cryptic ⋙ calum hood

By isohlate

cryp·tic [krip-tik]: secret; obscure in meaning With twenty six letters, she composed words that placed the f... More

cryptic ⋙ calum hood
2. Calum
3. Cassie
4. Cassie
5. Cassie
6. Calum
7. Calum
8. Cassie
9. Cassie
10. Calum
11. Cassie
12. Cassie
13. Calum
14. Cassie
15. Cassie
16. Cassie
17. Cassie
18. Cassie
19. Calum
20. Cassie
21. Calum
22. Cassie
23. Cassie
24. Calum
25. Cassie
26. Cassie
27. Calum
28. Cassie
29. Cassie
30. Calum
31. Calum
32. Calum
Epilogue.
another a/n do i ever shut up?

1. Cassie

57.5K 1.5K 323
By isohlate

a/n might be slightly triggering

Breathe.

I had to constantly remind myself of the simple task which should have came naturally. I sat at the first table that was void of students, feeling exposed and alone. I felt eyes on me as I busied myself with a book and an apple, my eyes scanning the pages but not processing the information before them. This lunch period would go by excruciatingly slow, and with each bite I grew increasingly nauseous. The fruit remained half eaten as I got up from my table to dispose of it, colliding with someone head on and falling on my arse. My cheeks immediately flushed and I heard laughter.

"You fucking idiot!" The dark haired boy on the ground before me groaned, looking up at his blond friend who was clutching his stomach, doubled over in laughter. I stood up, surveying the pasta stains on my white jumper and the food on the floor.

"Sorry about that." The blond one looked at me, amusement clear in his voice. I forced a smile and gave him a little nod before grabbing my bag and book and avoiding eye contact with the people around us, who gave the scene their full attention. I made a beeline for the exit and heaved a sigh of relief once in the empty hallway. I was walking slowly, glancing at every door hoping to find a bathroom.

"Hey!" A voice chirped from behind me and I turned to find pasta boy striding towards me, a goofy smile plastered on his face. "Sorry about getting pasta on you. My friend pushed me." I nodded politely In acknowledgment and he fell into step beside me. "You're new right? Cassie? We're in English together."

"Yeah I am." I gave him a small smile.

"Do you need help finding the bathroom?" He offered.

"That'd be very much appreciated," I let out a small laugh. He led us down the rest of the hallway and took a right, stopping in front of the girls room.

"Sorry again. I hope you can get the stains out." He smirked.

"Thanks..." I trailed off, squinting a bit at him.

"Calum," he smiled warmly. "Nice to meet you."

"You too. Ill see you in English," I gave a small wave and found myself alone in the bathroom, scrubbing a stain I knew was permanent.

***

"Cassandra, how was school?" My mum asked as she cut her steak.

"It's a nice place, and the people seem friendly."

"Don't get too friendly with them again." My dad grumbled and I stiffened.

"Dan, watch yourself," my mother warned.

He hadn't been alright since we moved, his concern being that everything that they heard about me at my previous school was true. I was guilty until proven innocent instead of vise versa. My parents were highly acclaimed surgeons, and I knew I embarrassed them. Moving away when things got rough for me was my father's idea, but he remained grumpy about it despite that fact. Avoiding my problems was something I had picked up from my parents and their inability to accept that anything was wrong.

I stayed silent throughout the rest of dinner, and I was thankful for the fact that we didn't have sit down dinners often since my parents were usually at work. I muttered something about homework before retreating to my bedroom for the rest of the night. We had been in this house for a week now, which gave me that much of a break before having to face my new peers. I was determined to not let my past affect me; to make a good impression and stay guarded. I now knew what people were capable of, and I didn't want to make any more mistakes. You could only run for so long before you had to give up.

It had only been my first day, and I had already been humiliated in front of the majority of my class. I had already been laughed at, and I felt degraded and very unwilling to return to school the next day. My head began spinning with thoughts of people laughing at my expense, and I suddenly felt very sick. I laid down on my bed and pulled up the sleeve that concealed my secret from the world. Only two fresh cuts graced my pale skin, along with a plentiful amount of scars. I closed my eyes, breathing ruggedly.

'You're overreacting,' I assured myself, trying to regulate my breathing. When I finally succeeded, I opened my eyes and stared at the red lines, so perfectly parallel as if done with great patience. It was quite the opposite though, and in those moments of weakness I found myself with shaking hands and a clouded mind. It was something I was determined to quit.

It was an addiction more than anything else, not something I enjoyed doing but I had no control over it. It was something the old Cassandra Brooks did though, and I would make sure it stopped before anyone at Garrison high found out. I was a different person, and I wouldn't let my past get in the way.

i promise the chapters will get longer, bear with me :) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7K 236 40
She was a girl who wanted nothing to do with herself. He was a boy who wanted everything to do with her. A Luke Hemmings fanfiction
922 68 23
'If I cannot inspire love, I will cause fear' ____________________ A Calum Hood FanFiction By: CalumandLukey ____________________ (If you w...
93K 10.5K 42
michael writes about luke.
280K 8.9K 26
when a good girl teaches a bad boy how to fake innocence