She Was Broken Beyond Repair

By Praggya_Sabarwal

[COMPLETED] [Hightest Ranking #3, From 3rd to 6th September 2016] She was an epitome of strength, though afra... More

COPYRIGHT
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWNENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
EPILOUGE
BONUS CHAPTER ONE
BONUS CHAPTER TWO
BONUS CHAPTER THREE
BONUS CHAPTER FOUR
IT'S TIME TO VOTE!!!!
BONUS CHAPTER FIVE
BONUS CHAPTER SIX
BONUS CHAPTER SEVEN
BONUS CHAPTER EIGHT
BONUS CHAPTER NINE
BONUS CHAPTER TEN
BONUS CHAPTER ELEVEN
BONUS CHAPTER TWELVE
BONUS CHAPTER THIRTEEN
QUESTIONS
ANSWERING QUESTIONS
MILESTONE
NEW STORY
NEW STORY

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

41.9K 1.2K 161
By Praggya_Sabarwal

Kyle Redmond P.O.V

After knowing that I can spend my entire day with Ryder and Noah tomorrow, I felt ecstatic.
Well tomorrow is going to be a family day just like I and my kids want. I smirked to myself thinking about tomorrow and my plan.

After my call with Paisley, I was thinking of ways to get rid of Dawson. I want him to be out of States till the time I am here to woo back Paisley.

Thinking for hours, I finally got the solution. Without wasting another passing second, I called my right hand Ronald.

"Good evening Mr.Redmond." He spoke in a professional voice.

"Ronald I want you to divert Dawson's most important clients to us by tomorrow." I told him in a monotone voice.

"Sir, that not possible! The Dawson Holdings have been very cooperative with them. It'll surely take us atleast at week to do that." He replied.

"Well I don't give a living f*ck about it! You will do it, if you want your job!" I said and cut the call without waiting for his reply.

I know my work will be done by tomorrow. After tomorrow, Luke Dawson won't be a problem.

With this thought went off to sleep.

................................

It was excatly 8:30 am the next morning when I rang Paisley's doorbell.

There she stood on the door looking as gorgeous as ever. Dressed professionally in a black blazer and black trousers with a white satin blouse and black high heels that beautifully complimented her look and made her look confident and fierce.

I was just there staring at her for what seemed like years until her remark brought me back

"Done being gentleman, Kyle?" She asked her voice dripping with sarcasm. Oh! How I missed that scarcam.

I gulped and said giving her my signature smirk "Well there is nothing wrong in admiring my wife now, is it?"

She just scoffed at my retort.
"The boys are having breakfast. Do you wanna come in?" She asked through gritted teeth.

"Sure!" I said and followed her inside.

Once inside the kitchen I saw the little troublemakers having their breakfast sitting on their high chairs.

"Good morning boys!" I said standing behind them.

They looked up and smiled showing off their pearly whites.

"Good morning daddy!" They greeted together lifting their little arms indicating me to lift them.

"Daddy can't lift you both until you are done with your breakfast." I said patting their heads. They just smiled going back to eating their pancakes and eggs.

"Would you like some breakfast? They will still take sometime to finish." Paisley said sitting down opposite to the boys.

"Of course! I missed your pancakes over the years." I said giving her a smile. In turn I received a hard glare that was enough for me to she was annoyed.

"Well, wouldn't you make me plate?" I asked her after a couple of minutes.

"Um... the plate is right in front you along with the breakfast. Put whatever you feel like. God has gifted you with two hands, use them!" She snapped and rolled her eyes.

It's weird she always used make a plate for me. It bloody hurts! Seeing her so cold and distant to me, it breaks my heart every single time. But I deserve it for what I put her through.

Swallowing my pride. I just put some srambbled eggs and pancakes in my plate.

"Here." She said said and I looked up and saw her holding a mug in her hand.

I looked at her with raised eyebrows.

"Coffee." She said her face devoid of all emotions.

"Oh thanks!" I said politely, contemplating why did she give me the coffee when she snapped at me not too long ago.

"Mommy I don't want to drwink my milk." Ryder said pushing it away from him.

