Adopted || 1D (EDITING)

By SmileForNiallx

((guys this is terrible and in the process of being severely edited so it probably won't make a lot of sense... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Epilogue

Chapter 32

2.8K 77 20
By SmileForNiallx

 I didn’t think it was possible to feel so alone.

I really had no one to talk to. Whoever I explained this to would tell me I’m wrong. They would tell me that I was stupid for not taking peoples advice when it was given to me. The annoying part is that they’d be right.

Right now I wanted Niall back more than I’ve ever wanted anything else before in my life. I didn’t even care if he was my boyfriend or not. I just wanted to be able to talk to him and not have it be weird. I needed a friend like him right now. If only we were still friends.

Part of me wishes none of this ever happened. I wish none of the boys ever had feelings for me so I wouldn’t have to go through this now.

“Leah, Louis said he had to talk to you,” Zayn says, poking his head in my room. That’s when he noticed me sitting on the floor with my back to the wall and tears streaming down my face. “Oh my god…Are you okay?” he asks, coming closer.

“No,” I admit. “Not at all.”

“What happened?”

“I was fucking adopted. That’s what happened. Maybe if I didn’t show up eighteen years late none of this bullshit with Harry and Niall would be happening. Maybe my life would be entirely different and I wouldn’t be sitting here crying because some jerk who everyone told me not to trust just broke my fucking heart,” I vent.

“What did Harry do?”

“He broke up with me. No explanation. Not a single good reason. He just out of nowhere thought it would be best if we weren’t together.”

Zayn looked like he felt bad for me. “Do you want to talk about it?” he asks, sitting next to me.

“I can’t even talk to Niall about it because of whatever’s going on. He even told me this would happen and I didn’t believe him and now I just feel awful,” I explain.

“Well, this is something I really can’t help you with.”

“What should I do?”

“It sounds to me like you miss Niall.”

“I do. I miss him like crazy.”

“Then what do you think you should do?” he asks, raising an eyebrow.

I know exactly what he was getting at. I have to make up with Niall. The only problem with that is there’s no way he’s forgiven me.

I sigh and thank Zayn. He leaves and I lie down on my bed trying to think of a solution to this incredibly massive problem. I think back to when I first came to England. I didn’t want to date any of the guys because I didn’t want there to be any drama within the band because of me. Now it seems that’s all there really is.

Why did I let myself get involved in all of this?

I’m such an idiot.

Ringing from my computer startles me. I guess I forgot to log out of Skype. I walk over and see its Lottie calling me. I sigh and press answer, putting on a happy face for her.

“Hey!” she says when I answer.

“Hey, what’s up?” I ask.

“Nothing much.” A moment passes. “What’s wrong?” she asks.

“Nothing, why?”

“You seem unhappy about something.”

I take a deep breath. That didn’t take long to figure out.

I explain my dilemma to Lottie. When I’m finished she gives me a sad smile.

“What should I do?” I ask, running a hand through my hair.

“I remember a while back I was having some boy troubles as well,” she says, grinning. “And someone told me that if I really cared about the guy, then I shouldn’t let him go. I shouldn’t let him slip through my fingers that easily.”

I smile, remembering what I told my little sister months ago. “I have to go,” I tell her. “But thank you.”

She smiles back. “Anytime, sis.”

I log off and shut my computer before walking down the hall to Niall’s room. I held up my hand, about to knock. I hesitated, biting my lip. What if this doesn’t work?

 I shut my eyes, take a deep breath, and knock on Niall’s door. He opened it with an unreadable face.

“Hey,” I say.

“Hey.”

“Um…can I come in?” I ask. He nods and I follow him into his room.

“What’s up?” he asks. He had no emotion in his voice.

“I wanted to talk to you.”

“About what?”

I play with the bracelet around my wrist, insanely nervous of how this will end.

“I know you still haven’t forgiven me yet,” I say. I was about to keep talking, but he interrupted me.

“That’s what you think? You think I’m still mad about what happened at the party?” he asks. I nod. What else would he be mad about? “You’re forgiven for that. You have been for about a month.”

“Well...that’s great to hear, but why are you still barely speaking to me?”

“Imagine this; you fall in love with someone, but you can’t say anything about it because your best friend also loves that person. Eventually, they find out, but it’s too late. They’re already with your best friend. They’re taken and there’s nothing you can do about it. Somehow, though, they also love you. This is the best thing that can possibly happen to you. You’re ecstatic. Finally, you win them over and you fully believe you’re happily in love. That is until you make one small mistake and they go behind your back with your best friend. You’re heartbroken, trying to heal. Forgive and forget, right? Well, it’s a bit hard to do that when not long after that, they’re together again. Wouldn’t you feel a bit upset if that happened to you? Wouldn’t you feel like the person you loved lied when they said that they loved you back? Wouldn’t you feel betrayed? Because God knows I sure did.”

