The Day

By DanielaIsTooCool

It's Hailee Windor's 18th birthday. Part of a shooting, she dies on the evening of one of the biggest days of... More

(1) The Beginning
(2) The End
(3) My Love's Arising
(4) I'm Sorry
(5) Running Away
(6) My Turn
(7) My First Kiss Went A Little Like This...
(8) Already Gone
(9) My New Look
(10) Surprise, Surprise...
(11) I Love You, 5
(12) A Poem
(13) Being Pulled Over By A Fake Policewoman
(14) Water Park Pt. 1
(15) Water Park Pt. 2
(16) Fight? All Right.
(17) You're Not Here By Accident
(18) Dawn of My Night
(19) Struck
(20) Waken
(22) Shot
(23) Awakening
(24) You're on.
(25) This Is The End
(26) The Freeze
(27) In Pursuit
(28) Nothing Is Everything
(29) Grave of Yellow Roses
(30) Something To Cry For
(31) Opportunity Knocks
(32) Meeting Fall
(33) Losing It
(34) Didn't Want To Know
(35) Epilogue
(36) Author's Note.
(38) Extra Chapter: Was It A Dream?
AUTHOR'S NOTE! -- DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE NOT LOOKING FOR INFO! THANKS! ^-^
So It's Been A While...
Sequel.
THE SEQUEL IS NOW UP!
DISCLAIMER
Shh... ;)

(21) Say It

90.6K 326 28
By DanielaIsTooCool

Chapter Twenty-One.

Please Comment/Vote/Fan!

                “So… You’re saying that there is a way out.”

                “Yes.”

                “And you know the way out.”

                “Yes.”

                I scoffed. “Brent, how are you going to tell me that you know what to do because of a silly little dream?”

                “It wasn’t just a dream, Hailee. I was struck by lightning.” Brent grabbed my hand and squeezed it firmly.

                “And what, did you have a vision?” I jeered, grinning at him.

                He gave me a flat look. “I’m serious.”

                I looked down to our hands and stared at them, speaking slowly. “And… what exactly do you want to do?”

                “It wasn’t all extremely clear. I just know that we have to give each other something.”

                I barked in laughter, but stopped when I remembered the two sleeping girls next to me. “Nice try to get me to sleep with you.”

                Brent scowled and let go of my hand, getting up from my bed. “I wasn’t talking about that.”

                A blush blossomed on my cheeks, and I sat there lamely, pouting. “Oh.”

                Brent opened the door and paused to look back at me. “Well I have to go. Tell Meg and Andrea to call me when they wake up.”

                “Ok,” I said and then what Brent said sunk in. The door closed at the same time. “Wait! Brent!” I scrambled off of my bed and sprinted towards the door, opening it to see Brent turn the corner of the hallway. I ran to my closet and slipped on some shoes and grabbed my bag, and then rushed back towards Brent, arriving at the front door at the same time he was opening it. “Brent.”

                He stopped, his hand on the doorknob. “What?”

                “I didn’t mean that, I-“

                “You meant exactly what you said,” he interjected, a hard look on his face.

                “No, I didn’t. Brent, listen to me,” I walked over to the door, closer to him, “I would never think you want to use me.”

                “Well then why did you say that?”

                “It just sort of slipped out…”

                “So you did mean it...”

                “No, I was kidding!”

                ”But you said it.”

                “I’m sorry!”

                “Ok.”

                “Look Brent, you were supposed to be trying to make things up to me. So forgive me for what I said and we’ll just call it even,” I said, flitting my eyelashes quickly to trick him into forgiving me.

                Just as I wanted, a smirk slipped onto his lips. “Oh, right. I forgot about that…” he trailed off, and I raised my eyebrows, waiting. “All right, I guess we’re even.”

                Clapping, I grinned. “Yay!”

                Brent brought me in for a hug, kissing my forehead. “I was being difficult sweetheart, I’m sorry. I guess I was just really hurt.”

                “Well it’s ok now,” I said, smiling and taking deep breaths, relinquishing his sweet, musky smell.

                “I wouldn’t have even been mad if you wouldn’t have said that,” he said and I could hear the smile in his voice.

                Shaking my head, I let out a deep breath and hugged Brent even tighter. “You’re so bipolar.”

                “But you love me.”

                “I do,” I agreed, closing my eyes as I felt the warm blush spread on my cheeks.

                “I love you.”

                “Mhm…” I mumbled, too dazed in the feeling of being in Brent’s arms to reply.

                “Say it.”

                I giggled. “Who are you, Edward Cullen?”

                Brent laughed through his nose but quickly composed himself. “Say it. Out loud. Say it.”

