Never Had ~ A Louis Tomlinson...

By katie_rick

Emma Scott and Louis Tomlinson were best friends since they were kids. But when Louis leaves and becomes part... More

Never Had ~ A Louis Tomlinson Love Story
Chapter 1: Everything Has Changed
Chapter 2: Invisible
Chapter 3: Killing Two Birds with One Stone
Chapter 4: Shameless
Chapter 5: Somebody's Heartbreak
Chapter 6: What I Know
Chapter 7: You Don't Know Me
Chapter 8: Breathless
Chapter 9: Hung Up
Chapter 10: Run
Chapter 11: Say Something
Chapter 12: Sue Me
Chapter 13: The Mess I Made
Chapter 14: Come on Eileen
Chapter 15: Tied Together With A Smile
Chapter 16: Heart Attack
Chapter 17: Enough For Now
Chapter 18: Love & Memories
Chapter 19: Lucky
Chapter 21: Why Don't You?
Chapter 22: Devil on My Shoulder
Chapter 23: Safe and Sound
Chapter 24: Unsure
Chapter 25: Disenchanted
Chapter 26: The "L" Word
Chapter 27: Loosing It
Chapter 27: Love Like War
Chapter 29: Love That is Crisp in the Fall
Chapter 30: Ignorance is My Best Friend
Chapter 31: Story of My Life
Chapter 32: Darkest Nights
Chapter 33: She is Love
Chapter 34: Life's True Monster
Chapter 35: Miserable At Best (Part 1)
Chapter 36: Landslide
Chapter 37: Half a Heart
Chapter 38: I See the Light
Chapter 39: Best of Me
Something New
New story!

Chapter 20: I'll Capture Your Heart

12.6K 232 41
By katie_rick

"Eh lovebirds! Wakey-wakey!" I felt a pillow hit my face and I instantly woke up. Realizing that I was still in Louis room, I remembered us trying to watch Bullitt, but falling asleep about halfway through very late last night- er, this morning. I shifted my position and looked to see Niall standing over me, grabbing another pillow to throw at us. I groaned as it slapped my back and I hid under another pillow, escaping all light.

"Seriously guys, wake up, we have to leave soon. I'll send the angry Marlee in here if I have to." Niall says and my eyes open wide as I shoot up to face him. "You wouldn't." I squint my eyes, giving him a deadly glare. "Oh I would. And it's not like she wouldn't also get a chance to tease you about this for the rest of the week." Niall pointed between the two of us. I opened my mouth to say something, but then thought about all the stuff Marlee would say later. Yeah, we should get up.

I turned to Louis, who still had his head in a pillow on the other side of the large bed, and pushed on his shoulder. "Wake up, sleeping beauty." I smirked to myself as I got up and thanked Niall for waking me up. Even if it was early and I was somewhat enjoying being wrapped in Louis' warm embrace all night, I knew we had to be on the road to Spain in less than an hour. I heard him groan as he shifted around in his bed. "He's all yours now." I laughed at Niall as I left the room with my belongings in hand, walking across the hall to my room, where I'm sure Marlee was waiting for me.

I think I got one knock on the door before Marlee swung it open, smiling wide at me. "So, how was Romeo?" I sighed and walked in, knowing exactly what I was in for. Little did she know I could play her game as well. "Good. But I'm sure you're much more excited about your night with Jay Gatsby." I smiled back at her and she laughed, yet said nothing. Yes, I was getting to her!

"Do you have all of your stuff packed up?" I asked her and she nodded, zipping up one of her many suitcases. I checked my phone and saw we had about twenty minutes until we had to leave so I decided to grab some clean clothes from my suitcase and change into them, nothing fancy, but anything to get me out of these skinny jeans. Ready to leave for Spain, we left the room and found Liam also leaving at the other end of the hallway. We waved him over and walked to the elevator together. "So, how long will it take to get to Spain?" Marlee asked him. "A few hours, nothing to extreme since we're flying this time. We're also supposed to hang out at Santiago Bernabeu Sadium, so we might play some football too." he said and we both nodded, stepping out of the elevator into the lobby where we were supposed to meet the boys.

