Remember Me Slowly: Book I [U...

By saccharinewriter_

When good and evil crosses paths... "I'm sorry, have I seen you before?" "Uh, no. I think you have the w... More

Prologue
Author's Note
Chapter 1 // Why Hello, Stranger.
Chapter 2 // He Actually Doesn't Know You
Chapter 3 // Have The White Flag Really Risen Or Not?
Chapter 4 // Food Fight Mayhem
Chapter 5 // Hit That Cockroach!
Chapter 7 // Sleep Talking Issues
Chapter 8 // The Truth & The Reconciliation
Chapter 9 // Castella Cafe & the Boy Genius
Chapter 10 // City of Heroes
Chapter 11 // What He Doesn't Know Won't Hurt Him, Right?
Chapter 12 // Bunny Hops In
Chapter 13 // Resurrected
Chapter 14 // The Reason Why She Died
Chapter 15 // Kidnapped
Chapter 16 // Merciless Shadow Puff Girl
Chapter 17 // Aftermath
Chapter 18 // Attack
Chapter 19 // Punk's and Sleeping Beauty
Chapter 20 // One, Two , Three Let's Do This!
Chapter 21 // Open Your Eyes
Chapter 22 // Sleeping Beauty No More
Chapter 23 // Consider Yourself Warned
Halloween Special: Extra Chapter // Reaper
Chapter 24 // Punishments and Love Potions
Chapter 25 // Brokenhearted By the Sad Truth
Chapter 26 // After Every Storm Comes A Rainbow
Chapter 27 // I Made Up My Mind
Chapter 28 // Camping Part 1: The White Powerpuff For Reals?
Chapter 29 // Camping Part 2: I'll Fall With You, No Matter Where
Chapter 30 // Camping Part 3: I Have Missed My Bad Boy]
Chapter 31 // Camping Part 4: Wax Your Ears
Chapter 32 // Camping Part 5: We Found Them!
Chapter 33 // I Have Something to Tell You
Chapter 34 // To Tell or Not To Tell?
Chapter 35 // Christmas Special: Mission Successful plus Christmas Party
Epilogue
Author's Thank You Note
My YT Account :D

Chapter 6 // Mystery of the Blonde Guy at the Greenhouse

5.6K 128 51
By saccharinewriter_

Chapter VI. Mystery of the Blonde Guy at the Greenhouse

//Momoko’s POV

“OUCH!” Someone gasped in the room with Kaoru.

I looked knowingly at Miyako and we both decided to just go along with it. Sigh, Kaoru is so easy to read when she’s hiding something.

“That’s Butch inside with Kaoru, right?” I whispered to Miyako.

“Yeah…” She nodded her head.

“I knew it. She’s so easy to read when it comes to things she hides” I sighed. Mostly when she hides something she gets all giddy and nervous, she begins to stutter.

“Just go along with it”

“Haii~” Miyako giggled and took in a deep breath,

“DID THE COCKROACH JUST SAID ‘OUCH’?!” she says loudly and acted like she was panicking. I muffled my laughter. This is going to be fun.

Acting skills, don’t fail me now. I also sucked in a deep breathe,

“That’s it, we are going in there!” I said with force. Both Miyako and I fought our urge to laugh at the current situation. It’s just too funny, but the big question is… what’s Butch doing in Kaoru’s house? I mean, Out of all us three… Kaoru’s the one who has deep hatred toward the three hooligans.

“Holy flapjacks!”

We heard Kaoru scream inside her room and it became noisy. We slowly unlocked the door and we cautiously walked inside.

Put in one foot, then the other, and then do it again… We stopped in the middle of her room. We looked around and both of them were nowhere to be found.

“Where did Kao-chan go?” Miyako asked still pretending we don’t know Butch is with her.

I shrugged and scanned the whole place. My eyes stopped at the open window and I looked at Miyako,

“Do you think she jumped off on that window?”

“Why would she do that?? Unless… she’s hiding something from us” Miyako said cautiously.

Honestly, why would she jump off? Unless if she transformed. But transforming would take you a minute or two and if she did we would’ve seen a bright green light flashing under her door before we barged in. So Transforming is a no.

“Miya-chi, she can’t jump off from the window… we’re on the eight floor, remember?--”

“--Unless she transformed” I whispered oh-so quietly in her ear. And she nodded.

Where could she be hiding? We checked under the bed and came up on thing. Our only last option was…

Her closet

Miyako nudge me with her elbow, “Should we open it???” She asked softly

I thought for a while and came up with an evil brilliant idea. “I have an idea, Follow my lead” She nodded.

