Broadcasting with Chappy an'...

By dcostavidal

Campbell Bain begins his new job at BBC radio Scotland. But what happens when his closeness to his colleague... More

Chapter 1
Cast members
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 15

126 3 0
By dcostavidal

"Here's me, Campbell Bain wishin y'all a crazy New Year! Don't get too hammered an' end up fightin with yer spouses! " the peppy radio jockey advises. "An' stop by to try our new choco-mint frosted cupcakes at Chapper's Delights! " an excited Chappy reminds. "Chappy, I said no advertisin!" Campbell scolds. "I know! I just like annoying you an' promoting my bakery at the same time, bro!" she teases.
Later that day, Campbell & Pearl drop in at Chapper's Delights for a  sweet treat. The place is packed, but Andrew leads em to an empty space in a corner of the shop that's brightened up by Mr. Hooper's caricatures on the wall. They wave at Chappy who's helping Mrs. Bain to frost a few cupcakes. They spot Mr. Bain reading a newspaper with a cuppa by his side. "Fergus! How's that coffeemaker comin along? " Chappy enquires, as Fergus fidgets with the coffeemaker, trying to fix it. "I'm on it!" the recently-released former patient & current mechanic replies, flashing her a thumbs up. "He's a boon,isn't he? Thanks to Pearl for recommending im! " Chappy exclaims, heaving a sigh of relief. "Who d'you think told her about his fantastic fixing skills? " Eddie boasts, sipping his coffee, before demanding a refill.
"Here's your tutti-frutti cupcake, Campbell. An' your vanilla cupcake, Pearl." Andrew announces, as he sets down their plates. "Hey, Pearl? " Campbell whispers, as she bites into her vanilla cupcake. "Mmhmm.." she nods, looking up at him with frosting on her nose. "Try not to eat the ring, kay? " he advises with a toothy grin, watching as her eyes widen. "You mean....? " she begins, before prodding the cupcake & finally retrieving the ring! "So, will ya?" he asks,anxiously. "Yuh-huh! " she replies cheerfully, before wiping off the frosting & pulling him in for a kiss! Suddenly, Let's get married by The Proclaimers wafts into the room, taking the happy couple by surprise! "Told ya the jukebox was a good idea, love! " Andrew whispers into a smiling Chappy's ear.

  Stay tuned for part 3 an' 
keep yer precious votes coming!B-)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
43.5M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
28.7M 913K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...