The White Wolf

By Walking_Smile

Sydney Watkins is just an average girl trying to make her way through high school with her not so popular fri... More

Author Note
One: Vinegar Balloons
Two: The Purple Case
Three: Big Brother
Four: Recorded
Five: The New Comer
Six: Leaning Forward
Seven: Stranger Danger & Detention
Eight: Lunch Detention
Nine: Replay and Remember
Ten: The Forest
Eleven: Race & Run
Twelve: Dreams & Voices
Thirteen: Confused
Fourteen: Poisonous Vines
Fifteen: Shower Scare
Sixteen: Dark Shadows & Cries for Help
Seventeen: The Letter
Eighteen: Secret Places & Explanations
Nineteen: The Hunt
Twenty: Conversation With a Wolf
Twenty-One: Ice Cream Chaos
Twenty-Two: Lost
Twenty-Three: Somewhere Out There in a Meadow
Twenty-Four: The Morning After
Twenty-Five: The Whole Story
Twenty-Six: Check
Twenty-Seven: Games & Dinner
Twenty-Eight: Glowing White
Twenty-Nine: Friends with Hugging Benefits
Thirty: Music & Plans
Thirty-One: Dreams, Kisses, and Fear
Thirty-Two Part 1: Cafe's Blondie
Thirty-Two Part 2: Performance Prep
Thirty-Three: Unexpected Help
Thirty-Four: The Escape
Thirty-Five: Mother, Son, and Searches
Thirty-Six: Running
Thirty-Seven: Motel Room for Two
Thirty-Eight: Staged and Free
Thirty-Nine: Hopeful Hurt
Forty: Why
Forty-One: Just Great
Forty-Two: Perfectly Calm...
Forty-Three: Glowing White Again
Forty-Four: Angry Kisses
Forty-Five: Make-Up Dinner for Four
Forty-Six: New Comrades
Forty-Seven: Shifting Moment
Forty-Eight: New Interest
Forty-Nine: Secrets Revealed
Fifty: Breaking News
Fifty-One: Road Trip
Fifty-Two: 'We'
Fifty-Three: Neck Ringing
Fifty-Four: Pandemonium
Fifty-Five: A Day Later
Fifty-Six: Prepared with a Sort of Plan...
Fifty-Seven: Drug Around
Fifty-Eight: Broken Star
Author Note

Thirty-Two Part 3: Fright Night

32.8K 1.1K 79
By Walking_Smile

Jay

After I got off the phone from texting with Star I watched as my beautiful girl walked out on stage and started setting up her stuff. She was an amazing guitarist and I knew she would do wonderful even if she only had a day to practice and memorize these songs.

"Hey guys!?" A chipper female voice called.

At first, I thought it was the Bridget girl from earlier coming back for me to curb her possible flirting when I realized it was Jasmine.

What did I ever see in her? I asked myself.

I ask you that all the time...I still don't see it. My wolf conversed.

Jesus, I really was an idiot before Star.

Very much so. A little bit every now and then though too. My wolf said happily.

"Hey Jasmine..." Mat said glumly looking anywhere but to her as he wished she wasn't here.

"Why are you here?" I asked maintaining my superiority as Alpha.

Jasmine pouted-which was pretty unappealing-and tried to do a puppy face.

The only puppy face I'll ever fall for is Stars...or my sister's.

"Jay, why so harsh. Remember all the good times we shared her?" She asked tilting her head 'seductively' to the side with a pouty lip.

"I'd rather not. Now, I'll ask again what are you doing here?" I asked again just as harsh as the first time.

"Protecting our new Luciana. Is that a problem?" There was an edge to her tone.

I don't trust her... My wolf said.

Agreed. But I can't just go around accusing without a reason. So, for now let's watch our sexy girlfriend.

Umm, I like the sound of that. The only two things that sound better then that is 'Sydney, our mate' and Sydney's moans.

Thinking about our steamy make-out session last night and Sydney's moans did something to me down there.

Focusing on our girlfriend I saw that once Sydney got her guitar and her guitar strap on she went and started talking to the boy. While talking to the boy, he shuffled closer to my mate giving the impression of them almost kissing.

My jaw tightened and I felt my wolf's wild side start to come out. I grabbed onto the bar edge to keep myself in place.

