To Rest ยป Supernatural [6] | โœ“

By soIarfIare

"What? Are you gonna tell me that Sam is alive?" She asks. "Yes." Dean sighs. "Sam is alive." "He's back?" E... More

To Rest
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
A/N
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
BLOOPERS
Song & Fan-Made Video List

14

1.5K 39 1
By soIarfIare

( YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH )

CALUMET CITY, ILLINOIS

BIGGERSON'S
RESTAURANT
[ ☼ ]

       Jane Peterson, a waitress, emerges from the kitchen and walks to the till in the restaurant, all the while speaking on her cellphone. "He said he'd call, but of course he never did. But—I don't know. I just—we had such a good time. I-I should call him, right? Do you think? I mean, should I call him? I don't know. Oh. Uh, Olivia, just hold on a sec." She turns away from the frowning front Manager, but continues her phone conversation. "I just need the truth. That's all. I really gotta go, 'kay? Call you later."

       Jane is picking up an order. "I pity you." A Cook says to her.

       "I'm sorry?" Jane asks.

       "You're sad and pathetic, and I pity you—only reason I'm giving you a head's up." The Cook says. "Stay away from the clam chowder. I flavored it with my own... seasoning." Jane looks shocked, goes to deliver the order.

       "Hey, Jane. You know that new girl, Misty? Way hotter than you." The Manager says.

       "Excuse me?" Asks Jane.

        "Basically, she's an eight, and you're a... a three."

       Jane, disconsolate, continues her duties. She turns to an elderly patron. "Can I get you anything else, ma'am?" She asks.

       "No, thank you. I ran over a homeless man once, and I never even stopped to see if he was alive." The Woman says. Jane turns. Other people address her as she moves through the restaurant.

       "I hate mommy. I want to burn her in her sleep." A Little Girl says.

       "I don't know what it is, but you just give me the creeps." Says a Waiter. "Like I get physically nauseous."

       "You're pathetic."

       "Loser."

        "Desperate." Jane is in a back room, unlocking a drawer and pulling out a gun.

        "Stupid. Mousy."

        "You're a desperate, pathetic loser."

        "You're gonna die alone."

        Jane is in a corridor outside the main dining room, speaking on her cellphone to her sister, Olivia. "Hey, can you come get me?" She asks.

       "You sound awful. Have you been drinking?" Olivia asks.

       "I think I'm going crazy. I'm freaking out." Jane says.

       "Of course you are. 'Cause you are a freak. You're certifiable. Every time the phone rings, my stomach drops. Jane with another crisis. You're a walking disaster." Olivia says as Jane pulls the gun out of her apron. "The whole family's just waiting for your next big breakdown, Jane. We're like hostages. Why don't you just go ahead and kill yourself already?"

       Jane places the gun under her chin. The camera moves up. A shot rings out and Jane's blood splatters on a sign that reads: BIGGERSON's: THE HAPPY PLACE.

HOT DOG VENDOR
[ ☼ ]

       Sam is in the line up. Dean is walking away, talking to Bobby on the phone. "I know what I saw, Bobby." Dean says.

       "We tested him. Salt, silver—everything." Bobby says.

       "He threw me to that vamp." Dean says. "I'm telling you, it's not my brother."

      "Well, then he's something we ain't ever seen before."

       "Yeah, or it's freakin' Lucifer." Dean says.

       "Did you call Cas?" Bobby asks

       "'Course I called Cas. He's not answering." Dean says. "Screw him. I can't wait anymore."

       "Look, I get it. You're rattled. You're right to be. But let's be professional—" Bobby starts.

       "Professional? He watched me get turned!"

       "What you saw... are you sure that's what you saw?" Asks Bobby.

       "Damn it, Bobby, yes. I know." Dean says.

       "Well, 'you know' ain't the Same as proof. 'Cause we're talking about—"

       "We're talking about doing something about this, and fast." Says Dean. "It's not just the vamp, okay? He has been different from the jump."

       "All right. I'm with you." Bobby says.

       "Are you?"

       "Yeah. I'll hit the books, hard. Just don't shoot him yet, all right? Watch him. We need facts." Bobby says. "Cause if it ain't Sam... we don't know what it is. And if we're gonna put him down, we need to know how."

       "I don't even want to ride in the same car with him, much less work a damn case." Sam says.

       "Get in the car. He's your case." Bobby says and hangs up. Sam walks up to Dean with a newspaper and lunch in hand.

       "Hey. I was just, uh, I was leaving Lisa a message." Dean says.