“Just tell them we decided to camp in your closet” Butch joked. We laughed a little at this and I put my plans into action.

“That’s honestly weird, it’s like Kaoru vanished in thin air…” I wondered aloud.

“Do you think she’s been eaten by aliens!?” Miyako gasped, “Miyako, you’re exaggerating… She must be in the bathroom. Let’s just go”

“Okay” Miyako says

Then I whispered into Miyako’s ears, “Go beside the closet!”

She went beside the closet and I went to the door. I opened the door and closed it, but actually I didn’t go outside. I ran to the other side of the closet.

The plan is, ‘Make-her-think-you-left-the-room’

This is going to be fun. Kehehehehe. What? I can be evil too you know.

//Kaoru’s POV

When they both stepped into my room, I literally stopped breathing. What if they found us?? Eek.

Then I felt something touching my butt, I glared at Butch even though he can’t see me. The closet was dark and cramped. We’re like sardines in a can.

“Butch, is that your hand touching my bottom?!” I hissed.

“Hmmm…That might be a snake?”

“Shut up! There are no snakes in my closet!”

He just chuckled. “This is no time to be laughing! What if they caught us here?” I shushed him.

“Just tell them we decided to camp in your closet”

“You’re funny” I sarcastically spat at him. “I know” He chuckled, “Shut up before I scream at your eardrums”

With that he clamped his mouth shut.

“That’s honestly weird, it’s like Kaoru vanished in thin air…” Momoko wondered.

“Do you think she’s been eaten by aliens?!” Miyako gushed out worriedly.

“Miyako, you’re exaggerating… She must be in the bathroom. Let’s just go” 

I heard the door open and close. They must have left… Phew.

“Do you think they left?” Butch asked “They must be” I shrugged.

I really want to get out of here. I tried to moving but it was too cramped. “Butch, move aside!”

“Where would I be moving aside to? It’s too cramped and you know that!” He complained.

“Just open the door for me please” I spat at him angrily. “Of course, Milady” He rolled his eyes and opened the closet door. We both stumbled out of the closet and we fell on the floor with a loud thud.

“Have you enjoyed your little camping in the closet?” Someone asked angrily. We both gulped and I saw a pair of two feet in front of me. I slowly looked up and saw a giggling Miyako beside a smirking Momoko.

“H-hi guys” I waved awkwardly.

“Hey there ladies, the camping was splendid” Butch wiggled his eyebrows at my two friends and nodded his head.

I elbowed Butch and he gave out a whimper and glared at me. I only smirked at him. I stood up and thought of a good excuse to say to my two best friends but instead of hearing them yell at me they only laughed.

I stood there dumbfounded. “W-what’s so funny? You’re not mad at me?”

“Why would we be?” Miyako asked while giggling. Momoko helped Butch get up, “Hey you okay?” she asked Butch.

What the hell? Why are they giving him the goodness treatment? Butch just shrugged and gave me a quick glance, “Don’t worry about me, I’m pretty much used to her violent actions” He coughed, “Sadist”

“Why you little--!”

Before I could pounce on the douche bag, Momoko held me back. “Now, now, Let us not resort to violence” She chuckled.

“Do you want some snacks with us downstairs, Butch-kun?” Miyako asked politely.