"Jay, man chill. You know that Sydney's not like that."

I let out a soft yet deadly growl, "Mat hold me back-"

Mat immediately grabbed my arm and held me in place as I attempted to gain control over my anger.

Jasmine blocked my view of Sydney and tried to cradle my face with her hands. "Jay, Honey it's alright."

I growled louder at how she called me 'Honey' when that was Sydney's thing and it only sounded good coming from her lips.

Those lips which are inches away from the enemies.

I ripped her hands from my face and spat out, "Get out of my way."

"No." She said determinedly.

Someone yelled out, "Stop making out with the girl and get out with the show!"

Sydney stepped away from the boy wary of his actions. She turned and walked to her part of the small black stage.

I relaxed slightly knowing there was now space between the two, but I still hated that it happened.

It wasn't like anything happened between them so calm down Jay. I told myself not all too confident.

I trusted Sydney. I trusted her with my life, but I don't trust that scumbag.

I looked from Sydney who was fiddling with her guitar to the boy who was still staring at her.

That ticked me off, but before I lost it I turned and rushed to the back of the club to the restrooms.

I knocked through the swinging men's restroom door and frustrated paced with my fist smashed against the side of my skull angrily.

"Jay are you okay?"

I turned and saw Jasmine looking innocent as ever by the still slightly swinging door.

"Get out! Get out right now!" I growled out, my wolf taking over.

Sydney, Sydney, Sydney. I chanted in my head trying to calm me down, but it only made me think of the boy making me angrier.

"But Ja-"

"No! Don't you but Jay anything! Jasmine what we had is OVER! Get it through that fucking thick skull of yours! Go find somebody else to bother and piss off!"

Her head was dropped and her fist clenched at her sides.

"Maybe I will." Turning she burst out the door.

I continued to take deep breaths and try to calm myself, but nothing was working.

"Jay?" A small and very familiar voice asked.

I stopped pacing and my head shot up.

"Star? What's wrong are you okay!?"

"Nothing. I just wanted to make sure you and her were alright." She thought to me trying to hide her obvious jealousy.

"I sent her away and nothing happened Baby. I only have eyes for you Star."

"Oh...Are you alright?" She asked sweetly.

I smiled a little. "Hearing your voice yes. I'm better than alright."

I heard her softly chuckled. "Well, you better get your cute butt back out here! I'm going to beat the socks off these fools!"

"You're not competing against anyone, Love."

"Well firstly, technicalities don't matter. I am as you like to say awesome sauce. And secondlyist-"

"Says the girl with all A's," I commented lightly.

"-I love it when you call me Love."

My heart bulged in happiness hearing her say that.

"Well, I'm glad you like it because either way, I would've called you that." I said recalling when she said that to me.

She laughed. "Now c'mon! I'm going to rock tonight!"

"You already have, Love."

Walking out of the bathroom I rejoined Mat in watching my girl perform.

☽✣☾

Sydney

"Tonight we will be performing with the guitar from 'Broken Strings' Sydney Watkins."

The crowd erupted into applause and a few cheers of my name and reputation.

"Yes, yes thank. Now we are going to perform 'My Life Would Have Sucked Without You' and then we will play 'Your Body is a Wonderland'. Both will be sung by me. Now thank you and I hope you'll enjoy it!" Brendon finished.

"Whenever you're ready Syd," Brendon indicated at me.

I nodded and started out the strings.

"Guess this means you're sorry/You're standing at my door/Guess this means you take back/All you said before/Like how much you wanted/Anyone but me/Said you'd never come back/But here you are again,"

☽✣☾

Once we finished that song we moved on to the next one.

The guys looked to me and I started off, 'Your Body is a Wonderland'.

"We got the afternoon"

Brendon turned on the stage and started walking towards me and pointed at me, then held up two fingers.

My pulse lept nervously.

"You got this room for two/One thing I've left to do/Discover me, discoverin' you, oh,"

Brendon dragged his free hand down my back making me jump a little. "Your skin like porcelain"

He brushed neck with his thumb making me flinch back uncomfortable by the touching. "One pair of candy lips and Your bubblegum tongue, uh uh uh/And if you want love (Then make it)"

Brendon danced across the stage away from me making me relax more. I looked to Jay seeing his eyes locked dead on the singer.

