Definitely Not Interested

By hanlovestowrite26

Being a high school Muslim hijabi was already a lot to deal with but add a crazy life and it gets all too mes... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
A/N

Chapter 8

15.5K 1.1K 193
By hanlovestowrite26

I was a bit shocked. Actually a bit more shocked. And no, not because Amir was vandalizing, but because he can actually draw. He was talented.

I smirked evilly to myself. I bet he doesn't want anyone to know that he draws pretty flowers, now does he?

I stepped out and walked over into his direction. I crossed my arms. "Well well well. What do we have here?"

Amir spun around, eyes widened since its the only thing I can see of his face.

He took off his hat. "What are you doing here?"

"That's what I'd like to ask you." I raised my right brow.

"Well I'm, you know." He crossed his arms. "What do you want peasant?" His voice turned annoyed.

"I was going to get milk. I'll be on my way." I then looked back at him. "I can't wait to share with  everyone at school what your after school activities are."

I loved to torture him. He has always tortured me so I was getting back at him. Although deep inside this didn't feel good. How do people stay evil?

He raised a brow. "If you say anything then," he made a slicing motion on his neck.

I threw my head back, laughing. "You wish!" I began to walk away but he grabbed me back and pulled me with him behind on of the ruined buildings.

"Let go of m-" I began but he covered my mouth with his glove covered hand.

"Shut up Malak! A cop is here." He harshly whispered from behind me.

I quickly shut down. I was not going to be an idiot and get convicted for something I didn't do. It was him! I hated being at the wrong time, wrong place.

I bit his hand and he quickly let go. "It's not my fault. I don't want to be a part of this!" I whispered back at him.

He was going to reply but his phone started vibrating. He picked it up. "Hurry come over here."

While he was on the phone I tried to get away. I began running away but he quickly grasped on to my sweaters hood and forcefully pulled me back, hitting his chest. I quickly stepped away from but he still was holding on to my hoodie.

"Anyone here?" The close voice of the cop started us and Amir quickly hung up the phone, grabbed my forearm and began sprinting away. I didn't this guy could run so fast, I was literally being dragged behind Him.

"Hey!" The angry cop's voice called after us. He has seen us. Oh my god I'm going to jail. I'm going to jail! I'm going to wear those hideous orange jumpsuits! And be a thug!!

Before I knew it, a black Mercedes-Benz pulled up right in front of us. Amir quickly opened the second door and pushed me in and closed it. He got into the passenger side and the driver sped away. I looked back and the cop was still looking for us. He faded quickly as the driver skillfully made the turns and soon we were back into city streets.

I took a peek at the driver and immediately recognized him. He was one the guys who always hung out with Amir. Hes his best friend, Sameer.

They both high-fived and laughed. "Man if you weren't on time, I would get another lecture." Amir spoke up with a chuckle.

"Yeah hello?" I stuck my head between their seats. "Drop me off!"

Amir pushed my face head back by pushing my forehead with his hand. "I saved your life. Maybe a thank you would be better."

"Saved my life? You mean you almost ruined it!" I fired back.

"Right I forgot you're miss goody-two shoes." Amir replied.

"Hi Malak." Sameer said happily and waved back at me.

"Keep your eyes on the road Sameer." I snapped even though I shouldn't have. He was only being nice but I didn't feel like being nice.

Amir quickly reached back and thwacked my forehead with his finger. "Stop being mean."

"Ow!" I rubbed my forehead and shot him a dirty look. "That hurt."

I stretched my seat belt and leaned. I reached over trying to get Amir back but he would lean away from me. I went as far as the seat belt would let me but I couldn't reach him. "Ha! Peasant and your short arms!" He started laughing and my determination grew even more.

I unbuckled my seatbelt and now was able to reach him. I began laughing at how scared he looked. He covered his forehead and leaned leaned away.

We both began yelling at each other when Sameer shouted at us. "I'm driving! Get back in your seats!"

I quickly sat down and put my seat belt back on. He wasn't even driving, we were stuck in traffic, basically stopped. He didn't even budge. Gosh.

After a full minute I started to feel frustration and knew I had to leave. I realized it wasn't right to be here. I looked out the window and tried to see if I recognized where we were. I immediately realized that I come to this area often when I buy food. It just a bunch of stores, and I knew a store owner who was my friends mom. She could take me home later and I could get the freaking milk!

I quickly opened the car door and stepped out. Amir and Sameer began calling after me asking where I was going but all I did was wave happily. Amir kept staring angrily at me and clenched his jaw but I didn't care.

I quickly maneuvered through the cars and got to shopping center.

*****

"So there's this party that I think we should go together!" Sarah clapped excitedly.

"No." I replied lazily.

"Why??" She whined. "Come with us! It's like a fancy party."

"I don't  have a dress." Wait no lemme correct myself, I can't afford a dress and a headache to go with it. I'm annoyed of these rich kids. They have a party every two days.

"I'll lend you one. Come on!" Sarah nudged me. I knew very well that she wasn't going to stop.

"Let me check with my mom." I sighed.

"Okay I'll drive you home, and you can check with her."

There was no way I was going to escape this.
*****

"Sure you can go, just be careful." My mom said as soon as I got home after school.

My eyes almost popped out. Sarah clapped her hands. "Yay!"