I was really excited when I heard we were going to Madrid, I really liked Spain, plus I could speak some Spanish. "With Real Madrid?" I asked him and he nodded. A smile crept onto my face and my heart began to beat quickly. "Mind if I tag along?" I asked Liam and he shrugged his shoulders, signalling that it was fine. "Why would you want to go, I thought you weren't a big football fan?" Marlee asked me and I laughed a little. "Well, the sport is fine. But this certain team has a certain player known as Christiano Ronaldo, and he is certainly hot." I said and Marlee smirked as Liam shook his head. "Who's hot?" I turned and saw Louis coming with his few suitcases in hand. I shook my head at Marlee who was trying not to laugh. Don't do it. Please don't do it. "Just some guy, Ronaldo I guess, that Emma's crazy about." she rolled her eyes and ran off to Niall, Liam also leaving my side. Thanks friends.

"Oh God, you like him?" Louis looked disgusted and I couldn't help but giggle. "I never said that. Remember, I am dating you?" He sighed, "Well now I'll have to beat his ass in a football match to impress you. Thanks love." I laughed as he turned to walk towards the boys and I followed behind quickly. We piled into a van because the tour bus had already left last night so the crew could meet us for the boys show in Madrid tomorrow night. The airport wasn't too far, but that wasn't the problem. We knew there would be fans, tons. But when I saw the some-hundred of them waiting just outside the doors, I grew nervous. I had never actually had to interact with them since I started going out with Louis and I had heard stories about how girlfriends always got hate from fans. I had yet to ask Marlee, and I somewhat regretted that. We all got out of the van one by one and the boys had security keeping the fans away from us. That did not stop the screams, however. Louis got my bags out for me but one of the security members grabbed a large cart and put all the bags on their. We all swiftly walked into the airport. Louis and I weren't even standing near each other and fans were still yelling things at me.

"Emma's a fat, ugly whore!" one fan yelled over the rest. I kept my head down, but my ears stayed open as comments continued. "She's just a beard. Louis and Harry are obviously together!" I heard a final insult as we entered the airport and the doors closed. Instantly, Louis was at my side, grabbing my hand. "Don't listen to them." he said quietly. "Don't worry about it, I'm completely fine." I smiled at him and he seemed satisfied with that, but kept holding onto my hand.

Not much later, we were on a plane headed to Spain. It was a short flight, but I was tired and had nothing better to do than sleep. So, I closed my eyes and got comfortable. I tried to think about all the fun we would have today when we got to Madrid, but all that was on my mind was the comments from the fans. Except it wasn't them that bothered me, it was the fact that they were repeating my father. Every time I heard their screaming voices, I saw him. I saw the nightmare. I saw Louis, dead. No matter how many times I told myself that my dad was locked up for good, I couldn't shake the fear that was taking over me.

The touch of soft skin against my cold hand awakened me and I desperately opened my eyes, finding Louis sitting there, listening to music and smiling. He took off the headphones for a moment and leaned in closer to me. "We'll be arriving soon, so I just wanted to wake you up." he said and I nodded. Wow, that nap was a lot longer than I thought it was. Thank God though, I don't think I could've lasted a minute longer in that dream, if that's even what it was.

Louis was right as the pilot announced a few minutes later that we were making our decent into Madrid. I took out two pieces of gum from my bag, handing one to Louis and putting the other piece in my mouth. I chewed hard as we landed, trying to keep my ears from popping as most of us know hurts like hell. Luckily, I barely felt nothing. When the plane finally stopped at the gate, I ripped my seat belt off and stood up, reading to meet Madrid for the first time. Hopefully I could get my mind off of that stupid dream. Ronaldo could definitely help with that.

We all stepped off the small plane and into the airport terminal. There were some fans, but none really acknowledged me. I was liking Spain already. Of course, there were still thousands to go, so I guess I'll just enjoy it while I can. It only took the boys a few minutes to greet the fans before they let us go on our way. Apparently we were supposed to be at the stadium at noon and it was already eleven, so we just had enough time to drop off our things at the hotel, change, and get a quick lunch.