"Ryder, that's not up for discussion, honey. You have to drink it, look Noah has already finished his." Paisley told him in soft yet stern voice only a mother could muster.

"Yeah mommy! I did fwinish it. You are such a crybaby Rywder!" Noah said teasing Ryder.

"Noah, don't do that. Ryder love, please finish your milk." Paisley said.

"No! I won't drink it." He said huffing and shook his head rigoursly.

"Ryder, listen to your mom. Finish your milk, mate." I said trying to convince him.

"I won't! Why can't you and mommy liswten!?" Ryder yelled throwing an unnecessary tantrum.

"Ryder! You are not suppose to shout on your elders. Where are your manners, huh, boy?" Paisley scolded him without losing her calm.

"I will not drwink this." He said pointing towards the milk.

"What has gotten into you today? You have to finish it, Ryder. Stop troubling me, and finish it right now, please!" Paisley tried again.

"I will not mommy. You stop!" Ryder shouted again and leaned forward to push the glass of milk off the table, but Paisley snatched it away right on time.

"Ryder Redmond! You will not speak to your mom like that again! You better finish off your glass of milk this instant or else, you won't come with me today, only Noah will. The choice is yours!" I said not liking the fact that I had to be so rigid with him.

He looked at Paisley as she placed the glass back on the table, and he gulped all the milk immediately.

"Good. Now apologise to your mother." I said my voice giving away little to no emotions.

"I am sorwy mommy. I will not do it agwain." He said keeping his head down in shame.

"It's fine, darling. But you are not suppose to shout on your elders or anybody for that matter without any reason." Paisley cupped his cubby cheek placing a kiss on his hand.

He nodded giving her a small smile.

After we all were done with the breakfast Paisley handed me their bags.

"Does this have another set of clothes for them?" I asked while taking the bags from her.

"Yes. Why?" She enquired.

"Do they know how to swim?" I asked.

"Oh! They were born national swimmers, Kyle. Of course they don't. They are almost 4 years!" She said rolling her eyes.

Damn! I sound so stupid. I thought to myself.

"Oh yeah! I wasn't thinking." I said rubbing the back of my neck.

"Whatever. They are both toilet trained. These bags have everything you need or might need in it. The blue one is Noah's and the green one is Ryder's. Yesterday they ate 3 scoops of ice-cream, try they don't eat it today and if they do, not more than a one. Remember not to feed them anything that contains peanuts, they're allergic to them." Paisley instructed.

"Okay." I replied making a mental note of each instruction given to me.

She turned around and went inside the kitchen.

"Noah, Ryder why is mommy going back to the kitchen again?" I asked them.

"She is making a plwate of breakfwast for Uncle Luke. He is still sleeping, he came home late last night mommy told us." Noah answered my question.

She can do that for him even when he is sleeping, but not for me. Her husband. I honestly feel like killing him! It is seriously unbareable now. Thank God! I have a plan to make him leave the States, else I would have gone insane.

She came after a few mintues and said "You can take them now. I have to leave."

"Yep. Listen?" I said.

"Yes." Paisley replied.

"Can I drop you off to your workplace?" I asked hoping she would say yes.

"No. I have a car and can drive myself." She said and walked towards the kids and bent down to their level.

"Bye babies! Mommy will see you in the evening. And remember what I said yesterday." She said patting their heads.

"Okay. Bye mommy! Love You!" Noah said hugging her.

"I love you too mommy!" Ryder said joining their hug.

I so wanted to go and join them but I refrained from doing so.

"I love you both. Now go with daddy, he's waiting." She said.

They walked out of the house towards my car standing on the porch.

"They have left. You should also go." She said opening the door open for me to walk out of the house.

I walked out and she turned around to lock the door.

I was standing closely behind her and she gasped turning around after locking.

"Move back!" She said in a stern voice.

"Not before I do this." I said and gave her a small kiss and pulled back before she could react.

"You have to stop doing that! I won't tolerate it! It's practically violating!" She said shoving me aside and went to the car.

I walked back to my car where the kids were standing.

"Let's get going!" I said making them sit into their car seats and driving away from the house.

.................................

Paisley Redmond P.O.V

I reached the firm at 9:30.

I entered greeting people on the way and went straight upto my floor, floor 19.