I looked at my mother in agony. I tried to give her eye signals but she didn't pay attention. "Mom." I stressed. "Remember you have work today?"

"Oh no I don't. Plus your grandparents are now helping us with our financial issues." She waved me off.

"Mom." I finally gave up and felt desperate. My mother knew how rich people parties went. They were all a bunch of high schoolers dressed up in fancy suits and sparkly dresses who sat and ate dinner. There was no alcohol involved and no crazy stuff happening.

I too was appalled. Rich kids and no alcohol? Well there parents don't want their kids on the front paper about how drunk they were that last night. Plus it was a birthday for some rich kid who was basically just showing off his wealth off. And here my mom is pushing me because she thinks I'm so antisocial. I am.

"Let's get our dresses ready!"   Sarah pulled me out the house and into her car.
****

Sarah picked out a sparkly long pink dress for me and I almost gagged. "Um how about something different?"

"Oh okay." She pulled out another long red sparkly dress but I shook my head.

She sighed. "Then just pick something." She moved aside and pointed to her huge closet. I stepped up and saw a normal black maxi dress. Her mouth dropped. "You're not serious."

"Very." I nodded proudly. I didn't care very much about this party and wanted something comfortable. I then also picked a deep bluish violet hijab to go along with my leather jacket and dress. I was unlucky because I was forced to wear heels and put on makeup. Sarah wouldn't leave me alone so I let her. I mean at least I got to pick my clothing.

The makeup was amazing. I looked very different and my eyes looked bigger and prettier. I really liked it and thank her.

Sarah went all out. She had a long dress that was peach and full of glitter and sequence. It was beautiful and her hijab matched perfectly. Her makeup was more natural since her dress was already that elegant.

We both finally made it out and arrived at the venue safely. I felt a little nervous because I knew I wasn't welcomed here. I knew that they could very well bully me or give me a hellish night but kept walking.

"You'll be fine." Sarah reassured me as we made our way to the seats. We sat down and waited for food to be served around some others who were seated at that table as well.

They kept staring at me so I decided to leave to the restroom to relieve some of the tension.

As soon as I began walking to the restroom, a group of guys began whispering my name and pointing. I looked to see Amir amongst them. He was dressed in a bluish violet suit, with his hair slicked back, looking rather sharp.

He began choking as soon as his eyes met my face. He set down his drink and came forward. "What are you doing here?" He searched my eyes and began examining my face.

"I don't have to report to you." I began to walk away, leaving him to stare at my fading figure.
*****

"Malak!" I turned to see Adam slouching against the wall with a drink in his hand. "What brings you here? I almost didn't recognize you." He laughed.

I smiled. "Sarah forced me." And now my friend Sarah was chatting it up with people she knew I didn't like at all. She's at Amir's table talking and pretending to care what they say. 

"Ahh." He smiled back. "That makes sense now."

I laughed and he came forward. "There's dessert! Have you got any."

"No. But I'ma go now for sure. Lead the way Adam." He chuckled and nodded. In the front of the reception was a long table with all the desserts you can imagine. Everything looked delicious, I couldn't wait to dig in.

I picked up a couple pastries and looked behind me to talk to Adam but stopped midway as I realized who was behind me.

"Wrong person, Angel." He smirked. I quickly turned around and began packing more pastries to my dish. "Are you planning to overdoes on chocolate tonight?" Amir's voice came again.

I shrugged. "I guess chocolate is my addiction."

"Too bad you aren't as sweet as it is. But good thing I hate sweets."

I looked up at him. "What do you want Mr. Khaled? Can you leave me alone."

He dropped the plate he was holding onto the table. "I don't get it." He looked fiercely into my eyes. "Why do you act like this."

"Act like what?" I asked him after taking a bite off a delicious brownie.

He grunted. "You're so frustrating." He clenched his jaw and ran a hand through his hair.

"Hey Malak. Sorry my friends pulled me aside." Adam popped up in front of me. "Wow that's a lot of sugar." He looked on to my plate and laughed.

We began talking and I tottaly forgot about Amir. He was still standing there when I had left. I didn't mean to be rude but I'm glad it turned out like that. Me and Adam decided to part ways quickly though as I tried to make my way back to Sarah.
******

SAMEER POV:

"I freaking get it!"  Amir thrashed the table. "I don't understand!" He looked at the mess he made. "It doesn't make sense." He talked to himself.

I sighed. "Why do you even care anyways." The girl Malak was driving him nuts.

****

Thank you for reading this chapter!!! Please do vote and comment!!! Also the pics represent Malaks out fit and Amir! Enjoy!🐼♥️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

347K 18.5K 32
Amara Mahmoud is a 20-year-old, Muslim girl who is in her fourth year of undergraduate studies. She has a loving family and the most amazing best fri...
288K 28.1K 67
#1 in spiritual in 16/6/2019 Previously known as " My very own hijabi" Two young people finding shelter within each other from the world and its evi...
12.5K 869 32
Inaya Hussein is a happy go to 20-year-old studying medicine wanting to make her parents proud. Religion plays a huge part in her life. Her two best...
12.1K 1.1K 29
Hajara and Sarah are muslim high school girls from the 2070's. They have a normal teen life but when their parents reveal their deepest secret becaus...