"Hon," I mind-chatted him.

From the tone of my voice, he could tell I needed his support.

"Your body is a wonderland/Your body is a wonder, I'll use my hands/Your body is a wonderland/Something 'bout the way."

Brendon danced back to me, touching me in every way and each chance he could get. My ears burned from embarrassment and discomfort.

He brushed the stings of hair that had fallen out of my bun behind my ear. "The hair falls in your face. I love the shape you take. When crawlin' towards the pillowcase."

Brendon looked to the crowd and continued to sing, "I'll never let your head hit the bed. Without my hand behind it."

Brendon cupped the back of my neck as he sang the end to me.

"You frustrate me I know you're mine, all mine, all mine/But you look so good, it hurts sometimes/Your body is a wonderland. Your body is a wonder, I'll use my hands/Your body is a wonderland/Your body is a wonderland, oh no."

After that, the crowd busted into loud cheers and yells for more.

"I'm going to kill him after we interrogate him." Jay's voice came into my mind.

Snapping out of the stare off Brendon and I were having, I turned and unhooked Valentine and placed her in her case.

"Sydney!" Brendon called as I tried to run out to the dance floor ready to hide myself in Jay's comforting embrace.

Awkwardly I turned on my heels and ask, "Yeah?"

"I-I'm sorry for the way I acted on stage, it gets the crowd excited. Would you grant me one dance to make it up to you?"

Jaycen's arms or dancing with Brendon?

There was no competition, Jaycen's arms.

"Jay he's asking me to dance with him. What do I do?"

He didn't answer which made me nervous.

I panicked and thought what I could do instead when the thought entered my mind.

"Mat! Is Jay okay? Brendon's asked me to dance with him. What do I do?"

"Yes Jay's...alright. His wolf is a little riled up. But anyway even though it'll piss Jay off more, yes go dance with him. Ask around about and see if you can get anything out of him without blowing your cover."

"Okay. Calm him down will you?"

"I'll try Syd."

"Sydney?"

"Oh yeah, sorry. I'll dance with you."

"Okay, come on!"

Brendon grabbed my hand and pulled me onto the dance floor.

The song 'Wake Me Up' by Avicii was playing.

Together we rocked our hips and flung our hands up while I kept a healthy distance between the two of us.

"So is there anyone new at your school?" I asked innocently.

Brendon looked down at me. "What?"

"Nah, you just know small town talk. Girls keep talking about some new blonde guy at your school."

Brendon frowned and shook his head no.

"Oh, well just thought I'd ask."

"Didn't know you to be interested in the drama of hot guys. But I guess if you're involved with Jaycen, who am I to say?"

With nothing to say back to that, we danced a little longer before the song changed to something I didn't know.

It was a slow song so before I even knew what happened Brendon crushed me into him.

He held my hips tight in his hands and rocked us side to side.

"Ahh Bran-"

"Hey Syd, can you come outside with me?"

"I really shouldn-"

Before I could tell him no, he was yanking me through the crowd, my mouth hung open to make an excuse. Before I could summon the words or find any of my friends of Jay, we were out the back exit. We walked into a little grassy area with huge rocks to sit on around a giant cherry tree.

A familiar smell hit me.

"Brendon what is going on?!" I asked shocked by his extreme behavior not just now but tonight as a whole.

He wasn't facing me but I knew he was frustrated by the way he ran his hand over his face and through his dark black locks.

Taking advantage of his back turned to me I sent a message to Jay.

The text read: Help.

After waiting a few seconds to make sure he got it and read it I pressed the letter J and clicked his name. As the phone dialed Jay I carefully and softly slide my phone into my back pocket.

"Sydney, I'm so sorry. This isn't how I wanted this to happen. You are an awesome friend! One of my best. You never let me down and you're so sweet and kind."

"Ugh, Brendon what's going on?" I asked now very worried about the true reason for him bringing me out here.

Tears beaded in his icy eyes as he looked at me. "Sydney they have my sister-"

"Whaa-Brendon!" I screamed pointing behind him.

Coming out from behind the tree was Logan with a cocked and loaded gun aimed at Brendon.

Logan pulled the trigger.

