Fable Fanfiction - The Affair...

By SpottedFaun

After many years of being alive, several hundred in fact, Reaver finds himself at a stand still of life in wh... More

Chapter 1 - The Meeting
Chapter 2 - The Party
Chapter 3 - Aurora
Chapter 4 - The Sudden Movement
Chapter 5 - The Other Party
Chapter 6 - The Shadow Court
Chapter 7 - The Sharpest Shooter
Chapter 8 - The Pirate's Armada
Chapter 9 - The Guest of honour
Chapter 10 - Bloodstone
Chapter 11 - The Beating
Chapter 12 - The Attack
Chapter 13 - The Jealous Type
Chapter 14 - The Faked Plunder
Chapter 15 - The Shocking Confession
Chapter 17 - The Duo Of Recklessness
Chapter 18 - The Crossroads Of Fate
Chapter 19 - The Final Feeling
Chapter 20 - I pity you (FINAL)

Chapter 16 - Reaver's Point Of View

331 8 3
By SpottedFaun

I quickly got up from where I sat and I made my way towards the door to see that Reaver was not there, which made me think that he must understand the direness of the situation. He must've really ran, still a funny sight to me. I got out of the cabin and I made my way towards the edge of the ship, where the plank was already broken, and I jumped from the ship to the dock as I remembered what Emily said to me a while ago.

"Take your heels off, they might get caught and they'll be harder to run in. Leave your apron behind, it'll get caught and keep your hair up okay?"

I recalled what she had said, and I followed her instructions, kicking off my heels to the side, taking off my apron and making sure my hair was secure before I made my way around the corner on the dock to see...no-one was actually there. I crept for a moment, unsure if an attack was looming, but as I walked on the creaking planks of the dock, no-one came out to me. It was as if everyone just disappeared.

"Reaver?" I called out into the empty dock as my voice echoed around the wooden, empty structure. I went to walk a bit more, until I was suddenly gripped from behind me, and I began to struggle as the sound of low, ghostly laughter surrounded me.

"It's that maid girl from before! She isn't dead!" I heard from the familiar voice from one of the ghost pirates from the ship before. I couldn't even think, I just wanted to know where everyone was.

"Let me go!" I yelled out to them as I was being held, even although I knew I had no chance of getting free from their grasp just as a ghostly, green like smog began to come to me. I was almost sure that this smog would kill me, and I screamed as it stopped just by me and slowly became a person.

So, the legends were true.

Captain Dredd.

The pirate king, the king of the ocean, stood in front of me and glowing in a deep green colour as pirates also glowing green surrounding me from left to right as one held me from behind.

"Where is the rest?" I yelled at the pirate king as he gave me a hearty laugh, seemingly amused by my struggles.

"The rest? My, they're all dead, lass!" He said to me as the rest of the pirates chuckled and laughed, just as one came right up to my face, throwing a piece of fabric my way. It took me a minute, but then I realised what he'd thrown to me...Reaver's cravat.

"You must be joking..." I muttered to myself as the pirate who held me dropped me as if expecting me to feel utter fatigue when I saw his cravat and I fell to my knees, my heart racing.

Was I honestly the only one left?

"Take her to the ship!" Captain Dredd yelled out to his men as I was picked back up and was beginning to be dragged back to the ship, accepting my fate of being the only one left and being most likely lead to my death.

Then, a voice.

"Your majesty?!" I heard being yelled out from afar off the dock, and I spun my head to see Reaver, who looked a little battered, off in the distance.

They lied, he's alive!

Immediately, my liking for life suddenly coming back to me, I began to struggle hard as he made his way over to me quickly as could be...just as green smog approached him from behind, turning into a ghostly person just behind him. I would've called out, but...it was too late. Before I could speak out to him to warn him, or to even manage to scream, a ghostly sword was jammed through his back and out the front of his chest. He stumbled for a moment, his eyes opened wide and wild, and he fell over onto his face harshly, a crack sounding as he obviously broke it. I began to scream his name over and over, but he didn't move, he just...lay there. It didn't even look like he was breathing.

"Now take her to the ship!" Captain Dredd called out again in a disgruntled tone as I kept struggling and screaming. I was dragged towards that same ghostly ship from before, the one I had out the act on in front of. I was about to be dragged on, just as I heard the noise of water splashing. I turned my head to see Emily, pulling herself up onto the dock from underneath, covered in water.

They were hiding all along.

She got up properly and got down beside Reaver, obviously hearing everything that went on. She noticed me, but she was also trying to keep quiet at the same time, moving slowly to him as she kept her eyes on me. As she reached him, she placed a hand on his back and then raised her palm to me and...there was no blood. Thank God.

I gave her a quick nod, as if to say 'Thank you' or 'Look after him' just as I was dragged away as she stayed by his body.

As I was pulled on, I was immediately dragged below deck and into what seemed to be a makeshift prison and I was immediately thrown in and locked up by the ghostly figures. It was dark, damp and it smelled like blood. Yet not old blood, it smelled like fresh blood had just been spilt and had dried into the ship.

--

REAVER'S POV

"Ugh, by Avo." I groaned to myself as I lay on the ground, the feeling of utter disorientation fazing me quite rapidly. I opened my eyes slowly as they stung quite horrifically, trying to let my vision adjust as a ripping pain in my chest was apparent. As my eyes finally decided to give me my vision back, I realized there was someone leaning over me. I expected it to be the Queen, but as I glanced closer, I realized that it was that girl from before. Yes, Emily.

"Master Reaver?" She asked me in a quiet voice as I went to sit up slowly, putting my head into my hands.