                I had to fight back the urge to double up in laughter. “Vampire.”

                “Are you afraid?”

                “Yes,” and then I allowed myself to pull away from Brent and sink to the ground and laugh. After a few moments I heard a thud and Brent did the same. We both lay on the floor, red from laughing so hard. I rolled my head to the right and found it to be dangerously close to his face. The laughter stopped and I rolled completely to my side, Brent putting his hands on my face.

                “Say it now, for real,” he whispered.

                “I love you,” I whispered back. It seemed so delicate, like a dream. It felt like if I even spoke of those feelings they’d go away. Soft like a butterfly. Beautiful like a spring flower.

                A rose.

                “I love you too Hailee,” Brent said, quieter than me. He caressed my cheek once and then brought his head in for one soft kiss. Our lips barely grazed each other, but this felt like our most intimate kiss yet. My head started feeling light and I opened my eyes, and Brent did so too.

                “This still seems so surreal,” I said.

                “I know, I never would have thought…”

                “That you would love me?” I guessed.

                “No. That you would love me back.”

                My response died in my lips and I lay there, mouth open. “Oh…”

                “Is that all you can say after I tell you what’s up?” Brent asked with a grin.

                “It’s all I want to say so I don’t sound like an idiot again!”

                “Because I’m such a boss?”

                “No,” I deadpanned.

                “Way to kill the mood!”

                I laughed, slapping his face lightly. “Shut up.”

                “You guys are so cute!” a new voice chirped in. I recognized it as Meg at the same time I looked up into the Green eyes of my favorite redhead.

                “What are you talking about?” I said, scrambling to my feet and dusting off my legs.

                “Hailee, you’re blushing!” Meg said, squeezing my cheeks.

                “Am not!”

                Brent chuckled. “Yes, you are Hailee.”

                I growled, causing Brent and Meg to smile adoringly. Andrea walked into the room. “It’s probably because you guys always catch me at the wrong time!” I exclaimed.

                “Hailee, it’s not like we were doing anything,” Brent said.

                “Except for maybe making out!” Meg shouted, slapping her knee. I sent her a death glare and she pursed her lips. “Sorry,” she said nervously.

                “Ahem,” Andrea mumbled.

                “Yes?” I asked.

                “I heard you two talking about a way out. And-“

                “You were awake?” I inquired incredulously.

                “Um, yeah,” Andrea admitted reluctantly. “And I just want to, you know, start the conversation of what it could be that you two could give to each other.”

                “Is there anything that you would think?” I asked.

                “Well, since you two died by each other…”

                “And?” Brent prodded.

                “Maybe, and I know this sounds morbid, but…”

                “Just say it,” I snapped.

                “Maybe you two should shoot each other.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                Yeah. I love cliffhangers. :D

                I promise I will try to update soon you guys…

 I know I’m like, not consistent with the updates D:

But it’s because of school!

It takes me so long to write!

1 page = 1 hour D:

But this story is easier to write, since I sort of base it off of real-life moments ;)

NOT SAYING THAT I’M DEAD!

I think that the moment with Brent and Hailee was so cute :D

Especially the Twilight part XD hahahahahaha

Tell me, did you guys love that part or WHAT?

So, I know you guys don’t like me very much because I make ya’ll wait so long for another chapter…

But can ya’ll please vote and comment and fan?

It would mean soooo much :D

School is going good. I recently got my report card… straight A’s! :D

And I’m currently on the “pre-production” for a couple of stories.

I know that this one and “Breaking Glass” have to be finished by Nov. 30 D:

Agh. I’m so sad…

Considering I know the end…

But I’m not gonna say anything!

It might be happy, and I’m just messing with ya’ll with this :P

Yeah, so these will be finished by Watty Awards time, and I hope I get nominated!!!

That is why you guys have to vote!!!

If I won… O_O

I’d go berserk.

So please! :D

Okay well I’ma quit yapping and go ahead and upload :D

See ya’ll later!

-Daniela ^~^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.3M 357K 61
Caden Miller. Hot, cynical, and notoriously labelled the bad boy of Crestmont High. Attention-seekers flirt with him. Idiots fight with him. The ones...
189 15 35
Anything can be changed in a matter of a second. To change back time is not an option. Only you can prevent the worst from happening. It could all be...
1K 129 28
"I love you Brenn. I fell in love with you from the first time i laid my eyes on you, I just never thought that a man like you would ever consider lo...
Stockholm Syndrome By S.B.H

Mystery / Thriller

10.5K 315 20
When 18 year old Emily Miller goes to a club with her dare-devil friends something strange happens. Someone takes her and holds her hostage. The man...