Magical Whirlwind

بواسطة Rachel1395

Rose's life is far from normal. Her twin brother has magic at his fingertips but no one remembers him but tha... المزيد

Magical Whirlwind
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9

Chapter 8

69 2 0
بواسطة Rachel1395

CHAPTER 8

Omigod! Ty and Sam were freaking street racers! I didn’t even know there were races around here. Although it is illegal so I’d probably be worried if I did already know about it. I wonder how long he’s been going. Was he just starting out or had he been doing it for a while? I definitely want a go when we get there. I don’t know if they’ll let me but I still have to ask.

I threw my book carelessly to the side – it wasn't like I’d actually been reading it anyway – and slid off the bed. I pulled on a pair of denim shorts, a dark aqua singlet and my black knee-high boots. I grabbed my black hoodie off the back of my chair in case it got cold, my phone and house eyes. The hoodie was actually the one I stole out of Sam’s car but I liked it and had no intention of returning it.

So as soon as Sam came back to see if I was ready, we left. “I call shotgun!” I threw my hoodie on the backseat and slid into the passenger seat. Sam slid in beside me and pulled out of the driveway, Ty in the back.

Sam glanced over at me and handed me a small round object. “I grabbed you some of the foundation powder in the bathroom. I didn’t think you’d want people noticing your face and asking questions. It’s not too noticeable but I thought you might want it.”

I shook my head. “Thanks. I totally forgot about covering it up. You don’t think it will bruise, do you?” I applied the foundation best I could as the car moved. I hoped it wouldn’t bruise. It didn’t look like it would but it was still red. Not as red as earlier but too dark to be mistaken as blush.

“No. We have to pick Will up too, by the way.” He looked at me pointedly as I stored the make-up in the centre console. “Don't forget to get that back out, Rose.”

“Nuh-uh. I am not sitting in the back. I was here first. Will can sit in the back. So . . . can I drive?”

“Now? No. We’re almost at Will’s place.” He craftily evaded my question by acting dumb. But I knew him well enough to know it was just that: acting.

I rolled my eyes. “Not now, idiot. I mean when we get to wherever you guys race. I want a go.”

Sam’s hands tightened on the steering wheel and I think his face hardened. When he spoke, his voice was strained and tense. “No.”

“Why not.” I persisted.

“Racing is dangerous. It’s not a game!”

“You race so why can't I?”

“Rose. I said no.”

My heart sank and my face fell. It sounded like fun; an adrenalin rush, a distraction. It wasn't like I wanted to race regularly or competitively. I just wanted some fun. I voiced my thoughts, knowing it would make them feel guilty.

We pulled into the driveway out the front of what must have been Will’s house because he was waiting for us. He mustn't have been paying attention because he opened my door and slid in to land on me. He was heavy.

"Excuse me!" I exclaimed, trying to push him off.

He was startled and almost fell out of the car. "Shit! Sorry, Rose. Are we giving you a lift somewhere before us guys meet up with our...dates." he lifted himself off me so I could get out to let him in the backseat. Not that he knew that. Will probably thought I was going to climb in the back next to Ty.

"You're lying." I said simply, waiting for him to climb in. He was still oblivious and waiting for me to get in the back.

Ty chuckled at his friend. "Sorry, man. She called shotgun. You’re in the back with me." he smiled wryly.

Will was still standing there looking completely confused. "I'm not lying. What am I meant to be lying about?"

I rolled my eyes. "Just get in the car." he finally did, moving my hoodie aside. I slid my seat back to where it was originally while Will clicked his seatbelt in. Once I was seated and the door shut, Sam reversed out of the driveway.

I silently stared out the window as we drove, trying to play the guilt trip on Sam and Ty for saying no. I knew I was sulking but I didn't care. I wanted to have a go at driving. I felt like Sophie, throwing a tantrum when she doesn't get her own way and I hated that. I didn't want to be like my cousin in any way but I needed some sort of release.

Will tried to speak to me a few times, still under the impression that they were dropping me off somewhere while they went on ‘dates,’ but I ignored him and continued to sulk. I didn’t recognise this part of town but there weren’t many houses around now. There were a few buildings, a warehouse or two and a lot of open space. I was pretty sure we were getting closer because you could visibly see Will’s excitement level growing.

