Balance of Light and Dark (Na...

By blackstarlove19

What would you do if you knew your time was almost out? that as the seconds passed, your end draws near? Ho... More

Chapter 1: Meeting team 7
Chapter 2: The bell test
Chapter 3: a C rank mission
Chapter 4: C rank turns A rank
Chapter 6: There are real heroes
Chapter 7: Rememeber me
Special no.1 Meeting Sasuke
Chapter 8: Finishing trainning
Chapter 9: Battle on the bridge
Special no.2 A mission with the jounins
Chapter 10: The jounins ambush
Chapter 11: Reuniting with friends
Chapter 12: Chunin exams
Chapter 13: Forest of Death: Encounter with a snake
Chapter 14: Forest of Death: A friend's help
Chapter 15: The perliminaries suprise
Chapter 16: Devastating news
Chapter 17: A day in the hospital
Chapter 18: A birthday party
Chapter 19: Encounters with Garaa
Chapter 20: The third exam begins
Chapter 21: Trying to fix it!
Chapter 22: The sand and sound attack!
Chapter 23:Family or Revenge?
Chapter 24: The breaking point
Chapter 25: A new enemy
Chapter 26: Mission: find the medic
Chapter 27:The Legendary sucker
Chapter 28:The bet
Chapter 29: Training to the limit!!
Chapter 30: A battle with the snake's follower!!
Chapter 31: More than one way to die!!
Chapter 32: Have to find an answer!
Chapter 33: An A rank mission
chapter 34: Old friends!
Chapter 35 : Riddles!!
Chapter 36: The tale of seven years ago!
Chapter 37 : A mission change
Chapter 38 : More flashbacks!!!
Chapter 39 : Divide and patrol
chapter 40: The target
Chapter 41: An unexpected night
chapter 42: The battle starts
Chapter 43: One vs one
Chapter 44: Sacrifice and guilt
Chapter 45:Pulling from the darkness
Chapter 46: Back
Chapter 47: New announcements!
Chapter 48: Sasuke Retrieval!
Chapter 49: Departure!
Sequel is up!!

Chapter 5: Climbing trees

2.1K 87 6
By blackstarlove19

This chapter is dedicated to emerden101, since she was the first to comment on my story.

Chapter 5

Sara Pov

We were now at Tazuna’s house, we met his daughter tsunami, and I waited till Kakashi sensei was to tell them about Zabuza.

Kakashi peers up at us from his bed sheepishly.

“I think I over did it with my sharingan” he mutters.

“Look Kakashi sensei” she begins with a sigh “your sharingan is amazing and all, but if it puts this much strain on you, then maybe it’s just not worth using it?”

“Well, you did take out one of the most powerful ninja assassins, so we’ll be safe for a while” Tazuna grunts, as Sakura gives Kakashi a thoughtful look.

“Yeah….But what about that boy with the mask?” she asks, fidgeting in her seat.

Kakashi explains all about hunter Nins, and how they do their job, when he finishes he leans forward, resting his hand on his forehead.

“Something wrong Kakashi sensei?” Naruto questions him, making the jounin sit up straight in surprise.

“Hmm? Oh, yeah, I’m fine” he assures the blonde. “To finish what I was saying before, tracker ninja deal with the body immediately, on the spot, so there’s no room for error”

“So you realized too” I tell him in a calm voice, making all eyes turn to me “I realized it there, but you fainted before I could say anything”

“Realized what?” Sakura questions.

“Well, think about it” he replies “Do you remember what that tracker ninja did with Zabuza’s body?”

“Ummm, well, we don’t know what he did” Sakura reminds him sounding confused. “He took the body away with him”

Kakashi nods thoughtfully.

“Exactly. But why?” he asks brows furrowing “He should’ve worked on Zabuza right there, as quickly as possible.”

“Think of the weapons he used to take Zabuza down” I tell them.

“Senbon needles” Sasuke supplies, before realization dawns on him “No way!”

