Christmas in Dixie

By redladiebug

Claire is your average 24 year old single woman. Her parents want to get married, and she is content the way... More

CID1-Christmas in Dixie
CID2- Sweet Home Alabama
CID4-Reindeer Droppings and Snowman Turds
CID5-Instant Human
CID6-The Ghost of Chocolate Chip Cookies
CID7-Pink is Not My Color
CID8-"Ex"-Centeral Station
CID9-Christmas Eve
CID10-The Big Surprise
CID 11-Goodbye
CID12-As Time Flies By
CID13-A Favor For An Old Friend
CID14-Bittersweet Tears and Dreams That Last a Lifetime
CID15-Hidden Inspiration From Shakespeare the Master of Love Himself
CID16-Forgive Me
Epilogue-Dreams Really Do Come True

CID3-Meeting the Parents....and the entire Jackson County area.

5.6K 168 4
By redladiebug

Chapter 3...Meeting the Parents.....and the entire Jackson County area.

            Scott and I made our way to the den. The house was so crowded with family, that there were people everywhere. As I was pulling Scott over to the couch Henry my nephew tried to push his authority. Henry pulled down on Scott's pants.

            "Hey!! Mr.!" my little nephew yelled. I just smiled at the little man.

            Scott looked down at the squirt, for Scott towered over Henry. "Yes little man, how can I help you?"

            Henry motioned for Scott to get down to his eye level. Scott did as the tike said, and I couldn't help but notice how great Scott was with kids. "Now you listen hear buster, you better not hurt my aunt Aceie, or I'll knock your block off," the little monster threatened. He gave Scott the meanest face I have ever seen, and then took off running. 

            "So did you two have a good chat?" I teased Scott as he got up from where he had squatted down to talk with Henry.

            "Honestly I think the kids got it in for me. I believe he may have had a talk with his dad before I got here," Scott stated. I couldn't disagree with him there, Henry looked pretty steamed.

            "Well that sounds like something John David would do," I stated. Scott and I found a spot to on the couch next to my cousin Megan and her husband Bill. Megan was holding her five month old baby Lilly Beth. She was so cute. When we were settled on the couch Scott put his arm around my shoulders, and I naturally scooted in closer to him.

            "Well Anna Claire, how's life in Nashville? We sure do miss seeing you around," Megan sweetly stated.

            "It's great I guess, and I know I do need to make a better effort of coming home, it's just all the school stuff, you know?" I asked, and Megan answered me with a smile and nodding her head.  "I kind of wanna come home more often now, that it looks like I'm missing out that beautiful ray of sunshine," I stated looking at Lilly Beth. I loved babies, but only when I could return them to their parents later.

            "Well thanks Anna Claire it's nice to think that you see me that way, but I'm already married to Megan here. Plus I think it would make your boyfriend jealous," Bill joked. Bill was in my class in high school, and he was known as the class clown.

            "Oh I was talking about the baby, hand her over to me, I want to get my turn to spoil her," I laughed. Megan gave me Lilly Beth, and she just stared up at Scott in wonder. Scott crossed his eyes and Lilly Beth just had a laughing fit.

            "Aw y'all make such a cute couple," Megan stated. "I can't wait until y'all get married and have a baby of your own. I can already tell y'all would make wonderful parents." Oh great. Scott's met my family for a total of twenty minutes, and they are already trying to get him to purpose and get me pregnant. Talk about a shot gun wedding. I looked bashfully at Scott not realizing that Lilly Beth had crawled out of my lap to Scott's and was bouncing on his knee.

            "Well, you see I've just begged Claire here to do everything backwards. You know have a baby get married and then date. She won't give in to me yet," Scott teased mainly talking to Bill. It sent chills up my spine the way he had said the word yet. I could swear he had said it seductively.

            "OH Anna Claire you are just glowing!!!!" my great grams said walking over to where the four of us were sitting. "I had no idea that you had a baby. Girl I should get after you with a switch. But honestly I can see why it was so easy for you to get pregnant." I had no idea where she had gotten this idea, but I'm sure my face was priceless from the laughter around me.

            "Grams I didn't have a baby Megan did this little bundle of joy is Lilly Beth," I tried to explain. If I hadn't been embarrassed before, oh brother you can bet I was now.

            "Oh I see," Great Grams said while squinting her eyes and giving me a glance over. "Well, when are you going to get pregnant? Woman your time is ticking, and I'm no spring Chicken anymore, so I won't be able to come to your rescue if you don't hurry up."

            "See Claire Bear, even your grandmother agrees with my idea," Scott teased, and everyone laughed. I admit I, myself even got chuckled. I'll remember to get him back later.

            "Mother what is all this talking about being pregnant?" my nana asked.

            "Well I was telling Anna Claire needed to get a move on her baby maker if she wanted me to be around to see her baby," Grams stated unfazed at the commotion she was making.

            "Well I bet Anna Claire is happy to know your opinion on that, now go talk to some other people before you have to leave," Nana stated. Grams walked off rambling on about something else. "I'm so sorry, Grams has gotten to that age where almost anything comes out of that mouth of hers. I'm Margery by the way. It's nice to meet you. You are?" Nana went on.

            "Scott Harrison, Claire's boyfriend," Scott replied smiling. "Oh it's fine she is a character, I'll say."

            "Yes she is. That and much more, oh so much more," Nana stated amused. "Well I better see to where she's wattled off to now, talk to y'all later." I loved my nana she was always on the rescue.