Ty finally broke the silence. It wasn't an awkward silence just...silence. “Fine! But I’ll be in the car because you’re not driving without me. You’re still on your Learners, for god’s sake!”

I flashed him a smile. “Thank you!”

He gave me a small smile. “Just be grateful that tonight is a small and friendly gathering.”

Will snapped out of whatever daze he was in and caught on to the conversation. “Wait, she’s racing? Since when and in whose car?” He leaned forward into the front.

I shot him a look – eyes narrowed, almost a glare. “Damn straight I’m racing. I asked before we picked you up. Is that a problem?” He shook his head. He did have a point though, I thought. I turned to Sam as he turned into a street where I could see more cars parked up further. “Whose car am I driving?”

“Mine.”

I was about to say ‘okay’ when Will interrupted me.

“What? Why does she get to drive your car? Even I’m not allowed to drive it!” Will exclaimed. He was angry, more in shock.

Wow. I never knew Sam was picky about who drove his ‘baby’ but I would’ve thought he’d let Will drive. I smiled as we pulled up beside Sam’s car. “I’m just special,” I assured him with a smirk.

Sam laughed at this. “Oh, yeah, you’re special all right.” I shot him a glare which just succeeded in making him laugh harder. “I said you’re special, I didn’t say how. I know who taught you to drive. That’s why you are allowed to drive my car and my friends are not.” Sam climbed out of the car, Will and Ty behind him. Taking a deep breath to calm the nerves and excitement, I followed suit. I hurriedly walked around the front of the car to where Sam, Ty and Will had joined a big group of people. I assumed they were their friends.

I recognised some of them from school, both higher grades and mine. Jayke was there, Daniel wasn't, but Chase was. Chase gave me a sly smile as I joined the group and, shuddering, I squeezed in-between Will and Sam. He disgusted me. Okay that’s lying. He terrifies me as well.

I was introduced to the group as Ty’s friend, Rose. They were introduced to me also but the only two I remembered were Cass and Snake. They were the easiest to remember; Snake with his unique name and Cass because they were dating.

Cass had blonde hair that reached just past her shoulders. It was choppily layered and had black, pink and blue streaks through it. She gave me a kind smile which lit up her blue eyes. She had on a pair of light-washed, torn jeans, and a t-shirt that had been cut so it showed her pierced belly button and lower stomach.

Snake was the complete opposite. He had dark, mousy hair and brown eyes. His lip was pierced and he had a tattoo on his left shoulder that stretched halfway to his elbow. I think it was a dragon but didn’t stare long enough to decide. He wore dark jeans and a singlet. The thing that got my attention was that despite his appearance, he still gave me a smile.

I realised Ty was speaking again. “Rose wants to have a go. It’s her first time. So is anyone up for a short race? Just so she can have a drive.” Nate asked, looking around the group. Chase smirked at this but I tried my best to ignore him.

Xander appeared then beside Chase and gave me a spine-chilling smirk of his own. My response was to shuffle closer to Ty who automatically wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

One of Ty’s friends volunteered and everyone immediately started backing away to clear room for the cars. Sam threw me his keys and I followed Ty back to the car feeling giddy.

I get to race!

It just kept replaying in my mind. I get to race!

 I slid into the driver seat and Ty fastened his seatbelt. I pulled up beside his friend at the makeshift starting line. A girl walked out to stand in front of the cars, holding a flag.

“Well, looks like someone mistook their belt for a skirt this morning.” I grinned. Inside I was bouncing up and down. I was about to race! I felt sick from nerves and the phrase ‘butterflies’ didn’t really apply. I had bats! I was eager to go as the countdown began. I was going to race!

As soon as the word ‘Go’ was said and the flag dropped, I smashed my foot down onto the accelerator and the car leaped forward. I shifted up gears and Ty guided me around the first corner, giving me tips as my back end spun out to the side. I straightened up again and raced down the track. His friend was obviously faster and more experienced but I didn’t care. I was having too much fun. We were coming up to the last corner and it was a hairpin turn according to Ty. I turned sharply and drifted around the corner. The gears were shifted and the accelerator was pushed down even further. My speedometer inched up as I sped faster on the straight.

