8. At His Command (BWWM) [Boo...

Από kudz12

First book - At Her Command Second book - Talia Third book - ⬇️⬇️⬇️ (This one) My favorite couple Linc and Me... Περισσότερα

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 - The Commissioner
Chapter 10
Chapter 11 - Raquel
A/N
Chapter 12 - Family and Friends
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Snippet
Chapter 15
Q/A Session
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
A/N - fellow readers
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Sorry - Not an update
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 - Epilogue
Dangerous Affair (bwwm)

Chapter 24

4.6K 266 29
Από kudz12

So here is another chapter just for you guys. This is how much I adore you all for your constant support and lovely comments.

"Your baby is safe and sound Mrs Shields and luckily not much damage was done by the bullet which we managed to remove," the doctor informed Mel.
"I know that already. Now what of my husband?"
"He is still in surgery."
As soon as he said that she threw the covers off getting off the bed as he tried to stop her.
"Don't touch me, or you will have no use for those hands once I tell my husband," she seethed grabbing the crutches.

"Make yourself useful and lead me to him this very moment," she snapped as the young man turned to lead the way.
The whole hospital knew never to get in the way of either one of them especially when the life of the other was involved.
"You will need these," he said handing her a cap, gown and mask.
Putting them as fast as she could she stepped into the theater.

"How is he doing?" She asked softly.
"It's been a touch and go ma'am, but we just got the bullet out."
"When will you be done?"
"In another hour or two. The plastic surgeon needs to come make sure the stitches are perfect to avoid too much scaring."
Mel just nodded her head giving him the go ahead to continue. Staying in the room she waited until they finished before they took him to their private suite. Careful not to pull her stitches she lay on her bed which was beside his as she listened to the beep of the heart monitor.

Grabbing his hand she whispered sweet words begging him to wake up. A scowl marked his features before the heart monitor started beeping loudly.
"What is happening?" She asked as soon as the doctor entered the room.
"Nothing to worry about ma'am," he said as he slowly injected a sedative into his IV.
Soon his heart-rate became normal as his facial expression became relaxed.
Once they were out of the room she moved onto his bed careful not to hurt him as she fell asleep beside him.

Waking up she found him still asleep. His body still weak from the blood loss but alive nonetheless. The doctors had informed her the abdominal wound was not too serious thanks to his strong core muscles as the bullet didn't penetrate much further.
"How are you?" Ethan asked her.
"Better than expected," she said with a smile as she sat in her bed.
"And him?"
"Still hasn't woken up. It's been three days now, and the doctors keep saying he needs to gain his strength."
"He will wake up any minute now, trust me," Ethan smiled. Only he had remained behind after the children and Lia left for Greece to stay with her dad. Her in laws stuck around and were beyond furious when they heard of the attack.

It seemed the Rodriguezs' had turned up the heat on them because this time the hit was not sloppy. This individual had managed to disable their system within minutes but Cas was already hot on his trail furious and out for blood.

------

"Hi," she heard him whisper as she looked up at him from her chair.
"Linc," she said quickly getting up wincing in pain having forgotten about her leg as he tried to sit up pained by her pain as well as his own. "Hi," she said hopping closer to the bed.
"How long have I been out?" He whispered.
"Four days," she said as he gave her a weak smiled.
Taking some ice chips for him she fed him some to soothe his throat as he looked at her worried.

"Are you alright sweetheart?" He said seeing tears pool in her eyes.
She nodded her head yes, afraid to speak knowing her voice would break.
He looked at her reading her facial expressions slowly wiping away her tears as she lay beside him knowing she had to inform the doctors but just wanting a few minutes to themselves before they started fussing over him.
The steady thump of his heart felt strong underneath her hand as they lay still enjoying the presence of the other.

"I don't know what I would do if I lost you," she whispered a few seconds later.
"You will never lose me," he whispered just as a nurse walked in turning on her heel when she saw them.
Mel placed he lips above his in a simple kiss before getting off the bed just as doctors walked in with nurses. The nurse form earlier rushed forward to help her back into her bed. After notifying everyone that he was alright Linc and Mel were left to rest as they were monitored for nosocomial infections and the likes.

Mel felt a presence unlike any other in the room and upon waking up let out an audible gasp.
Enrique stood over her bed looking down at her a sly smile on his face. Linc stirred awake seeing Enrique in the room. Searching for the small distress remote Enrique chuckled revealing it in his hands as Linc struggled with any movements because of his injuries.
"Don't even move," he spat grabbing ahold of Mel's injured leg which made Linc stop any movement as soon as Mel cried out in pain.

"What do you want?"
"I came for what is rightfully mine."
"You mean the stone you murdered my parents for?"
"Murder? Do I look like I have the energy to waste on such frivolities."
Linc scoffed looking at the man.
"The way to hurt you would be to hurt that which you treasure most," he said tightening his grip over her wounded as blood started oozing out whilst tears ran down her cheeks.

"Remove your filthy hands from my wife," Linc growled getting off the bed in a flash making Enrique step back not expecting this.
"We will continue this discussion some time later, under more conducive surroundings," he said turning around quickly leaving the room.
Grabbing the remote he buzzed a doctor moving towards her.
"It's alright sweetheart," he cooed as she cried in his arms as they waited a few minutes passed before a nurse arrived with the doctor.