Kakashi and I nod.

“Exactly, from my experience Senbon needles need to hit a vital organ to kill” I inform them

“None of it adds up…” Kakashi mutters

“What are you guys talking about?” Tazuna asked.

“Most likely Zabuza’s alive” Kakashi conclude, I nod in agreement.

 I look at the others to see shock written all over their faces.

“But Kakashi sensei you checked him yourself!” Sakura cries “You said his heart has stopped sensei!”

“That must just have been a temporary state of death, I use it sometimes too” Kakashi nods.

“Like I said before Senbon needles kill if they hit a vital organ not the neck”

“That’s right” Kakashi agrees “They can be modified for medical use, such as acupuncture. Trackers are specially trained to know every detail of the human body. Temporarily stopping the heart, while keeping the body alive, is an easy task for them.”

“First of all” the jounin continues “He carried Zabuza’s body away, even though it’s much heavier than his own. Secondly, he used non-lethal Senbon needles. So from these two facts, we can conclude that the tracker wasn’t trying to dispose of Zabuza, he was trying to save him”

Tazuna shifts from his spot on the floor.

“C’mon!” he drawls “You’re over thinking this aren’t you?”

“No with all the suspicion we will prepare before it’s too late. That’s a shinobi rule. Plus whether Zabuza is dead or alive there are no assurances that Gato hasn’t hired an even stronger shinobi”

“Hold on!” Sakura demands, holding up a hand “A little last minute training isn’t gonna make us any stronger! You could barely defeat Zabuza, even with your Sharingan! We have to be reasonable about this!”

“Sakura, why do you think I was able to stop Zabuza?” Kakashi asks her, continuing without waiting for an answer “Because, you all helped me. You’ve grown. Naruto! You’ve grown the most”

“So you noticed!” he exclaims proudly, as Kakashi sends him a closed eye smile. “Now things are gonna get better. Believe it!”

“I don’t believe it! And nothing’s gonna be good!” a voice cries angrily. Everyone turns to the door in surprise. A little brown haired boy with a white hat is standing in the doorway, glaring at everyone. Naruto jabs a finger in his direction.

“Who are you?!” He blows, as Tazuna scurries to his feet.

“Inari! Where have you been?!” He cries happily as the little boy runs to him.

“Welcome back grandpa!” he replies excitedly, hugging Tazuna tightly. Tsunami walks over to him, hands on her hips.

“Inari, that was very rude!” she scolds him “These ninja helped your grandpa back here safely!”

“It’s okay! I’m rude to them too!” he laughs, while patting Inari’s head. The kid just glares back at us, before turning to his mother.

“Mother, don’t you see?! These people are gonna die!” he tells her frantically, making Naruto clench his fists. “Gato and his men are gonna come back, find them and kill them all!”

“What’d you say brat?!” he questions angrily, jumping to his feet “Listen up! You know what a super ninja is?!”

“Well, it’s me, only a lot better! I’m gonna be Hokage someday!” he states “This Gato or Blato or whatever his name is, is no match for a hero like me!” Believe it!”

Inari glares up at Naruto.

“Huh, there’s no such thing as a hero!” he yells. “You’re just full of stupid ideas!”

Naruto stares at Inari wide eyed, before growing angry, pointed teeth.

“What’d you say?!” he yells, struggling to get away from Sakura, who is struggling to him back.

“Naruto stop it! He’s just a kid!” she cries, as Inari turns to leave the room.

“If you all wanna stay alive, you should go back where you came from” he informs us, before turning around and leaving the room.

Tazuna sighs.

“Sorry about that” he grumbles. Naruto follows after him.

“Alright! Training starts now!” Kakashi tells us, leaning on a wooden crutch.

“Right!” Naruto salutes him. We were now in a forest close to the village. It was full of tall green trees.

