My Best Friend's Brother

Da TryTillYouSucceed

"Nice try," I said and the smile on his face grew wider. My eyes took in every inch of his face with pleasure... Altro

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Announcement? Notice?
Trailer!
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue
Last Author's Note
Announcement!
Bonus Chapter!
New Book Announcement: Supernova

Chapter 1

382K 4.2K 1.6K
Da TryTillYouSucceed

It's alright; you are going to make new friends easily. It's easy, you can do it. I have been repeating this to myself the entire morning. I never wanted to move. It was fun when I was young, I got to visit new places and play hide and seek with other young kids but now it is a complete torture. If you are a totally gorgeous person, it's fun to move to places because you can fit in easily. But I was just a normal teenager with black hair and an unusual shade of green in my eyes.

My mom and I moved because she got another transfer and as usual, I moved along with her. My dad is busy in his own world. My parents got a divorce because my dad cheated on her with another woman.

When I was young, mom had taken me for my ballet lessons, which was quite far from our old house. After driving for about 15 minutes, I remembered I had forgotten something and I made mom rush back home to get what I needed. When we entered the house, we saw dad on the couch making out with a blond. I can still recall the horrified look on my mom's face. My dad, on the other hand, was paralyzed with shock. Then, after a few days I found myself moving into a new neighbourhood to start a new life with my mom.

I came back to my surroundings when I felt the car stop. That's it. I was here.

My mom looked at me with worry and said, "Ashley? Honey, are you alright? Do you want me to walk to the office with you?"

I looked at my mom with a smile; she was a very pretty woman. She had a beautiful shade of auburn hair and light make-up on with beautiful mascara which made her eyelashes look long and professional at the same time.

"I'm fine mom. This is not something new for me," I assured her with a small smile.

I felt her relax beside me. Giving her a quick kiss on her cheek, I rushed out of the car.

There were a ton of students all over the school. Girls were gossiping while leaning against the lockers, people were eating in the canteen and guys on the humongous, bright green field playing football.

I made my way to the office and a plump lady with glasses gave me a big smile and said, "You must be Ashley Mathews."

I gave her a brief nod with a pleasant smile. After some small talk with the lady, I took my schedule for the day and made my way to the first class, I did need directions so I kept asking people. After asking about fifteen people, I finally reached the Biology lab.

The classroom was quite big with a high ceiling. The whole room was neatly and equally spaced out. There were six tables on each side of the classroom and two chairs positioned in front of each table and a microscope was on top of every table. I took a seat at the empty chair next to a girl with long brunette hair.

This girl was awfully familiar to me. I felt like I knew her, I just couldn't recollect. She definitely noticed me and gave me a smile.

"Hi! You must be new here," she said as soon as I sat next to her. Her sky blue eyes were extremely beautiful and familiar.

I smiled at her and replied, "Yes, I am."

"Just so you know Mr Harold is extremely boring," she said, rolling her eyes.

I hesitated and replied, "Oh, I wasn't exactly expecting anything exciting in biology."

She snorted. "Believe me; if you did, you would have ended up feeling depressed."

My lips escaped a shaky laugh and before I could stop myself I asked her, "Do I know you? You look really familiar."

She raised her eyebrows and replied, "Maybe? My name's Erica, does it ring a bell?"

I couldn't hide my shock at all. Was this really Erica Wilson? The Erica Wilson?

"No way! Are you Erica Wilson?" I exclaimed with complete excitement.

She was clearly amused. "Do I know you?"

I practically yelled with excitement. "Erica! I'm Ashley! We knew each for like 5 years? And then you vanished!"

Erica was as excited as I was. "Oh my god! Ashley! How have you been?"

Before I could reply, she cut me off with a scowl on her face. "Excuse me woman! I did not vanish! You were the one who moved and then decided to forget me."

Now, I was annoyed. Erica and I had been best friends for years after my parents divorced. She was the most unique girl in our class. We became extremely good friends and then every single kid in Year 2 knew that we were best friends and no matter what anyone tried to do we couldn't be separated. I spent five years there; each year spent with her made our friendship deeper and stronger. When I was eleven, mom got a good job but we had to move. I definitely didn't want to but then I knew that the right thing to do was to move so that we could live a better life. So, we moved.

After settling down, I sent her mails but she never replied to any of them. None of us had cell phones back then, when I tried contacting her house phone, it said that the number was not in service. That's how I lost touch with the girl I was extremely close to.

"Back off there lady, I sent you like a billion mails! You didn't even bother replying to any of them!" I argued back.

She was thinking about something and then her mouth shaped into an 'o' and she said, "Oh right! I created a new e-mail ID because you know; I forget my passwords a lot."

Before I could continue arguing, a middle-aged man entered the room and started telling everyone to settle down. I assumed this was Mr. Harold. Throughout the class, he was literally torturing us with the famous topic - Global Warming. I definitely agreed with Erica, Mr. Harold was extremely boring. We were given an assignment to think of as many ways possible to reduce global warming. I sighed inwardly and wrote it down on my palm.

As soon as the bell rang everyone started rushing out of the class.

Erica smiled at me and said, "You still write your homework on your palm."

I grinned at her and replied, "Yes, I still do. And all the memories of the amount of times I got scolded by teachers because I didn't do work are still fresh. Well, it wasn't my fault that my palms got sweaty and I couldn't read anything."

She laughed loudly and responded, "You could have always called me and asked me for the homework."

"Well, I was too lazy to do my work either ways, so it doesn't matter," I stated, earning a smirk from her.

"So, how is life? Last time I checked you were busy making out with Matt," I mocked her with a genuine smile.

She gave me a look and said, "Last time you checked we were 11. I was young and stupid and that's why I made wrong choices. Matt was a jerk."