The hotel was grand and expensive-looking, just as I had expected. But trust me, I had tried shoving my credit card in Louis face a thousand times, which always ended in him throwing it across the room. While I chased after it, he paid. Damn that boy. Up on our floor, Marlee and I dropped our bags off in our room and changed into some comfier, lighter clothing since it was much warmer here than in Paris. I picked out a plain white tank top with a patterned pocket, some shorts, and my most treasured pair of Free Runs. A knock on our door told us it was time to go and I quickly put my hair up in a ponytail as we ran out to meet the boys. Once again, we got into a van. When I thought we were skipping lunch, I remembered that these are boys. And they would never pass up a chance at food. They quickly found an ethnic Spanish restaurant and we went in slyly so we wouldn't be recognized.

When we finally got to the stadium, we found that Lea and Chris were going to recording the boys today to show what they did whilst on tour. I greeted her with a warm smile, but decided not to spark up a conversation given that she was supposed to be working. Instead, I looked around for the hot Spanish football team. The stadium was large and technically, I was supposed to stay with the boys. What was so funny to me was when I thought I saw someone and stopped walking, but Louis grabbed onto my hand tightly, pulling me along. Yeah, he didn't let go anytime after that. Ain't that just adorable?

We were taken down to the lower level of the stadium where we were told the players were currently. I started to get nervous as we neared their 'club house' style room. Finally about seven people came into view and I finally knew what directioners felt when they saw the boys. I wanted to run up and hug Ronaldo when I saw him, but I played it cool and watched as the boys introduced themselves, along with Marlee, me, and the rest of the crew that had come with them. Each boy was given a uniform for the team with their names on them, which of course made me jealous. But watching Louis take his shirt off was perfectly fine with me.

Next thing I knew, they were all being escorted to the field. Marlee, me, and everyone else not playing headed to the seats and sat in the first row at the center of the field. The boys started to play around with the ball and chat with the players. I did notice Louis keeping his distance from Ronaldo, which had both Marle and I dying in our seats. They split the teams into groups of six and started a small scrimmage game. I had never seen Louis play football for real, and he was really good. Maybe not Ronaldo good, but good. They decided to take a break once Ronaldo's team scored and everyone jogged off the field for water. Marlee cheered Niall on, even though the boys weren't looking very good. Harry signalled us both down and we quickly climbed down to the field, meeting them. "You guys want to try some?" he asked and I looked at Marlee whom was shrugging her shoulders. "I guess so, but not in the game. Maybe we could just take some shots." I said and he nodded leading us over to one of the goals. With a few balls already laid out for us, Harry got in goal and told us to 'give him all we've got'. I laughed as he hopped around the goal, looking like a jumping bean. Marlee took a shot and although it was slow, it made it to the corner. She did a silly victory dance as Niall ran over and picked her up, joining in the celebration.

It was my turn to take a shot at the goal and as much as I wanted to hit Harry, I remembered that the whole point was not to. I kicked the ball way to hard and it went soaring over the goal. Harry encouraged me to take another but I shook my head, not wanting to embarrass myself anymore. I turned around and bumped into a tall body. I looked up and saw Christiano Ronaldo smiling down at me. Damn. "Need some help?" he said, speaking English. "Uh.. sure." I decided that some lessons from one of the best players in the world wouldn't hurt. He lead me back over to one of the balls in front of the goal and set up my shot for me. Then standing next to me, he helped me plant my left foot right next to the ball. I practiced running up to it for a little bit and then he showed me the correct form. Apparently, when I took the high shot, I was leaning too far back and all I needed to do was bend a few more inches forward. Deciding I was ready, he waited for me to shoot. I did a short run up to the ball and fired it into the goal. I turned to Ronaldo and saw him smiling at me. I ran over to him and hugged him, which was so cool. However, the next thing I hear is Louis' loud voice announcing that it's time to play again. I wave Ronaldo off and wish him good luck as Marlee and I head back to the bleachers.