            I knew my sister Jessie had arrived when there was this huge commotion in the kitchen. I looked over at Scott, Lilly Beth had fallen asleep in his arms. Megan took her from his arms saying she should put her down for a nap now while she could.

            "Do you want to go meet my sister Jessie?" I asked Scott.

            "Sure there's no one that has scared me yet. Let's give it a shot," Scott teased.

            We got up and walked towards the kitchen. When we reached the entrance Scott seemed to freeze.

            "Scott? Is that you?" Jessie asked. I couldn't believe that my sister knew Scott.

            "Um..Hi Jessie. It's nice to see you again," Scott said. Although it seemed slightly forced. I wonder why that is. Right at that moment Scott decided to wrap his arms around me in a nice snug hug. I believe he was giving my sister a signal.

            "Oh look you guys Anna Claire and Scott are standing under the mistletoe!" my cousin Katie stated.

            "Kiss, kiss, kiss," they all chanted. All but Jessie.

            I looked at Scott and he smirked.  He stated, "You better give them what they want. I don't want to give them a bad impression."

            "Yeah, you better not," I smiled.

            Scott leaned in and gently kissed my lips. Then something inside of my took over. I deepened the kiss and Scott picked me up off my feet so he didn't have to lean over anymore. I opened my eyes in shock to find another pair of shocked eyes staring into mine. Then we were interrupted, "EWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!" We looked in the direction of the ew's and saw about five little boys run screaming.

            "Yeah I agree with them. Eww!" My brothers stated. I just rolled my eyes. I drug Scott with me back into the den. I was slowly remembering why I never brought a guy home.

            "Hey don't play tonsil hockey in there," Noah yelled. I couldn't believe him. John David had brought him to the dark side.

            "I see we are making progress," Scott whispered. I shoved him too. What is it with the boys today.

            "Oh no they are having their first fight. I would watch it Scott, you'll be sleeping in the dog house," Noah teased. I just had a loving family.

            "Oh she knows I'm joking around with her. Right Claire Bear?" Scott teased.

            "Right Scott Bot," I smiled back. I didn't notice Jessie come in the room and sit down beside me.

            She leaned her head on my shoulder. "I've missed you Ace."

            "Aw I've missed you too, Jess," I stated. She looked at Scott.

            "So how did you meet, my dear sister?" Jessie asked. I started to feel scared. I felt as if my sister knew something was up.

            "Well I meet her when I first moved to Nashville, she works at my favorite coffee shop. I always go by in the mornings before I go teach my classes," Scott stated. "I kept asking her on a date until one day she finally just took me up on my offer." Scott was now playing with strands of my hair. What he said was true, but then again it wasn't the whole truth. It was pretty darn close though.

            "That's nice, Scott. I hope you two stay in love, and don't make stupid mistakes," Jessie stated blandly. I was kind of thrown off at her statement and would intend on finding out what was behind it.

            "Hey Claire do you remember when we would put on talents shows every Christmas when we were little?" Jessie asked. I smiled.

            "Yes, I do. May I ask why you asked?"

            "Well I've missed your singing voice for so long I want you to sing something. You were always the best," Jessie stated.

            "Well I don't have anyone to play for me, and I left my guitar at my apartment," I replied. Jessie frowned.

            "There's a upright piano over there by the wall. I know you haven't forgotten how to play," Jessie pouted. I couldn't believe she was doing this know.

            Scott got up and went to inspect the piano. He pulled out the bench and sat down and started to play around with the keys. I didn't know he could play the piano. I went up to him to listen. He was playing one of my favorite tunes.

            "Hey, everybody Claire is going to sing, come listen," Jessie yelled. I guess the Princess is going to get her wish.

            Scott looked at me, "What do you want to sing?"

            "What you were playing was perfect," I stated. I looked around and pretty much everyone had gathered around the den.

Greeting cards have all been sent

The Christmas rush is through

But I still have one wish to make

A special one for you

Merry Christmas darling

We're apart that's true

But I can dream and in my dreams

I'm Christmas-ing with you

Holidays are joyful

There's always something new

But every day's a holiday

When I'm near to you

The lights on my tree

I wish you could see

I wish it every day

Logs on the fire

Fill me with desire

To see you and to say

That I wish you Merry Christmas

Happy New Year, too

I've just one wish

On this Christmas Eve

I wish I were with you 

Logs on the fire

Fill me with desire

To see you and to say

That I wish you Merry Christmas

Happy New Year, too

I've just one wish

On this Christmas Eve

I wish I were with you

I looked around at all of the happy faces. It reminded me of the stage, and I was happy. But one face caught my eye and it was smiling and looking back at me with wonder just as I was looking at him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.2K 1.2K 77
Two books in one! - My Heart's in Alabama (completed) & Love Letters from Louisiana (ongoing) Growing up in a small Alabama town, Matt Purdy has know...
27.8K 1.6K 42
Twenty-year-old Claire must deceive a vampire prince to infiltrate the monarchy and discover their secrets while resisting her desire for him. --- No...
4.6K 491 32
Vivacious college student Alicia Whittaker wants to see the world, even if it means leaving her beloved Winter Grove behind. She has her eye on the E...
373 26 27
I NEED A NEW COVER. THE ONE I HAD DOESN'T FIT THE SIZE. THANKS! Isabella Moore has never had the perfect life. Her uncle is an alcoholic and her pare...