As I reached my desk my co-worker and friend Jennifer told me Mr.Brown requested he wanted to meet me urgently.

Mr.Carl Brown is a 55 year old man. He may seem very strict to others but he is actually a very gentle person. He treats me like his daughter and my adores my son's alot.

I knocked on the door and he asked me to come in.

"Morning Mr.Brown!" I greeted him with a big smile.

"Morning my child! Have a seat." He said giving me a warm fatherly smile.

"Jennifer told me you wanted to meet me urgently." I said.

"Can't I wish meet my daughter just like that?" He asked raising his eyebrows.

"Of course, you can!" I replied with a small laugh.

"Okay. So, I wanted to discuss about something very important with you." He said, his carefree playful demeanour replaced by seriousness.

I nodded giving him my full attention.
"As you know we were lacking money in the firm a couple of years ago and a firm from Britain invested and saved our firm. They are basically share holders in our firm. About fifty-one percent of the firm is owned by them and they have started to lack a couple of lawyers in their firm back in Britain. Therefore, they want me to send some of my most capable lawyers to London for sometime till they can help in some high-profile cases. I have choosen you as one of them. The living arrangement, expenses other facilities and schools for children will be taken care by them. Do you agree to this proposition? Can you go to London?" Mr.Brown asked me and my lips pressed in a thin line.

"Mr.Brown.. I.. I mean I am not to sure about it. Noah and Ryder are too young for me to manage the shifting, alone. I don't know how will they settle there. I mean the weather, food everything is different. I don't think so they will adapt to London." I answered honestly.

"But Paisley, think it can even mould them for good. At a young age they can learn to adjust. Besides you are my most capable and the best lawyer I have on team, I really want you to go." He insisted.

"What about our firm here?" I asked.

"I will take care of that. Please you just agree to it." Mr.Brown requested.

"Who all have you selected along with me?" I asked with a little uncertainty.

"Jennifer, Rebecca, Chole, You, Drake, Simon, Daniel, Asher and Cole." He answered right away, well these people happen to be my friends.

"Oh okay. And for how long will this arrangement be?" I enquired further.

"Two-four months, at the max six months." He answered.

"Mr.Brown, I honestly think it will be impossible for me. Noah and Ryder go to a pre-school and with other stuff it will be hard." I told him biting on my bottom lip in nervousness.

"I know, Paisley, but you have to do it for the firm." Mr.Brown told me.

"What is the firm's name and who is this investor?" I asked out of sheer curiousity.

"Well, that will stay have to stay confidential till you all sign the contract." He said and a frown marred my face.

"Why should I sign a contract without knowing the person's identity? They might be con's for all I know!" I said.

"Trust me, they are not. They are trusted people. Trusted by me! I will personally look into everything and make sure it's safe. All you have to do is agree to it." Mr.Brown assured me.

"Has everybody else agreed to it?" I asked

"Yes. If you also agree, then the nine of you will sign the contract by the end of this week." He said.

"And when do we have to move?" I asked.

"Four weeks from now. And if you will worry about the house and stuff don't do, because all you have to do is pack your basic necessities. Major facilities will be taken care of by them." Explained Mr.Brown.

"Okay Mr.Brown. I accept it." I told him and his face spilt into a huge grin.

"Thank you, Paisley! It will really help our firm." He said, his eyes sparkling with happiness.

"Not a problem, Mr.Brown. I should get back to work." I said and stood up to take my leave.

"Sure!" He answered.

I did not agree to this offer just like that. I already have to go to London for the divorce proceedings. After that when I and Kyle work out a schedule regarding Ryder and Noah, I can ensure they both are living with him the time I will be there for work and can bring them back with me. This way I can help them adjust there and take care of both of them.

It was 1:30 when my phone rang. I picked it up and saw it was Kyle calling.

"Hello Paisley?" His voice is full of panic, and my heart dropped to the pit of my stomach at the thought of something happening to my kids.

"Hello? What happened are the kids alright?" I asked worried about my babies.

"Uh....no. Ryder has high temperature. I don't know what to do! He's been crying! I don't know how to calm him down. He's calling for you. Please come here quick! I am at the Clinton Hotel(made up not real)." He said sounding lost and my eyes squeezed shut.