My face felt like it was about to break with how big my grin was as I sped over the finish line only two car spaces behind Ty’s friend. Proudly I pulled to a halt and beamed over at Ty. “That was freaking awesome!”

I was pumped. That was such an adrenalin rush. My heart is still pounding, I’m breathing heavy, and I have to resist the urge to bounce in my seat like a child. He was definitely bringing me back!

He smiled mildly. “Glad you liked it. I might bring you out next time, if you’re lucky.”

If I’m lucky... yeah right. He will be bringing me back whether he likes it or not.

Once out of the car we were immediately surrounded by his friends. Cass and Snake were the first ones over and they looked really cute holding hands as they walked especially since they looked so different.

“Good on you, Rose!” Cass exclaimed. She dropped Snake’s hand so she could give me a hug. “That was great for your first race! We’ll make a racer out of you yet!” That was followed by a chorus of agreement as everyone else congratulated me. Ty didn’t look too pleased about the racer comment but that was brushed off.

The guy I’d just raced stepped forward, extending his hand for me to shake. “Good race, kid,” he congratulated.

I shook his hand with a smile. “Thanks.”

The rumbling of engines distracted us as more cars moved to the starting line. I followed behind the group as we moved to find a good place to watch. Too preoccupied with everything going on around me, I didn’t notice someone beside me until I felt their arm being snaked around my waist. I turned to glare at Chase and try to remove his arm.

“Let go, asshole!” I hissed.

His only response was to grasp me tighter and smirk.

“Let me go!”

I slumped in his grasp, giving him the impression that I had given up. It worked and once his grip had loosened, I spun out of his grasp. Taking the moments distraction, I sped up to get closer to the group and ended up beside Sam. Ty was further ahead asking someone where his opponent was. Sam glanced down at me, seeing my expression he glanced behind us where Chase was scowling at me.

He raised an eyebrow and I nodded in reply. His face got an irritated expression. “Don’t tell Ty!” I have to raise my voice so he can hear me over the noise.

Will joined the conversation then shaking his head. “No! Chase has been warned!”

“Please. At least not now,” I begged. “You can tell him later; just not now!”

Finally they nod their agreement as the group stops. I stand with Cass as the next two cars get started so she can explain what I don’t understand. After about an hour it started cooling down as evening set in. I’d go and get my hoodie out of the car soon but hopefully it shouldn’t be too much longer before Ty raced. That was the only reason we were still here.

Almost everyone else had already raced except for Ty. Even Cass and Snake had raced together.

“Hey look! Connor’s here!” One of the guys, whose name I hadn’t learnt, said. Everyone turned and followed his gaze to see a familiar-looking guy making his way easily through the crowd towards our group.

He wore jeans and a comfortable – looking t-shirt. His hair was a messy golden colour and he raised his hand in greeting. He was warmly welcomed into the group and was talking to Jayke when Cass pulled me forward.

“Hey Connor, meet our newest recruit!” I was pushed to the front where he could see me properly.

I stood there, my eyes wide in shock and watched as his eyes widened in recognition. “Rose?”

Speechless, I just stood there as Cass looked between us in confusion. “You two know each other?”

I nodded as he said, “Yep.”

I needed to go. I needed to think about this and just let it sink in for a while. I needed space.

“Can I have your keys please?” I asked Sam.

He raised an eyebrow at me and eyed me warily.

I rolled my eyes, “Relax, I just want to get my jacket.”

Seeming to accept my answer, he reluctantly dropped the keys into my outstretched hand and with that I turned my back on Ty, Sam, the group and...my cousin.

I pushed through the growing crowd not trying to be polite and ignoring his calls for me to wait. No one knew who I was so it didn’t matter. There was no reputation or family name to uphold. I was a nobody and it was awesome. Although, a few random people who must have been friends of the boys stopped to congratulate me on how well I did for my first race.

Finally the crowd parted and I was at the car. It unlocked for me almost immediately and I leaned into the backseat to retrieve my hoodie. I happily put it on and revelled in the extra warmth it provided. I didn’t zip it up and it was a little big for me. Maybe I’ll have to find out where it came from and buy one that actually fits.