He grinned, “The would be lovely”

~~~~

We all sat in my living room silently. I was sitting in one couch and the two girls are sitting together in the couch in the middle and Butch just sitting across from me. We we’re watching but Butch wasn’t. I could feel his intense stare burning a hole in my forehead.

I sighed, where are your family when you need them? Dad must be in one of his wrestling tournaments again and Mom must be in a friend’s house. My idiot big brother must be chilling out with his friends and my little bro, I don’t know.

“You guys…!” I groaned.

“What???” Momoko asked me while shoving a fistful of buttered popcorn in her mouth.

“Why are you not mad?!” I screeched.

“What’s there to be angry about?”

“Oh I don’t know…THE FACT THAT YOU FOUND BUTCH AND ME IN THE CLOSET perhaps?!”

At this point I was already screaming. “Oh Kao-chan. From the very beginning when we stepped in to your house we already knew Butch was in here”

“Then why didn’t you utter a single word, at least??” I asked exasperatedly.

Momoko snickered, “We didn’t have the chance too. We just went along with it, I mean, you were really trying hard to hide him and all…” Momoko shrugged.

I face palmed, “I am so tired…”

“Well, I’m not. Today was entertaining” He playfully winked at me.

Momoko and Miyako glanced at each other and grinned, “Agreed” They both said in unison.

Ugh. Please, kill me now.

I turned over and decided to just forget everything and watch some tv. But still, I can’t hide the fact that I was smiling to my self. I guess life wouldn’t be this entertaining without them.

Life would be dull and boring if it weren’t for them. Being a power puff changed our lives, and I was thankful for that.

//Miyako’s POV

I looked at Kaoru; she was smiling to her self. Look at how Butch can make an impact on her. Everyone may say the rowdy ruffs are bad, it’s because they haven’t known them in person. Most people judge other people based on what they heard, on their reputation, attitude and on their appearance.

As they say, ‘Don’t judge a book by its cover’.

Everyone has a heart. So there’s bound to be some good will in them, right?

I glanced at Momoko-chan, she was looking at me. “I know what you’re thinking” She smiled at me.

I smiled back at her. “I hope the ruffs will always be like this”

“Yeah…” she agreed. We both turned to Butch who was intensely staring at Kaoru.

“Don’t stare too much, she might melt” Momoko joked

Butch flinched and looked at us, “I-I’m sorry… she’s just so…” He trailed off and stared again. We both chuckled and he grinned at us.

“Changing is good sometimes, ne Butch-kun?” I giggled.

“Yeah, change is good…” His smile suddenly turned into a frown, “I hope Brick can change like me and Boomer. That brother of mine… his soul has pure hatred over you guys.” He sighed.

I also frowned and gave a quick glance at Momo-chan. Her smile faded and she just stared at the tv, her eyes looked so distant and…sad.

“Is there something we could do?” I asked worriedly.

Butch scoffed at my question, “You can’t do anything when you three are the reason for him harboring hatred”

I can feel Momoko tense up when Butch said that. “No, ‘Blossom’ is the only one he hates. He doesn’t hate ‘Bubble’ and ‘Buttercup’”

We both looked at her, surprised.

“What are you talking about, Momo-chan?”

“The grudge he holds. I’m the one at fault, it was because of that punch” She said through gritted teeth.

“No no, it’s not your fault…” I rubbed her back to make her feel better. She just stayed quiet and curled herself up into a ball while silently crying.

“Don’t worry, Momoko. When the right time comes… I know he’ll stop hating you or you three” He said with a smile to encourage Momo-chan.

Momoko just silently nodded and still continued crying.

*The next day*

I only have 50 minutes left before school starts and I can’t still decide on what to wear. Omooo. It’s so hard to choose the perfect clothes to wear everyday.

“Miyako-Chan! What are you doing? You’ll be late for school!” My grandma yelled from downstairs.

“I’ll be there in a minute Obaa-chan!” I replied back.

I gave a brief look over the clothes scattered on the floor and my bed. After a good five minutes, I decided on wearing some black pleated skirt and a red blouse and to top it all off I decided to wear my ankle boots that has been seating in the corner of my cabinet, unused. And I wore my black beret! Uwaaa… I look nice ^^

I went downstairs and grabbed some toast and dashed for the door only to be stopped by grandma, “Miyako! Eat your breakfast properly!” She scolded once again.

“But’ Obaa-chan, I’m running late!”

She sighed, “It’s because you spent half an hour to decide on what to wear for the day again”

I look pleadingly at her, “Ok fine. But don’t do this again tomorrow, alright?”

I grinned at her, “Thanks grandma! I’ll see later then! I’m off!”

“Goodness, Miyako! Don’t run! That is so unladylike!” She scolded again.

I slowed down my pace and giggled. She’s always like this. But I love her just the way she is.

Oh dear, I hope I’m not late.

~~~~

“Wow. You look nice as always Miyako” Momoko commented

I smiled at her sweetly, “Good Morning Momo-Chan” 

“Good Morning” She greeted back. Just as I was about to ask where Kaoru is,

“Good Mornin’” She yawned and stretched her arms. “I hate school” She whined

“Oh get used to it” Momoko snapped. “Shut up” Kaoru growled.

Kaoru hasn’t been the person as what you’ve called… ‘A morning person’ type of gal. Well as for me, I like bright cheery mornings!

Just as we were about to get into the school building someone called after us?

“Yo’! Wait up”

We turned around to see Butch and Boomer. Both looked dashingly handsome with their choice of clothing.

“Nice choice of clothing” I suddenly blurted out.

All four of them looked at me. “Uh, Thanks Miyako” Butch says awkwardly.

“You guys seemed to be so friendly today” Momoko asked suspiciously.

“Yeah and we’re enemi—“ Kaoru said only to be cut off.

“Cut the ‘enemy’ bullshit thing. It’s pissing us off” Butch groaned.

