Connected Cords

By sprklx

The cords were connected as they vow to love one another as long as they live. The cords.. the symbol of thei... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Epilogue
To Gamble (a heart for a heart)
40,000ft Affair
Alon

Chapter Fifteen

10.9K 257 24
By sprklx

"What is your plan now?" Creed asked as we made our way downstairs. I was holding my travelling bag and he was carrying both of my luggages.

I heaved a sigh. I had a plan in my head and I was praying that everything would be at it's place just where I wanted it to be. "I will check in a hotel first, while waiting for the finalization of my papers for my flight to France." I answered him.

Narinig ko ang munting pagsinghap niya at ang paghinto niya nang makababa na kami sa hagdanan. "What? France? Why?" He asked, confusion was evident in his tone. I faced him and the deep frown on his face told me that he was indeed confused.

I forced a smile but it turned out to be a grimace. "Matutuloy na ang expansion ng Dernier Cri outside Asia. Pagkadating ko d'un ay aasikasuhin ko ang nga papeles na kailangan para sa pagtatayo ko doon ng branch."

"Sino ang kasama mo? Do you have a place to live there?" He asked.

"Susunod sa akin si Kenneth after two months para tulungan ako doon. I will hire a couple of employees too, pero sa tingin ko ay kaya na namin 'yun ni Kenneth. Maghohotel muna ako habang naghahanap pa ako ng simpleng apartment. I already have a place for my office, kaunting ayos lang ang kailangan." I explained. Everything will take a lot of time but I didn't mind. I know that it will distract me from everything. It will keep me busy for sure, and that was what I wanted.

"You mean, you'll be there all alone for a couple of months?" Tanong niyang muli, ang nakakunot niyang noo ay mas lumalim pa.

"Yes," I sighed and gave him a slight smile.

"That would be very dangerous for you, Margaux. Babae ka, you're hot, I mean hindi ka pamilyar sa mga lugar doon kaya delikado." I stifled a giggle. That was actually the first time that I did that since I found out that my daughter was missing.

"I can manage, Creed. I've been independent since my parents died, so it's actually fine with me. And, thanks for the compliment." I winked and and chuckled afterwards when a hint of redness crept up from Creed's neck to his cheeks. He looked away and I find it really cute. It was fun teasing him.

I was about to walk again when Creed spoke. "My aunt is in Paris, perhaps I can talk to her so she can help you find a place?" He asked hopefully.

I faced him again. "Really? That'd be great! Thanks. So, tara na?"

Bahagya siyang tumawa. "Yeah, sure."

I was feeling a little fine that day. Ang pag-iyak ko at paglabas ng lahat ng hinanakit ko sa kwarto ng aking anak ay talagang nakatulong. Creed was right. Sometimes crying is the only thing that will make you feel okay.

But that feeling didn't last long. A familiar weight bored onto my chest when I saw Greg standing on the doorway.

Nanikip ang aking dibdib nang makita ko ang itsura ni Greg. It has only been a few hours since our last conversation at the cemetery but he completely looked like shit. His hair was everywhere, the right side of his linen shirt was already hanging loosely while the other side was still tightly tucked in. The first few buttons of his shirt was undone and when I looked at his face, his bloodshot eyes met my gaze.

He was such a mess.

"What happened to you?" Hindi ko mapigilang itanong. Agad ko namang naramdaman ang presensya ni Creed sa likod ko at ang banayad na haplos niya rito.

My heart constricted with more intensity when I saw Greg's lips trembled and tears welled up on his dark eyes.

"S-sweetheart.." he mumbled as he took some steps towards me and his gaze dropped on the travelling bag that I was holding and the other luggages behind me.

His teary eyes went up to me again. "You're.. You're leaving me?" His voice broke and it pained me even more to witness his state.

I took in a sharp breath and the reasons why I was leaving flooded my mind. This was the end of all the pain, of all the burden, and everything that is connected to my soon to be ex-husband. I was reminding myself not feel anything again. Mahirap, oo. Pero mas mahihirapan kaming pareho naming ipipilit ang relasyong alam naman naming wala ng pag-asa. Masyado na kaming basag at durog na durog.

"Yes." Matigas kong tugon. I clucked my tongue and took my willpower to keep my tears at bay.

"Sweetheart, no.." The desperation in his voice was so palpable it made my knees go weak.

I gasped when I felt Creed squeezed my wrist. I looked at him at his thick eyebrows were pulled into a tight crease. I looked into his golden eyes and they were screaming at me saying, tama na, Margaux.

Creed was giving me that look. He was looking at me like he was tired of seeing me hurt because of my own husband.

I breathe in and let it all out in my mouth. "I have to go Greg," I said looking staight into his eyes and I nearly regret it when his tears started to fall down on his cheeks.

Halos matumba ako nang bigla akong niyakap ni Greg. Isinuksok niya ang kanyang ulo sa aking leeg. My neck immediately got soaked by his tears. "I'm so sorry, sweetheart.. Please stay." Greg sobbed and that's when I felt my tears fell.

"G-greg ano ba.." Hindi ko napigilan ang pagpiyok nung sinabi ko iyon at sinubukang itulak siya pero mas lalo lamang humigpit ang kapit niya sa akin. Naramdaman ko din ang mahigpit na paghawak no Creed sa pulsuhan ko kaya lumingon ako sa kanya. I looked helplessly at his golden eyes that was now laced with worry.

"Ayoko.. Ayoko. I won't let you go, sweetheart. I will do everything for you, just stay.. Please." He was crying and it was breaking me. That was actually the first time I saw him cry like that. He was sobbing while his embrace tightened even more.

