.

"Maybe not, or at least not yet" I said to him putting my hands on one.

"Be careful though, those bags may swing back at you" Callum said to me. "I don't wanna be responsible for you getting hurt. The big guy wouldn't appreciate that".

"Don't worry,I think I'll be fine" I said to him before punching the bag.

"Nice" Callum said sounding impressed. "I think you've got the hang at punching".

"Yeah, I think so too" I responded before I started punching the bag again.

I started throwing multiple professional type punches at the bag. I didn't care if Callum figure out that I already knew how to box and have practices with punching bags anymore now that Gio wasn't here. I just needed to hit something continuously to get rid of my feelings right now. I wasn't even sure how I was feeling if it was angry, disappointed, nervous or what but I was taking it all out on the bag. I kept punching the bag like it was a living person who had upset me. I started punching and kicking the bag at the same. I was starting to pant from how hard and fast I was attacking the bag and I gave the bag a hard kick and surprisedly the bag just ripped causing the contents inside to pour out on the floor.

"Shit" I said panting wide eyes looking at the contents leaking from the bag.

I looked at Callum whose eyes were just as wide as mine with surprise. I looked back on the now damaged bag, this was the third time I had damaged a punching bag from anger.

"I think you had a faulty bag there" I chuckled slightly.

"No way. I checked those bags recently and they were all fine. Damn girl you just totally damaged a punching bag" Callum said still sounding surprise.

"I can pay for the damage don't worry" I said to him attempting to get rid of the gloves.

"I'm sure Gio wouldn't like that. But my concern is; this isn't the first time you've done this right?" Callum said to me. "Judging from what I just saw you already have a lot of experience in fighting and handling punching bags there is no way this was your first time".

"I've had a lot of anger and practice throwing tantrum and kicking things as a kid" I said to him. "Gio wanted me to direct that anger and tantrums in learning boxing properly".

"I don't think so. As far as I see you are well trained in this field already. And in relations to Giovanni, you are just pretending to suck for his benefit" Callum said to me.

"Yeah right, so I'm like a what- a pro boxer now" I chuckled sarcastically.

"I'm just thinking you don't really need my training though. Anyone who is able to do this to a bag is already well trained and dangerous" Callum said seriously.

"Oh wow" I chuckled. "I hope that is compliment. But I actually do need your training, just because I took my anger out on a punching bag means I know how to fight. Maybe I'm not a 100% useless as previously thought or it was just luck, if you would call it back. I'm gonna come back and I'm gonna bring a friend. She probably needs more training than I do".

"Alright if you say so and I'll gladly train your friend too" Callum replied.

"Thanks" I smiled at him. " Oh and one more thing, could you please not mention this to Gio that I ruined his punching bag?"

"Alright your secret's safe with me" Callum chuckled.

"You're the best Callum" I said to him. "Anyway I think I'm done for the day, I'm just waiting for Gio's friend to come pick me up any minute now".

"Alright, well it was good meeting you Lexi"Callum smiled.

"You too" I told him.

I went to my bag taking out my towel and towelling down. I had worked up a slight sweat from earlier. I put it back in after I was finished and closed my bag before taking a drink from my water bottle. Since this Pablo guy wasn't here yet I decided to sit down in a meditation style closing my eyes and relaxed a while.
I was trying to used this method as a way to calm down about this whole situation I'm in. I sat there in silence, eyes closed for more than five minutes.

I almost totally zoned out when I suddenly felt the presence of someone creeping up behind me. I opened my eyes just in time to see a guy behind me going to touch me in the gym mirror. I was quick to react as I grabbed his hand twisting it slightly then grabbing him by the shirt collar causing him to flipped unto his back with me over him, my hand at his throat. Looking at him my eyes widened at how I hard managed to have this big man on the floor. He was even looking a bit familiar like I've seen him before.

"Ow shit! Gio didn't tell me you were this agile or dangerous" the guy said frighteningly and shocked at my reaction.

"Oh I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to try and hurt you" I replied quickly letting go off him and standing up. "It was reflex you, all these self defence classes".

"Yeah, no kidding" the guy said chuckling slightly getting up.

"You must be Paolo" I said to him. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, and you must be Lexi. I'll be fine apart from my now bruised back and possible broken wrist right now, I think I'm okay" he replied.

"I'm sorry again" I said sheepishly. "I would like to say nice meeting you but I'm sure there could've been nicer ways".

"Don't worry about it, I think I'll live" Paolo chuckled. "I shouldn't have sneaked up on you like that".

"Glad to you then" I smiled sheepishly.

Yeah" Paolo said looking directly and intently at my face.

"What?" I asked curious. "Is there something on my face?"

"Oh no, sorry for staring is just that you look familiar, do I know from somewhere?" He asked.

"I don't think so, although you could have seen me around since I do live here in New York" I replied.

"No I felt as if I had spoken to you before too" he said looking at me.

"No I don't think so, I believed I would've remembered" I said jagging my memory to see where had I saw him before.

"How about a while back at SEATO?" Paolo asked.

Hearing this now I totally remembered where I had seen him before. He was the guy I bumped into as I had finished checking out that night when I had killed Rostov. That was why he looked familiar. Oh no and he just happened to be one of Gio's guys.

"The hotel?" I asked innocently. "No sorry I've never been there before".

"Oh, I just thought you looked like someone I had saw there. Although you're a brunette and she was blonde" he replied. "And she had a British accent, yours is American"

That was me same one alright.

"I hope you saying I resemble this girl is a compliment. I mean I hope she wasn't ugly" I chuckled.

"No definitely not" Paolo chuckle. "She was really beautiful just like you are now".

"Well in that case thank you" I smiled at him.

"You're welcome" he replied. "So ready to go?"

"Definitely" I said to him.

I know I said next update would be on Monday or Tuesday but I hate making you guys wait too long for another chapter. So here's an early update peeps 😀😀😀

Thank you for the votes and also commenting from time to time. Please keep them coming. I wish you guys would comment more though, letting me know your thoughts on our characters and the things happening.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

213K 5.1K 47
'For The Mafia' Series - Book 2 of 3! Read Book 1 - Made For The Mafia - before reading this book and the synopsis below to avoid spoilers! ~~~ It's...
154K 2.6K 55
"Take one more step and I won't hesitate to shoot you" I say, still aiming the gun at him "Then shoot, I dare you" he says taking a step closer to m...
23.2K 599 22
[ONGOING] Book 3 in the Del Rosso series ____________________________________________ "You." ____________________________________________ Reyna Del...
601K 10.1K 56
(I plan to start editing Vol. 1 very soon. If you see any obvious errors feel free to comment them. <3) **This is book one of Raw Love** She is warm...