Stumbling into A Vampire (Com...

By WritingMyPassion

I, Shannon Maylon, had THE picture perfect life. I was popular, captain of the dance team, dating the quarter... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue

Chapter 26

7.3K 164 4
By WritingMyPassion

Present Day

Shannon’s POV

5 days after conception

It was a day after Damon had told me his story. I spent most of yesterday trying to find a way to confront them about their issues. If there was one thing I wanted accomplished before I died in two days it was for Damon ad Cole to be close again. I wanted that for them.

With me gone they would need to be there for each other and the baby. I would not give up until I breathed my last breath.

I was constantly tired now. I hardly kept track of days. All I did was watch Cole. The more with drawn he became I knew another day passed. The more blood they offered, I knew another day passed. The more panicked they became, I knew another day had pasted. Days and nights were really just mixing together now.

I slid out of bed and walked downstairs.

Cole was suddenly in front of me. I leaned back on the banister shocked.

“You shouldn’t be walking down the stairs alone. You could fall,” He warned.

I grabbed his hand rolling my eyes and walked forward to the living room.

“Damon,” I called through the house.

“Shannon, what are you up to?” Cole asked as he sat beside me.

“What do you need, Shannon?” Damon asked sitting in front of me on the coffee table. He didn’t even spare his brother a glance. I sighed annoyed.

“If she needed anything she would have asked me,” Cole growled.

“Maybe she realized I can take care of her better,” Damon growled.

“You  have got to back off, Damon,” Cole growled standing.

“You’re the one who got her in this position,” Damon accused also standing, “I am just trying to help her through it.”

“Guys, please stop,” I begged.

“Help her through what? Her death. Yeah, because you have great experience with death, don’t you Damon?” Cole teased ignoring me.

“Stop it!” I complained.

“You would never understand the pain I have been through, you jackass,” Damon growled shoving Cole.

“Stop it!” I shouted.

“That was too far brother,” Cole growled.

I went down to a pathetic level and put a hand over my stomach and moaned keeling over onto the couch.

That finally got their attention.

“Shannon,” Cole was instantly kneeling beside me.

“Do you need blood?” Damon instantly asked.

I sat up with a smile, “Now that I got your attention . . .”

“Damn it, Shannon,” Cole growled.

“Cole, why don’t you call me Angel anymore?” I got slightly side-tracked.

“I, umm,” Cole was taken by surprise by the question, “I didn’t think you liked it? Damon, told me . . .”

“Why did I tell you about thinking for me? I don’t like it when you assume, Cole. I liked it when you called me Angel,” I frowned.

“Okay, Angel. That’s good,” He smiled sitting down next to me, “I like calling you Angel.”

I smiled brightly at him.

“Why did you have to so urgently get our attention, Shannon?” Damon said annoyed.

“I wanted to talk to you guys about you’re arguing,” I sighed.

“Is that why you asked about my story?” Damon stood up straight.

“She asked you too?” Cole responded.

“Yes, I asked both of you because I wanted the background story . . . so I could help,” I said innocently.

“You can’t help, Angel,” Cole stood up and crossed his arms.

“Whatever friendship we used to have is long lost,” Damon glared at his brother.

“Ha! You now have both admitted that there was a friendship between you two. I just want it back. I want you guys to be happy,” I pouted.

“No, Shannon,” Damon shook his head, “It can’t happen.”

“Look, all you need is a third party. Someone to say you both are in the wrong. I will happily be that person,” I shrugged.

“Both in the wrong?” The both growled.

“Great job, Shannon,” Damon snapped, “You got us to agree on something.”

“You’re wrong,” Cole shook his head.

“No I am not,” I stood up quickly and then slight wobbled and Cole caught me.

“Careful, Angel,” He mumbled.

“If I get hurt it’s not my fault. It’s your guys’ fault for making me angry,” I pouted crossing my arms and resting them on top of my stomach.

“Shannon,” Damon rolled his eyes.

“Listen to me, you idiots,” I growled.

They both looked at me shocked.

“Just because this is a vampiric pregnancy does not mean I don’t have the same hormones as a human pregnancy. I am insanely moody, swore, tired and fat and to that I will die in two days! Now you will sit down, shut the hell up and listen to what I have to say!” I snapped at them.

They both back up and sat down on the couch more than just a little shocked.

“There,” I sighed, “Now like I was saying. You are both wrong!” I pointed at Damon when he dared to open his mouth, “Say one thing against it and you won’t speak again,” I snapped.

He shut his mouth and sat back.

“Okay,” I sighed, “Cole, yes you should have sent Sarah home,” He opened his mouth, “but,” I cut him off, “you had no way of knowing that the hunters would be there. You and Damon were in just as much danger as she was. So you were wrong there, but not really.”

