Awks. ✓

By awalkingwaffle

*** "*Sobs* I'm so happy to have a character that's exactly like me." - @TakenUsernameSoz. "This story is so... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: The Name's Marianne.
Chapter 2: Bitch, I Might Be.
Chapter 3: Why Am I An Awkwardness Magnet?
Chapter 4: Ria It Is.
Chapter 5: You're A Walking Hazard To The Nation!!
Chapter 6: Order Something Or Get The Fuck Out.
Chapter 7: Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.
Chapter 8: Seriously? A Fashion Show?
Chapter 9: Christmas And Cotton Candy.
Chapter 11: I Don't Want To Change A Single Thing About You.
Chapter 12: It Makes You Who You Are. And You're Perfect.
Chapter 13: Average.
Chapter 14: And How Exactly Do You Know Tom?
Chapter 15: Naturally Talented.
Chapter 16: I'm Never Going To Forgive Myself.
Chapter 17: This Plain Jane Got Casted By DH Models.
Chapter 18: Pros And Cons.
Chapter 19: Makeover? Me? As In, Make Me Over?
Chapter 20: Flowers And Marshmallows.
Chapter 21: Chillax.
Chapter 22: Maroon Lagoons.
Chapter 23: We're Just Friends.
Chapter 24: I Don't Know If You've Noticed Yet But I'm Awkward, Okay?
Chapter 25: Edgy, Modern, Youth.
Chapter 26: You Look Like You're Having A Seizure.
Chapter 27: You Plus Tom?
Chapter 28: Fifty Fifth Floor.
Chapter 29: I Thought I'd Never Be Called That Again.
Chapter 30: Chunks Of The Sky.
Chapter 31: What. The. Hell. Are. You. Doing. Here?
Chapter 32: Stop Being So... Naked!
Chapter 33: I FELT YOUR THING!
Author's Note
Author's Note 2.0
Chapter 34: I Got You Off For The Rest Of The Day.
Chapter 35: Swiss Cheese And Dalai Lama.
Chapter 36: The Moon And The Earth.
Chapter 37: Bethany's Letter.
Chapter 38: Roses And Dandelions.
Chapter 39: We're... Judges?
Chapter 40: So, Where's Your Sibling Thomas?
Chapter 41: Ask Him About His Mother.
Chapter 42: All You Have To Do Is Ask.
Chapter 43: Yay, Visitors.
Chapter 44: MAYBE YELLING CAN BE OUR ALWAYS!!
Chapter 45: He Kissed Me.
Chapter 46: I Just Want To Be Called That Again.
Author's Note
Q&A

Chapter 10: So This Is The New Model?

31.6K 1.8K 744
By awalkingwaffle

Don't you just hate it when you'd rather be somewhere else, for example: your bed, but instead, you're at work, so you have to wait until you can be reunited with your love once again but time decides to move slower than a snail? That's pretty much been my case all day.

Hardly any customers came in today. Both Mr Ramirez and Alexander had some sort of family gathering out of town and Claire never showed up either. That left me, Dylan, Bethany and an empty café.

"So, where is he?"

Bethany's voice bounced off of the walls of the empty café to reach me.

"Who?" I asked back, still busy rearranging the contents of the cash register.

"Don't play dumb." She said, getting up from her seat and walking towards the bar. "You know who I'm talking about."

I looked away from the dollar bills I had in my hands to be met with Bethany settling down on a high stool close by. "I honestly don't." I replied. I genuinely had no clue.

"Ugghhhhh!!" She groaned, her hands digging into her hair. "How freaking thick could you get? How did you even graduate, geez?"

Taken aback by her comment, I didn't respond. I knew I was a bit slow at getting things but still, that was mean, even for her.

Dylan, who I almost forgot was even there, sighed. He set down the cups he'd been shining on the bar in front of Bethany. "She's asking about that model friend of yours."

"Who, Thomas?"

"No, Fransisco Lachowski." Bethany scoffed. "Of course I'm talking about Tom God damn it."

"And how would I know?" I asked. "It's not like I keep track of his whereabouts."

"You're close with him, aren't you? You guys went on that coffee date yesterday." She replied, rolling her eyes. "The whole world saw you in that picture he posted."

I closed the cash register and stood up. "It wasn't a date, okay? We just so happened to be snooping around."

With that, I was met with their confused faces and it took all my might not to laugh at them.

"Uh oh. She's grinning to herself again." Dylan stated, taking a few steps back. "This can't be good."

My eyes darted from him to Bethany, the smile not leaving my lips. Without saying a word, I bent down and opened one of the cabinets. I scanned it, looking for all the ingredients I had in mind.

"What are you doing?" I heard Dylan ask. I didn't respond because I was too busy looking for the nutmeg.

"Need any help?" He asked, crouching down beside me. I nodded, handing him the packets of cinnamon and the bottle of vanilla extract. After finally finding the little jar full of nutmeg, I stood up and placed it next to the items I handed to Dylan.

"Dyl, be a doll and start making three caramel frappes, would you?" I asked.

He eyed me for a moment but didn't ask any questions and got to work. Bethany on the other hand was still sat on her stool, finding her fingernails far more interesting than my ongoing experiment.

Dylan handed me the ready made drinks and I poured them into a blender. I added a couple of ice cubes, the vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg before covering it with the lid and turning the device on. I wasn't sure about the measurements but I just winged it and hoped for the best.