"Just give the phone to him." I said my own voice laced with fear.

"Mommy....mommy. Please come b-back." Ryder said crying and my heart broke.

"Don't worry, honey, mommy is on her way to you. You'll be fine!" I assured my baby boy.

"C-come fa-faast mommy." Ryder sobbed and my own eyes moistened.

"Yes, my love, I am coming. Please wait for a few mintues and give the phone to daddy please." I told my son.

"Hey. What do I do?" Kyle asked.

"Just make him sit at one place, don't let him run around and try to make him stop crying. I'll be there in 20." I insturcted Kyle.

"Will do, please make it fast." Kyle said and I could sense the stress in his tone.

"I am leaving. Tell him I am coming and do as I say." I said cutting the call already collecting my things and walked out of my cabin.

I informed Mr.Brown about Ryder and left work.

...........................

Kyle Redmond P.O.V

"Will mommy come daddy?" Noah asked me while Ryder was laughing.

"Oh yes! She will come, buddy. She'll be here soon." I said with a smug look on my face.

Well, Ryder does not have a temperature. I just wanted to spend a day with my wife and kids like a usual family would do. I knew if I would have asked Paisely to come with us, she whould have outrightly refused. So, I had to fake Ryder having temperature and crying calling for his mother.

I am sure she'll explode the moment she knows all this was fake, but in my defense, I just want to spend time with her and our sons.

After excatly 20 minutes the bell of my suite rang. I knew it was Paisley.

Bracing myself for her anger I opened the door.

"Where is he? Is he fine?" She asked fractically.

"Paisley I um.." I didn't know what to tell all this was a prank.

"Ryder? Ryder, baby where are you?" She walked past me looking for him.

"I am here mommy!" Ryder said running out of my room smiling widely. Good lord!

"Oh my baby! How are you feeling? Daddy said you were crying." She said and walked towards him and picked him up in her arms.

"You don't have a temperature, Ryder!" She said touching his forehead and neck.

"No mommy. I don't have a temwture." He said smiling at her again and I gulped audibly.

"You lied to mommy, Ryder?" She asked, her eyes widened in shock.

"I am sorwy mommy!" He said.

She just looked at him and set him down. "Go and bring Noah with you." She instructed him and he ran off.

"Paisley listen..." I tried to reason out with her.

"I am going to drop them off at mom's house. Once I get back, we'll talk." She said and picked up their bags.

"No! Paisley you can't do that! I want to spend the day with you and the boys. Please!" I said my voice holding a hint of desperation.

"Noah, Ryder come out!" She almost yelled ignoring me completely.

"Don't please! I am sorry! I acted immature. Just stop please!" I apologised.

"Are we leaving mommy?" Noah asked her with fear as they both came out.

"Yes. Now come!" She ordered.

"No, mommy please!" Noah begged.

"Yes mom. I am very sorwy! I will never lie to you ever agwain." Ryder said.

"I said follow me boys. Now!" Paisley said her stance firm.

"No. Please I am sorwy mommy. Please!" Ryder with guilt.

"Noah, Ryder just go to the room please. Leave me and mom alone for a moment." I said and they ran back to the room in a jiffy.

I walked behind them and closed the door.

"Paisley, please don't be upset. I am sorry for scaring you that way. Forgive me please!" I said.

"For what all will you ask for forgiveness, Kyle? My kids have never lied to me ever. For the first time it happened and because of you! I have tried everything in my power to make sure they do not turn out like you, but guess what? It's only been three days they have know about you, and already doing the things I never wanted them to. You are turning them into liars! A liar like you, Kyle!" She said looking at me with disgust.

"Listen, I am sorry! But you cannot accuse of turning them into a liar. It has just happened once you are clearly overreacting." I told her in a firm voice after she accused me of turning my own flesh and blood  into liar's.

"For you, it might not be a big thing, but for me, it is. My kids have never lied before, but this won't matter to you cause, lying for you is as simple as breathing. You lied to me for two years! A person like you should give tutorial to people about how to lie to others!" She said with anger lacing her every word.