"Listen to me very clearly. I want the security head for this wing in here in the next minute," he told the nurse as the doctor attended to Mel.
A few minutes a young man walked in looking sharp and polished in his suite which had the security logo.
"Explain to me how one of the few people not allowed in this building, this floor for that matter got in and harmed my wife, threatening me?"
"I...I...I don't...."
"Don't you dare tell me you don't know. You are the head meaning the rest of your body follows your lead," Linc boomed making the other doctors in the room pale in fear. "I want answers or so help me hell will be the least of your problems when I am done with you. I pay you to do your job not have fun and sleep on the job. Such incompetence is unacceptable..." Linc said stopping when he heard Mel call him out.
A slight shake of her head had him reigning in his anger as he growled in fustration. Turning back to the man he told the security head to call Caspian with whatever information he attained. The man left the room looking frightened as he snapped at his men to be alert.

Meanwhile Linc turned to face Mel as she created space on her bed patting the space beside her after getting some pain medication. Slowly moving towards her he pulled her towards him as she lay her head on his chest careful of his wound.
"Are you alright?" He said in a gruff voice as he propped up his leg beside her.
"I am fine Linc. I'm worried about you," she said as he looked down at her. "You should focus on healing first, Cas and Ethan are working on the security detail," she whispered. "I need you back in shape for what we have to do," she said with determination.

He nodded his head tightening his hold on her.
"After all Enrique crossed the line and touched what is yours," she said with a smirk as he looked at her with a heated gaze.
"And no one touches what is mine," he said making them both chuckle.
"Look what happened to Raquel she tried to take what is mine away from me," Mel murmured as Linc gave her a questioning look. "No one touches what is mine," Mel said as he moaned out her name loving how possessive she sounded instead of him being that way.

"Get some sleep love, it's been a long day," he whispered.
"I should be telling you that after all you took several bullets for," she murmured gently placing her hand on his chest drawing small circles. The action lulled them both to sleep.

------

"Keep these wounds away from water for the next week," the doctor lastly said after handing them some medication.
"Sure thing doc," Mel said happy to finally be going home.
Looking at Linc who sat in the wheelchair she giggled as he rolled his eyes in annoyance. Using crutches she started making her was out but stopped when Linc called out to her.
"No need to rush out on me," he said standing up getting his own.
Hopping down the corridor they stopped when they heard a familiar voice.

"Don't they look adorable together," Ethan teased like a little girl standing next to Cas who wore a smirk.
Linc huffed knowing it was pointless to retaliate especially when those two were together as he turned to find Mel blushing as a smile formed on his face.
"Come on let's go home," Linc said softly as they continued towards the elevator which Cas held open for them.
"Need any help?" Ethan asked.
"Nope we are perfectly fine," Mel said as they leaned against the wall standing side by side as Cas and Ethan looked worried.

"Spit it out," Linc said reading their expressions.
"The press if going crazy out there. Enrique found out about Mel's biological father and leaked the information to them," Ethan said just as they reached the ground floor.
"This is not good. How did he get the information? What other stunt is he going to pull off next? I need to call my dad," Mel rambled panicking.
"Hey, hey, it's going to be alright," Linc said pulling her into his arms. "I'll fix this," he whispered into her ear as he felt her heart racing. "I'll fix this," he said rubbing soothing circles on her back.
"We need to leave now before more reporters arrive once they know you are leaving the hospital," Cas said.

----

"Melinda over here. Is it true you are the bastard child of Henry Price." One reporter bluntly yelled.
"Was your mother having an affair with Mr Price."
"How does it feel to have a rich husband and father?"
"Did you already know that he was your father?"
"Is the one who funded the startup of Global Tech?"
Questions flew from all directions as they moved through the crowd. The security had trouble keeping the reporters back as they shoved trying to get to the couple. But one went as far as knocking Mel down resulting in the commotion seizing as Linc stopped looking at the reporter whilst Ethan quickly helped Mel up.

"I..I..I didn't mean to knock you down ma'am," he stuttered as the photographers continued taking pictures in silence all questions gone as they awaited to see what Linc would do.
Ignoring him Mel called Linc snapping him out of his trance as they started moving on to the car.
Turning to look at the reporter Mel saw pure regret and fear as he watched them leave. He knew his days as a reporter were numbered.
"It seems Enrique is now running the show," Mel murmured facing outside.
"I hope he can put out the fire he just started, because each mistake her makes is like pouring gasoline on us," he said softly.

"Where are we going?" Mel asked.
"Off the grid to recuperate," Linc said with a smile.

------

"When you said off the grid you should have just told me we were going out to the countryside."
"Well I have been meaning for us to get a house out here," he murmured as Walter pulled up to a house. The real estate agent walked out of the house as Linc and Mel stepped out of the car.
"Mr Lovechild, pleasure to meet you," she beamed.
"The pleasure is all mine. So is this the first house," Linc said putting more of his weight on the cane as Mel admired the surroundings.
"Yes, if you will follow me," she smiled moving towards the house.
Linc was about to call Mel but saw her already lost in the surroundings as he decided to leave her.