I stayed quiet. “I’m sorry,” I say, barely above a whisper.

“Sometimes sorry doesn’t fix things.”

I take a deep breath. “I came here to tell you that you were right,” I say. “You were right about Harry.”

“What did he do?”

“He broke up with me. I didn’t even get to know why. He just did. I hope you’re happy. I’m single now. You were right the whole time, so why don’t you just rub it in my face.”

I sit by the window and look outside.

“I wouldn’t do that,” he says softly. “The only reason I told you that was so you wouldn’t get hurt.”

“Well, I did. I got hurt.  I’m sorry I didn’t take your advice. I’m sorry I fucked up everything between you and Harry. I’m sorry I cheated on you. I’m sorry for everything. I know you won’t be able to forgive me for everything, but I wanted you to know I regret all of this. I never should’ve even come to England.”

“Well, I’m glad you did,” he says. I glance up at him. “I realize how fucked up everything is right now. Trust me, I get it. But it’s not all your fault. I’m glad that I met you.”

“You’re crazy if you think meeting me was a good thing especially after all that’s happened,” I mumble.

“Then I suppose I’m insane. If I could go back to when I met you, I wouldn’t change a thing. Yeah, everything would be a lot easier if Harry wasn’t a factor in it all, but you’re an amazing person, and I really hope you find someone who treats you right. Someone who loves you that you actually love back. I know for a fact that’s not the case with me, but-“

“What do you mean by that?” I ask. “What do you mean ‘it’s not the case with you’?”

“I know I love you. You know I love you. But we both know you don’t love me back.”

I roll my eyes. “Are you stupid?” I ask. “Seriously. Niall, if I didn’t fucking love you, I wouldn’t even be sitting here right now talking to you. I wouldn’t give a shit about your emotions. I would probably still be with Harry right now if I didn’t love you.” He looked surprised. “But I do,” I tell him. “I love you. It took me fucking forever to figure it out, but I know I love you more than I ever loved Harry. I made a big mistake and I let you get away from me. That’s probably something I’ll regret for the rest of my life. I was mad and I acted insanely stupid and now I’ve lost you forever.”

“You didn’t lose me,” he says. “I still love you.”

“But why would you after what I did to you? You don’t deserve that. You’re should be treated better than that. I don’t deserve you. You should be with someone loyal, not a slut like me.”

I could feel a tear roll down my cheek. Niall stepped close to me and wrapped me in a hug. I wasn’t expecting it.

“Don’t say that. You’re not a slut,” he says, wiping away my tears with his thumb. Then he does something I definitely wasn’t expecting. He crashed his lips against mine. I felt fireworks. Sparks. Whatever you want to call it. I missed this feeling. “I will always love you, Leah. I don’t know why. It’s really unexplainable, but no matter what you do or who you run to, I will always love you. That’s never going to change.”

I smiled, now crying tears of happiness. “I love you too,” I say. He kisses me again. “I don’t deserve you,” I tell him.

“I’m the lucky one,” he says, smiling at me.

That had to be one of the best moments I’ve ever experienced. It was the moment I realized I’m completely in love with Niall Horan and no matter what, we’ll always somehow find our way back to each other.

It’s true that we’ve been through hell to get to this point, but I’m glad we figured it out. I’ve found my prince charming and he treats me like a princess. I know this time I’m never letting him go.

I wouldn’t have it any other way.

AUTHORS NOTE

HEY GUYS IM BACK :D sorry about that. If youre wondering where I went theres a true story about it on my profile so go check it out if you want. I doubt anyones still reading at this point, but THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER OF ADOPTED D; oh my god I think this story has taken me the longest to write out of all the stories I've ever written. I think this might have been my first fan fic? :P I don't remember. lol when I started this chapter i wasn't expecting it to be the last chapter, but oh well YOLO XD There will be an epilogue. Sorry it took so long XD I LOVE YOU POP TARTS<3 Neah shippers, youre welcome.  Well, don't forget to comment and vote (: I love you<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

174K 5K 32
Zoe Malik has now reached the age of fifteen. She will face happiness, but sadness. She's growing up and no matter what her brothers say she will adv...
93.9K 1.5K 52
Hi my name is Primrose Jane Tomlinson. I’m 17 years old and from Montana. I have light blonde wavy hair, I’m just under five feet, and I have light g...
790 24 9
This is a story of a seven year old girl, who gets adopted by One Direction's Niall Horan. This is a story I'm writing for my sister.
27.8K 460 28
*COMPLETED* **Warning I wrote this in my carrot stages it gets better near the end don't judge** Chloe really wanted...