Why did he have to be here, of all people? Where was his little sister? Surely she wasn't here as well. I didn’t know how I could face him properly. Was I meant to act normal, happy families even though he hit me a few hours ago?

I relocked the car, ignoring the crowd, and froze as someone’s arms encircled my waist from behind and pulled me against them. Ty? Or maybe Connor? But then they chuckled lowly into my ear and I shuddered in disgust.

“Miss me?” His voice purred into my ear.

I struggled and tried to squirm out of his grasp. His grip only tightened and he rested his chin on my shoulder. “Let me go!” I demanded, hiding my fear.

Chase chuckled again as I managed to move away only to have his arms pull me straight back. “Nope.” He spun me around to face him and put his nose into the hair at my neck and inhaled.

His hands shifted from my hips to my upper arms and stroked them until they tightened almost painfully. He looked me up and down hungrily and I felt exposed. He moved closer in an attempt to kiss me but I turned my head to the side so he only got my cheek and pushed at his chest, trying to move away.

“Are you drunk or are you stoned?” My voice raised an octave as I pushed on his chest more.

Chase looked confused for a moment, his eyebrows furrowing together in concentration but his grip loosened on my arms enough for me to slip out. I didn’t step away from him though. The anger had been boiling against him for a while and he had it coming. My fist flew true and connected with his face.

I stepped closer to I could hiss in his face. “Don't ever touch me again!”

“Rose, what’s taking so long? Ty’s about to race and is looking for you...” Will’s voice came from behind me and trailed off as he spotted Chase behind me. I spun to face him and watched as he moved to stand beside me. A smirk played on his lips as he looked at Chase’s red cheek.

He turned to me questioningly, “Did you -?”

“Yep.”

I smiled proudly.

Will didn’t comment on it further except for, “Good one. Now let’s head back to join the group.” He didn’t wait, just started walking.

I went to follow but stupid Chase had other ideas. “For god’s sake, Chase! Let me go now!” I clawed at his arms as they encircled my waist again. Slapping his arms and stomping on his feet in an attempt to get away.

Then Chase’s arms were gone with a grunt and I stumbled forward a few steps before spinning on my feet. Sam was now standing in front of Chase laying into him. Chase grunted in pain but managed to swing back and clip Sam in the mouth, splitting his lip.

“Sam.” I said, wanting him to stop.

Sam paused to look at me and I could see in his eyes just how much he wanted to keep going but instead he straightened his shirt and turned back to glare at Chase. “You ever touch her again, it’ll be much worse and she won't be here to stop us.” His voice was thick with anger but each word was pronounced slowly and coldly so it was understood.

I watched as Sam came and slung a protective arm around my shoulders and led me back to the group. As soon as we were within view, I was pulled away from Sam and into Ty’s arms as he held me close.

“Are you okay?”

I nod into his chest before pulling away from him. “Yeah, thanks to Sam.”

Ty shakes Sam’s hand, “Thanks man.” He turns his attention back to me. “What happened?”

Aware of everyone’s eyes on them, I shook my head. “Nothing. It doesn’t matter, I’m okay.”

He studies me thoughtfully before letting it drop. I breathe a sigh of relief but that halts when I spot that Chase has just rejoined Xander on the opposite side of the track and now they’re all glaring at me. Tensely, I wedge myself in between Ty and Sam as we watch the second last race of the day. Ty is racing last.

One of Xander’s gang wins that race and then Ty is on.

Sam steps forward, “Will you be okay to race this one solo?”

“Why? Aren’t you going to ride in with me like normal?”

“Nah, I think I’ll stay with Rose and sit this one out.”

As the boys talk I glance out to see who he’s racing against. Dark, scheming eyes met mine and I swallowed when I realised who Ty was racing. Xander sent me a little, taunting wave.

“Nah, I’ll be okay. Watch Rosie for me though.” Ty said in reply to something Sam had said.

“Always. After the last week it’s only natural now.”

Ty is about to disappear into the crowd when I say, “Good luck.”

He smiles genuinely at me, one that lights up his whole face. “You’re all the luck I need, Rosie.” He kissed me on the forehead and then disappears into the crowd to get the car.

