The Bad and The Broken

Von summer___love

Dawn Rayne Falls and her brother, Jesse Falls, are abused by her father, Jim. He is an alcoholic and abusive... Mehr

The Beginning
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Part 76

Chapter 33

36.9K 858 191
Von summer___love

***Not Edited***

Dawn's POV

I stare out the window, completely ignoring the teacher. I wasn't going to go to class, I was just going to stay I'm the bathroom, but I knew that would only unravel more questions from Ryder, so I didn't.

The trees stood tall and confident. The sun was shining bright. The sky was clear of any clouds. I wish I could be out there instead of in here.

My wrist is swollen more, because of Lucas, and I'm still wet, also because of Lucas... Asshole.

"Alright, class, now write a sum-" the teacher started, but was cut off by the bell.

Students left the classroom, going to their sixth period of the day.

Two more hours, Dawn. Just two more hours, I tell myself, more than ready to leave this hell hole but dreading the one I have to enter afterwards.

I drag my feet to automotive engineering, ignoring the sore feeling in all of my muscles.

I enter the garage type class, and was greeted by the smell of gasoline.

I walk to a corner with a desk, there's not a lot of them- mostly cars and tables full of tools and car parts, and giant tool boxes- and sit down.

My muscles relax, making me let out a relieved sigh. My whole body hurts and my legs feel like they're on fire.

I put my head in my hands, and close my eyes, letting the sounds of drills and car engines fill my ears.

I didn't realize how tired I was, I point out to myself.

Suddenly, there was a tap on my shoulder.

I open my eyes and turn around, only to be face to face with Ryder.

"Who poured water on you?" He asks almost immediately, taking me by surprise.

He hands me his phone, and its already on a notepad for my to type on.

I roll my eyes.

Why does he want to know so bad?

"Why?" I type.

I hate having to type and write everything. Its so difficult. And now that I think about it, I've never had to do this until now. This is actually the only school I've ever been to where people actually talked to me.

I hand him the phone, and wait for him to hand it back.

"Because I want to know. Why won't you just tell me?" He asks with a hint of anger and frustration.

I roll my eyes again, and take the phone back.

"Because its none of your business."

This time, he rolls his eyes.

"Dammit, Dawn," he yells, making my eyes widen in slight fear, and also making people stare. But with one glare from Ryder, they all put there heads down, and focused back on what they were doing.

He turns back to me, and looks in my eyes. His eyes soften as they look into mine, and he takes a step back, casting his gaze on the floor.

"Look," he says softly, "I just want to know. Okay?"

I stare at him, trying to read him.

Why does he want to know so badly?

He looks back at me, his eyes pleading.

I put my hand out, gesturing for the phone.

He unlocks it, then puts it in my hand and I start typing.

"Lucas Crawler."

I hesitantly hand the phone back, and I suddenly feel like I was going to regret this later.

Ryder's POV

I walk into the garage, and immediately search for Dawn.

After a few minutes, I finally find her sitting in a desk in the corner of the garage. Her hair and clothes are still wet, which made me angrier about someone doing such a thing to her.

Yeah, I know, it's just water- why am I getting pissed off about it? Well to answer everyone's question, Dawn put up with people's bullying all day. Verbal and now physical. She doesn't deserve that. She doesn't deserve the physical or verbal bullying at all. She deserves to be treated like any other human being. Normal. I'm just glad she can catch a break at home. I wonder if her parents know about the bullying...

I quickly make my way over to her, and tap her shoulder.

She puts her head up, and turns around, showing me her tired eyes, making my anger dial down a little.

"Who poured water on you?" I quickly ask.

I hand her my phone, and she rolls her eyes.

The phone was already open, so I just had to wait for her answer.

She hands it back, and I read it.

"Why?"

"Because I want to know. Why won't you just tell me?" I asked, frustration and a little anger in my tone.

She rolls her eyes, again, and takes my phone.

I watch her eyebrows furrow as she types, telling me I wasn't going to get answer.

"Because it's none of your business."

I roll my eyes this time, and was no longer able to contain my anger.

"Dammit, Dawn," I yell,getting people attention and making them stare. I give them all death glares, and they all immediately put their heads down, going back to what they were doing.

I turn back to Dawn, and look in her eyes. And for once, they held something. I was shocked, but I hid it, and focused more on the emotion held in her eyes.

Fear.

I scared her. I scared her, the girl I would never dream of hurting.

My eyes soften, and my anger turns into regret. I take a step back, giving her some space.

I stare at the floor, and try to think of something to say.

"Look," I say softly, "I just want to know. Okay?"

I look back at her with pleading eyes.

She looks at me for a moment, then stares at the phone at starts typing.

She hands it to me slowly, as if hesitant, and when I look at the screen, my blood boils.

"Lucas Crawler."

I skipped the rest of sixth period, and decided to skip seventh period all together - even though I honestly didn't really want to.

I texted TJ and Beau to meet me at class 502, which is how we all ended up waiting outside Lucas Crawler's class.

Author's Note

Hi guys! That up there ^ is Ryder... Obviously XD

I would've made this chapter longer, but i wanted to hurry up and update. Which is also why i didn't edit it or anything, so I'm sorry for any typos or mistakes!

The cliff hanger was just because of the way I wanted the next chapter to start. Again, sorry loves!

Okay, I got a few messages last night asking about Dawn and her recent suicidal thoughts, and I thought I'd explain a little.

Dawn is starting to fall into depression, and the suicidal thoughts are a combination of the depression, her believing that's the only way to get away from her father, and her believing she deserves to die. She believes she should've died, not her mother, and this is why she thinks she deserves to.

I was going to put those as part of her thoughts in another chapter, but I thought I'd ho ahead and just tell you.

Anyways, I hope that clears up anyone's confusion or wonders (?)...

I'm trying to add a little more drama in school (Hehe) because writing about school got boring because nothing was happening. So that's why Ryder is a little over dramatic right now.

Alright, I'm sure you've all already noticed but I'm having a really hard time naming chapters. I've noticed the names of my chapters are really stupid and it's because I never have any idea what to name them, okay. So try not to judge me on that. :)

Vote! Comment! I love you gooys!

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

1M 31.9K 80
Being alone? Check. Being afraid? Check. Being abused? Check times 3. Honestly, my life wasn't this bad before, not until I ended in foster care... S...
169K 5.9K 25
I AM REWRITING THIS BOOK-ITS POORLY WRITTEN AND THOUGHT OUT, SO PLEASE DO NOT JUDGE MY WRITING BASED OFF OF THIS. *PLEASE DONT READ THIS, IT'S AWFUL*...
10.3M 710 5
***Please note that this book has been taken down because it's been published, and you can see only the sample chapters of the published version. **...
8.7K 336 30
*C O M P L E T E* "Tor-" "I'll see ya round Jason...when I get friends who actually like me." I spit angrily. "Tori don't go!" He shouts as I turn...