She Was Broken Beyond Repair

By Praggya_Sabarwal

[COMPLETED] [Hightest Ranking #3, From 3rd to 6th September 2016] She was an epitome of strength, though afra... More

COPYRIGHT
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWNENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
EPILOUGE
BONUS CHAPTER ONE
BONUS CHAPTER TWO
BONUS CHAPTER THREE
BONUS CHAPTER FOUR
IT'S TIME TO VOTE!!!!
BONUS CHAPTER FIVE
BONUS CHAPTER SIX
BONUS CHAPTER SEVEN
BONUS CHAPTER EIGHT
BONUS CHAPTER NINE
BONUS CHAPTER TEN
BONUS CHAPTER ELEVEN
BONUS CHAPTER TWELVE
BONUS CHAPTER THIRTEEN
QUESTIONS
ANSWERING QUESTIONS
MILESTONE
NEW STORY
NEW STORY

CHAPTER TEN

46.9K 1.3K 72
By Praggya_Sabarwal

Luke Dawson P.O.V

It is 7:30 in the evening right now.

Paisley has left home for almost 10 hours now. I had called her to make sure everything was okay, but I am not convinced. She was trying to sound confident but she rather sounded unsure and nerveous.

I made sure to tire Noah and Ryder so much throughout the day, that do not get a chance to ask Paisley any question about their father, like they asked me this afternoon.

I was pacing in the lobby when my phone rang, taking it out from the pocket of my jeans, I saw it was Ace calling.

"Hey!" I said picking up the call.

"To hell with your hey! What is happening there Luke?" Came his angry voice from the other side.

"What crawled up your a*s and died man? And what do you mean by what is happening here?" I asked my eyebrows creased in confusion.

"I know something is not right, Luke. Paisley texted me a couple of hours ago saying she wanted Redmond's number. I asked her multiple times why did she need it, she just said it concerns the twins and her life. She even made me promise that I won't tell anybody about it, especially you. It's freaking me out dude! Just tell me what the f*ck is going on!" Ace demanded.

"She asked you for his number and asked you not to tell me about it especially!? And you f*cking decide to tell me about it now? Are you  f*cking insane!?" I yelled.

"Damn! I know I am late. But please tell me what is going on." Said Ace.

"This morning Redmond suddenly came at Paisley's doorstep. He knows about Ryder and Noah....." I was saying when Ace cut me off.

"WHAT!?" Ace yelled.

"Calm down! There is more to it. He said that he never filed their divorce papers, inspite of both of them signing it. And the best part is, according to the US laws they are legally divorced but as per the England laws they a still married couple." I said, the words tasting bitter in my mouth.

"Wow! That's some crazy shit. How did she take?" He asked

"Oh! She feels on top of the world, you a*s! Of course she is disturbed and scared. She thinks he will take away the kids from her. She was ready to go and talk to him once, so that she can convince him to file the papers and they can work out a schedule regarding the twins." I responded with worry.

"Don't tell me she met and had a chat with him!" Ace said or more like begged.

"Of course, she would have by now. What time did she text you?" I asked.

"12 pm US time." He replied.

"WHAT? Do you know what the time is right now?" I asked anger lacing my every word.

"Just tell me already!" He demanded impatiently.

"It's 7:30 pm." I mumbled.

"Shit! I am sorry!" He apologised.

"Nothing can be done now." I said grimly.

"I am sorry, Luke. I just couldn't have imagined this would have happened." He said in a defeated tone.

"It's fine, Ace! You didn't know it, it's not your fault." I told him.

"Luke?" He said.

"Yes." I asked.

"When will you confess your true feelings to her? You know with all this going on, we don't want you to be too late. Actually you already are very late! Redmond is a vile man, he can do anything! He can use the kids for his own benefit." He stated the obvious.

"I don't know man! I had come here this time with the idea to confess my love to her. All these years when we had a chat about relashionship and commitment, she always told me she is afraid to be in one and she will never consider it. I wanted to confess but knowing her fears always stopped me, but with what is going on, I don't want to take advantage of her state. And yes, he has already mentioned all four of them being a family. Do you know the reason he gave for not filing the papers was that he did not do it because of guilt and he loves her too much to end everything just like that. I am scared man! I am scared that he'll take Paisley away from me again." I expressed, fear evident in every word I spoke.

"I can understand, brother. Just be strong headed this time! Don't let him play with her heart again. We all know what kind of a bastard he is. This time the kids are also involved! Be her strength. He will surely blackmail her in the name of the boys." Ace said.

"I know. I'll try!" I replied pinching the bridge of my nose and closed my eyes.