       "Still hasn't called you back, huh?" Sam asks.

       "No."

        Sam hands Dean a foil-wrapped hot dog. "Sucks." He says.

       "Yeah." Dean says.

       Sam, looks at Dean intensely. "You okay?" He asks. Dean answers, stilted.

       "Yeah. I'm fine. How are you?"

       "Me? Great." Sam says. "Here, look. Check this out. Think it might be something." He hands Dean a newspaper featuring the story about Jane Peterson. "Four people, out of nowhere, all in the last couple of weeks. What do you say?"

       "Yeah. Sounds like a plan." Dean says.

       "Let's go."

OLIVIA'S HOUSE
[ ☼ ]

       Dean and Sam are posing as FBI agents. Dean explores the house while Sam questions Olivia. "I don't understand. Why would federal investigators be interested in a suicide?" She asks.

       "Well, um... it's a new, more caring administration." Sam says.

       "Well, I already told the cops. Jane was having a really bad day, so I-I did what any sister would do." Olivia plays with hair as Dean drops in. "I...tried to cheer her up, you know? Told her to hang in there."

       "You know what a 'tell' is?" Sam asks.

        "Excuse me?" Asks Olivia.

        "It's a poker term... for when you're bluffing." Sam says. "Like what you just did with your hair."

       "What are you trying to say?" Olivia asks.

       "You're lying." Sam says. Dean is surprised at the force of Sam's inquiry.

       "What?!"

        "Tell us what you did to your sister." Sam says. Dean is shocked. Olivia looks to Dean for reassurance.

      Olivia, breaks down as Sam looks vindicated. "Okay. You're right. I was lying. I wanted to tell her, "I love you. I'm here for you." Oh, but what came out was... "You're a burden. Just kill yourself." Who says that?! I-I-I just couldn't stop!" She yells.

OUTSIDE OLIVIA'S HOUSE
[ ☼ ]

       Dean and Sam are walking back to the car. "See anything in the house?" Sam asks.

      "No hex bags, no sulfur, no EMF. You?" Dean asks.

       "A tuba and an issue of Crochet Today." Sam says. "So, what, already kinda suicidal?"

       "Right, and then big sis's Taxicab Confession sends her over the edge." Dean says. "Question is, what made big sis open her big, fat mouth in the first place?"

      "Yeah, that is the question." Sam says as he and Dean get into the Impala.

DENTIST'S OFFICE
[ ☼ ]

       Paul, a Dentist is doing someone's teeth with a Dental Hygienist. "Thanks. Uh, can you grab some gauze, please?" Paul asks the Hygienist.

      "Mm-hmm."

      "Should've had you prescribe me a Valium." The Patient says.

      "Just relax." Paul says. The television comes into view, volume is low.

      "What is the truth?"

      Paul is preparing a needle for freezing. "It'll be fine." He says.

      "I'm Ashley Frank." The TV says.

      "I got to be honest, Paul—I don't really want to be here." The Patient says.

      "You and most people. But you know what? I don't take it personally." Paul says. "Okay, open up." He injects the needle into the Patient's mouth."You and Donna should come over for supper. How long has it been?" He pulls the needle out. "There. Worst part's over."

      "I'm not really into Donna anymore." The Patient says. "She's old."

      Paul is surprised. "Your wife looks great for her age." He says.

      "Her saggy skin makes me want to hurl. I have urges, you know."

      "Okay." Says Paul.

       "Remember that camping trip I missed 'cause I was sick? Well, I wasn't. I was just afraid to be around Melissa." The Patient says.

      "My daughter Melissa?" Asks Paul.

      "But then... she spent the night for Jill's slumber party. Oh... it just seemed so easy, you know?"

      "What are you saying?" Paul asks.

      "It's not so much I couldn't control myself. I just knew I wouldn't get caught. And I didn't get caught." The Patient says. Paul grabs the Patient by the throat, forcing him to gasp for air. He shoves a drill into the Patient's mouth. Blood spurts incesstantly. The Dental Hygienist enters and screams.

HOTEL ROOM
[ ☼ ]

       Dean is on the phone. Camera cuts to interior as he speaks to Bobby. Bobby is shot from outside his window. Camera cuts to interior as he speaks to Dean. "Hey. You got anything?" Dean asks.

      "I've been up all night lookin'. Nothing fits." Says Bobby.

       "Awesome." Dean says.

       "You got anything else to go on?" Asks Bobby.

       "Yeah, my skin crawls being in the Same room with him." Dean says. "Why don't you look that up?"

