Don't mess with her

By jessieslullaby

Emily's life is average. Typical nerdy girl who had a handful of friends. That due to not two, nor three, but... More

Chapter 1: Hart Breakers
Chapter 2: Edible Asses
Chapter 3: Banging Cover-ups
Chapter 4: Cliché must be his middle name
Chapter 5: Nerds can also show badassness
Chapter 6: Caught with the bipolar
Chapter 7: The wonders of superglue and bedside lotion
Chapter 8: The fluffernutter fiasco
Chapter 9: Emily's eighteenth birthday part 1
Chapter 10: Emily's 18th birthday part 2
Chapter 11: Emily's eighteenth birthday part 3
Chapter 12: Bonding
Chapter 13: From confessions to crashing quinceañeros
Chapter 14: Embracing the inner bitch
Chapter 15: Friends and their wet beds
Chapter 16: What if I was peeing?!
Chapter 17: My homies still...act like asses
Chapter 18: Between pickup lines, bonfires and street fighters
Chapter 19: A fish had nothing on me now
Chapter 20: A pro in getting the boys to sweat and curse...a lot
Chapter 21: The bad boy and his beauty sleep
Chapter 22: You in?
Chapter 23: Wrestling to safe haven
Chapter 24: Sleeping with the bad boy
Chapter 26: Fights and Lies
Chapter 27: ...include me in the foreplay next time!
Chapter 28: The Proposal

Chapter 25: When all hell broke loose

230K 8.6K 1.9K
By jessieslullaby

Darkness...was surrounding me...I felt like I was drifting slowly. My body felt numb. Darkness such an awful word yet so peaceful.

Emily

What a beautiful voice...

Emily

Sounds almost like...

Emily!

Drake? Suddenly I realized that the voice that began to sound like a lullaby was now in full-blown-panic. My body felt like it was sucked backwards and collided with something hard.

The pain...was unbearable. My ears started ringing almost leaving me deaf. That was nothing compared to the throbbing pain coming from my forehead. I tried to raise my hand to touch it but felt a surge of panic when I couldn't.

I tried to open my eyes but the same darkness was withholding me from doing so. I tried to scream but my throat felt like it was shut and no noise came out.

Emily...please...

The pleading in his tone was heartbreaking. That's when I gathered all the strength that I had and tried to open my eyes. It was all a blur and the air was filled with white particles, like when you go crazy and throw baby powder everywhere.

A dark figure was looming over me and when my eyes focused I noticed Drake.

He had a cut on his forehead and was bleeding lightly but it didn't look like something major. I took my surroundings and remembered that we were in Drake's car. My head was resting on the dashboard and the faint sound of a siren brought it all back to me. We were at the beach and while driving back to Tori's we got into a car crash.

"Thank God!" Drake breathed out. His whole demeanor changed from death-worried to extreme-guilt. "I'm so sorry, please, please stay with me..." His pain was reflected on his face like a mirror. I wanted to tell him that it was not his fault and hug him to erase the pain. I couldn't hold it anymore and a tear escaped my eye. I still couldn't talk but I managed to nod slightly in order to give him an answer, hoping that it would ease his pain or comfort him in some way.

The sirens where now so close that I felt like my head would literary crack from the pressure it was forcing.

"Drake..." I tried to speak but it came all crooked. I tried to close my eyes trying to regain any possible strength left in my body, but I felt like the darkness was claiming my conscience again.

"No, no, no! Emily please, stay with me!" Drake's shouting would've felt like someone was hammering the insides of my brains seconds ago, but now it was like his voice was so far away I barely could make anything else he was saying.