"Paisley, you are really going over board. It's better if you stop cause I have never done that. Please just forget it and spend a day with us." I said irritated to the core.

"I am going over board? And you didn't when you did that to me? When you called me your legalised wh*re? That was not going overboard?" She yelled.

I hung my head low in shame. This is not the only thing I did to her, much more than that was done.
I just kept quiet knowing she was right all along. I had gone overborad that night.

"Now you don't have an answer to my question. If you don't have an answer to it, do not lecture me about going overboard." She taunted.

"Now, I am taking my kids away from you. Better think about it and don't call me to meet them till you realise what you are teaching them." She said after a couple of mintues of silence.

"Please! Just stay for some hours. The boys do need to know how it is like to spend a day with both their parents. I am sure you know that they were made fun of in school because they haven't done it till yet." I said deliberately mentioning the incident.

"How do you know about it?" She asked surprised.

"Well the boys told me how they were made fun of. So, I thought we could do it today." I told her.

"Mommy?" Noah said coming out of the door with Ryder trailing behind him.

"Yes, Noah?" She asked turning around.

"We are sorwy! We want to spend the day with you and daddy, so that we can go to school and tell Jack about it. We will never lie agwain mom plewse stay with us today." He pleaded with watery eyes.

"Fine! Do whatever the three of you want I have some work to do. Don't come and disturb me." She said in a monotone voice.

"Yipeeeeee!! Thank you mommy! I prowise I will not lie to you agwain." Ryder said jumping and Paisley only nodded.

"Is there another room here apart from yours?" She turned around and asked me.

"Oh! You can work in my room, me and the boys will be fine in here....." I said and she cut me off.

"I said, Is.There.Another.Room.Apart From.Yours? She said saying each word slowly.

"Yes. Just go straight there it is on the right." I replied.

She picked up her bag and walked straight without looking back at me or the boys.

..............................

It was currently 5 pm. The kids have tried to get Paisely out of the room for hours but she just came out now.

"Let's go boys!" Paisley said coming out of the room.

"Not now mom, plewse." Noah said while playing with the rubber ball along with me and Ryder.

"Paisley, you said I had time untill dinner with them. Please be fair there are still a couple of hours to go." I said to her.

"Drop them off after dinner. I am leaving." She said and started walking out of the door.

"No, mom, plewse stay." "Stay with us mommy." Noah and Ryder said holding both her legs preventing her from waking, since her arms were folded across her chest and they couldn't reach till there.

"I can't. I have to go, darlings. Please leave me." She said softly.

"Remember about the incident at their school, Paisley. It's just a matter of a couple of hours." I said purposely mentioning that incident again.

"Fine! But we'll leave after dinner." She said and turned back in the direction of the room.

"Mommy come and play with us." They boys said in unison and she gave a little huff and joined us.

"After I make a call." She said.

She called and the person turned out to be none other than Luke Dawson.

"Hey Luke! I won't be home for dinner along with the boys. I am stuck somewhere. Please make yourself and me dinner or order something if you want." He must be saying something because she was quiet for a while.

"Okay. Bye!" She said and ended the call with a chuckle.

She won't even have dinner with me. I have a long way to go, I thought to myself.

After the call she came and sat with the three of us.

Let's just say after that we all spent time like a normal happy family playing and having fun. And my kids forcefully making her eat dinner with us.

By the time my family left I was hoping to spend more moments like these with them forever.

................
Hey Babies!

Paisley is one hell of a woman when she is angry.
And Kyle? He did much more to her than just calling her inappropriate words.

I hope you liked it.

Kindly vote, comment and share.

Until next time:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

279K 7.9K 36
The journey of two people...ex-best friends if I may add I guess wanting to keep your reputation and pride intact in front of others costs you someth...
1.2M 41.1K 68
He was filled with ego, rudeness, and cruelty. Every girl throws themselves on him just for his looks and money, but there is only one girl in his li...
289K 7.5K 61
"Treat me like your wife. I want you to give me a chance, give this marriage a chance." He looks at me with those brilliant blue eyes of his. His eye...
239K 22.5K 165
There was a child who grown up under unusual circumstances which made his childhood bitter. With time the child turned out as a man and his lonelines...