I then brought out three little see through plastic cups and squiggled caramel sauce on the bottom of each one. I then poured a generous amount of the mixture into them, topping them off with whipped cream and some more caramel sauce. They sort of resembled the one I had yesterday but I still wasn't sure if it matched taste-wise.

I popped on the lids of the cups and brought three straws from a packet nearby. I handed them both their drinks and took a sip of my own.

To my surprise, it wasn't that bad. It wasn't as amazing as Costa's of course but it was drinkable nonetheless.

"This isn't half bad Marianne." Dylan said. "So I'm guessing you were trying to remake a drink you had."

I nodded, picking up the ingredients I'd used to put them away.

I think we should experiment a bit more, you know? Discover new flavours, expand our menu a bit. Maybe even come up with a signature drink someday. I don't know. The drinks we serve are basic and normal. Normal is boring. Why can't we be adventurous for once? Take some risks? Go all out? Add random things together and hope for the best?

The tiny bell lodged in the door frame rung, indicating to the arrival of an actual customer. I looked away from the land of daydreams, which I think I'm probably the queen, president and clan leader of and looked at the door.

You guessed it. It was no one other than Mr Big Shot himself. He strode across the café, his eyes scarily locked with mine until he stood before me, nothing separating us except for the cash register.

"Are you busy?" He asked.

"Well I am on cash register duty today." I shrugged.

He looked at Dylan, then at Bethany and then at the empty chairs and booths of the café. "I'll take that as a no. I want you to come with me."

Huh?

"To New York."

HUH?

"It won't take long."

***

And that's how I found myself looking out of the window of a black Rolls Royce, on my way to New York.

Somehow, Thomas was able to convince me to go with him. Dylan said he'd cover for me, even though we were having a dead business day. Bethany promised to keep her mouth shut about me leaving early if Thomas followed her back on Instagram, which he did.

Hoe.

Luckily for me, he didn't say much the entire ride. To be fair, I don't think I would have even paid attention if he had, I was too busy staring at the sky. It was a brighter shade of blue today and the fluffy, white clouds were floating up there separately, as if they were being careful of one another.

No one appreciates how amazing the sky is. People hardly ever look up and realise how beautiful the ceiling of our planet really is. They only notice it when it's grey and gloomy, or if the sun's too bright, making them look up in frustration, throwing out a cuss word while they're at it.

The car soon came to a stop and I hadn't noticed that we were actually in the city already. The car parked in front of one of the many tall buildings on the street. The door I was leaning on suddenly opened and caught me off guard.

"Careful there." Thomas said, as he helped me out of the car, after almost causing me to plummet to my death. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating.

"Where are we exactly?" I asked, looking up at the building we were now standing in front of. It was so tall it was as if it was almost disappearing into the sky.

He threw his arm around my shoulder and bent down a bit to be somewhat similar to me in height.

"There's someone on the top floor that wants to meet you." He said, pointing to it. "He's super excited."

"Who is?" I asked curiously.

Who on earth would be excited to meet.... Me?

I didn't get a reply but instead, he gave me one of his signature smirks before he took me by the hand and began to march into the building.

We walked through the spacious ground floor, passing security with ease. Everyone seemed to recognise Thomas and greeted him as we walked by. I mean, who am I kidding? Of course they all knew who he was.

We finally reached the elevator and got in. He pushed the top button, which for some reason had no number on it. But the last numbered button was fifty four, so let's call it the fifty fifth floor, okay? After listening to the agonizing elevator music for what seemed like an eternity, the metal doors opened.

As soon as I stepped out, I noticed the only thing there was to notice; a secretary sitting behind a black, semicircular desk at the end of the corridor.

"Ah, Tom. Just on time. That's what I like about you." The ginger secretary said, not looking away from her computer.

"Now now, Juliette," he chuckled, "there must be more things you like about me other than that. I have many likeable traits."

She looked away from the screen and glared up at him through her glasses. "No, no there's not."

A laugh I never let escape sort of did. Like, it wasn't an actual laugh, it was more like a sound made by my throat, a snort or something but it would still be classified as a sound made by someone who was amused. So I guess I laughed.

"I didn't see you there." She said, adjusting her seat. "So this is the new model?"

"What?"

----------

A/N:

I haven't updated in AGES I'm so sorry. I've been super busy with absolutely nothing, I'm just lazy af.

I also want to apologise for this shitty filler of a chapter. The thing is, I'm at point A in this story and I already have point B planned out, I'm just having trouble finding may way from here to there, please don't hate me xD

I also have a slightly weird obsession with the sky and I thought I should add that in this story, which I did ;)

Dedicated to iSonder HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW FRANSISCO?! 😂😂

Feel free to comment, vote, follow, whatever :')

----------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 8.4K 55
Five Star Reviews for Atlantis Academy: "Omg this book was amazing I couldn't put it down or stop reading. I carried it with me open on my phone whil...
33.8K 571 64
I drew this! ^ with one of those crappy 6 in 1 multicolor pens. Dream x reader (SHE/HER PRONOUNS!!) Y/n finds herself in a interesting situation. She...
1.6M 62.2K 45
"Not the typical cliche teen fiction" "You're hooked from the get go. Pretty much similar to when you can't stop eating till the last slice of pizza...