       "I'm working on it."

       "I don't know how much longer I can do this, Bobby. You got to figure out what the hell he is and fast." Says Dean.

       "I'm trying. But, Dean, there's a worst-case scenario." Bobby says.

      "What, Satan's my co-pilot?" Dean asks. "Yeah, I know."

      "Well, that'd be the other worst case." Bobby says.

       "Well, then what?"

       "Maybe it's just Sam." Bobby says and Dean pauses.

       "I gotta go." Dean says.

       "Dean."

       "You got a day, Bobby, and then I'm handling this." Dean hangs up, takes a pull from a beer. He stares at Lisa's number for a while, then calls her, lets it ring once and hangs up.

       Sam, dressed as an FBI agent, enters. "There was another one." He says.

       "Yeah? What?" Dean asks.

        "Dentist drilled a guy to death."

       "You mean the... non-sexy kind of drilling, right?" Dean asks.

       "50 bucks says he's mixed up in all the crazy."

       "You think?" Dean asks.

       "Yeah. Let's go talk to him." Says Sam.

       "Okay. Uh... why don't you go ahead? I'll catch up. I'm gonna do a little research."

       Sam looks disbelieving. "You sure?" He asks.

        "Yeah. We got to know what we're up against, right?" Dean asks.

       "Yeah. Yeah, good idea." Sam exits. Dean is relieved, but anxious.

OUTSIDE A BUILDING
[ ☼ ]

       Sam has been questioning the Dental Hygienist. "Thanks a lot." Sam walks away and calls Dean.

      "Anything from Marathon Man?" Dean asks.

       "Not exactly. He hung himself in his cell before I could get to him." Sam says.

       "Yikes."

       "But he was definitely involved. Just got the scoop from his assistant." Says Sam.

      "Yeah?" Dean asks.

      "Yeah. Let's say the stuff that his patient was confessing to—I'd have murdered him, too."

       "So, root canal and Russian roulette—both of 'em, it's like they were cursed, right?" Dean asks. "I mean, people are just compelled to puke the truth all over 'em?"

       "Oh, getting hit with the ugly truth, you go postal? I'd call that a curse." Sam says. "Do me a favor—I'm going to the morgue to check out the body. Why don't you take the dentist's office, see what you see?"

       "Yeah. No problem." Dean hangs up, closes his laptop, which was open on an article titled "Doppleganger".

DENTIST'S OFFICE
[ ☼ ]

       Dean sneaks in under the police tape, past the bloodied dental chair, and into Paul's office. There is a saxophone on the credenza. Dean picks up a pack of reeds from his desk and a receipt from Harry's House of Horns.

       Dean remembers seeing the shop's name on Jane Patterson's calendar, along with a note about a dental appointment.

HARRY'S HOUSE OF HORNS
[ ☼ ]

       Harry is holding up photos of Paul and Jane that Dean supplied. "Jane and Dr. Conley. I heard. Awful. What do I have to do with it?" He asks.

      "Honestly? You're the only thing they have in common." Dean says. "Did they say anything to you before they, uh...?"

      "Sorry. Not really." Harry says.

      "Right. Ah, I was just fishing. Thanks."

      "Hey, by the way, how 'bout my horn?" Harry asks.

      "Sorry?" Dean asks.

       "Stolen horn?"

       "Right. Yeah. We're—we're working on it." Dean turns to leave.

       "Well, I hope so. Thing's one-in-a-billion."

       Dean turns back. "What makes it one-in-a-billion again?" He asks.

      "It's a museum piece." Harry says. "And near as anyone can tell, about a thousand years old." Harry shows Dean a photo of the instrument.

      "Where's it from?" Dean asks.

      "No one knows."

      "When did it get swiped?" Asks Dean.

      "About...two weeks ago—Same day Jane died."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 3.7K 69
"I like you, Dean. I get what the other angels see in you. Goodbye. We'll meet again soon." Lucifer turns to walk away. Someone appears next to Lucif...
8.5K 492 58
Book 5 It's Been A Year Since Sam risked his life and fell into the pit with Lucifer and Micheal. Dean kept his promise and moved it with Lisa & Ben...
257K 8.5K 69
"It's okay." Elena says. "No. I kissed you without asking. I shouldn't have done that." Sam says. "No. You shouldn't have. But I also realized some...
17.1K 565 36
This is a Dean X Reader You are saved by Sam and Dean whilst they were clearing out a werewolf den. You were bound by chains to the wall of the cave...