Sam comes to stand beside me as we watch the starting line. “You need to tell him what happened, you know. He can stop it.”

The girl drops the flag and both boys accelerate with smoke coming from the tyres.

“What, by getting into a fight with them? I don’t think so! He doesn’t need to know and you’re not going to tell him.”

“Rose –“

“No! Someone will get hurt and I can't live with that! I’m handling it on my own, okay?”

I wasn't weak. I didn’t want to be seen as the weak, fragile girl who needed protecting because she was vulnerable. I didn’t want to be that girl.

He scowled disapprovingly at me before releasing a sigh. “Fine.”

“Thanks.”

“But...” he paused for emphasis, “We will be telling Ty if anything else happens.”

“Yeah, whatever,” I brushed him off, my full attention on the finishing line in front of me.

Ty came drifting around the corner first, followed by Xander a car length behind. Numerous times Xander tried to get past but Ty was already there blocking him. Ty sped over the finish line first.

The crowd rushes forward to surround Ty’s car but he doesn’t care. He comes pushing through hurriedly towards us and sweeps me up into his arms. My arms wrap around his neck as he twirls us around and I laugh gleefully.

“Congratulations.” I say when he finally sets me back down on my feet.

“Told you, you were all the luck I needed Rosie.” He says with a wink before being swept up by our group.

Cass pushes through to my side. “So why does Tyson call you Rosie instead of Rose? I forgot to ask you earlier.”

I smile at her and laugh. “It’s a short story gone long.”

She looks confused, glancing away and then back to see if I was serious. “Meaning..?” She prompted.

I laughed again. “Meaning I don’t remember!”

“Okay then.” She laughs with me until I stop suddenly, having noticed Chase sauntering over.

“Hey Rose, I had a great time before. We should definitely do it again sometime.”

It felt as if a bucket of freezing cold water had just been poured over me. Ty came over then, wrapped a tense arm around my shoulders and looked between us in confusion.

“What the f*ck do you want?” He snaps angrily, but I can hear the faint uncertainty in his voice and his arm drops from around my shoulder making me feel empty.

Sam pushes through the crowd that had gathered, expecting a fight to break out. “If you know what’s good for you then you’ll shut your mouth.” He snarls.

Chase only smirks in his direction and steps closer until they’re almost chest-to-chest. “I’m not scared of you,” he taunts.

Sam shoves him back roughly, “What now that you have your doggy friends to back you up? You didn’t say that before when I got you.”

It was like Chase growled and his eyes flashed to an animalistic yellow-gold but I blinked and they were back to normal. Xander now has a hand on his shoulder, pulling him back.

“Bye angel,” Xander calls over his shoulder as he disappears into the crowd.

Chase’s eyes glance around until they land on me. Smirking, he steps towards me so I take a hasty step back. He blows me a kiss with a wink. “See you later, sweet cheeks.”

Like a switch, Ty snaps forward and throws a fist into Chase’s face. A fight breaks out and then both boys are throwing punches at each other while I stand on the sidelines. I shriek out in alarm as arms pull me away from the fight.

“Fight,” echoes through the crowd as the boys are encouraged to my disgust.

“It’s just me,” Sam says reassuringly but my shriek of alarm caused Ty to raise his head to check on me which cost him as Chase’s knee connected with his stomach. I cringe away helplessly and bury my head in his chest.

“Make them stop, Sam. Please make them stop.” I whimpered.

“Snake.”

I watched as determinedly, Snake stepped in between them and forced them apart. The crowd booed at his efforts. “Ty, snap out of it!”

“Ty?” I called quietly.

His head snapped to look in my direction and I tried not to flinch back even further into Sam at the fury in his eyes. It mustn’t have worked because his fury dims a little when he stares into my eyes.

“Ty, please stop. He’s not worth it.”

He doesn’t respond.

“I wanna go home now. He’s not worth our time.”

Still no reply and his eyes seemed to darken even more like he thought I was defending Chase. He took a step towards us and I couldn’t help but to take a step of my own in the opposite direction.

Sam lost his temper then. “For f*ck’s sake, Ashford, you’re scaring her!”

This seemed to break whatever had been holding Ty in his anger stage and his eyes immediately went back to normal. “Rosie, I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay,” I managed to choke out. “Can we go now?”