☽✣☾

Jay

"That fucking bastard! I'm going to rip his hands and shove them up his ass!" I growled.

That kid laid his hands all over my mate and expected me to stand here and take it! Well, he's got another thing coming for him!

"Jaycen! Stop. You are going to ruin this all! You are going to put all that Sydney is going through to waste by compromising the plan! Stop! The plans almost finished! She's going to get him outside through the side exit and we are going to pick them up. We will interrogate Brendon and find out what is going on with him and Elliot!"

My eyes started to glow at him yelling at me like a child, not an alpha.

"I know. Now where is she?" I asked in a deep and deadly voice.

"Ahh...Dancing with him." Mat said not looking me in the eye.

"What?" I asked calmly.

Mat's eyes locked on me. "She linked me when she couldn't get a hold of you, and I told her even though I know it would make her uncomfortable and anger you more that we had to get him out to capture him so what you two are going through won't be in vain."

"He's touching what's mine!" I growled at him, my eyes started to glow.

"Ja-"

"Where is she, Mathew? Where is my mate?!" I demanded looking around in the crowd searching for my Sydney.

"Terrence, yeah I need your help." Mat's voice came from behind me, but I didn't care.

I felt like the room was spinning and that if I didn't find my mate soon something terrible was going to happen.

My phone went off and I ripped it out of my pocket hoping that it was Sydney.

My heart raced seeing it was, but then it dropped when I read it.

Star: Help

I ran past Mat and Terrence who had just joined him and raced to the restrooms hoping that it would be silent enough for me to hear what she had to say.

"Jay what the fuck's going on?! Where's Sy-"

"Shut up!" I growled holding my phone.

Sydney's name popped up and I slide the bar over answering it. I placed it on speaker and listened to it.

The boys voice came through very quietly showing that he was standing away from her bringing me a little less stress. "Sydney, I'm so sorry. This isn't how I wanted this to happen. You are an awesome friend! One of my best. You never let me down and you're so sweet and kind."

I tensed at those words and from the looks of it, Mat and Terrence did too.

"Ugh, Brendon what's going on?" My mates' nervous voice came through.

There was a sniffle followed by, "Sydney they have my sister-"

"Whaa-Brendon!" Sydney started screaming.

My body locked up and the next thing that happened ripped my heart out of my chest.

A gun fired.

Before I could even hear what happened next I shifted.

Terrence and Mat immediately tried to stop me from leaving the bathroom, but I snarled at them.

"Out. Of. My. Way."

The two tried to battle against my commanding word, but they couldn't disobey.

Once I was out of the bathroom many people were already scrambling from the gunshot, but seeing a massive black wolf in there just made it worst.

Where's my mate!? My wolf howled.

Lifting our big nose my wolf sniffed the air. The smell of iron hit us like a wall of bricks.

Once locked on the god-awful smell I chased after it.

Running out the back exit I found Brendon lying on the ground in a pool of blood. Sydney was nowhere to be found.

Shifting and bending down I grabbed the collar of his shirt and lifted his face to mine.

"Where is she?!" I asked.

Not saying anything he turned his head and looked to a black van driving off.

Shifting back I tore after it.

As the van started to speed up my muscles started to pump and move faster.

My vision was going blurry, and I knew the protector in me was pushing forward.

I ran as fast as I could for as long as I could. After at least forty-minutes and over the coverage of twenty miles, exhaustion and pain started to catch up to me. Everything started to blur and the van drew further and further away from me.

"Sydney!" I cried right before I crashed into the ground and everything went black.

☽✣☾

EDITED JUNE 25 2020

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.9K 2.7K 41
They both have broken pasts that used to shine with the love they felt, now though now it is different the only thing they feel is pain, sadness, and...
151K 8.9K 34
• Completed • • Highest Ranking • #6 Werewolf February 2022 • Awards • 1st Place Paranormal Category: Splendiferous Awards May 2021 • Summary • ...
178K 6.1K 30
FIX ME ALPHA Emily Presto had a rough start in life. When she gets accepted into Nashmoore University, she can't help but feel hope for a bright futu...
48.1K 1.7K 14
short story !! Disclaimer: this is super cringey, I wrote it when I was like 14 sooo, but they've all been edited and now they're (a bit) better ?? H...