“We will begin with a review of chakra, the ninja’s basic source of power. Understanding chakra, and how it works, is essential” Kakashi continues, as Sasuke puts his hands in his pockets.

“We already know that” the Uchiha sighs, while Naruto grins his eyes closed.

“He’s right!” the blonde agrees brightly “A long time ago we learned about catra!”

“It’s chakra” Kakashi corrects, making Naruto sweat drop. “Go ahead Sakura”

She goes explaining what chakra is, and I doze off admiring the woods around us.

“Sara!” I am brought back from my thoughts by Kakashi.

“Yes?”

“Can you show them how to climb a tree without hands?” he tells me, I think this is his way of telling me it’s no use hiding what I know now.

“Fine” I do a hand sign, gathering chakra to the bottom of my legs before I walk to a tree and start climbing, till I reach the first branch I stand there to see the looks of amazement the three are giving me.

I jump down Kakashi explains the point of the training and how to do it. He hands each of them a kunai, telling them, to mark the highest point they reach.

“Who exactly are you?” Sasuke asks me making the others look at me as well.

“That Zabuza guy called you some nickname” he states

“And come to think of it” Sakura joins the conversation “When you fought against his clones, you moved really fast, and when we were back at the house, you knew all about those needles”

“And now you know this tree climbing thing” Naruto adds.

I sigh before I sit down, motioning for them to sit down.

They four of us sit in a circle while Kakashi sensei, sits at the feet of tree resting his back on it.

“Well” I start talking, and they look at me curiosity written all over their faces “how do I say this? I am what people call a prodigy”

 There face were now one of shock.

“I became a ninja, when I was 6 years old” I continue “Right now; I am at jounin skill level, as for the reason on why I remained a Genin or why I joined your team, well I don’t plan on telling you right now”

“And the nickname, the light princess?” Sakura asks me

“That was given to me by other ninja’s and has to do with some stuff related to my clan, which I’m not telling you about it now too” When I see them about to argue with that “Look I told all I plan on telling you at the moment, as for rest I will tell when the time is right ok? I wasn’t planning on telling you about this anytime soon, but this mission is an A rank now, which means I can’t hold back” they nod before standing up to start the training, I can see they have a lot of questions, but where is the fun in telling all  of it at once, I smile at that thought.

“Since you’re not very experienced with this, you should run at the tree to gain momentum” Kakashi informs them, and they start running at the tree, after they gathered chakra to the bottom of their feet.

“Chaaaaarge!” Naruto shouts running at the tree. He takes two steps onto the tree and slides down, landing heavily on his back. Sasuke runs about three meters up a tree, before slicing it and doing a flip, landing back on the ground.

“Well, that’s about what I expected from Sasuke…. And Naruto” I hear Kakashi mumble, I just sit on the ground watching them.

“Hey, this is fun!” Sakura giggles. I glance up at a tree, only to see her sitting on a branch, about twenty meters up. Sasuke and Naruto look shocked, and slightly annoyed.

“Well, looks like out of the three, that Sakura has the best chakra control” Kakashi compliments.

“Well done Sakura” Kakashi praises the pinkette, making her smile.

“Yeah! Way to go Sakura-Chan!” Naruto cheers, making Sakura sweat drop. “I always knew you were awesome! Believe it!”

“Whatever” Sasuke mumbles jealousy, looking away.

I zone out for the rest of training as I lay on my back watching the clouds.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1K 452 30
In canon Naruto, team 7 consisted of Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura. But, what if Sakura decided to stay civilian and another girl took her place on team...
1.1M 52.1K 73
The war is over. Yet, only one left alive is her. A girl, they never paid enough attention to. A girl, who is to be sent in time and change the whole...
100K 2.1K 37
Yume and Sasuke were together for as long as they could remember and had a wonderful life with their family. Yume had deep feelings of adoration towa...
208K 6.1K 18
The war has ended, but nothing is as it should be. Team 7 is always busy and never see each other. Then they are sent on a mission to the Land of Win...