I raised my eyebrows and teased her, "Jerk? Whoa! Things have changed!"

She grinned at me and I grinned back. Moving here wasn't so bad after all.

When Erica turned 10, we were very happy that one of us was a double digit. We arranged a pool party and enjoyed a lot but then a clumsy boy who tried to jump in the pool for the millionth time ended up puking. What was worse? He vomited in the pool. All the girls were completely grossed out and immediately left the pool but Erica insisted her mom to let her stay in the pool. After a long argument with her mom, Erica was pulled out of the pool by her dad.

Everyone was disgusted because of the boy and they were being mean to him but Erica grabbed his hand and made him stand right next to her while she cut the cake. Standing next to the birthday boy or girl when they blow the candles was a huge deal when you were young. She also made sure to give him the biggest slice of the cake. And then this boy, whose name turned out to be Matt, ended up liking her and they were in a cute, happily ever after relationship.

This is what I always liked about Erica. She never cared about what others thought. She did what she wanted to.

My thoughts were interrupted when a girl with long, wavy blond hair came rushing towards us and started talking to Erica. "Erica! Guess what?"

Erica gave her a confused look and asked, "What, Abby?"

The girl, Abby glared at her and said, "When people say 'guess what', they actually want you to guess."

Erica rolled her eyes while I chuckled. "Look, I'm in no mood to guess things. Just tell me already."

Abby completely ignored her and was staring at me. I shifted my weight on my right foot, feeling uncomfortable.

Before I could try to introduce myself she said to me, "Oh my god! You're the new girl everyone's talking about."

What did she just say? Everyone? Why was everyone talking about me! I'm really not the kind of person who likes attention.

"Um, people are talking about me?" I asked innocently.

She rolled her eyes and said, "Of course! Look at yourself, you're gorgeous! Totally hot. And your hair! It's amazing; it looks really pretty with those beautiful eyes."

I gave her a bright smile and thanked her. She was really sweet.

She smiled back at me and turned to Erica and said, "You still haven't guessed, have you?"

Erica furrowed her eyebrows and said, "Nope."

"Urgh! Fine! Michael actually complimented me today! We were sitting next to each other in Econ and he said that my hair looked amazing!" she replied with a huge smile.

I assumed Michael was her crush. Erica looked bored; I guess she was used to this. She continued walking while Abby continued talking to me with a lot of excitement.

*

We took our food and sat on a table towards the end and continued talking. I liked Abby. Yes, I only knew this girl for 30 minutes but she managed to reach my 'like list'. That's a good thing. I was looking around and noticed that many boys were staring at me and I felt uncomfortable.

Abby noticed this and said, "Babe, I told you. You are the new hot topic."

I didn't give Abby a response and she shrugged her shoulders and continued munching on her fries.

I continued looking around and found a gorgeous face that caught my eye. I could stare at this face all day. He was hot. The serious hot. He was laughing at some joke and his smile was incredibly seducing. He looked up and his eyes locked with mine. I tried to blink and shift my gaze but I couldn't. His eyes were really pretty; they were hazel brown with a light touch of golden. They were literally shining. And he had amazing jet black hair. He definitely noticed me staring at him and grinned. The mischievous kind of grin like I-know-you-think-I'm-good-looking-grin. I looked away quickly and tried to engage myself in the conversation Abby and Erica were having.

I tried to keep my eyes off the table he was sitting on throughout the time I was there but it's not easy when you know there's a totally good-looking guy sitting in the same room as you. It's like your eyes are just not in your control, you just want to keep looking at that person.

After eating, I walked towards my locker with Abby and Erica, we were laughing on a joke Abby cracked. She was awfully funny. I opened my locker and started loading it with books.

"Erica," I heard a sexy, deep voice say behind me.

I turned to look at the boy who belonged to this amazingly hot voice and it was the same boy! From the canteen! Ugh! I felt embarrassed again, thinking about the previous incident. Erica and the totally hot guy I was drooling over exchanged some words and he left. Before I could stop myself I asked her who he was.

"Ash! That's my brother," she replied in an it's-so-obvious voice.

My eyes widened. Raising my eyebrows, I asked, "That was Ethan?"

Erica gave me a look and replied, "Duh! Why are you so shocked? He became hot over the years?"

I felt my cheeks turning the lightest shade of pink and replied casually, "What? No!"

Erica laughed while Abby stood there confused.

"One more class and then we are free!" Abby exclaimed, breaking the silence.

"Yep," Erica agreed, nodding her head.

I didn't say anything. I was too shocked because of Ethan.

"Okay, see you later, girl. Bye!" Abby said and walked off with Erica while I stared into my dark locker.

The totally hot guy with a sexy voice was my best friend's brother.

A/N - Hello! This is my very first try on writing! I've always imagined a lot in my head but never really got the guts to actually start writing. And then all of a sudden, while bathing, this idea pops into my head and I really wanted to write it so I did. And the amount of support my best friend gave me has also encouraged me to write.

BTW, my best friend does have a brother but he's like 4, so no, i am not crushing on my best friend's brother :p

Lots of love to alll my readers.. not that i have many yet :p

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

29.6M 505K 68
"I'm the sexy guy in school, and all the ladies want me. So don't act like you don't. And try not to make it seem like a surprise Princess because yo...
666K 23.8K 69
COMPLETED! REACHED No. 1 in Teen Fiction's WHAT'S HOT LIST ON 28TH NOVEMBER! AND #2 IN TEEN FICTION (highest yet) on 20th may, 2016. *** "Damn it Ha...
Deeper Da anya jayvyn

Storie d'amore

38.2M 1M 75
In which I fall in love with my brother's best friend. ***** "Don't pretend like you don't feel anything." His voice is low, sending shivers down my...