“Thank you,” Damon smirked at his brother teasingly.

“Stop acting like a 5 year old for . . . oh maybe two seconds and I won’t rip your head off, Damon,” I growled.

“Sorry,” He mumbled.

“Now, Damon you were wrong for killing Coles date or whatever. Not going to say that I didn’t like you doing it because I am the insanely jealous type and I don’t care that it was over 50 years ago,” I sighed.

Cole smirked at me and Damon glared. I moved on.

“I understand that you were upset, Damon. If my brother died . . . I would look for the easiest person to blame too, but you have to learn to control that . . . do you understand?” I raised an eyebrow at him.

“I needed to make him feel pain,” Damon growled.

“You think he didn’t hurt when Sarah died?” I snapped, “She was his sister too! Why is that not sinking into your thick scull,” I poked his forehead a few times. “Cole sure you are made about Damon killing that girl, but let’s be honest. You were going to drink from her than dump her,” I raised an eyebrow at him.

He opened his mouth and then shrugged and sat back.

“That’s what I thought,” I rolled my eyes, “So are we happy now? You guys were both wrong, but it doesn’t matter anymore because it’s over! It happened 80 years ago. Yes, she was your sister, but you guys seemed to have moved on. So why can’t you let this stupid feud just end?” I pouted the end part.

They looked at each other questioningly. I could tell that they were reading each other. Neither one wanted to give in. It was obvious.

“Why?” Cole turned away from Damon first.

“What?” I said shocked.

“Why do you want this feud over, Shannon?” Damon asked.

“I . . . well,” If I said the truth would they think I was just playing the death card again?

“Just say it,” Damon pushed.

“Whether we like it or not, you guys. I won’t be here in a few days,” I sighed.

Cole instantly deflated into the empty shell he usually was if he wasn’t panicked or fighting with his brother. I knew bringing this up hurt him, but I needed to get this out.

“I know I am the one that brought you two together again. Now, when I am no longer here . . . You guys will need to be there for each other,” My hand moved subconsciously to my stomach, “For the baby. If you abandon each other,” I sighed and looked down. “I would feel like I failed at the one thing I was meant to do,” I mumbled.

“Angel, you could never fail at anything you do,” Cole stood.

“Then why don’t you guys just make-up,” I looked up at him.

“You have brought up good points,” Damon stood, and looked at Cole and then me, “I’ll consider it.”

“So will I . . . for you. Anything for you, Angel,” He smiled when I smiled.

I attempted to wrap my arms around him, but only managed to get my hands on his waist.

He rubbed my back.

“You should get some blood and get some sleep,” Damon suggested.

I pulled away from Cole, “Do I defiantly have two more days?”I asked curiously.

“Well, in the prophecy it can happen anywhere from now to three days from now. So at a max you have three days,” Cole said miserably.

“Hope for the best,” I smiled weakly and then stepped away towards the stairs.

“Let me take you,” Cole sighed and swept me into his arms and walked up stairs.

He laid me in bed and instantly brought his lips to mine kissing me passionately.

I kissed him back as much as my energy would allow, but as always recently I pulled away too soon, too short of breath.

He sighed and put his wrist to his mouth and bit and then put it to my mouth.

I drank from him looking up into his bright blue eyes that had grown so shallow over the last week. I used to love his eyes, they were still a beautiful color, but the best part – the depth – was gone. I hated that I was the cause of it.

I pulled away from his wrist and licked my lips.

He whipped his wrist on his shirt and it was already healed.

“Angel, I love you,” He sighed.

“I know, Cole. I love you two,” I sighed.

We looked up into each other’s eyes. We were both so sad.

“This is wrong. We should be happy when we say that,” I sighed.

“I can’t be happy when I feel like it is a good-bye,” He closed his eyes.

“Then promise me something,” I placed my hand on the side of his face.

He opened his eyes and looked into mine.

“Don’t say good-bye, until I say it with my last breath,” I smiled.

“Of course, Angel,” He kissed me gently and laid me back, “Now go to sleep.”

“Good night,” I mumbled.

“Night, Angel,” He kissed my forehead and then I was out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

143K 5.7K 51
HIGHEST RANKING-1st in wedding! {23/05/18} & 1st in Laugh! {11/08/18} 13th in Romance! {03/12/18} Sequel to Mr Hulk's Jelly Bunny->Can be read as a...
20.3K 592 31
*******COMPLETE******* "Wow, you really are a little monster, aren't you?" His deep voice tilted the words into a thick Southern accent. A famili...
790K 17.3K 58
Clair has been moving since her whole life. Her Mother is a really talented and well known surgeon. So whenever a better paid offer got her way, she...
402K 12.6K 64
What happens when a French high school student gets into some "mischief" with a couple of beautiful vampires? Tatum and Bailey Fernsby have just star...