"The house is made up of ten bedrooms including the master suite. You will be glad to know the master suit can undergo renovations without it affecting the structure of the entire house. The kitchen is built for a chef as per your enquiry. Five of the rooms have ensuite bathrooms. Six bedrooms on the ground floor in the east wing, three on the second floor in the east wing and the master in the west wing," she said as they stood in the foyer by the staircase as she pointed out the directions.

Making a move to head further into the house Linc stood rooted in place as he waited for Mel.
"Are we waiting for someone," she asked.
"Ummm, yes my..."
"Your assistant?" She quickly interjected.
"Hmmm yes, she does assist me with everything doesn't she," Linc said more to himselfwearing a smirk as Mel made her way up to them.

"Can we move on to the next house," Linc said.
"But you haven't seen the rest of the house properly."
"Can we move on to the next house," he said in a stern voice.
"Okay," the agent saidas she gathered her papers.

"We want something smaller," he said as she nodded her head yes with a wide smile.
Following her they drove away from the mansion to a smaller cottage.
"I am sure even you assistant would appreciate this house with her minimal salary," the agent smiled as Linc gave her a tight lipped smile.
"Sweetheart can you afford this place?" Linc said snaking his arm around Mel's waist.
"You know this is chump change with the way my company is expanding right now darling," Mel said. "I'm sure the kids would love it out here," she added as the agents jaw dropped in shock before she cleared her throat.
"Walter the papers please," Linc said.
"I had your manager send over the deed for this house in particular. I just wanted my wife to give her approval," Linc said as the agent looked stunned.
"Well enjoy your new home, sir, ma'am," she said handing them the keys.
"Thank you," Linc said pocketing the keys.

"Come on let's get you to bed," Mel said seeing how tired Linc was.
He did not object as she led the way to their room. Mel was still using the crutches after Linc threatened her, well more like made empty threats. She chose to use the crutches just to shut him up.
"Ethan will be here with everyone in a few hours, Walter is already calling them," Mel said.
"Good," Linc murmured pulling her into his arms.

A few hours she woke to an empty bed. Heading downstairs she found Charles and Rebecca nursing cups of tea as Ethan and Cas prep aired supper.
"The baby is hungry," she whispered to Linc making him chuckle whilst producing a plate of sandwiches which she ate heartily.
"Don't tell me your swimmers won the race again?" Ethan said looking at them.
Mel blushed at his terminology as Linc glared at him.
Ethan gave them a wide grin as Mel realized he always discovered such news when they were away. Last time with the twins he discovered she was knocked up when they had to go away for training and this time it was when they were away for recuperation.

"Mom, dad. You are going to have another grandchild to fuss over and spoil soon," Mel said as tears welled up in Rebecca's eyes, a smile gracing Charles face.
"Take care of her son," Charles mouthed as Linc nodded his head. He knew if she were to lose this child all hell would break loose and he was determined to make this pregnancy easy on her, even with the current challenges they were facing.

"Oh my, Cas you such a superb cook. I know Ethan definitely didn't prepare this," Mel said after swallowing her pasta.
"Hey I made that."
"No this is too good. I think you just opened the bag of pasta and let Cas do all the work," Linc added.
"Guys," Ethan whined.
"But the table setting is superb dear," Rebecca teased making Mel giggle.
"I prepared the pasta, tell them Cas," he fumed.
"I have no idea what you are talking about," he said as everyone burst into laughter.
"Come on son, let's go check on my desert. I might give you some credit over that," Charles said as Ethan stood up with a huff.
Returning with slices of chocolate cake dripping in melted chocolate Mel wore a wide smile ready to dive into the deliciousness of warm cake.
"You can have some of mine," Linc murmured. "The only sweet thing I will truly enjoy is you," he whispered into her ear as her breath hitched looking at his teasing smile.
After insisting Ethan took charge of the dishes with Cas as everyone else went to bed.

Waking up the following morning, they found Charles and Rebecca already gone after planning out their action plan the previous night.
Cas was constantly on the phone tracking down the assassin as Mel hacked the company system looking for the mole whilst she Linc studied the Rodriguez money patterns at the same time bankrupting anyone who could potentially aid them.

------

Back in the city

"So you like picking on women? Why don't you pick on someone your own size," Charles said in a cool tone nursing his wine as Enrique turned from his group of friends who quickly left once they saw who was before them.
"Charles," Enrique said wearing a fake smile as Sofia walked over to stand beside her husband.

2 chapters in a day, whew.
Show some love😄☺️

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

57.9K 3.7K 49
This is book 2 of Light at the end of the tunnel. We still continue with our favorite couple. Let's see what's in store for them.
31.2K 1.4K 46
Toni Braxton and Birdman Love Story.
Her Boys [Oneshots] Από Woobert

Γενικό Φαντασίας

35.4K 1K 68
Oneshots (that are not in order) inspired by my Fanfiction work but with original characters. A lawyer who's married to a 'Don' and their new foster...
110K 2.6K 20
*THIS BOOK HAS A SEQUEL* ❤️❤️❤️