"Tama na Greg, ayoko na.." Hindi ko napigilan ang hikbi na kumawala sa mga labi ko. Sinibukan kong itulak siya palayo pero mas humihigpit ang yakap niya sa akin at mas ibinabaon niya lamang ang ulo niya sa aking leeg.

"Don't say that! Babawi ako, Margaux. Lahat gagawin ko, lahat.. Just don't fucking leave me, sweetheart. It will kill me." Kumalas siya sa pagkakayakap sa akin at kinulong niya ang aking mukha gamit ang mga palad niya. We stared eye to eye. Soul to soul.

His eyes were so red from crying. Gustong-gusto kong yakapin at aluin siya, punasan ang mga luha niya at sabihing okay lang. Na magiging okay ang lahat. Pero hindi eh. We both need to heal. We both need space.

"Greg.. I have to go." Sabi ko at inalis ang tingin sa kanya pero idinikit niya ang kanyang noo sa aking noo.

"Don't do this, sweetheart.. I'm begging you, please.. Tell me what am I going to do.. Kahit ano. I am willing to everything, Margaux.. We just lost our daughter, please don't make us lose each other.." Pagmamakaawa niya at marahang hinalikan ang pisngi ko. I tightly closed my eyes when memories of our family flashes inside my head.

"I'm done Greg. I'm tired, I want to rest." I mumbled without looking at him and tried to move backwards but he enveloped me in his arms again.

"Sweetheart no.. No.. Gagawin ko na nga ang lahat diba? I love you, Margaux.. I love you.." Masuyo niyang sabi habang yakap-yakap ako. I stifled a sob when I heard those three words from him. Doon ko lang muling narinig iyon. It such a long time since the last time Greg said that to me. And it pained me.

"Greg, ano ba! Aalis na ako! Just let me go!" I was convincing myself to feel anger than to feel the pain. Pero mas nangibabaw pa din ang sakit.

"I won't, sweetheart.. I won't." Matigas niya ding sabi.

Nagpumiglas ako pero ayaw niya talaga akong pakawalan. "Greg, nasasaktan na ako, ano ba!"

"Say you love me, first sweetheart. Please. Say it.. Come on.." He pleaded while caressing my back.

"I.. I don't, Greg." There. I said it. I don't love him anymore. Or was I just so drown by pain and anger?

"I don't believe you! Say you love me, sweetheart.." Pagpupumilit niya at mas lalo lamang humigpit ang yakap niya sa akin.

"Greg, let her go." That's when Creed intervened.

"Say you love me, sweetheart.." Hindi pinansin ni Greg si Creed.

"Greg, tama na please. Ayoko na.." I surrendered and looked at Creed, asking for his help.

"Just say it, sweetheart.." He whispered.

"Greg, she already said no. Pakawalan mo na siya." Creed stated. He was so calm and composed. I was amazed.

"Margaux please.. Mahal mo ako diba?" Hindi pa din humihiwalay sa akin.

"Greg-" Naputol ang sasabihin nang biglang sinubukang hilahin palayo ni Creed si Greg mula sa akin.

"She already said that she doesn't love you anymore! It is clear as water, Greg! Get the fuck off her!" My eyes widened when I saw angry Creed was. His veins were starting to show on his neck.

"This is none of you business!" Angil ni Greg at tininingnan ng masama si Creed. Nagsukatan sila ng tingin habang ako naman ay agad na binitbit ang travelling bag ko at agad na hinila si Creed palabas. Pero hindi pa kami nakalalabas ng pinto ay bigla na naman akong niyakap ni Greg mula sa likuran.

"Sweetheart please.. Gagawin ko naman lahat eh.. Kahit ano. I will sacrifice everything for you, sweetheart.. Mahal kita. Sobra. Hindi ko kayang mawala ka sa akin.." He was crying again and the pity that I was feeling for him started to grow. But I quickly stopped it and reminded myself not to feel anything. I did a kittle cheer in my head.

"Sana sinabi mo yan noong mahal pa kita." Matigas kong sabi at pilit na inalis ang mala-bakal na braso ni Greg na nakapulupot sa aking baywang.

That was the time Greg pulled away. He slowly pulled away and it was killing me. I wanted to stop him and just hug me. I wanted to hug him back and take back all the words that I said. But my pride and dignity were the only things that I had and so I protected it.

"The.. the divorce papers. It will be delivered tomorrow morning. Your sign is the only thing that I need." I managed to say with my tears at bay. They were threatening to fall but I blinked it all away.

After that, Creed and I went directly into his car without looking back and drove off. The moment I got in, nag-unahan na sa pagtulo ang mga luha ko.

Author's Note:

Hey guys! Happy 1K reads!!! I'm so happyyy! Thank you very much sa mga taong sumusuporta sa mga stories ko, magmula sa Sleeping With a Bitch upto here. Sa mga di pa nababasa yun, go check it out! ;) It is already completed. :)

This chapter is kinda short compared to the other chapters. Pasensya na din kung medyo sabaw. Hehe. So, what do you think will happen next? Give me your theories guys! I love reading comments, so much! I truly appreciate every comment that I've read. Mahal ko kayo! 💚💜❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.7K 1.2K 50
(COMPLETED) Paano kung ang babaeng sinaktan mo ng todo? minahal ka ng walang halong biro, ay ang babaeng nag iisang nagpatibok puso mo? pero ngayon...
91.6K 3.9K 26
Love at first sight, that's what Dominique Lorre Fuentes felt for her Best friend's Older sister, Celeste Rein Alegre. The first time she laid her e...
1.9M 24.4K 48
Soon to be Published Solana's mother works as a maid for Yleo's family, but in an unexpected event her mother passes away. Before it disappeared fro...
10.3K 248 40
He tried to move on from his past yet yesterday keeps on haunting him. He gave her unconditional love yet she chose to shatter it, and those memories...