Suddenly, my mind went numb and the darkness overtook me again.

~~~~~~

Drake's POV

"No!" This cannot be happening! "Emily!!" I tried to shake her awake but felt someone pulled one of my arms.

"Sir, you need to step away. We need to check you." Check me?! She's the one drifting off!

"Check her!! Forget about me and check her!!" I tried to pulled away and shove the motherf*cker but he wouldn't budge. Then it was someone else helping him to pull me away.

"Sir you need to calm down. There are people helping her. But we need to know her name and yours." I reluctantly got out of the car but kept a watch on her.

"Emily Hart, Drake Hunter. Is she going to be okay?" I watched desperately as the paramedics placed her on the gurney and strapped her while someone placed a mask of oxygen on her face.

"They are working on stabilizing her, we won't know until we get to the hospital." A paramedic said while trying to clean my wounds. I couldn't care less about me; I needed to see her, to know she's going to be alright. The impact was on the back but it was more at her side.

I ignored the paramedic who was assisting me and began to walk towards the ambulance were she was being placed. I hopped on the ambulance and we were off.

Please, please don't die on me, please. That's all I could think about. Watching her, lying there unconscious and pale made me so nervous I wanted to throw up. F*ck! I felt something warm run down my face and I wiped it thinking it was blood but when I saw it, it was clear. Am I crying? I've never cried before, not that I remember of. Not even when my parents broke up, not when my father left, or when I saw my brother resembling a pile of sh*t due to drugs...but her. I can't stand the thought of losing her. I won't accept it.

After what felt like an eternity, we finally arrived to the hospital. When they took her behind doors marked as personnel only, one of the nurses stopped me and told me to go to the waiting room. I gritted my teeth in rage but did as she says. I didn't want to get kicked out without knowing what's going to happen to her. That's when I noticed that my phone was vibrating in my pocket. I took it out and saw an unknown number.

"Hello?"

"Drake!" I heard a female voice at the other end of the line. "Thank God! Where's Emily? Why isn't she picking up her phone? Her brothers are looking for her! They found out she's not here!"

"Tori...we had an accident" I stopped when I heard her gasp.

"Are you guys ok? Is Emily okay?!" She began to ask frantically.

"I don't know yet. We are on our way to the hospital." I've never felt so helpless in my life. Watching her lying there, lifeless was the most horrifying thing I've ever seen.

I can't lose her.

F*ck! I grasped my phone so hard I heard it crack. "Oh my God, Oh my God, Oh my God! I'm on my way." With that she hung up.

God please...save her...

~~~~~

I was pacing back and forth on the waiting room since they didn't let me get in when I heard a commotion at the entrance. That's when I saw four guys bursting through the door. They all had the same look on their face, and I knew that face quite well, a face full of dread, concern and helplessness.

Then, what I assume is the oldest spoke to the nurse at the reception. "Emily Hart?"

"She was just admitted, sir. We still haven't got any news." Nothing I haven't heard before, since I asked her the same thing a couple of minutes ago.

"You!" I heard one of them yell and turned to look at him. "You are the guy she was with right?" His face changed to pure anger. The other three showed their confusion and shifted their look between me and him. "She wasn't at Tori's. She was with him!" He raised his voice trying to make them understand.

I straighten up and faced them. I knew this was going to happen sooner or later, but I didn't expect it to be like this.

"Brody, how the hell do you know that?" The tallest one asked.

"Because I saw him leaving our house when I got home some time ago." He hissed getting angrier by the second.

"You saw that and you didn't say anything?!" Another one asked matching his anger.

"Now is not the time to be arguing about that." What I still assume is the eldest said calmly but there was a dangerous tone in his voice. "Is that true? Was Emily with you?" He directed both questions at me.

"Yes" I answered quickly but not lowering my defenses. I watched them cautiously trying to figure out how the hell I would manage to take four guys at the same time. And f*ck me, they look like they all could take me separately. I still would to it...for her. "I'm Drake. Emily's boyfriend."

I swear I heard something snap and all their faces resembled the one the first one have.

"What the f*ck do you mean her boyfriend?!" The tallest one asked.

"Just what you heard."

One of them let out a humorless laugh. "No you aren't."

"And who the f*ck do you think you are telling me I can't be?"I know it's not the best thing to say in this situation but the pr*ck was getting on my nerves.

"Her f*cking brother, assh*le! And I would watch my language if I were you, you don't know what the f*ck I could do!" He got close to my face but one of them was trying to pull him back.

"Jake! Calm the f*ck down!"

"Listen" The eldest walked up to me. "I don't want you near her, f*ck, I don't even want you breathing the same air as her. I won't allow her to get hurt. She has been through enough! It won't happen again." His tone showed finality in it, but I was not having any sh*t now. I'm not going to abandon her just because these assh*les say so.

"No, you listen to me! I know she has been hurt over and over again, but I won't let her face all that sh*t alone! So you better get use to me motherf*cker 'cause I ain't going nowhere." I growled at the last part. The anger that I was trying to suppress was now coming like flashes of lightning.

"F*ck this!"

Was the last thing I heard before all hell broke loose.

_________________________________________________________

Dedicated to my awesome friend she_y_na on her birthday, Happy Birthday! I know this is not the part you are expecting but at least is something! ;p

P.S. Tori's wacky personality comes from her :) Yeah, she's crazy like that.

Kim <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

573K 17.8K 37
Andy Clark is the new girl, not only did she fly across the world from American to Britain to attend university but she also did it alone. Moving in...
3.6M 76.8K 73
"What's your problem?!" "I am jealous, okay?! I don't admit it but I hate it when you talk about someone else. I only want you for me" Sebastian sa...
123K 5.5K 46
I wrote this to focus on the crazy difference between the standards of a male versus the standards of a female. Alice cheated on her boyfriend who n...
395K 27.4K 33
What happens when you grow up wearing clothes that are too small or way too big, or wear hand me down clothes passed on from family, get teased by yo...