Frozen Heart

By TeeNice

First Book of The Heart Series: The Frozen Heart She pulled back her power and saw the Alpha walking towards... More

Frozen Heart
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue
EXTRA CHAPTER I
EXTRA CHAPTER II (part 1)
EXTRA CHAPTER II (part 2)
Book II: Precious Heart

Chapter 20

2.2K 87 0
By TeeNice

The Dream

Eaton entered at the guest room without even knowing why Doc Gary summoned him. He walked towards to Doc Gary while all eyes were staring at him.

Doc Gary looked at Eaton and was about to say something when his eyes caught the sight of Solomon watching them.

Eaton saw that Doc Gary was hesitating while looking pass him, he follow where he was staring and saw Solomon staring at them void in any expression.

'I want you to do something' Doc Gary decided to talked through mind link and letting Alpha Slade and Beta Nicholas hear their conversation.

Eaton looked back at Doc Gary, 'what is it?'

'I want you to enter in her mind.' Doc Gary jerked his head towards the bed.

'Her?' Eaton looked at the bed and froze when he saw Paige lying still in the bed. 'Paige?' Eaton asked again and looked at Doctor.

The Doctor nodded.

Eaton step back shaking his head side by side, 'no' She would probably kill him if he try to enter in her mind.

'And why not?' Doc Gary lifts his eyebrow.

'Can you tell us what is going on?' Alpha Slade asked before Eaton could answer the Doctor's question.

Doc Gary steal a quick glance to Solomon before he answer the question, 'Her eyes were clouded' he looked at Eaton. 'As far as I remember, if the sorcerers cast something to the shifter, the shifter's eyes turns to clouded white hiding the pupils'

'And you think the only solution is letting Eaton enter in her mind?'

'The only one who can undo what the sorcerer did is also a sorcerer'

'I still can't do it' Eaton said.

'You're a sorcerer' Doc Gary said, 'every sorcerer has an ability to enter someone's mind'

'In case you've forgot, I am a hybrid' Eaton replied, 'and even if I am a full blooded sorcerer I still can't do it. Only powerful sorcerer can enter someone's mind especially if that someone is also powerful'

'It's worth trying than doing nothing' Doc Gary said giving Eaton no choice but to do it.

Solomon watches them as they talked in their pack link. He was hoping that they will share what they were talking in their mind. He tried to read the emotion in their faces but they were all passive.

His eyes were train to Eaton who sighed in defeat. His eyes follow Eaton walking towards the bet.

He took a step. "What are you..."

He was cut off by Alpha Slade who was grabbing his arm to stop him.

He tried to shrug it off but Alpha Slade tightens his grip in his arm.

"We should wait outside the room." Alpha Slade said.

"But–"

"They know what they doing Solomon. It is better for us to wait outside." Alpha Slade interrupt

Solomon nodded and sighed.

Alpha Slade and Solomon walked out the room and decided to wait outside.

+++

Her eyes fluttered open.

She blinked a few times waiting for her eyes to adjust and trying to remember what happen but she remember nothing. She can feel the soft mattress at her back and a soft blanket covering haft of her body.

The ceiling was painted with black as midnight sky. There's a detailed full moon that can clearly see the moon crust. Stars were shattered and looked like twinkling in her eyes.

She sat up and looked around. The room was forest theme. The fragrance of flowers overwhelmed her senses and everywhere she looks, it looks like she was in the middle of the forest. There's a bed beside her and it was empty. The bed covers are nicely done. In the middle of the two beds the window was open letting the sunlight and the gentle wind enter the room making the see-through curtains sway.

Her head immediately snapped in the direction of the door when she heard it open.

It was slowly open and a head popped out revealing a boy – a younger version of the man she encounters in the middle of the forest.

She froze immediately but the boy gave a toothy grin, "finally you're awake. Mom cook bacon and cheese waffles." the boy opens the door widely, "Hurry up or I'll eat your portion too." The boy grins widely but vanishes when she didn't reply. "Hey are you okay?" the boy asked, he looked at her worriedly.

Paige opens her mouth to answer and surprised when she heard a little girl voice. She looked around to search for the little girl but someone tugged her hands. She didn't notice the boy was already sitting at the bed in the front of her, staring at her while holding her hands. She feels her hands and the boy hands have a same size.

That's odd.

She looked down and saw the boy was holding at little hands. She blinked a few time, what happens to her hands?

The boy caught her attention again, "Hey, are you alright?" the boy put his palm to her forehead checking her temperature. "Are you sick?"

Paige shook her head.

"Are you sure?" the boy asked still worried.

She nodded. She couldn't bring herself to speak as her mind couldn't comprehend what's happening.

"Come on!" the boy grab her hand and pull her off the bed towards the door. "Let's eat breakfast"

She nodded again and let the boy lead her downstairs.

As they walked through the hallway, she let her eyes roam around and saw portraits in wall. There's a particular picture that caught her attention. A man with a silver eyes sitting beside the woman with a violet eyes smiling; there's a boy and a girl sitting in their lap happily smiling.

She stop as her eyes focus to the girl in the picture, 'is that me?' she thought.

"Come on" The boy tugged her hand pulling her towards the dining area.

The boy immediately let go of her hand and sat diligently at the dining table.

She walked slowly and meets the man and the woman who was at the picture she saw a while ago. She stood still whole staring at them.

"Mom" the boy called the attention of the woman who was busy placing the food in the table.

"What is it?" the woman went beside the bot and kissed his temple.

"Paige is acting weird" the boy answered. It was clear that the boy was worried.

The woman looked at her with concerned written all over her face and walked towards her. The woman gently put her hands in her arms brushing it up and down, "Are you okay honey?"

Paige was about to open her mouth to speak but a wave of dizziness hit her. Her knees gave up and her body sways backwards.

The woman immediately put her hands on her back to support her.

"Paige" the woman called her, "don't closed your eyes honey"

But her eyelids were too heavy that she can't control it.

"Vigo!" the last thing she heard was the woman shouted calling the man.

Then she's out.

+++

Solomon stood up straight seeing they finally open the door.

Beta Nicholas walked out from the room carrying unconscious Eaton in his shoulder.

"What happen?" Solomon asked.

Beta Nicholas looked at Solomon then Alpha Slade. He shook his head.

Alpha Slade nodded at his Beta.

Beta Nicholas excused himself and left.

Solomon and Alpha Slade entered the room and saw Doc tiredly sitting at the couch across the bed.

Doc looked up at them and sighed, "She's too strong..."

'And also the sorcerer who did this to her' Doc said to Alpha Slade through mind link. Doc stood up and left.

"All we have to do is to wait for her to wake up" Alpha Slade patted Solomon on shoulder and left too.

Solomon's eyes followed them as they left the room then he looked back at Paige sleeping peacefully in the bed.

He holds her hand with both of his hands then brought it to his lips. "Please open your eyes"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

492K 14.5K 44
Elise Dunatos was a miracle baby, a blessing to her family, but every blessing has a curse.
730K 16.4K 47
Ava, a lonely abused wolf. Forever alone is her motto. Jace, a feared alpha, know as heartless,uncaring,and rude. Jace always wanted a mate through...
1.3K 78 3
An emptiness in my stomach like I've starved myself for months Percy Jackson. © 2023
7.5M 273K 37
They say opposites attract. But what happens when a rogue and an Alpha who both crave chaos end up being mates? It seems like Moon Goddess has made h...