geek(ish)

By almiti

Who knew what could be made out of annoying calls, anonymous texts, and a little bit of chemistry? -highest... More

guide
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
epilogue
author's note
author's note #2
epilogue ; alternate ending
bonus chapter ; youre such a klutz
bonus chapter ; i dare you
bonus chapter ; luke, i am your father
bonus chapter ; extra tasty

21

10K 695 28
By almiti

Friday February 26
10:29am
SCHOOL

"Brooklyn?" Class had ended and I was in the middle of gathering my pages when my school's basketball coach approached me.

"Could I speak with you for a moment?" He asked and I nodded, ignoring the looks I got from passing students.

"You must have heard the boys' basketball season hasn't been off to a very good start," I nodded, "and I remember in your freshman year how much you loved to play."

That was true. My brother and I had a passion for basketball ever since we were young. Considering it used to be one of my favourite things, I decided to try out for the team and to my surprise I was given the position as point guard.

I played for both my freshman year and my sophomore year, but this year I decided to give it a break and focus of my grades. They're what matter most.

"I know you already told me you didn't want to play for the girls' this year," he smiled, "but I just love the way you play and you're an amazing player, so I was wondering if you could maybe help the boys' team a bit."

I was caught way off guard. Basketball was a hobby to me, nothing near a profession. I never saw myself good enough to be giving pointers and critiquing other players.

"Wow, I'm flattered, Mr. Karan," I told him, breathless. "I'm just curious, how could I help?"

He shrugged. "It would be almost like the role of an assistant coach. You just tell the boys anything you think will help."

"I don't know," I hesitated, "I'm not a very good teacher and don't really know how to explain my technique-"

"I know it's a bit to consider but it's completely up to you, Brooklyn. I wouldn't force this on you but please think about it. If you want to try it out, all you have to do is show up at lunch practice."

I sighed. There's no harm in trying.

"Alright, I'll think about it," I smiled.

"Thank you Brooklyn," he smiled back, "I hope to see you there."

Wow, a girl assisting the boys. Way to represent. I'll show them who can really play.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

456K 12.4K 26
People say sex is for people who are in a loving relationship, but you can't help it if you're intoxicated. Cassie Matthews has a one night stand wit...
MY PSYCO LOVER ! By moonchild

Mystery / Thriller

902 153 17
Love story of a boy whom everyone says a psycho and a sweet but daring girl ! But is he really Psycho or he is hiding something ? A girl will sh...
34.9K 3.5K 39
≫Can you please stop texting me. I don't know who you are.≪ ≫You have my number and you know my name. There is nothing more to know about me darling...
973K 72.2K 49
"I love how this book is turning out!😍 Not cliche at all!" - i_hatecliche "We might live next door to each other," Haley said, "but we don't live in...