“I want to be friend with you guys!” Boomer smiled.

I noticed that one of them is missing. The red leader, Brick. I titled my head to the side and asked them where he is.

“Uh well… he seems to be running late” Boomer scratched the back of his neck and looked at me. I blinked at him a couple times and chuckled.

He blushed red. Awww that is so cute! ^^

We all chatted for a while before entering the hallway. Butch whispered something to Kaoru and she turned red like she was embarrassed and chased Butch. It’s good to see we’re all getting along like this. It makes me happy.

Momoko slammed her locker shut and glanced at me, “I’ll be going on ahead to the classroom. How bout’ you?”

“I’ll be going with you then” We both looked at Boomer, “Yeah, I’m coming wid’ ya”

He put his hands at the back of his neck and trailed along with us.

*Later at lunch*

I took out my bento and decided to water the plants at the school’s greenhouse. I haven’t been there for awhile and maybe paying the plants a visit might do me good.

“Miya? You’re not going to eat lunch with us?” Kaoru asked

I shook my head, “Nope. Not today, at least. I decided to water the plants at the greenhouse today”

She slowly nodded her head. “Ohh… Be careful then” She waved me good bye and both Momoko and her walked out of the classroom. Leaving me confused.

Why would I be careful? I’m only going to water the plants… I thought to my self.

I shrugged the weird feeling and stood up.

“Gotokuji-san! Wait a minute” The class president called after me. Hmm… I wonder what it is this time….

“Yes?”

“A-are you going to the greenhouse to eat lunch today?”

“Yes, is something wrong?” I asked confused. Now, she’s like Kao-chan

“Well, uh… I don’t want to scare you away or anything but you should be careful” she warned.

“Huh? Why is that?”

“There’s this rumor about some blonde guy at the greenhouse. It seems that he appears there every lunch time but you can only see his silhouette. They say something growls and all…” She shuddered.

I narrowed my eyes at her, “That seems to be weird. I don’t hear any growling when I go there, but thanks for telling me. I’ll keep my guards up” I smiled at her for her concern and left.

“You’re so brave Gotokuji-san!” She yelled out.

I turned to look at her, “Please, kaichou* Call me Miyako” *(Class President or President) with that said, I left and went to the greenhouse to eat my lunch and water the plants.

~~~~

“Hello little flowers, how are you today?” I giggled and watered them. Its just so relaxing in here and you can have a peace of mind.

*Brrr Brrr Brrr*

I heard weird noises coming from the bush next to the flowers I was watering. I automatically got suspicious and pointed the watering can to the bush, yeah… as if that could help.

“W-whatever you are come out and fight like… a girl?” The came out more like a question rather than a statement,

No response. I just shrugged and maybe it was just my imagination, but I was entirely wrong. The noise became worse, it became louder and louder.

The president was right, everyone was right. There is a weird thingy silhouette here.

“Hmmm..ahh”

My eyes went wide as I heard the noise from the bush. I mustered some courage within me and approached the bush slowly. And then the noise got louder like someone was groaning…

This is it Miyako, don’t get scared. You’re a hero and fighting bad guys or things is a hero’s duty!

“RACOOONNN!!!” I screamed and hit the silhouette with the watering can in my hands.

“OWWWWWWWW!” It hissed.

My eyes widened again, Oh my god, I just hit a person in the head!

And that person…

“Boomer???” I titled my head to the side.

He was still asleep despite me hitting him in the head a few seconds ago.

“Boomer?! You’re not dead are you!?” I shrieked in horror. I might’ve killed him!

Then he groaned, “MmmmHmm”

I let out a sigh of relief. “Thank goodness!”

Then I let out a chuckle as I sat beside his sleeping body. “I guess the mysterious blonde guy at the greenhouse was none other than you, huh, Boomer-kun?”

After that, I opened my bento and began eating my lunch. Mmm. Omelettes! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.1K 1.2K 33
Two years had passed since the defeat of HIM. A lot has happened to the beloved heroes of New Townsville, well, not really. It's always been the same...
145K 4.9K 200
buttercup, blossom and bubbles were orphans. They were bullied by everyone. Buttercup never spoke a word and was practically mute whereas blossom had...
12.5K 450 29
//COMPLETED// "If you want to take bc away you have to go through me first." Butch's famous words before he got beaten black and blue by buttercup wh...
65.9K 1.7K 30
Momoko/Blossom, Miyako/Bubbles and Kaoru/Buttercup goes to New Townsville High. They didn't have any problems until THEY came. THEY are Brick, Boome...