Chapter 3

"Could you folks 'scuse me? Think I spot a whiff o' red hair! " she mumbles an excuse, before skipping out the door. "What'd she mean by that? " Pearl asks curiously, confused by Chappy's sudden departure. "Dunno." Campbell replies with a shrug, before turning his attention back towards the splendid vinyl collection. "She's a bit quirky, isn't she? " Pearl asks, watching as Chappy disappears outta the door. "I dunno. We all have our quirks! " Campbell mutters, without turning away from the shelf.
"Gotcha! So....whatcha doin?! " Chappy asks sweetly, surprising Andrew Hooper, the janitor. "Uh....just...Uh, janitorial stuff! " the young, lanky, red-haired boy replies, nervously. "I thought I caught you looking at me with lovey-dovey eyes from the doorway, you snoop! " she teases. "I swear I wasn't! I, uh...gotta go. See ya! " he lies, trying to hurry away. "Relax! I'm just joshin! " she laughs, pulling him back by his collar. "I just wanted to talk to you about somethin. The lightbulb in the recording studio keeps flickerin an' distractin me while I'm doin my show. Think you can change it? " she asks. "Sure. I'll, uh...drop by later,Chappy." he replies, with a smile. "Ok. Thanks, Andrew." she thanks him, as he hurries away. "Cheerio! " he yells, without giving it a second thought!
"Cheerio? What were you thinking? Who says Cheerio anymore?! " he mutters, blaming himself, as soon as he turns a corner & is outta her sight. "Probably sounded like a complete dork in front o' her! " he mutters to himself, before continuing to mop the hallway.