Chapter 7

The next day, Pearl's woken up by an early morning phone call. "Hello? Who's this? " she asks. "Hey, Campbell's girlfriend whose name I do not remember! Is Campbell there? " Chappy asks in her perky manner. "It's Pearl. An' yea, he's here. Why're you callin at 5 in the mornin? " Pearl enquires,suspiciously. "That's between me & my co-host, Pearl." she replies. "Campbell, it's for you." Pearl wakes him up, before handing him the phone & rolling back to sleep, glad that the phone call wasn't for her! "Ello, you! What's new?! " Campbell asks chirpily, glad to hear his new friend's voice. "Keep it down! " his drowsy girlfriend mutters, tossing a pillow at him! "Some new albums arrived this morning. Thought you might wanna check em out, Campbell! " she replies, excitedly. "Say no more!" he interrupts,jumping outta bed. "Where're you goin? " Pearl mumbles, as Campbell hurries out the door springingly. "Somethin came up! " he replies teasingly, bounding out into the hallway, leaving behind a snoring Pearl.
He screeches to a halt outside the large window of the recording studio, on spotting Chappy patiently waiting for him. She waves an unopened album at him from inside. "Cool beans!" he exclaims from outside, on seeing that it's The Proclaimers' latest album, Hit the highway.
"I know, right? " she mouths from inside the studio, on reading his lips & noticing his reaction. She motions to him to enter & he bounds in, greeting her with a loud 'Ello!. She matches his excitement by greeting him with an even louder & chirpy Good Morning! They spend a few hours brooding over their precious new albums, comparing the new singers with the veteran ones & proclaiming their common love for The Proclaimers, before beginning their show- Broadcasting with Chappy an' Campbell.