The game is up and running again, but the pace has changed. Something snapped in Louis' system and he was playing a lot more physical and aggressive than before, especially when against Ronaldo. "Looks like someone's jealous." Marlee mentioned at one point and I pushed her shoulder lightly, even though I knew it was true. And honestly, as low as it sounds, I kind of liked it. The fact that Louis was so defensive of our relationship really showed me that he wouldn't be giving up on it anytime soon.

Finally he got up to the goal and took a shot. It went in and all five boys celebrated together in a group hug, which was probably more adorable than Louis being jealous. After that, the players decided to call the game and they all did their 'man-hugs' as they walked off the field. After that, they did a quick photo-op and Lea talked to each of them for a moment. Marlee and I waited patiently and when they were done, she ran over to Niall and hugged him, telling him how amazing he was. I turned around and saw Louis standing there, shirt now in his hand, waiting for me to do exactly what Marlee had just done. "If you think I'm going to jump into your sweaty arms and tell you how wonderful you are, you're wrong." I sassed and he scoffed, rolling his eyes. "I'm sure you'd do it if I was Christiano Ronaldo." he emphasized his name and I laughed, coming closer to him. "This jealous Louis is adorable. I love getting to see this new side of you, it's actually pretty hot." I smirked at him and he smiled a bit, looking down at his shoes. I sighed and gave in, hugging his body that was still slightly dripping in sweat. Ew. "You did really good. I never knew you could play so well. I'm proud that you're mine, not Ronaldo." I smiled at him and I think he might have blushed a little. Sometimes he can be such a girl.

I noticed him inching his face closer and closer and my breathing hitched, realizing what was happening. Louis was going to kiss me. Do I lean in? Do I wait? Do I stop or does he? Why is this so confusing? I have kissed a boy before. In fact, Louis has kissed me before. Finally I can feel his warm breath as his scruff from his chin grazes my face. I close my eyes and wait for it, but it never comes. Instead, I hear Marlee shouting.

"Guys! Niall has never seen the Lion King! Isn't that insane! How have we been dating for so long and I have not heard anything about this? Hasn't everyone seen the lion king?" Louis and I instantly spread apart and let go of each other as Marlee comes over, Niall quickly following her behind. "Oh.. uh.. yeah, that is weird. Maybe you guys should go back to the hotel and watch it." Louis says awkwardly and I nod, staying quiet. She gives us a weird look, but shakes it off as she turns back to Niall and tells him that they are waiting the Lion King tonight, whether he likes it or not. I turn back and see Louis walking over to Zayn. I sigh and take out my ponytail, shaking out my hair. Seconds later, I feel someone's arm wrap around my shoulders. I look up and see Harry smirking at me. "Emma and Louis, sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-oh wait, Marlee interrupts them and another opportunity is missed." he laughs to himself and I punch his shoulder as we walk towards the rest of our group. 

Well, thanks a lot, Marlee. 

(A/N: So this was a really fun chapter to write! Especially after playing soccer all weekend! I'm so tired and sore and I have school tomorrow and my body just won't move. But gosh, Christiano Ronaldo is an attractive man for sure. I can see why poor Louis had to get so jealous. But I just love Marlee in this chapter. Hopefully you aren't too mad at me, cuz! I told you that you'd mess some stuff up! :P Once again, sorry about the late update. Hopefully the next part will be done by Thursday. Until then, have a great week guys! And I'm praying for anyone who's starting school. Trust me, I'm not excited about it either. Just remember to vote and comment! xoxo -Katie)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

680K 15.5K 54
"It's okay Louis. You'll see her soon" Liam hugged me. "I Know if Danielle was in that plane I'd be very upset too" he added. "But you would've gotte...
472K 27.9K 20
❝𝐈 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓❞ -@keikaminari - date: 02/01/2021 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐃 ╭┈─────── ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ- -ˏˋ こんにちはˊˎ- 𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘜.𝘈...
1.5M 51.4K 66
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
531K 12.2K 40
Reghan and her best friend Emi just finished high school and they decide to go on a trip to Australia during theirs gap year. Everything was going fi...