"Tell me, my dear girl. Why am I lying on these blasted docks?" I asked her, hoping for a rather honest answer as I wished to know my situation as soon as I could, so I may jump back into action if I may.

"You were seemingly attacked by one of those spirits. The...maid girl was taken away." She sounded as if she knew I'd become disgruntled. I thought for a moment why that girl hadn't referred to her as 'her majesty' as they were incredibly close it seemed, and yet as 'maid girl'. It seems that the queen has indeed kept to our little deal like the honest girl she is. I shouldn't have ever doubted her.

"Damn." I said to myself in a low tone as I scanned the docks, it seemingly empty of everyone. My head hurt as I tried to remember the events which had happened before and I must say my thoughts were more than fuzzy, they were trampled. Maybe this girl knows something.

"Now tell me, uh Emily or whatever your name is, what happened to everyone else that I own?" I asked the girl as she shuffled a little as if very unsettled. Perhaps I never have addressed her so personally. My, am I that much of a stand-off?

"Well, everyone ran off at the first glance of the pirates. I don't think they've experienced it before." She said to me, and it made me think.

"And you did not run off, my lady?" I asked her as I made my way up to my feet to feel my neck was cold, something a bit off. I noticed my cravat was gone, drat.

"I jumped under the pier just in-case, I didn't want to leave since I knew that, well, your maid wasn't out yet I wanted to wait for her since she's my friend. Yet, then she was pulled away and now here we are."

I can't stand her saying 'maid' all the time. Does that bloody Queen even have a name? Are her parents so insolent that they forgot to name their child. It was likely her mother's fault, yes, dear Sparrow. She was a bit of a ruffian in her day, a bit of a minx like her troublesome daughter, although she never spoke much to be fair. But in the bedroom her words charmed me. Wait, what am I even thinking about? By Avo, I do go off the trails sometimes don't I? Hm, makes me think, from all the times I bedded her mother perhaps I am her father. My! Imagine the scandal that would cause.

"You jumped into those murky waters to wait for a friend? Oh my dear girl, if I were you I would've ran off and seeked refuge in a near bar to drink away the thoughts of their imminent doom." I said to her as she stood up also, giving me a bit of an odd look as if to say 'Be quiet'. My, what a rude girl.

"Master, there isn't much time to wait, we must make our leave." She said in a very dire way, making me sigh and leaning off to the side, missing my seemingly departed cane.

"Oh my girl in those industrial clothes you must be joking! If anyone sees my next to you in that they'll think I've gone mad." What I had said was truthful. Me being seen with a servant girl in my own industry's clothing? My, what tosh.

"Then what else must I do. Wait, I know, give me your jacket." That girl Emily sounded assertive, and in curiosity, I decided for some reason to comply, and I took off my red jacket and I handed it to her. She quickly slipped off her shirt, but I had no liking for her body and she put the jacket on, securing it up to the neck as she still wore the black trousers and her black boots. I didn't want to admit it, but it actually looked just like a real pirate would dress. Yes, she'd fit in fine.

"My what a combination. Perhaps after all of this you can be my seamstress?" I asked her kindly, and she nodded her head as if adapt to the idea. I didn't want to lie to her, but she'll be dead by the end of this like everyone else. Ghost pirates are no joke.

"Alright my dear, we'll leave. Yet shall we walk somewhere?" I asked her as I didn't see where their ship had gone to, and she nodded.

"Yes, we can walk around this island to get to them, they'll be docked somewhere else." She said in a confident tone as she turned and began to walk. Her attitude had completely changed, and it amused me. Perhaps she was so dead-set on finding her friend that nothing else mattered to her.

"You sound so sure. How do you know?" I asked her in plain curiosity of how this regular servant was acting like they knew everything and she shrugged her shoulders.

"I don't know, but I have these visions sometimes." She said in such a casual way, but it enlightened me fully. So she was one of those fortune tellers, born to see the future. She may not be aware of it yet, my indeed I wasn't even aware of the diamond in the rough that she is! My, I didn't even know her name, and here's to say that I didn't even care to learn her name.

"Well, my dear Emily, we shall begin our way towards our captured friend, alright?" I asked her as I confidently marched ahead of her as I thought of ways I would re-plunder that ship from my past and how I would re-kill the pirates onboard. Perhaps I shall burn the boat or maybe I shall make it explode? Or maybe a good old tussle is the way to go! Oh I do love a good scrap.

"Yes, she can't be far." Emily said as she walked, catching up to be beside me.

As we walked, it occurred to me that those blasted pirates don't just take away anyone, they must know that either she's the Queen, which I doubt. Or they're aware that our ship is the same ship that she tried to fool, which I believe to probably be the most likely case for our majesty. Yet, can me and this girl be able to take them all on alone? Perhaps her 'telling the future' lark will be able to give us a helping hand in getting her out of there. Do not fret my dear Queen, we will come for you, I shall take my jewels and we shall leave, and after this you never have to even look at me again, and you shall be happy once more. Don't worry, my Queen. We're coming.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.8K 924 24
So yeah, Herobrine found out he has a daughter. Finding this out, he wants to meet her. He'll need help finding her in the real world, where he hasn'...
145K 3.7K 13
Sequel to "Sparrow's Love". Maria Barbossa is back. She is out to find her true love Jack and escape from Becket. She does this while trying to ensu...
3.3K 194 11
That night he thought he was going to die, as the wealthiest man on earth, as his mother has wished. After so many years he was finally feeling at pe...
19 0 5
What if when the Hero of Bowerstone was shot from Lucien and fell to the streets below, he briefly met his ancestor the Hero of Oakvale. What will th...