"You have to man! You don't have any other option. Now just please relax for sometime and think what you will do next. And don't worry, I won't mention about it to anybody yet. I want Paisley to tell us about it. Okay?" He said.

"Yeah." I agreed.

"I'll talk to you later. Bye." He said.

"Bye." I replied and ended the call.

After ending my call with Ace, I sat on the sofa rubbing my throbbing temples. I cannot believe Paisley lied to me. She would have definitely gone to meet him by now.

I heard the sound of a car stopping I was sure it was Paisley. I paitently waited till she entered.

After a few seconds the front door opened.

I just got up and walked towards her.

"How was your coffee Paisley?" I asked trying not to sound very serious.

"Good. How was your day with the kids?" She asked

"Good. I forgot to ask, how was your meeting with Redmond?" I asked catching her off guard.

Her face immdieately paled. She looked as if she was caught stealing.

"K-Kyle? I d-did not meet h-him. Why would y-you say that?" She stuttered, confirming she was certainly lying.

"Because I know you asked Ace for his number! Do you think I am stupid that I won't get to know about it? Why Paisley? WHY?" I asked her. At this moment I was so furious, I was afraid I would yell at her.

"I just didn't want to involve you in my mess anymore. It my battle to fight, Luke! I have caused you and everybody else enough inconvience. Today, too I just left you with the boys and went away without thinking about you people. I don't want to be selfish, Luke. I owe you alot! You have saved me and the boys from all the evils in the past four years and....." She was explaining when I cut her in between.

"And I will continue to protect you and the kids from all evils, Paisley! Why do think that you are a liability to me? Did my actions ever give off that signal? Tell me, be honest!" I demanded.

She only shook her head slowly.

"Then why? Why do think like that" I demanded for an answer.

"I... uh I.." She said sound in lost for words.

"Excatly! There is no reason. It's just your own irrelevant and irrational thoughts. Please. Please don't think like that." I told her.

"But I want you to settle down, Luke. Till when are you going to come here? You have your own life to live, I want you to be happy! To have a your companion with you, a family with her, Luke. If your mind is here with me and the kids always, it will not be possible. I know what it is to live like without a companion. I don't want you to feel the same, Luke." She said, her voice thick with emotions.

I walked slowly towards her until I was right infornt of her and looked directly into her eyes.

"What if I say I have found her? It's just that it's not the right time for her to know about it." I said holding her by her shoulders looking into her brown orbs.

"Really!? What's her name? Do I know her? I want to meet her please. If that's fine with the both of you, of course." Paisley squealed in excitement, her eyes shining with curiosity.

"Yes. You know her very well! I will tell you everything about her when the time is right." I told her.

"That's great, I am so happy for you! Finally you found your happiness!" She squealed and hugged me tightly.

I just hugged her back, cherishing the moment.

After pulling away I said "Now please get that stupid out of your head."

She smiled and nodded.

"So, where are those two troublemakers?" Paisley asked.

"Ah! They are off to sleep. They played alot today and kept on watching some kind of cartoons. How do manage them, huh? They are like charged batteries!" I said remebering how active those three year old boy's are.

"Haha. Patience my friend, patience. Plus they are just too cute for me to stay angry at them. Their mischief makes my heart bloom with joy. I was a single child and didn't really have a company like siblings do. They are together, so seeing them being naughty is good fun." Paisley said with a laugh.

"I agree! Mel and I also had alot of fun when were kids. Sure, we used to fight alot but we were always together through thick and thin." I told her.

"Umm... Luke I want to talk to you about what happened back at the cafe with Kyle. Can we?" Paisley asked, fidgeting with her hands.

"Of course! I just gonna ask you that. So, what happened? Did he listen to your demands?" I asked folding my arms over my chest going back sitting on the couch.

"I told him that I wanted him to file the divorce papers in London and I would let him see the kids. I said that I was ready to go back to London with the boys till the legal stuff would be done, and then we could work out the schedule regarding the kids ourselves or could request the court to do that for us. But he just outrightly refused to file the papers! He claimed that he loves me and has been looking for me for the past 4 years. He said he would use all his power and connections to make sure we could never get a divorce. He even said that working out a schedule for the kids between two continents would be very difficult, he said I only had another three weeks in the States. I am really unsure, Luke! He is determined not to let me go and for all four of us be a family." Paisley said and tears welled in her eyes, making chest to tighten painfully.

"Paisley, dealing with him requires alot of strength and patience. He will try everything to rile you up and use every trick up his sleeve to pressure you. You just have to be strong. Do what is the best for you and the kids." I told her and put my hand on her's in a comforting manner.

"Hmm. Does Ace know about it? And how do you know I took his number from Ace?" She asked.