He nodded and wrapped an arm around my waist.

“Did you just apologise to her, Ashford?” Someone asked incredulously.

He glared at them. “It’s none of your f*cking business but yes. Now p*ss off and don’t expect it to happen to anyone except my girl. She’s the only one I apologise to.”

He shrugged it off and after saying goodbye to the group and exchanging numbers with Cass, we disappeared down the road. The trip was silent. I sat in the back that time and it was getting a little annoying with Ty and Sam both taking turns in sneaking worried looks in my direction.

We pulled up outside my house and I waited for Ty to climb out so I could get out, instead he swivelled in his seat. “Rosie I really am sorry for before. I shouldn’t have snapped or lost control in front of you.”

I spared him a wry smile. “It’s okay, really, just kind of a reality check. You’re not the same boy I used to be friends with, that’s for sure.”

He gave me one of his rare smiles that he seemed to save only for me and started to climb out of the car.

“Are you going to be okay?” Sam nodded towards the house.

I smiled softly. “I’ll be fine.” Ty offered me his hand and I accepted it as I climbed out of the car. He got back in and I leaned in to the open window.

He started digging through the console. “Don't forget this.” He handed me the rounded object.

I chuckled wholeheartedly, “Yeah. That one might raise a few questions.”

Sam’s face turned serious. “Rose, if anything happens we want you to call us, okay?”

“We’re serious, Rosie. Promise me you’ll call us if you need us.”

I rolled my eyes but replied nonetheless. “Okay, I promise.” I crossed my fingers behind my back as I said this.

I wouldn’t ring them. I’d deal with it on my own.

“He’s not here anyways, we saw him at the track.” I added as an afterthought.

Ty’s head snapped up. “Who?”

“Uh, never mind. I’ve got to go, bye!”

“Rosie!” I froze in my tracks, cursing silently. I always seemed to let things slip when I was around him. “Who?”

“Connor.”

“Okay then, bye Rose.”

“Bye Rosie.”

I eyed them suspiciously, “Bye guys.”

The car stays parked in the driveway until I’ve made it to the front door. It doesn’t pull away until I close and lock the door firmly behind me. I smiled to myself; they were sweet to wait until I was safely inside to leave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi,

As promised here is the next chapter...

It was easier to complete this chapter because my head's not as big a mess. You remember that guy? Well what happened last week didnt mean anything so it seems and we're pretty much back to how we were before-hand. And i'm okay with that! Really i am! In the end it kind of was a mistake, sort of something we did out of boredom and to see if it could work out but even though it was short and sweet it didnt work and it feels like a mistake now.

Sooooo......... but some people that i didnt want knowing found out what happened, And you know how i didnt want them to know because i was scared of what they'd say and how they would judge me? Well i pretty much had the shit bagged out of me for what happened for about an hour.

What a great and quick way to bring one's thoughts on them self swiralling downwards. So now i feel like shit and feel like im about to cry but i cant because then my parents would ask questions and i dont want them to know because honestly? My mum hates the guy half the time.

So now im sitting here absorbed in my aloneness and hating every second of it.

Love is a battlefied people, you're going to get smashed and sometimes the ones you thought had your back are going to be the ones who stab it.

Anyways, Enjoy the next chapter and as always: vote, comment, fan and SHARE!

Rachel xoxo

P.S. The next chapter should be up in the next few days unless my head gets scrambled and fried but i have tomorrow off of school so hopefully i'll get some done. ;)

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

7.1K 158 16
Sixteen year old, Bella Harken, has knowingly taken one of the hardest jobs she's ever had, or ever WILL have. She is the nanny for the dreaded Sween...
169K 2.4K 21
Welcome to the life of teen fiction and teen romance be prepared to meet the mind of the younger generation... Well the extreme side anyways ;) Cool...
9K 170 30
Amber isn't a normal 16 yr old girl.Her parents died in a car wreck when she was 15 yrs old. Ever since the accident shes been having the same night...
18.6K 1K 49
Book #4 in the Bonds of Fate series. "You left me. For 2 years." Killian's voice shook with the force of his emotion. "You chose to leave me." "Leavi...