"No. You should tell everybody yourself. Isn't it obvious it had to be Ace? Melissa and Nick would never provide you with his number, Erica doesn't have it. So, it only leaves Ace." I lied.

"Oh! I will when I feel confident. I want to cook dinner. What would you like to have?" She asked.

"Your special spaghetti!" I told her with a childish grin.

"Okay. I'll go freshen up and then wake up the kids. I don't want them to dance on my head all night and miss school tomorrow." Paisley said getting off the couch.

"Actually, I called up their school and told them that Noah and Ryder would not attend the school this week." I told her.

"Why?" She asked turning around/

"Now that Kyle is here, he would have all information about you till now. I don't want him to approach the kids and create a scene at their school." I explained.

You must be thinking how was I able to call their school? I am their guardian. So, yes I could do that easily.

"Okay. But today in the morning I was shocked to see the boys comfortable around him. I mean they are never too open with anybody new." She told me.

I only gave her a stern look and nodded.

"I'll go upstairs and freshen up." She said and turned around to go upstairs.

It was around 10 at night when we all were done with dinner and ready to sleep. All of us had a very eventfull day and deserved some sleep.

We retired to our rooms we after wishing each other a goodnight.

...............................

Paisley Redmond P.O.V

After having dinner with my babies and Luke, we all were ready to call it night.

After putting off the boys to sleep I went to bed myself.

Though it was time for me to relax, but sleep just wouldn't take over my conscious state. Even after laying down in my bed I just kept tossing and turning, my mind going through today's events.

Kyle coming back.
He knowing about the twins.
Conversation with my mom.
Meeting Kyle at the cafe.
Then coming home and hearing Luke's admission that he had a girl in his life.

All these things in one day are just too much to handle.

But right now my biggest concern are my kids. I am just so confused and scared, something I haven't been in a long while.

My main motive right now is my children's security and healthy future.
I cannot even imagine what will Kyle do after three weeks. Does he really mean I have to go back to London with him along with the kids forever?

Never, I would never go back with that shameless and pathetic monster!

I decide to call mom and tell her about my meeting with Kyle.

"Hello Paisley?" came mom's concerned voice.

"Hey Mom! I know this is not the right time to call, but I have to tell you something very important." I said biting on my lower lip.

"It's not a bad time, honey. Just tell me what is it." Mom softly instructed.

"Okay. So I went to meet Kyle after leaving your place. Please just listen first and then say something. Yeah, so I went and had a chat with him and kept my demands infront of him and he refused. He is adamant on the fact of not filing the papers and getting me back. He even says that I have another three weeks in US and after that, I'll have to go back with him along with the kids. He still hasn't actually mentioned anything about taking the kids away from me, but I know he can. He claims he loves me, yet I can't accept this fact. I don't know what to do. I am just so confused." I told her raking a hand through my hair.

"Why did you go and meet with, huh, Paisley? You know what he can do, still you took such a big risk. I don't believe that boy even for a second! But on the other hand, I think if he really wants you back so he has to prove himself. Just try whatever you can to protect yourself and Ryder and Noah. If it does not happen then all of us are here with you. You are not alone! There is nothing to be scared about. Just act wisely." Mom said in a soothing voice.

"My biggest concern are the twins mom. I don't want them to be affected by any of this, at the same time I want their father to be a part of their life and I do want them to know what it is like to have a father. My fear is overpowering all my other emotions." I expressed truthfully, tears welling in my eyes again. This man has already caused me to cry several times today!

"So just stop stressing yourself for sometime, darling. Be calm and act mature." Mom said.

"I'll try mom. I'll try. Now you go take rest and have a goodnight." I said.

"Remeber my child that, with will power and positivity, you can overcome all obstacles in life. Be strong. Good night!" Saying this she ended the call.

After having sharing my feelings with mum, I felt a bit light.

I went off to sleep, gathering energy to deal with the events the next morning was going to bring.

.............................

Hello Babies!

Poor Paisley! Just so confused. And Luke:( he wants to be with Paisley but respects her decisions and fears.
Don't know what will happen next;)

I hope you liked this one.

Kindly vote, comment and share.

Until next time:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 402 28
Life was so perfect for her untill she get to know about her dark past......the past that was hidden from her For him his life was nothing but dark...
4.5K 160 36
"You've become so damaged that when someone tries to give you what you deserve, you have no idea how to respond." He says taking a step closer to me...
133K 6.9K 37
"Why don't you understand? I want you to be happy, you fool." **** On the surface, Arpita was a calm, smart, independent woman, living a simple life...
402 47 9
You know what sad about love?its when you happen to know that there's just no hope for you being together yet you still pray to make it work. Its whe...